New player to the game like me here are some things to know

So i am 2 weeks old, but i came to the game with at least 20 hours of videos and information. I am probally 60 hours into videos at the point. SO....

1. LEARN- watch videos several of them, covering the same subject, from different views and perspectives, not just one view. What works good for the Goose, in this game, is not alway going to work for the gander. so know how to swap things up and make things work in your favor.

2. FASHION- who does not want to look cool and have a wardrobe of awesome cloths. If your new....DONT STAY AWAY FROM FASHION... every PED counts. so unless you are willing to dump 100s of dollars, and it not bother you. then you do you boo boo.

3. FREE 2 PLAY - free to be bored more like it. listen there is more than one way to skin a cat, so dont SWEAT it every day. haha... many players may say gotta go big. no you dont, just gotta be smart, and stop looking at the mountain of gold, or PED, and look at what is running in small pools in the rivers. sure its not the mountain, but it will add up. its not playing the market, or just this or that. its a tiny bit of each thing. if you hunt, the punys over time can get you into positive ammo gain on calypso. keep that in mind...not always the BIG GAME, you can live off small game too, and turn it to your advantage.

[Moderated]

5. EASY DOSE IT - not sure what weapon you want to go with, then just try. but keep it cheap. for guns hopefully you got a mission unlimited one from Icarus. for melee well the TT ones decay really bad, and melee needs to be mixed with Mindforce or pistol. I find lacerate ability to be best overall for getting into it, fast attack, decent damage, and when the mob gets close...CHOP CHOP melee. but i hear Electro is where you should go with melee. advice from 13 year player. not me mentor on this. from my view hunting can be a PED-HOLE if you are not precise with what your going for.

6. HAVE A IDEA - get a idea of how you want to progress, like going to university, Pick a Major, and have a Minor, and do not get too deep when you decide to swap Major, cause this will be a COSTLY set back, kind of like University. cause you go swapping Majors to late down the road, its going to cost you more tuition and time to get where you want to be. which might result in you dropping out.

7. HAVE FUN - self explanatory. have fun seriously, i like the tickey micro managing nature of this game thus far. so it suits me pretty nice. and it will take a long time to get good, and even then, i will still be a nub, and need to know more near infinitely. so that is pretty awesome. and finding things out that others have not. OPPRETUNITY ABOUND IN ENTROPIA UNIVERSE so get your guide, dig in, and HAVE A BLAST.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have, especially when i find things that maybe solo new players have no clue to. they drop out to fast. cause it can be a bit of a learning curve. it is not like other MMOs. it is easier to learn than EvE online, but has so many layers, and each layer has micro layers.

Welcome! If you need help, you can ask me ingame or on here.

Just post a question on PCF and many will help.

Enjoy and welcome to Entropia Universe

1. LEARN - watch videos several of them, covering the same subject, from different views and perspectives, not just one view. What works good for the Goose, in this game, is not alway going to work for the gander. so know how to swap things up and make things work in your favor.

3. FREE 2 PLAY - free to be bored more like it. listen there is more than one way to skin a cat, so dont SWEAT it every day. haha... many players may say gotta go big. no you dont, just gotta be smart, and stop looking at the mountain of gold, or PED, and look at what is running in small pools in the rivers. sure its not the mountain, but it will add up. its not playing the market, or just this or that. its a tiny bit of each thing. if you hunt, the punys over time can get you into positive ammo gain on calypso. keep that in mind...not always the BIG GAME, you can live off small game too, and turn it to your advantage.

5. EASY DOSE IT - not sure what weapon you want to go with, then just try. but keep it cheap. for guns hopefully you got a mission unlimited one from Icarus. for melee well the TT ones decay really bad, and melee needs to be mixed with Mindforce or pistol. I find lacerate ability to be best overall for getting into it, fast attack, decent damage, and when the mob gets close...CHOP CHOP melee. but i hear Electro is where you should go with melee. advice from 13 year player. not me mentor on this. from my view hunting can be a PED-HOLE if you are not precise with what your going for.

6. HAVE A IDEA - get a idea of how you want to progress, like going to university, Pick a Major, and have a Minor, and do not get too deep when you decide to swap Major, cause this will be a COSTLY set back, kind of like University. cause you go swapping Majors to late down the road, its going to cost you more tuition and time to get where you want to be. which might result in you dropping out.

7. HAVE FUN - self explanatory. have fun seriously, i like the tickey micro managing nature of this game thus far. so it suits me pretty nice. and it will take a long time to get good, and even then, i will still be a nub, and need to know more near infinitely. so that is pretty awesome. and finding things out that others have not. OPPRETUNITY ABOUND IN ENTROPIA UNIVERSE so get your guide, dig in, and HAVE A BLAST.
1. Learning from different people is a must, especially from those doing what they preach, like if you meet someone who doesn't deposit and is free to play like me ^^.

3. At the moment, I think the best way to free 2 play and get ahead for new players is to find fruit and lots of it, buy some Sweet-stuff or mine it yourself and sell Nutrio Bars for a 200% Markup. Best way to make peds in-game right now with MU that high on Fruits/Sweetstuff=Nutrio Bars. There are still other opportunities for free play, but I won't go into much detail on PCF.

5. Hunting ECO has always been my thing. I always make it work for me and have no issues decreasing my cost to kill a mob for Markup.

6. I have an idea of how I want to progress inside of Entropia. My major is mining/crafting, and my minor is now hunting and using my primary focus to generate more peds for better results in hunting and cheap skilling and profits.

7. I'm always having fun when I log in, and I see my skills and ped card increasing without depositing. I will eventually reach my goal of breaking even on previous deposits, but easy does it and take small steps consistently.

Last edited:
1. Learning from different people is a must, especially from those doing what they preach, like if you meet someone who doesn't deposit and is free to play like me ^^.

3. At the moment, I think the best way to free 2 play and get ahead for new players is to find fruit and lots of it, buy some Sweet-stuff or mine it yourself and sell Nutrio Bars for a 200% Markup. Best way to make peds in-game right now with MU that high on Fruits/Sweetstuff=Nutrio Bars. There are still other opportunities for free play, but I won't go into much detail on PCF.

5. Hunting ECO has always been my thing. I always make it work for me and have no issues decreasing my cost to kill a mob for Markup.

6. I have an idea of how I want to progress inside of Entropia. My major is mining/crafting, and my minor is now hunting and using my primary focus to generate more peds for better results in hunting and cheap skilling and profits.

7. I'm always having fun when I log in, and I see my skills and ped card increasing without depositing. I will eventually reach my goal of breaking even on previous deposits, but easy does it and take small steps consistently.
I agree learning from others is a must. I was so happy to get invited into a society.

I was finding tons of fruit while mining on cyrene. as for finding the sweet stuff probally gonna have to buy cant remember what planet its native too, and its a rare show up.

how long you been a player i am almost at 3 weeks.

I am still wishy washy on my minor. i kind of want to get into tailoring, because it seems like the least gambley thing, either the nice cloths sell or they dont. not relying on globals. and i can farm small mobs on cyrene for extractors, hides ect. but getting a colorator tool is expensive.

but getting a colorator tool is expensive.

There is a mission on Next Island / Ancient Greece , that will award coloring and bleaching tool as the mission reward.
If I remember correctly , it is geared at low level / new players.

There are tons of ways to earn peds in this game, the only problem with newbies, too impatient to become a uber, hence they spent a lot of money every week. There are too many things to explore in this game, find the profit making way and use your inputs (trading, investment returns etc) as outputs (ammo & decay) , this way u can enjoy this game on the long run, cheers~ Happy Labours Day :)

I really appreciate it and others like you, players like you are what give a game its soul. When i get home ill friend request you, if thats okay.
You bet..What is your ingame name ? I can add you if not on etc..

I agree learning from others is a must. I was so happy to get invited into a society.

I was finding tons of fruit while mining on cyrene. as for finding the sweet stuff probally gonna have to buy cant remember what planet its native too, and its a rare show up.

how long you been a player i am almost at 3 weeks.

I am still wishy washy on my minor. i kind of want to get into tailoring, because it seems like the least gambley thing, either the nice cloths sell or they dont. not relying on globals. and i can farm small mobs on cyrene for extractors, hides ect. but getting a colorator tool is expensive.
Go to NI tanzanite view TP, there is a NPC there who awards make textile skills when u complete 50 successful clicks of lesser elysia (i think), cheers~

There are tons of ways to earn peds in this game, the only problem with newbies, too impatient to become a uber, hence they spent a lot of money every week. There are too many things to explore in this game, find the profit making way and use your inputs (trading, investment returns etc) as outputs (ammo & decay) , this way u can enjoy this game on the long run, cheers~ Happy Labours Day :)
That is so true; many newbies feel that higher profits are at higher levels, but that's not true.

They are everywhere, like the Nutrio Bar method I explained if you look hard enough.

Even skill farming is a genuine possibility for new players if they invest a little.

Low-level mobs are some of the best if not thy best, way to skill efficiently.

PS: I have no idea why people think I am trolling on forums; get real.

That is so true; many newbies feel that higher profits are at higher levels, but that's not true.

They are everywhere, like the Nutrio Bar method I explained if you look hard enough.

Even skill farming is a genuine possibility for new players if they invest a little.

Low-level mobs are some of the best if not thy best, way to skill efficiently.

PS: I have no idea why people think I am trolling on forums; get real.
this is why i save all my fruits i find while out hunting. I am still killing lvl 5 mobs. plus since i am going to start slowly working on tailor as my minor. i am keeping the Helifix hides that drop on arkadia.

i just did a event with my society out there. one person that has been playing about 2 or 3 weeks longer than me got 2000 ped global in the event when she got the loot.

i did not gain much more skill shooting at the lvl 1700 immortal man on a triceratops all it took was one bullet to get loot drops, 1 bullet is all i could get off before i got AOEd to death. but it was fun.

this is why i save all my fruits i find while out hunting. I am still killing lvl 5 mobs. plus since i am going to start slowly working on tailor as my minor. i am keeping the Helifix hides that drop on arkadia.

i just did a event with my society out there. one person that has been playing about 2 or 3 weeks longer than me got 2000 ped global in the event when she got the loot.

i did not gain much more skill shooting at the lvl 1700 immortal man on a triceratops all it took was one bullet to get loot drops, 1 bullet is all i could get off before i got AOEd to death. but it was fun.
Hi bro, u are much better than me, am a level 80 combat profession, but i usually hunt L4 mobs for skilling and for fun haha :D My majors: trading and investments, definitely not hunting :) You need lots of patience and endurance to play this game if u want to have fun on the long run, engage in all kinds of activities, explore all the possibilities of profit making, hunting etc.

And pls do not envy on others who get a HOF, most probably they depo hence they get the HOF, what's there to envy on? :) For me, i dont envy on others getting a 100k peds HOF, but i do admire and respect ppl who have the patience to explore this game and earn tons of peds in their own ways(not hunting), Cheers~

Hi bro, u are much better than me, am a level 80 combat profession, but i usually hunt L4 mobs for skilling and for fun haha :D My majors: trading and investments, definitely not hunting :) You need lots of patience and endurance to play this game if u want to have fun on the long run, engage in all kinds of activities, explore all the possibilities of profit making, hunting etc.

And pls do not envy on others who get a HOF, most probably they depo hence they get the HOF, what's there to envy on? :) For me, i dont envy on others getting a 100k peds HOF, but i do admire and respect ppl who have the patience to explore this game and earn tons of peds in their own ways(not hunting), Cheers~
I do not envy hunter hofs, if i get a global i am just hoping its 100k or 1000k shrapnel to give me more bullets to shoot stuff.. honestly i find tree cutting relaxing and ton of skill gain. mining but requires ammo if i dont have probes. so hunting for ammo..lol and whatever i can TT or get MU on.

but i am keeping hides or anything that i know is for tailoring. but it will be funny and annoying when i get some BP that requires some item i had but TTed off not knowing lol.

and thank you.

I do not envy hunter hofs, if i get a global i am just hoping its 100k or 1000k shrapnel to give me more bullets to shoot stuff.. honestly i find tree cutting relaxing and ton of skill gain. mining but requires ammo if i dont have probes. so hunting for ammo..lol and whatever i can TT or get MU on.

but i am keeping hides or anything that i know is for tailoring. but it will be funny and annoying when i get some BP that requires some item i had but TTed off not knowing lol.

and thank you.
Hi Bro, u are most welcome. I would strongly advise u to hunt mobs which gives an item with high mark ups. An example would be L4 merps (and above). Merp wool can sell for 300% MU, even if i lost that 5-10% of loot returns, my merp wool covers for the ammo and decay, in this way we dont need to depo every week, play smart and not hunt blindly, cheers~ happy monday

P.S. The above is just a simple example for earning peds in EU. When u have spent more time exploring this game, u will find millions of ways to earn peds here, be patient and find those ways, do not hunt blindly; do not aspire to be a uber :)

Did I say that? It’s my logs that do, not me, lol.
Right now I’ve cycled around 40k and 5% (2k ped) ahead on TT. Just from consistently playing with the right attitude and mindset and to think I used to give out this info for free on PCF. I already have a +5.5k markup gained, now I’ve increased my turnover speed and looking to pay a little markup to see if the rewards outweigh that risk, to reach my goal of a 10k bankroll without depositing, then working on diversifying my gains. Profiting on TT isn’t too complicated to understand, think about hitting an ATH jackpot that took time to build up at, the right time and place it doesn't need efficiency, and it doesn't even need looter skills, they play a part of the whole which everyone seems to always forget about, ultimately you need balls of steel to win for he who dares wins.

Last edited:
How long have you been a player? I am almost at 3 weeks.

I can farm small mobs on Cyrene for extractors, hides etc.
Ah sorry, I didn't see your question from earlier my apologies. I started playing in March 2009. I started as a sweater, a trader, an armour tiering service, and a medic to try to fund my addiction 😆. I used to team hunt a lot with soc mates etc to help stretch the peds. After investing 20k ped, I went into hunting full-time. Then one day I rage quit after losing 2k on low mat Leviathons pursuing a measly 3-6 ped evade skill reward. After liquidating my items, seeing I had only 2k ped left from my initial investment, from gear which devalued substantially and hunting, I took a break. Came back to hunting and doubled down on low-level hunting, I was making 1k profits per month. Then Loot 2.0 came, then Loot 2.1 and the results were lacklustre, the system supposedly changed from a DPP model to an Efficiency/Looter model. Wrong! Not to mention the competition became fiercer because the loot pool was now compensating the dumb players with higher than avg returns. I’ve quit hunting for now with an avg MU of around 18% but only because I’ve found another activity that can provide me with a 24-25% avg markup.

So I wish you all the best with tailoring, it can be a nice profitable profession if treated like a business. NGL, those extractors on Cyrene are nice 😆.

Back