FYI: New Tracked Mission Looks HORRIBLE

Agreed the new quest display is visually bad. Some good functions in there, but visually it is horrible and incorporates no modern conveniences.

1) It should be dockable.

2) It should be transparent.

3) It should be resizeable.

4) It should MATCH THE REST OF THE UI.

Now, since the rest of the UI is mismatched as well, I can see the confusion here. Nobody knows where to go.

The solution is to sit down and redesign the ENTIRE UI in one sitting. Incorporate the 4 items into each design element. Make sure they are separate, so folks can relocate elements where they want, size them however they want independently, and then make some transparent while others solid.

Petition: Restore "Mission tracked" HUD to the previous design.

the new "mission tracked" design is awful. it's clunky, too big (hides a bigger part of the screen than before), not transparent enough and sports an ugly colour scheme.

this is the perfect example of a change NOBODY wanted, no one likes, and that was completely unnecessary. revert it to the old way or preferably make it toggle-able in the menu!!!

I've literally left other games (e.g. League of Legends) for asinine HUD changes! this is a step in the completely wrong direction!

Second that !

count me in on this opinion

Yup. First time in months that I closed the mission tracker.

Please revert to before state or at the very least cut the size of it to what it was before.

Cheers!

They should give people options.....more and more options. Be able to change its skin, change its size, transparency.....etc etc etc

Rgds

Ace

I dont understand why the change...
If they wanna change look at least make it sizable to the player's taste
IF they dont bring a full screen windowed mode i dont really play full screen...
I like to browse and check PCF and such while ingame but alt tabing minizes EU straight away if on full screen...
(WOULD BE ABOUT TIME TO BRING THAT TO THE GAME)

I would like to see old one too!

I like it better now

yeaa i agree this new looks like shit .

I'd rather they spend their time on more pressing matters than something that given a couple of months time people will be content with.

Mine is only 15,4 and is ok ... you can manage ;)

Yes I can manage. I can choose not to track missions.
But as it stands, the mission tracker takes up too much fucking space on my screen and that's not a good use of screen real estate.

But I'm glad it's fine for you. Enjoy.

I was also surprised by this change, and didn't like it (at first). I found out that you can still 'minimize' all of the missions that you have under ongoing tracking (by clicking on the name of the mission), so although it doesn't solve it, at least it doesn't occupy so much screen.

Yes I can manage. I can choose not to track missions.
But as it stands, the mission tracker takes up too much fucking space on my screen and that's not a good use of screen real estate.

But I'm glad it's fine for you. Enjoy.

Read here what Lorfat said. is not the best, but is a way to minimize the occupied area... while waiting for a fix :)

I was also surprised by this change, and didn't like it (at first). I found out that you can still 'minimize' all of the missions that you have under ongoing tracking (by clicking on the name of the mission), so although it doesn't solve it, at least it doesn't occupy so much screen.

I'd rather they spend their time on more pressing matters than something that given a couple of months time people will be content with.

you are not helpful whatsoever. go open threads on those "more pressing" matters instead of not contributing here!

you are not helpful whatsoever. go open threads on those "more pressing" matters instead of not contributing here!

uh, people can say what they want. people WILL be content with it in a few months. I agree.

New interface is really horrible. No one asked for this, lets implement it :)

Reactions: Mac
why did you move this to an inappropriate forum?! this is not a wish, this is a DEMAND that needs to be communicated to the developers!!! something that was perfectly fine has been made broken by the latest patch. it's not a suggestion or wish list thing period

plus, they won't ever look at it in suggestions ffs! in the other forum, it at least had a chance!

i generally dont mind it, yeah its too big and needs to be resizable, it needs to be able to select a mission to add WPs to radar like the last one and would be good if it could be recoloured like the notepads, but otherwise the flat simple design is better and the other parts of the UI should be designed to be like this.

also it would be nice if it had a % progress bar, ie if your were 2542/5000 it would have a coloured bar behind about 50% across

Agreed the new quest display is visually bad. Some good functions in there, but visually it is horrible and incorporates no modern conveniences.

1) It should be dockable.

2) It should be transparent.

3) It should be resizeable.

4) It should MATCH THE REST OF THE UI.

Now, since the rest of the UI is mismatched as well, I can see the confusion here. Nobody knows where to go.

The solution is to sit down and redesign the ENTIRE UI in one sitting. Incorporate the 4 items into each design element. Make sure they are separate, so folks can relocate elements where they want, size them however they want independently, and then make some transparent while others solid.

:wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise:
I want this, and a little bit more and then some

I agree it takes up too much screen space. It doesn't bother me as much as others, but that's probably because of people using lower-res monitors, where the problem is worsened. It would be a nice feature--for ALL text-box-style screen elements--to be user-configurable with regards to font size and box size. It would be great if you could just right-click inside a text box > Font Size > Large/Medium/Small, and then click a box corner to select your own desired size. This would be the case for the Mission Tracker, globals window and chat windows.

I was SO hoping this bug-fix VU they would re-instate the old design, but nooooo. :(

Completely agree.

The worst part for me is when I stop to think how this change actually happened.

Either Some guy at the office just decides to change the look for no reason at all. Never mind it does not jive with the existing theme.

Or, A group of people got together and actually agreed this was needed, as a group, and walked away with this being accepted as a good expenditure of resources.

In both situations the management has some major problems at hand, and it just goes to show a continued major disconnect between the developers and actual game play.

4) They had a really bored intern.

why did you move this to an inappropriate forum?! this is not a wish, this is a DEMAND that needs to be communicated to the developers!!! something that was perfectly fine has been made broken by the latest patch. it's not a suggestion or wish list thing period

plus, they won't ever look at it in suggestions ffs! in the other forum, it at least had a chance!

Unfortunately, it IS a request/wish. It's not a bug and it's not broken. It is difficult to use but that is subjective. As much as I hate the new UI, you have to realize this is a suggestion/request and that's really all it will ever be. Yes, your voice will likely be lost in the pit of the suggestion forums. I'm sorry, get used to it. Putting it in a "higher profile" thread to get more attention won't fly.

I was SO hoping this bug-fix VU they would re-instate the old design, but nooooo. :(

You and me both.

SIDE NOTE: I am primarily a business logic programmer, not a UI programmer, but when I have to make ad-hoc web apps, I create UIs. If this was my work, I'd be laughed at for weeks.

You and me both.

SIDE NOTE: I am primarily a business logic programmer, not a UI programmer, but when I have to make ad-hoc web apps, I create UIs. If this was my work, I'd be laughed at for weeks.

It would look prettier if I just kept a white erase board and used markers to notch the kills.

Just bad, bad bad.

:wise:

Back