New Restoration chips

dude... i love this idea by MA, markup gets destroyed by the few who has alot of peds hording items to sell at astronomical prices. If this move by MA can remove the so called monopol on items im all for it. MA is not destroying this game those ppl with alot of ped trying to earn alot is destroying the game and the gaming for many ppl sense most ppl cant afford a moth sellary weapons.

Bring more of these items in game, you should be able to by any items from MA and you can then gather matrial for a "new" proffesion like crafting to make your MU.

So i belive there will come a new proffession in the near future, we can already see something comming with the new harvesting tools, this is just the beginning of a new era.

Yolo!

There is no 'monopol on items' as you say...
There is (or used to be) limited number of top gear. Because of their low availability and high demand, they cost(ed) a lot of money.
By no mean you were ever forced to purchase this expensive items to enjoy the game.

I bet you do not have any top gear.

It's obvious that those who did not invested a lot to get expensive items will be happy with such missions at first glance.
Those who have spend loads money on expensive gear will feel bad about it.

However until we know final price (so far we know that stage VI cost is for those items and how they work, anything is premature.

That said, I think this new model of business is disturbing peace in universe.
Seems like MA is progressing from micro-transaction model toward macro-transactions, where big amounts of PED are consumed to buy inside game rather than on webshop...

There is no 'monopol on items' as you say...
There is (or used to be) limited number of top gear. Because of their low availability and high demand, they cost(ed) a lot of money.
By no mean you were ever forced to purchase this expensive items to enjoy the game.

I bet you do not have any top gear.

It's obvious that those who did not invested a lot to get expensive items will be happy with such missions at first glance.
Those who have spend loads money on expensive gear will feel bad about it.

However until we know final price (so far we know that stage VI cost is for those items and how they work, anything is premature.

That said, I think this new model of business is disturbing peace in universe.
Seems like MA is progressing from micro-transaction model toward macro-transactions, where big amounts of PED are consumed to buy inside game rather than on webshop...

i do have my share of items with so called MU :p as we can see with the new items, they dont come for free, far from it. So instead of a 500k fap to 180k fap todays worth are 50k as standard from "MA sold items". MA now sets a clear stamp of the pricing of items wich is good so no fools can come out and loot a yber item and then sell if for 500k sence the go and get it costed 50k and evryone knows it. You can now buy this chip and do this quest and make a smaller profit but not at 500k profit.

You must also se the problem. IF some rich dude says fekk it, ill buy any items for whatever sum it will set a standard to that item and almost none can follow the steps and are FORCED to use shitty Limited gears with crazy MU.
Instead now MA sets a standard price for items instead of ppl so more and more ppl can use good gear with a solid invesment and feel the game however they want it to be without paying high MU for "endgame" Limited gears.

There is also a feeling of "owning" items in this game as limited gears feels like borrowed items. If you have a full setup with UL gear your set, you can depo and have fun for those peds instead of always buying new gears with a losing trend.

i do have my share of items with so called MU :p as we can see with the new items, they dont come for free, far from it. So instead of a 500k fap to 180k fap todays worth are 50k as standard from "MA sold items". MA now sets a clear stamp of the pricing of items wich is good so no fools can come out and loot a yber item and then sell if for 500k sence the go and get it costed 50k and evryone knows it. You can now buy this chip and do this quest and make a smaller profit but not at 500k profit.

You must also se the problem. IF some rich dude says fekk it, ill buy any items for whatever sum it will set a standard to that item and almost none can follow the steps and are FORCED to use shitty Limited gears with crazy MU.
Instead now MA sets a standard price for items instead of ppl so more and more ppl can use good gear with a solid invesment and feel the game however they want it to be without paying high MU for "endgame" Limited gears.

There is also a feeling of "owning" items in this game as limited gears feels like borrowed items. If you have a full setup with UL gear your set, you can depo and have fun for those peds instead of always buying new gears with a losing trend.

Some day you will also understand my little friend.

Some day you will also understand my little friend.

Probably not, newer players now have no idea that you used to be able to profit from this game.

Probably not, newer players now have no idea that you used to be able to profit from this game.

Loot is dynamic :laugh: MEANING your old ways are gone and new ways of profiting is in place but who can teach an old dog to sit?

Yeah, but is it just me or isn't this pretty obvious what MA is trying to do? I mean they remove possible markup loot from players (from ALL players) and pocket this themselves by selling low TT items for a high TT (decreasing the possible amount of peds to withdraw from game)? This is bad for everyone and those that don't realize it go think about it some more please. This isn't about making the game cheaper or anything this is pure and simple about money and another cheap trick like introducing sh(c)rapnell.

Please leave aside the fact that everyone don't have modfaps, imk2s and what not and think about the basics here. Entropia 101 is that it is impossible to beat the system without markup. Your loot is fixed below 100% in mining, crafting and hunting and the only way to profit or make your money last longer is to use markup. Lately MA introduced shrapnell to our loot and added a fixed amount of 60-80% of our loot as TT food. This makes it even harder to profit as you had to improve average markup on a smaller possible markup loot amount. Now they are starting to sell items with low TT for a high price instead of putting them in loot just to make sure the chance are even lower to profit. If this is the new trend and they do it with all items we will drain our ped cards even faster and how long will the average player withstand that?

I could go on with entropia 101 but honestly I won't bother cause if you don't get it by now there's no point for me to continue anyways.

You talk about several issues here, I'll limit myself to model of business.

This is a Real Cash Economy game.
Think again about it for a moment before writing another response.

As of it is (or was till recently), there was desireable items, that could be purchased at price agreed between buyer and seller. Not everyone wanted (or could) buy such gear, and this ensured diversity.
You can play small and slow or you can go all-in if you want.
Wanna do events? You can go for top gear and have massive chance to be on top of board.
Wanna casually kill troxes on Sunday afternoon? You will find gear for you as well.
You got bored and wanna sell that gear? You sell it to somebody else.

This new model that MA is introducing, is changing everything (I assume that this will be followed by further missions if enough people will take part in this experiment).
Soon everybody will run with Mod chips? No, it will still be those who can afford it (wasn't that one of your main arguments?). But lets assume that reward is so nice that many people will buy those chips.
Now, what happens if you decide to sell it (assuming that they will be treadeable)? You will not sell it because everybody else will already have one. Or you will sell it to somebody who could not/didn't wanted to afford it and you sell it for 10% of what it costed you to get one.

If you will think a moment about it, MA not only drains PEDs from game (before MU for items was going to another player) and decreasing MU on old gear (thus draining even more PED). They also drastically decrease chance that you will sell those chips at decent MU (apart of few first ones sold to inpatient people).
From business point of view that is very smart move indeed.
From RCE and playerbase perspective this is a disaster.

Loot is dynamic :laugh: MEANING your old ways are gone and new ways of profiting is in place but who can teach an old dog to sit?

You seem to not understand basic of how this game works.
Yo are able to profit only if others will lose.
If everyone will run with same super eco gear from missions like that, everyone will profit the same....

Yeah, but is it just me or isn't this pretty obvious what MA is trying to do? I mean they remove possible markup loot from players (from ALL players) and pocket this themselves by selling low TT items for a high TT (decreasing the possible amount of peds to withdraw from game)? This is bad for everyone and those that don't realize it go think about it some more please. This isn't about making the game cheaper or anything this is pure and simple about money and another cheap trick like introducing sh(c)rapnell.

Please leave aside the fact that everyone don't have modfaps, imk2s and what not and think about the basics here. Entropia 101 is that it is impossible to beat the system without markup. Your loot is fixed below 100% in mining, crafting and hunting and the only way to profit or make your money last longer is to use markup. Lately MA introduced shrapnell to our loot and added a fixed amount of 60-80% of our loot as TT food. This makes it even harder to profit as you had to improve average markup on a smaller possible markup loot amount. Now they are starting to sell items with low TT for a high price instead of putting them in loot just to make sure the chance are even lower to profit. If this is the new trend and they do it with all items we will drain our ped cards even faster and how long will the average player withstand that?

I could go on with entropia 101 but honestly I won't bother cause if you don't get it by now there's no point for me to continue anyways.

101 is now 112 but i do see your point, but if you dont know if they set loot at 90% or 100% in the long run you cant come here and say this and this. Sure your runs seems to be around 90% but then there is a chance for a big hit or a rare item you can sell for some peds. These items MA sells is just a drop in the ocean of what items YOU as a player can loot and sell for a profit. MA is selling a few items and suddenly the sky is falling?!??¿¿¿

:))

So MA trying to create some markup for common resources, that's nice.

These will not be very usable though. It's emergency healing only it seems. With some evade skills most of the heals would be wasted until tanking like crazy.

:laugh: MA nead money :eyecrazy:

You talk about several issues here, I'll limit myself to model of business.

This is a Real Cash Economy game.
Think again about it for a moment before writing another response.

As of it is (or was till recently), there was desireable items, that could be purchased at price agreed between buyer and seller. Not everyone wanted (or could) buy such gear, and this ensured diversity.
You can play small and slow or you can go all-in if you want.
Wanna do events? You can go for top gear and have massive chance to be on top of board.
Wanna casually kill troxes on Sunday afternoon? You will find gear for you as well.
You got bored and wanna sell that gear? You sell it to somebody else.

This new model that MA is introducing, is changing everything (I assume that this will be followed by further missions if enough people will take part in this experiment).
Soon everybody will run with Mod chips? No, it will still be those who can afford it (wasn't that one of your main arguments?). But lets assume that reward is so nice that many people will buy those chips.
Now, what happens if you decide to sell it (assuming that they will be treadeable)? You will not sell it because everybody else will already have one. Or you will sell it to somebody who could not/didn't wanted to afford it and you sell it for 10% of what it costed you to get one.

If you will think a moment about it, MA not only drains PEDs from game (before MU for items was going to another player) and decreasing MU on old gear (thus draining even more PED). They also drastically decrease chance that you will sell those chips at decent MU (apart of few first ones sold to inpatient people).
From business point of view that is very smart move indeed.
From RCE and playerbase perspective this is a disaster.

MA needs to change the game, game cant be as it where in 2003, old items are old items and might change as MA clearly has stated.
MA need to evolve the game or ppl will get bored and sell out.
MA need to make money so they can pay there workers.
MA need dynamics.

This is just the beginning of a "new" game and if ppl who payed alot for a item in a game cant expect the item to keep value forever.
MA did not set the prices before players did. if you invest you might win or lose. (dynamics)

Majna Crew.

101 is now 112 but i do see your point, but if you dont know if they set loot at 90% or 100% in the long run you cant come here and say this and this. Sure your runs seems to be around 90% but then there is a chance for a big hit or a rare item you can sell for some peds. These items MA sells is just a drop in the ocean of what items YOU as a player can loot and sell for a profit. MA is selling a few items and suddenly the sky is falling?!??¿¿¿

I hope MA are attracting more players like you :D That's what they need ;) Ignorance is bliss u know.

If they work like arso... the mod one have 22 hps n modfap beater eco, i would use it all time when im hit
Costs like 3 pecs top per min, less than 2 peds per hour

dont u forget chip and implant decay in your calculation ?

Any idea about the prices in current market, based on the avaiable stats ?

I don't have a clue, these are the first items of this kind.

But the mod chip gives you the most eco heals there are and also life steal. The cloak with life steal alone was going for 70k ped last time I saw one for sale, so I imagine the mod chip must be quite a pricey toy.

No clue really, but with that eco they wont be cheap I supose.

Any idea about the prices in current market, based on the avaiable stats ?

The price will primarily be dictated by the cost and difficulty of completing the missions.

I don't have a clue, these are the first items of this kind.

But the mod chip gives you the most eco heals there are and also life steal. The cloak with life steal alone was going for 70k ped last time I saw one for sale, so I imagine the mod chip must be quite a pricey toy.

No clue really, but with that eco they wont be cheap I supose.

Its not the functionality of lifesteal per se that is worth alot on the cloak, not even the supercool fact that its the ONLY item ingame that gives heal or damage completely free^^

This chip has to be thrown (activated) every thirty seconds as it seems and no matter how cool it looks that is not 1/10 of the power of the cloak. With this chip youd have to use it potentially 4800 times in mayhem 40 hours but with cloak I didnt have to heal a single time inside mayhem instance.

So they still are uncomparable and this chip looks like amazing but nothing unique and nothing close to the cloak.

//Linz

Its not the functionality of lifesteal per se that is worth alot on the cloak, not even the supercool fact that its the ONLY item ingame that gives heal or damage completely free^^

This chip has to be thrown (activated) every thirty seconds as it seems and no matter how cool it looks that is not 1/10 of the power of the cloak. With this chip youd have to use it potentially 4800 times in mayhem 40 hours but with cloak I didnt have to heal a single time inside mayhem instance.

So they still are uncomparable and this chip looks like amazing but nothing unique and nothing close to the cloak.

//Linz

I understand all that, and I said twice that I had no clue about price as I think nobody does.

But it gives life steal, like the cloak, so it makes sense to compare them both. And I also didn't say they were the same, I was just comparing two items with life steal.

Relevant:

I created the entropedia pages with the highest possible decay (the max decay for the durability interval), here are the links and numbers:

Adjusted Restoration Chip: 140.51 heal/pec

Improved Restoration Chip: 107.61 heal/pec

Modified Restoration Chip: 190.11 heal/pec + 1% life steal

This is the worst eco they can have, not bad.

Not bad.

Yeah they pulled out all the stops when designing their new PED sinks. Very shiny.

IIRC implant decay works these days by just absorbing some percentage of chip decay. Is that correct or do you need to account for it here?

Hopefully when someone finally buys one they can do math properly. I had to fix the Arson TEN III chip decay on entropedia months after it had supposedly been determined, and the history showed it had already been altered a couple times before.

IIRC implant decay works these days by just absorbing some percentage of chip decay. Is that correct or do you need to account for it here?

Implants absorb 2% of the decay on the chip. Is it part of the total decay or is it 2% extra? I dont know I'm not a heavy Mindforcer, but 2% wont change the eco much.

is this calculated using the markup for the mindessence as well ?

I don't know, I guess not. But the ME consumption of these chips is almost null, MU on it is irrelevant.

Also, remember that this is the WORST POSSIBLE ECO they can have. When someone gets his hands on one and does a proper decay test the eco will be even higher, very probably.

At the moment, I'm struggling to see their purpose.

According to the item info currently, they don't appear to be area heal, yet they heal for well in excess of even the most HP an uber can have currently. Then there is the reload... :scratch2:

EDIT: Well, ok, so 80% of the heal is dished out over time, however the reload time is kinda crippling for repeated use. I guess when I manage to get one, I'll see how it works out.

Back