New to game any advice is great!

SimbaJack

Hatchling
Simba Pridelandz Jack
Hello I am new to the game, have not made any deposits yet, though I'm thinking about buying this starter pack people keep telling me about (if i can find it)

So far I have done Many starter quest, have leaned a little about mining, Permanently destroyed my free car, Traveled to Rocktopia to do Hunt The Thing, so I could get a new car and helicopter, Got the hoverboard while I was there, and A LOT of sweating in Boreas Outpost.

Starter pack advice:

Unofficial Guide (player created - may be somewhat outdated)

Official Guide Information (Mindark)

That should get you started! ;)

I will recommend you to find a good mentor.

You can try and look me up :)

Mentor register can be found ingame in your action library :)

I would skip starter pack. It's only good for amp if you want to hunt really really low like punies. In that case tt pistol + sinkadus is nice combo. Other than that there is nothing good in that pack - healing tool sucks comparing to even s10, armor is very weak and speed buff not so useful anyway.

Also it will be more fun for you to treat this game as subscription based rather than a way to 'earn' money - but still try to be eco to make your deposits last. And I would also avoid investing a lot at the beginning - it's very complex game and will take long time to learn. You will make a lot of sub-optimal choices along the way and it's way better to make that mistakes on $10/month budget than $1000/month. I have seen players starting with few thousands initial deposit only to lose it all due to lack of knowledge and then rage quitting the game. I would start with $10/month and grinding punies like caraboks for the first year - don't tt your loot and try to catch MU from it, lean how AH works. Track your expenses and returns to get a feel how it works. Read a lot about MU and loot composition and how it affects your profitability. Basic stuff really. And then move to higher HP mobs SLOWLY.

This game is nice if you don't rush into high HP mobs. All assuming you want to hunt.

Take it slow, there is no race to an end game here. Enjoy it .
Try to avoid armour until it becomes essential for larger prey, as you will skill evade and dodge quicker without it.
Try to stay eco
Getting teleporter locations is a great way to explore and means you are not keeping team or friends waiting in the future.
Learn your way around entropiawiki, it isn't perfect, it isn't always bang up to date, but it is a huge knowledge source.
I wanting to mine also check out http://www.mininglog.com/maps.php

and yes as advised above seek out a good mentor, and ideally also a good society, ask around for recommends

LOL you already do so many things.
Welcome to PCF !

Welcome and Good Luck!

If you have questions or help I am on during USA evening times.

My advice is to choose a laser or BLP weapon and stick with it.

Last edited:
First get a mentor so that all activity you do will counts to your graduation. At the end of your graduation you will get a set of armour that is very usefull and also free.

As you noticed on Rocktropia all planets have starter missions and freebies for new players. They give away some stuff. You usually get to hunt/craft/mine a bit for free and you get an introduction to the planet. Not only do you learn about the game but I think its very fun also :) You get to see the whole Universe and how diverse it is. I met a loot of cool people this way.

The key, in my opinion, for a new player is to take advatage of BIG Industries FREE WARP every Sunday. To get a free warp means that you will get a free ride to a planet, using (the organization) BIG Industries spaceship. They will always make an announcement in the planet chat 1 hour before departure. So you just message that person (that sends the msg in planet chat) that you want a ride and you will get added to team. That person will also help to answer any question you have. The planets you can travel to for free are: Next Island, Arkadia, Cyrene and Calypso. The reason for this is that they host events on these planets.

So when you are exploring the different planets and doing the starter missions I would also recommend joining the daily SSI event hosted by BIG Indusries. This is an event for new players, even if many older players join in on the fun also :), to be able to sweat for 1 hour with heal support and a kill team to kill "dry" mobs. At the end of the hour you can sell sweat for the price of 2.5 ped / 1k if you have 40 or below AGI. The limit is 1k per player per day. This event is also a good way to learn more about the game by either listening in to the chat or, if you feel like it, asking the host or other ppl questions you have about the game. Its usually a friendly bunch. I am bias so im gonna say Next Island has the best crowd xD

I would take your time on every planet and enjoy it. There is no rush in EU.

When you find a planet that suits you I would start to figute out what I want to focus on. Hunting or mining. Then look for daily missions on the planet that suits you. Daily missions are a good way to get some extra skill bonuses for activity you would likely do anyway.

For me EU is really about the players in the universe. Most good people, some "%#¤"¤ and all CRAZY xD (in a good way). It takes a lot of patience to be a part of EU but if you have it, a new universe will open up for you. Best of luck and may Lootius shine his Golden shower....erm....smile...on you.

HAHAHAHAHA I was blindly anwsering since I saw the post in whats new xD

This guy shot his last Kerbie on Oct 31 2020.

I did not expect anything less.Coming to this game with no expectation or inspiration won't get you far.

Back