New tracker available ...

Weird discussion... competition is always healthy. Monopoly isn't.
Not running either tracker - might give this a try though. Thanks for the info!

Yo nice ... pretty useless for me. What is it good for?

Sometimes used by people so that they can decide exactly how good a player you are. They like to use it as evidence that your comments are irrelevant.

I am sure that there are interesting and useful purposes, too. But this one is the most abused and annoying purpose.

Sometimes used by people so that they can decide exactly how good a player you are. They like to use it as evidence that your comments are irrelevant.

I am sure that there are interesting and useful purposes, too. But this one is the most abused and annoying purpose.

They can't use it 'against you' (if that's what you imply) if you use the annonymous function!

They can't use it 'against you' (if that's what you imply) if you use the annonymous function!

So basically, you are public until you use the annonyous function. In other words, everyone who wants to be annonymous has to get this tool and set themselves annonymous?

That kind of sucks, doesn't it? In order to not be a part of your product, we have to get it?

No. You will have to sign up on our forum and fill in your AvatarName in your profile for the anonymous function to work, though, but there is no need to actually use the tracker client to do so.

Whatever. It's still the same thing. In order for others to not use your information as some insane argument against you, you have to first have knowledge of who all out there is collecting your information and subscribe to some means to get yourself off of it.

This is sort of like when you get yet another piece of junk mail. You have to go find their website and figure out how to get off their mailing list. Because it is always assumed that you would want their junk until you tell them you don't.

Listen, I didn't come here to knock your product. I don't like people who missuse the information, but that issue is with those morons.

I just had to respond to the whole "having to sign up to become annonymous" thing.

competition is always good for customers.

To clarify:
  • When any player globas or HoFs, EU sends the info to everyone's chat.
  • if anyone has chat logging enabled, it gets saved globally on their computer
  • any programs that read the chat log can use this info
So I agree to the above, that the source is the game itself/MA. To gain full anonymity, this has to change. Only MA can change it.

Cheers for the anonymity option though, on this tracker.

competition is always good for customers.

Not always. It is easy to say "competiton is always good", thats not always the case. First of all, we don't pay for the forum so we are not "customers", we are members and create the conntent of the forum. It's easier to ask one question in one forum with 10 000 members than writting the same question in five forums with 2000 members to reach the same amount of people.

Sorry i got a bit off topic, i am sure it's a nice tool :)

Updating EU CL ... me thinks gonna try the tracker this weekend ;)

So basically, you are public until you use the annonyous function. In other words, everyone who wants to be annonymous has to get this tool and set themselves annonymous?

That kind of sucks, doesn't it? In order to not be a part of your product, we have to get it?

I agree - this totally sucks! Yet another place you are forced to sign up to to avoid data about you accumulated and made publically available and searchable.

Why can't these suckers learn to protect peoples privacy first and foremost by enabling publication of accumulated data only for people who have actively given consent to this?!

I realise that this data is available to other players in their global chat files (if they are online 24/7) and announced in global chat real-time, but accumulating it and publicising it without consent is a totally different matter. Even in Denmark where some of these guys are based have laws against this under certain circumstances.

This is just rediculous.

Not always. It is easy to say "competiton is always good", thats not always the case. First of all, we don't pay for the forum so we are not "customers", we are members and create the conntent of the forum. It's easier to ask one question in one forum with 10 000 members than writting the same question in five forums with 2000 members to reach the same amount of people.

Sorry i got a bit off topic, i am sure it's a nice tool :)

competition is good for sustomers is the usual sentence when similar tools, services, products etcetc happen and you well know this, so don t be mad with me cause i was gentle and nice and still i m.

one forum 10000 users, 5 forums with 2000 users....i don t get the point. But for sure is my fault.

To everyone dissatisfied with the privacy options available for the new EPTracker:

Please quote yourself (or provide a link to one of your posts) where you have directed similar considerations towards Starfinder about the privacy in his tracker in the past. - after all, ET is recording globals for ~2 years already, at the beginning completely w/o "hide my globals" option.

It appears more than an attempt to talk something new down rather than justified criticism if these concerns have never been uttered before.
(And it's of little use to hide global data when you can easily look them up from another tracker)

And on a personal sidenote:
I was one of the persons involved in the discussions that made Starfinder implement the privacy option in the first place, just to show that i am all for protecting peoples privacy - but assuming everyone wants his globals to be hidden is just as plain wrong as assuming nobody wants that, so imo the only real option is to offer a system to "opt out", which both public trackers, EPTracker and ET, are using at the moment.

If you have a better idea than just "assuming everyone want's his globals to be hidden", please post it - i'm all for improving the system.

:)

Please quote yourself (or provide a link to one of your posts) where you have directed similar considerations towards Starfinder about the privacy in his tracker in the past. - after all, ET is recording globals for ~2 years already, at the beginning completely w/o "hide my globals" option.

What? You're kidding, right?
In order to criticize something you must now set precedence by providing proof of your dissatisfaction of similar products first?

Man, the rules in this forum get tougher everyday.

I guess wizzszz is merely pointing out that if you take offence to the EntropiaPlanets tracker republishing the data shouted out to everyone by MindArk, it would help your argument if you made a similar argument against EntropiaTracker.

Otherwise it could possibly be perceived as a case of selective "anger".

Feel free to "auto hide" anyone who is hidden on Entropia Tracker.
We offer several methods of interacting with our system to improve/help any 3rd party developers who also want a tracker site.

http://entropiatracker.com/api/api.asp?mode=hiddenUsers

competition is good for sustomers is the usual sentence when similar tools, services, products etcetc happen and you well know this, so don t be mad with me cause i was gentle and nice and still i m.

one forum 10000 users, 5 forums with 2000 users....i don t get the point. But for sure is my fault.

What i mean is not always only good with competion, in some cases it's better with cooperation.

Let's say we have 10 "experts" in crafting, if they are divided on five forums, two on each, if i ask a crafting queastion in only one of the forums only two of the experts will read the queastion and be able to answer. To have all 10 read it and be able to answer it i must write in all five forums.

Well its a bit of a shame to see the entropia planets (sorry EP will always be Entropia Pioneers to me) guys getting it in the neck for making something themselves and HAVING THE NERVE to integrate it into their own site! ,-)

Personally though I blame MA for cultivating such a suspicious community over the years.... thank heavens for the Skam Chip is all I can say :yay:

Wistrel

I guess wizzszz is merely pointing out that if you take offence to the EntropiaPlanets tracker republishing the data shouted out to everyone by MindArk, it would help your argument if you made a similar argument against EntropiaTracker.

Otherwise it could possibly be perceived as a case of selective "anger".

I know what he's pointing out. I read his post.

And my response is just below it.

Let's start over.

First, I am not against your product. I have stated this before in this very thread. (I am not going to provide a link!)

Second, I think that it is great that you offer an opt out plan. It is definetly better to have that option than none at all. While I may not like the idea that you are taking records of my actions, compiling them, and offering them to others, at least you offer a means to remove my name.

Thirdly, so that no one thinks that I am thinking that this products use of this information is any different than that of the other tracker information, I shall state here, so that no links or quotes are needed, that I think that they both are performing the same with the exception of this one letting you to opt out, albeit with it a precursor of signing up for a product you may not want.

This last part is really what I had a problem with to begin with. So let me summarize. While it is nice that you allow an option to remove your name, it sucks that in order to do it, you have to sign up for the forums.

I certainly hope this clarifies any issues with my comments, or lack of comments, I have, or haven't, made.

To everyone dissatisfied with the privacy options available for the new EPTracker:

It appears more than an attempt to talk something new down rather than justified criticism if these concerns have never been uttered before.
(And it's of little use to hide global data when you can easily look them up from another tracker)

I will just point out that I am in no way trying to talk down a new product - especially not the very welcome effort at providing us with a much needed new forum. Indeed I highly applaude that. :)

I am merely commenting on the implementation of certain privacy policies in one of the apps on that great new site.

I am indeed also hugely critical towards the privacy policy of Starfinders tracking app and together with other EU friends had to involuntarily create an account at his website and give him our email addresses just to protect our privacy. The timing of my critique is not per se related to the launch of this new site/tracker but merely a result of 'enough is enough'. My critique is relevant to all apps with similar privacy policy.

And guys - sorry for calling you 'suckers', there was no need for that. It is a reflection of the emotions that breaches of privacy can create.

Thx guys for all the work you put in.
And to all not knowing EP it is a damm good site :D

What i mean is not always only good with competion, in some cases it's better with cooperation.

Let's say we have 10 "experts" in crafting, if they are divided on five forums, two on each, if i ask a crafting queastion in only one of the forums only two of the experts will read the queastion and be able to answer. To have all 10 read it and be able to answer it i must write in all five forums.

the only correct way would be to have an official forum but MA has not the balls to run it. I don t see any bad to have 2 experts on 5 different forums. Moreover i often take a look to other forums entropia related, many of them in non english languages es entropiafrance, entropiaitalia etcetc, and i can tell you that many time those forum have a complete different attitute compared to EF. It would be for u incredible to trust me, but there are few nice, good, smart, funny people around that just decided to not use EF :eek::eek::eek::eek:

privacy off

i really don t see the point to hide someone name. Pubblic chat is there for this: show that the entropians gain money and that everyone has this possibility. Until i cannot hide my name in the pubblic chat i found funny let do this in the trakers.

Gz on the new tracker..

as for the privacydiscussion, i cant really see how something public can be considered private :confused: As long as MA keeps the info public it is just that public. That EP and ET offers a annonoumues (spelling?) opt is really awsome of them.

And dont get me wrong im all for privacy, even a member of Pirat Partiet (Pirate Party in sweden) becouse of their privacy policys. But public information is public informations as long as MA keeps it this way.

my 2 pecs :cool:

I know what he's pointing out. I read his post.

And my response is just below it.

Let's start over.

First, I am not against your product. I have stated this before in this very thread. (I am not going to provide a link!)

Second, I think that it is great that you offer an opt out plan. It is definetly better to have that option than none at all. While I may not like the idea that you are taking records of my actions, compiling them, and offering them to others, at least you offer a means to remove my name.

Thirdly, so that no one thinks that I am thinking that this products use of this information is any different than that of the other tracker information, I shall state here, so that no links or quotes are needed, that I think that they both are performing the same with the exception of this one letting you to opt out, albeit with it a precursor of signing up for a product you may not want.

This last part is really what I had a problem with to begin with. So let me summarize. While it is nice that you allow an option to remove your name, it sucks that in order to do it, you have to sign up for the forums.

I certainly hope this clarifies any issues with my comments, or lack of comments, I have, or haven't, made.

From what you are saying I guess what you are looking for is a personal tracker. If that is the case you should really try out JIIIS AutoScreen and Personal Tracker. There is no registration, no fees and the application doesn't use internet connection so you can keep all the info for yourself ;)

From what you are saying I guess what you are looking for is a personal tracker. If that is the case you should really try out JIIIS AutoScreen and Personal Tracker. There is no registration, no fees and the application doesn't use internet connection so you can keep all the info for yourself ;)

I'll second that.

Back