New Nvidia Drivers

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
If you are using an NVIDIA based system and you are having problems with CTDs or fatal crashes (BSODs) we recommend you to install the latest graphics card drivers from NVIDIA for the best stability.

32 bit (x86) Operating System:
XP
Vista

64 bit (x64) Operating System:
XP
Vista

Originally Posted Here

If you are using an NVIDIA based system and you are having problems with CTDs or fatal crashes (BSODs)

Originally Posted Here

hehe i didnt have any of those problems until i updated to the latest driver linked on that page :D
switchec back to the 182 and all works wonderful

hehe i didnt have any of those problems until i updated to the latest driver linked on that page :D

Woot for new driver Plz download file 3p1c F41lur3.exe....LOL

The BSODs came back with the latest driver (as expected...) :mad:

I reinstalled 182.08 and everything works fine again.

Dont think this driver is for Geforce 8600M GT :) Tells me that the driver is not compatible with detected hardware ;)

Ahh well.

C

Thanks Bertha! I'll always stay away the things you are reccomending :D
Currently I'm running some old drivers from 2008 and I have no problems.

But thanks for heads up anyway, now go get some garcen.

I had issues with this driver, but after rebooting in safe mode, uninstalling all nvidia drivers, rebooting to desktop then reinstalling the 191.07 Windows 7 x64 drivers, its working fine. No BSOD at all...

a day late Bertha :)

New driver works tip top, with increased performance inside buildings but i still have MAJOR issues when near twin and PA tp area

The BSODs came back with the latest driver (as expected...) :mad:

I reinstalled 182.08 and everything works fine again.

It says upgrade if you are having problems.

Or to put another way, if everything is fine with your current drivers, you don't need to upgrade. ;)

Or to put another way, if everything is fine with your current drivers, you don't need to upgrade.

Entropia is not the only program/game on my computer you know. I have many other games like WoW, Lotro, DDO, Crysis and many more and all of them work perfectlly with the new drivers. That makes you think doesn't it?
Fortunately all of my games and programs work with the old drivers for the time being.

And yes, I always uninstall the old driver before I install a new one.

My system is XP (32) SP3+, AMD 64 X2 6000+, Nvidia 8800GT and 4GB ram

Last edited:
If you are using an NVIDIA based system and you are having problems with CTDs or fatal crashes (BSODs)...

Can't say it enough... if it ain't broke... :wise:

If it is... nothing to lose. I hope to see many more people ingame :yay:

indeed

I was just gonna say the same thing! I would like to upgrade my driver... but it's working now so I'm not gonna mess with it until I hear some more word on the subject.

If you are using an NVIDIA based system and you are having problems with CTDs or fatal crashes (BSODs) we recommend you to install the latest graphics card drivers from NVIDIA for the best stability.

FAIL

what about if things are running good for you? should we upgrade then? :rolleyes:

Since at MA/FPC offices we use ATI Graphic Cards, we are not able to tell if the new drivers fix the BSOD / CTD issues.
We count on our beloved players to install, test, crash, and report, as usual.

Note: second part of quotation is fake. :silly2:

Same thing. 2 minutes in and a BSOD. :rolleyes:

well i think that explain my problems, only that version does not support my gt220.

any idea witch driver i need.
I was using 190.62 before latest version, don't got any crashes. Also IMHO 190.62 provide better results. Before i was using 182.06 from 09.02.2009.

So, probably you could try 190.62

I was using 190.62 before latest version, don't got any crashes. Also IMHO 190.62 provide better results. Before i was using 182.06 from 09.02.2009.

So, probably you could try 190.62

yeah ill try some older versions tomorrow, and use program to be sure all old and new drivers are gone.

great work MA... I´ve been using this version that MA wants me to use.. with the last update today crash straight away.

ffs if you recommend a driver, keep the gameupdates accordingly also!!

Well I've had no crashes at all then the last 2 updates come along and I've crashed 4 times yesterday and straight away after logging in today :scratch2:

Thanks Bertha .. that was a total mess but I reinstalled 182.something and everything works again. you make me want to hunt bots again witha passion!!!

deadbertha.gif

Anyone else have a problem with the BSOD after playing EU? So far I have not had any BSODs while play entropia, but after I get done playing (So I close the game) I usually get a BSOD within 10 min - 2hrs. Before VU10 I had a problem with the BSOD, but it used to only happen randomly once every 1-2 weeks (I never bothered to look into it). Anyways I am just wondering if this is an Outman thing, or a EU thing?

Thanks

Dont think this driver is for Geforce 8600M GT :) Tells me that the driver is not compatible with detected hardware ;)

Ahh well.

C

Mobile driver's are usually released by the laptop manufacturer... you can go to laptopvideo2go.com to download a hacked version of the recent drivers. The site helps force the desktop version of the driver's onto laptops.

Anyone else have a problem with the BSOD after playing EU? So far I have not had any BSODs while play entropia, but after I get done playing (So I close the game) I usually get a BSOD within 10 min - 2hrs. Before VU10 I had a problem with the BSOD, but it used to only happen randomly once every 1-2 weeks (I never bothered to look into it). Anyways I am just wondering if this is an Outman thing, or a EU thing?

Thanks

Exactly the same problem.

I now know when I can expect a BSOD. Its become a part of my EU gaming experience now, right up there with "no loots"! :D :rolleyes:

Give it a break. Afterall it's just a Bot and aren;t we in constant war with robots on Calypso?
Maybe they are gettin' their asses kicked too much and this was a planned action so many of uc crash and they can catch a breath he he he he....

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOdKkwm1cys[/YOUTUBE]

I still get BSOD after like 5 - 10 min ingame with latest drivers.. I sent a Support Message to FPC and got this reply:
Hej,

Problemet är drivrutinsrelaterat och Nvidia arbetar fortfarande med detta. För de allra flesta fungerar det bra nu men vi samlar fortfarande in krash rapporter från våra användare och vidarebefordrar dem till Nvidia för att hjälpa dem att hitta problemet snabbare.

Med vänlig hälsning,
Entropia Universe Support
Translated to english:
Hi,

The problem is with the drivers and Nvidia is still working on it. For most players it works fine but we are still collecting crash reports from our users and sends it to Nvida to help them find the problem faster.

Regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Weird thing after upgrading to win 7 pro 64 im waiting on my 5850 ati card so i didnt install nvidea drivers thus using microsofts WDDM drivers and gues what? game never ran as bugless as it dos now :D

Back