New PvP and PvP-L system

Bernz

Stalker
Jos Bernz Bernz
Wherever you are, any planet or in space, the one who kill another player is automatically flagged as a public danger for the next 24 hours online for each player he/she have killed and it's cumulative. So if you killed 2 players, you are now flagged for the next 48 hours.

If the "crime" happened in PvP area, the "criminal" now have his name colored in orange and can be kill anywhere except in town and outpost.

If the "crime" happened in PvP-L area, the "criminal" now have his name colored in red and can be killed and looted anywhere except in town, outpost and space station.

Whoever kill a "criminal" can do it only 1 time or he/she will also be flagged orange/red but everybody can kill the "criminal" at least 1 time without concequence.

Something like that. People must think twice before killing other players because it would have consequences.

edit: Kills in private events on OLA and Fort grab would not count as a crime.

Last edited:
consequences of killing people in PVP areas ?? let me guess someone killed you? sorry about that ...but you should know you were entering a PVP area :tongue2: what's the reason to change how it is.. if its PVP its pvp right

No. I was not killed.
Just an idea.

But let me guess, you are a wanabe pirate and are afraid of concequences?

errrm :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

yes this seems totally reasonable ... if you lived in the dark ages and the game was run by preists trying to excorsist those demons to keep you from masturbating

But .. But ...
I thought that pirates likes PvP so much that they should think it's a great idea.

Real pirates like risk. No? :confused:

Exactly what we need to level the "fun" playing field of the pirate sim. We should have virtual lockups and hangings too, with bounties, and all the good toys traditionally deployed against pirates.

A loot tax skimmed off the top, chanelled into a "reward pool", with mission brokers that hand out the top 20 PvP looters as "kill missions", or "capture missions", with craftable grappling hooks, and grapeshot for squadrons, and...

Sorry... caught myself dreaming the dream again. :yay:

No. I was not killed.
Just an idea.

But let me guess, you are a wanabe pirate and are afraid of concequences?

i only hunt creatures these days ..lol, but im sure some other pirates would be pissed :)

But .. But ...
I thought that pirates likes PvP so much that they should think it's a great idea.

Real pirates like risk. No? :confused:

Im game, always have been vocal about finding ways of punishing people like my char for our dasterdly deeds in a way that makes it rather unpleasant. So long as there is a way to evade it through "skill" (ie evading capture and so forth ;)

But you are right, most ORDINARY less hardcore pirates wont like any form of punishment.

Why the eff should anybody be punished for being victorious in consensual PVP? Should it be legal to beat up poker players after winning a round? Should it be legal to kick soccer players after winning a match? What a nonsense!

how would this in anyway benefit pvp lovers as you claim? it would totaly unbalance pvp

do i wish to have a constant flow of pvp gear cuz i shot some1? do i wish to kill players constantly?

err no i love pvp but i don't want it forced on me

MA has allready ruined pvp again and again but this would destroy it completly

besides not many pirates are pvp lovers they are people who flies around swinging dicks to see which one is the biggest but when they get their heads out of the clouds they realise they can't dodge aim or heal themselves to victory because down here it's not the biggest dick or the first one to ram their ship up the others ass it's who ever makes the right decisions in the heat of the battle and sends his bullets flying at his enemy in a glorious blaze of chaos and mayhem

but this is just some collective punishment BS for anyone you don't simply want to have their aim in your general direction

how would this in anyway benefit pvp lovers as you claim? it would totaly unbalance pvp

do i wish to have a constant flow of pvp gear cuz i shot some1? do i wish to kill players constantly?

It would be a more accurate simulation of what it means to kill another person for gain. I guess only the purists would get that.

It would be a more accurate simulation of what it means to kill another person for gain. I guess only the purists would get that.

well I asumed we were making suggestions for improvement to the gameplay and not to enhance to view of realism when such actions would add downsides to only one faction whilst leaving everyone else untouched by this huge change

every action must have a reaction simply destroying one thing for the sake of realism would not work when you do not wish to enforce the same rules for every aspect

THB i saw this as a simple taunt to pvpers from some1 who grew tired that their view wasn't shared

"Real Pirates would love this why wouldn't you? are you not a pirate?"

no i'm not a pirate but this would simply F everyone, even those few newbs in twins who come to play with their marbers not just the "pirates"

even banning pvpers would cost me less then this idea

Why the eff should anybody be punished for being victorious in consensual PVP? Should it be legal to beat up poker players after winning a round? Should it be legal to kick soccer players after winning a match? What a nonsense!

Leave me alone with your poker or whatever analogy. We are in Entropia.

Same thing for a large part of entropians that would like to travel in peace between planets I guess.
And it would not force you at all. No one force you to kill other player(s). And even if you do it, you can stay in town until your flag is gone.
Yeah, I know it's not nice to be told: "But no one force you to do this or to go there." but the PKers ALWAYS​ say that to those who dont like PvP so I cant resist to send back the words.

THB i saw this as a simple taunt to pvpers from some1 who grew tired that their view wasn't shared

uh? I cant remember if I talked about PvP on forums or anywhere else before tbh. Probably never happened before.

C'mon !!!

Flagged for only 24 hours per kill.
It's not like 20 years in jail. lol

C'mon !!!

Flagged for only 24 hours per kill.
It's not like 20 years in jail. lol

lol it's easy to have 20-50 kills a day might aswell be 20 years in a month

sure but only if I can shoot back :yup:

Leave me alone with your poker or whatever analogy. We are in Entropia.

Okay, why should anybody be punished for winning in consensual PVP? As long as the winner remains in the pvp area he/she can already be killed by other people partaking in consensual PVP. Why drag the issue to other areas of the game? Why disturb the perfect symmetry of people engaging in consensual PVP? Why force people to have PVP if they don't want to anymore and left the pvp area? To satisfy you lust for revenge over an even fight that you agreed to and lost in?

lol it's easy to have 20-50 kills a day might aswell be 20 years in a month

Kills in private events on OLA and Fort grab would not count as a crime.
If you kill 50 players in a day I think you deserve some concequences. :rolleyes:

Nothing personal btw.
Anyway, I stay as far as possible from PvP and I only go in space without stackable.
So if PKers want to waste ammo on me they are very welcome to do it but they will see this msg in their chat.log:

Bernz didn't carry any loot.

Okay, why should anybody be punished for winning in consensual PVP? As long as the winner remains in the pvp area he/she can already be killed by other people partaking in consensual PVP. Why drag the issue to other areas of the game? Why disturb the perfect symmetry of people engaging in consensual PVP? Why force people to have PVP if they don't want to anymore and left the pvp area? To satisfy you lust for revenge over an even fight that you agreed to and lost in?

If it's the only problem, a simple solution would be to add a little pop-up saying something like:
"If you kill another player, you agree that there will be concequences bla-bla-bla."

Easy as that. Everything would be so fun and legal.

Kills in private events on OLA and Fort grab would not count as a crime.
If you kill 50 players in a day I think you deserve some concequences. :rolleyes:

Nothing personal btw.
Anyway, I stay as far as possible from PvP and I only go in space without stackable.
So if PKers want to waste ammo on me they are very welcome to do it but they will see this msg in their chat.log:

Bernz didn't carry any loot.

if i got to kill players everywhere because i killed some1 in pvp then 50 kills a day here i come!

since i have to be able to defend myself right? and preeptive strike is the best defence

Not a pker, and I support pkers, it's part of the game don't enter any pvp area if your hurt emotionally by a digital killing.

Maybe just come see me in RL and we can go kill some real animals for sport :)

if i got to kill players everywhere because i killed some1 in pvp then 50 kills a day here i come!

since i have to be able to defend myself right? and preeptive strike is the best defence

Well, I know my idea is far from perfect.

Maybe it could be that if it's to defend yourself after being flagged, the kills do not count if you did not shoot first.

Anyway, this idea will most probably never be installed.
But I think something like that should have been done at the same time MA created the space to avoid the pirates and thugs to go away without concequences.

Not a pker, and I support pkers, it's part of the game don't enter any pvp area if your hurt emotionally by a digital killing.

Maybe just come see me in RL and we can go kill some real animals for sport :)

You are maybe not a PKer in Entropia but maybe a little bit IRL if you kill helpless animals. And you call it sport? :confused: Do you kill them with your fists? :laugh:
Remind me of pirates who slaughter unarmed VTOLs between SS and planets.

You better not invite me to IRL hunting trip. I'd shoot next to the animal so that he ran away before you shoot him.

But isn't there rep in space? Isn't that basically what you're suggesting, with the exception that you suggest PK'rs be fair game in non-PVP areas as well as PVP areas, as punishment for taking part in PVP?
:scratch2:

Still no, by the way lol ;)

But isn't there rep in space? Isn't that basically what you're suggesting, with the exception that you suggest PK'rs be fair game in non-PVP areas as well as PVP areas, as punishment for taking part in PVP?
:scratch2:

Still no, by the way lol ;)

Sorry, I dont understand the question. My fault. But yes, some kind of harsh punishment for killers I want.

There should be some kind of reward or perk beyond the uncertain loot for coming out victorious from a fight both parties agreed upon. Maybe for every time you win in pvp you receive a token and they could have NPC handing out items for certain amounts of tokens. Of course it must be genuine fights or else people would just ask their buddies for being targets and share the items. There could also be special titles for people who excel in pvp combat or NPCs start saluting you after you won a certain number of fights. As it is there is too little motivation for most players to engage in consensual pvp. MA should change this.

There should be some kind of reward or perk beyond the uncertain loot for coming out victorious from a fight both parties agreed upon. Maybe for every time you win in pvp you receive a token and they could have NPC handing out items for certain amounts of tokens. Of course it must be genuine fights or else people would just ask their buddies for being targets and share the items. There could also be special titles for people who excel in pvp combat or NPCs start saluting you after you won a certain number of fights. As it is there is too little motivation for most players to engage in consensual pvp. MA should change this.

Good idea indead but it's again one-way and everyting for PKers.
PKers chase and loot non-PKers.
Non PKers can only stay home if they dont like it.

Not nice to hijack my wish thread with your opposite idea even if it's a good one.
Ofc, slaughtering and looting helpless travelers will never be enough for pirates.

Last edited:
Good idea indead but it's again one-way and everyting for PKers.

PVPers would be a better term than PKers, IMHO. After all, combat is perfectly symmetrical in a pvp area. People who don't want to engage in pvp would not be affected by it.

PKers chase and loot non-PKers.
Non PKers can only stay home if they dont like it.

Yes, they could not enter a pvp area! Exactly! Why would people who don't want to engage in pvp enter pvp areas? I get that sometimes you want to change planet but there are many safe ways to do it.

Not nice to put your opposite idea in my wish tread even if it's a good one.:(

I agree, it was not nice. Sorry! I felt it was necessary, tho. ;)

Edit: Seriously, I am sorry. There are very few things that get my blood boiling hotter on this forum than anti-pvper threads. I should just keep my mouth shut and shoot you in silence. Then again I don't even do pvp. :D

Last edited:
Well, I know my idea is far from perfect.

Maybe it could be that if it's to defend yourself after being flagged, the kills do not count if you did not shoot first.

Anyway, this idea will most probably never be installed.
But I think something like that should have been done at the same time MA created the space to avoid the pirates and thugs to go away without concequences.

Pirates is the only thing that alow hangar owners to fell they havn't been 100% F'ed over.. All though they still kinda have

If it wasn't lootable privateers and MS would lose almost all income.... Fun for someone who invested a 100K back then to have absolutely no business at all, MA made privateers too weak as it is to be fair against hangar owners

Back