Help: New public access rights for motherships

With MS revive being in a room with only 1 door, you really could make sick bay a prison cell very easily. :)

Maybe it is intended for events or so, yes, but why do MA have to fail on almost everything first time round?

It's funny maybe, but it's just not ok ...

With MS revive being in a room with only 1 door, you really could make sick bay a prison cell very easily. :)

Oooo great idea... have a few "prison gaurds" blocking the door, no one can leave :D :laugh:

Stowaway alert!!!!! :laugh:

stowaway.jpg

such cute stowaway's are allowed ;)

Thank you Jets, great idea i didnt think of how small that door is will have to test that on next pirate attack from max range :D
Pirates who go into range when attacking will be freed more early :laugh:

such cute stowaway's are allowed ;)

Thank you Jets, great idea i didnt think of how small that door is will have to test that on next pirate attack from max range :D
Pirates who go into range when attacking will be freed more early :laugh:

yay for cute stowaways!!

ok... so now recruiting ToS prison gaurd team? :laugh:

Hello,

the release notes show a "public access" for motherships.

We found out today that this public access was also implemented for privateers.

A privateer has no hangar to leave the ship on the fly.

If a privateer is not docked to a space station and has the public access activated you can revive in there and cant exit the ship on your own anymore.

Using the guest list terminal to kick yourself from the ship is not possible when the public access is turned on as you are not on the guestlist but you have common access to the ship.

You are dependend from a captain or the owner of the ship then to fly you to the next spacestation or deactivate the public access so you can leave via relog to get revived at the space station.

This allowes persons to really trap avatars in space and refuse to get them out without payment or even let the ship shot down after a hunter arrives to loot him.

A low si privateer can be shot within 20 seconds easily.

Hello,

If a privateer is not docked to a space station and has the public access activated you can revive in there and cant exit the ship on your own anymore.

Using the guest list terminal to kick yourself from the ship is not possible when the public access is turned on as you are not on the guestlist but you have common access to the ship.

You are dependend from a captain or the owner of the ship then to fly you to the next spacestation or deactivate the public access so you can leave via relog to get revived at the space station.

This allowes persons to really trap avatars in space and refuse to get them out without payment or even let the ship shot down after a hunter arrives to loot him.

I already was concerned this might happen, thanks for confirming it. Since privateer functions are a copy of mothership development it was possible that they would get as well what was intented for motherships.
Please do a supportcase to mindark about this as i have done for motherships.
Privateers truely are a prision without escape if set to public access at the right spot.

T has been disabled several times before, so it's possible it's just a glitch again. The ironic thing is that T doesn't impact quad stackable transport at all. Using T to travel in space is less secure; it only makes it quicker and decreases oil cost.

Sounds like we can now use privateers as pirate prisons :)

MS Hangar area should be made PVP enabled (toggled on/off by owner of ship). That way a MS can have sentry troops who can defend the zone - and any intruders or stowaways must stand down and comply to security - or be shot.

Revive for NON_GUESTS should also be moved in this zone. People already on guest-list could still revive in the crew quarters.

Oooo great idea... have a few "prison gaurds" blocking the door, no one can leave :D :laugh:

can ms owners put furniture in there? Might make for an interesting use of a few l-quent sideboards for prison bars.

Hello,

Wont be a problem if MA removes the on-board revives. There is no need for them......

Everyone onboard are protected inside and when they do get taken out they revive with the ship which has to be destroyed first at the nearest safe station.

can ms owners put furniture in there? Might make for an interesting use of a few l-quent sideboards for prison bars.

Unfortunatey not.. would be great if we could though... really needs a touch of purple decoration in there imo.. :cool:

Wont be a problem if MA removes the on-board revives. There is no need for them......

Everyone onboard are protected inside and when they do get taken out they revive with the ship which has to be destroyed first at the nearest safe station.

Onboard revives are always usefull, exspecially when operating a fleet - in case one ship gets shot the crew can revive on one of the other ships of the fleet and continue the battle.
But there is no point in having a public access on privateers as for fleet operations one would run with selected crew and there is no hangar for people to board / depart as they wish when the ships not docked. It is a ship designed to transport small to medium specific passengers groups and not meant to be a public mass transport.

Totally agree for revives on privateers being obsolete.

On Motherships there are for sure advantages aswell as disadvantages to have that feature.
Without the ability to teleport in space right now, the shortcutting revive is no longer intended by the MA. (or maybe never was) A tactical revive in a "battle" yeah well that works, aswell for hunting parties in space i would say.

If it is the case that public access leads to public revive points aswell, then you never know where you revive if you die in space killed by someone or something or the possibility of a "lost" connection.
Exploiting that or not, its not a good idea to have that "feature" around since you have no control where you end up.

Aye control is vital, i wrote up the suggestions on that earlier in this thread - one of the 3 needed safeguards is that people are allowed to choose uppon death if they want to revive on the closest mothership revive or the next/previous spacestation.

Aye control is vital, i wrote up the suggestions on that earlier in this thread - one of the 3 needed safeguards is that people are allowed to choose uppon death if they want to revive on the closest mothership revive or the next/previous spacestation.

a drop down menu like with TP's so you can chose which ship you revive on would be nice instead of just closest, it could be handy for fleet operations/crew and certainly for people/customers who are on the guestlist of more than one ship.

a drop down menu like with TP's so you can chose which ship you revive on would be nice instead of just closest, it could be handy for fleet operations/crew and certainly for people/customers who are on the guestlist of more than one ship.

Correct this would be nice but would also open up the possibilty to install a revive jump chain - making ones way from one station to the next just by selecting an parked spacecraft at the border - which would again allow to bypass 95% of space.

If it is the case that public access leads to public revive points aswell, then you never know where you revive if you die in space killed by someone or something or the possibility of a "lost" connection.
Exploiting that or not, its not a good idea to have that "feature" around since you have no control where you end up.

Please don't anybody give MA the notion that revive on MS serves no useful funtion!

It is the possibility of reviving on the wrong ship that needs fixing! ( I support George Skywalker's petition to get Public Access diabled til MA address thes problems) Removal of revive would only create a whole new bunch of problems, just like most of MA's quick-fixes

eg:

when an MS sends out fighters against pirates and these fighters get shot down, where will the fighter pilots revive?

When somebody gets lost onboard an MS (a frequent occurence)and takes the usual advice (press T) where will they revive?

When somebody falls through the floor in Propulsion ( a very frequent occurence) and can't get out, or otherwise gets stuck somewhere inside, what the heck will they do? (press T is what they do, now)

When somebody suffers a game crash on leaving the MS via hangar, where will they revive?

And of course there are all those people who fail to find the MS, or hangar entrance, and resort to pressing T (or it's new subsitute, log-off) to get onboard.

Removing MS revive is a sure way to seperate ship from passengers and crew at frequent intervals. What should the ship do about that? make repeated trips at slow sub-warp speeds to nearby stations, to pick all all the lost people up?

jay :)

( I support George Skywalker's petition to get Public Access diabled til MA address thes problems)

just corecting a mistake I made. I misrembered what George's petition was about.:ahh: It was actually:
Disable summon option in privateers and motherships or disable motherships and privateers completely until the summon pop up box is fixed.
. Sorry, George :ahh: A worthy cause but not the one I thought. Do we not have a petition re, public access? :scratch2:Was sure we do, somewhere or other.

jay:scratch2:

Please don't anybody give MA the notion that revive on MS serves no useful funtion!

It is the possibility of reviving on the wrong ship that needs fixing! ( I support George Skywalker's petition to get Public Access diabled til MA address thes problems) Removal of revive would only create a whole new bunch of problems, just like most of MA's quick-fixes

eg:

when an MS sends out fighters against pirates and these fighters get shot down, where will the fighter pilots revive?

When somebody gets lost onboard an MS (a frequent occurence)and takes the usual advice (press T) where will they revive?

When somebody falls through the floor in Propulsion ( a very frequent occurence) and can't get out, or otherwise gets stuck somewhere inside, what the heck will they do? (press T is what they do, now)

When somebody suffers a game crash on leaving the MS via hangar, where will they revive?

And of course there are all those people who fail to find the MS, or hangar entrance, and resort to pressing T (or it's new subsitute, log-off) to get onboard.

Removing MS revive is a sure way to seperate ship from passengers and crew at frequent intervals. What should the ship do about that? make repeated trips at slow sub-warp speeds to nearby stations, to pick all all the lost people up?

And the fact that you can in fact die inside the mothership just by falling down. Removing mothership revives is just this week's pirate idea designed to strand people at pirate-camped space stations.

And the fact that you can in fact die inside the mothership just by falling down. Removing mothership revives is just this week's pirate idea designed to strand people at pirate-camped space stations.

If someone can die in a mothership by falling then they could just click the X and not revive for the space trip. If the ship gets blown up they would spawn outside already dead. So MA should make it that players can't crash or log off or die while in the motherships.:cool:

If someone can die in a mothership by falling then they could just click the X and not revive for the space trip. If the ship gets blown up they would spawn outside already dead. So MA should make it that players can't crash or log off or die while in the motherships.:cool:

for heaven's sake,

so if something drastic happens like my PC blowing whilst carrying stackables on an MS, then my ava with all its loot will be vulnnerable indefinitely, and i can fully expect to find myself looted when i finally get-back in-game?

ditto, if the MS is detained , or i miss my stop, or whatever and therefore i need to log-off before journey's end

There;'s sometjng terribly wrongwith he whole idea that peple can be looted whilst not actually in-game , but at least that situation only lasts for 20 seconds as things stand, and they can always check their item list (if they still have access to their PC) right away, to find out if they got robbed.

Oh! also: what about the all the inactive avas that willl gradually accumulate inside an MS, now that the owner can't eject them by removing them from the guest lisr?

I can see why pirates would like that idea; the possibilities for exploit are endless. But once passengers figured out all the cosequences, space would be so emty that there wouldn't be anybody left to loot

jay

There seems to have been a secret change to how spacecraft revives work - might have to do with an strongly reduced range might be other criteria - we will be doing some tests on saturday but if you have already figured out the changes please update in here.

Back