New tracker version

I can get the installer to start, but midway it just stops and says to contact the program supplier.

Click more info then choose run anyway.

It says this all over this thread
I know how to "Click more info" to have it run. the client does not have that option currently.

Under setup - and Entropia Universe, you have to point it to the chat.log.
It dosent asume the chat.log is located in documents. (Im not sure why I made it like that - perhaps you could decide where to put that chat log in an old version of EU)
You mean EU setup? (tools->folders?) Mine is set to "d:\entropia universe" to keep c drive a bit clean. I can not access any tracker setup, as it refuse to install because of that missing file/bad folder. I could try generate a dummy folder that matches what its looking for, but clearly this is a bug that assume log file at "c:\Users\<login name>\Documents\Entropia Universe\chat.log", but my home folder is "c:\Users\<original ms login name>.
I just tested with VS2017, and this returns the correct path:
Code:
string s = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments);

Edit: ok, so apparently it did install, even if it looked like it failed, and I was able to start it and change the chat.log location. Bug is valid tho, maybe fix for the next release?

Last edited:
Might be being a bit dumb. Very Probably. But, How to I get the Tracker Client up when playing the game?

If I try and open it once I am in game it says that the Tracker is already running....

I know how to "Click more info" to have it run. the client does not have that option currently.
Interesting as the window is part of windows, not tracker.

Interesting as the window is part of windows, not tracker.
and I understanding your meaning, but the option to "Click for more info" to bypass the warning is not there.

and I understanding your meaning, but the option to "Click for more info" to bypass the warning is not there.

I may not have the wording right, it could be called advanced or something.

I may not have the wording right, it could be called advanced or something.
dude,

I understand what you are talking about. it's a box you click on to provide an exception to the program, to allow it to continue. I've seen it and done it many times before. This option is not included in the installer. I cannot bypass the exception. There is no option to click advanced, and bypass the stop. there is not box to click to allow to proceed. I've tried running as an adminstrator (left shift/mouse click), doesn't allow it. I am an adminstrator on my machine, it still does not allow any way to include an exception.

Well i installed it and it seems to work fine... Actually that's the first time ever i am using your tracker so...

Program status : started ... got my location... got my avatar name... screenshot taken of my last global... sent 26 other globals...

I don't know if i really need it, but i assume it works :silly2:

Hey @Starfinder , I was in Contact with Entropialife a fear years ago for about 3-7 months about an Idea I had to create my own Line Graphic and Pie Charts for a Loot Weather News segment that would display the individual planets.
Top 5-10 Mobs per planet that are popping the highest single loots per day/week/month (Pretty much just per day) and then a personalized estimate would be made of what people might expect of loot on each planet throughout the week and an estimation of accuracy chart that shows yesterdays prediction based on todays information and likelihood that tomorrows prediction may or may not be accurate as well a top 5 in past 1-3-5 hours for each planet...
In the Support contact with EntropiaLife I noted that I wanted to use this idea and promote EntropiaLife by encouraging more users to use their Entropia Social Platform and the Tracking Client to create more accurate Loot Weather News Predictions made by "TheSPEDReport".
Whoever I was talking to in EntropiaLife Support said that they thought it was a great idea and appreciated my interest to contribute to the growth of EntropiaLife and said they would pass this on to technical team, the person who made the client, and parties knowledgeable in the topic to figure out how to source me the data that I needed.
I was in contact with them about 3-5 times over the 3-7 month time period, with a ending result with them apologizing, that the team is a lot smaller than it used to be, and that those who are left don't know how most of anything works and it is difficult for them to implement a lot of the things that the website offers due to this. I think they said something about the person who created the client hasn't been heard from in a long time. I would have to go back and check my messages.
All of this could be easily accomplished on my end. The only problem I am having is I don't have a way to source the Live hunting data on EntropiaLife... This is what I was telling support that I needed in order to accomplish this idea.

Seems you are claiming that you built the client, so IDK if you were informed about my inquiry based on what I could find out.
IDK if you designed the platforming to demonstrates the data from the tracker client to the websites or the system that implements the graphics and displays them on the website. I didn't get much information other that the person I was talking to was the website owner, they had no play is the coding side of things and didn't know anything to provide me any information, and that it was at that point and time had become a 1 man staff...

But so, my initial question,
Is there a way you can make the live hunting data transferable to an Excel data sheet similar to how stocks and live trade transactions can be sourced to a excel document. It is like "allow sharing" on data sourcing or perhaps provide me with the direct source where the data is profiled/store so that I can use it to create these charts/graphcs?
If I can source the Live Hunting Data on EntropiaLife, then I can easily create this Loot Weather News idea that I have and it would be a great marketing tool to direct more people to... Use the Tracker Client. >_<
:D

Something along those lines, in my head I am thinking that I am making this as simple as possible, but I know sometimes it can be more tedious than that. Any help I can get with accomplishing this Loot Weather News idea as well as providing support to EntropiaLife and the Tracker Client would be awesome. >_<

Last edited:
I just now started EL Client and had my mind totally blown away! There is an update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Links don't work on Windows 11 at least)

Someone get Starfinder a cookie.

Last edited:
Anyone else haveing issue with tracker.. Never had problem open it and run it.. but today it did not want to open, and i removed and tried install new but got msg Cant start program.. contact developer for help..

Now I am getting all black screenshots. Anyone have any ideas? I have not changed anything, it just started doing this out of nowhere.

Now I am getting all black screenshots. Anyone have any ideas? I have not changed anything, it just started doing this out of nowhere.
If it's anything like the similar issue in LBML, it has something to do with individual computers and your graphics card setups it seems. This seems to especially happen with people that have multiple monitors and have each monitor on a different graphics card (or one card and one on-board motherboard graphics port). It seems to confuse common ways that screenshots are setup, so if you have multiple monitors, try disabling a graphics card temporarily and see if it still happens.

Hello everyone.

Ive just, after 8 years, uploaded a new version of the tracker client.
Since ive got a new computer, and a new certificate to sign the application with, your computer might say its an "untrusted source". Please be adviced this is because of the new certificate/computer.

The old clients can no longer feed globals. So, we need you to update. If the system wont update it self, you can uninstall and reinstall using the "download link" on EntropiaLife.

Thank you.
If you haven't heard yet Starfinder, individual loot, not just team hunts, is now in the chat log. Not sure if the current version would already work for this yet since I can't test it until later.

Mining loot is also included, so not sure how you'd want to separate the two out for those of us that do both on occasion.

I would love you to integrate the new loot report to be integrated to the loot tracker!

You are beautiful, Miss Starfinder. :)

If it's anything like the similar issue in LBML, it has something to do with individual computers and your graphics card setups it seems. This seems to especially happen with people that have multiple monitors and have each monitor on a different graphics card (or one card and one on-board motherboard graphics port). It seems to confuse common ways that screenshots are setup, so if you have multiple monitors, try disabling a graphics card temporarily and see if it still happens.

I only have one vid card, went through driver reinstalls. My board doesn't have built in graphics. It was working perfectly on this machine for 18 months. I did nothing, and it started capturing black screens.

It isn't this app though, I cannot stream with twitch or discord either.

I'll post something when I figure it out. I am also in Win 11 insider preview so it could be an OS bug or could be something that changed in an update.

I've been in technology engineering for 25 years, I will figure it out eventually. Thanks for the ideas.

I only have one vid card, went through driver reinstalls. My board doesn't have built in graphics. It was working perfectly on this machine for 18 months. I did nothing, and it started capturing black screens.

I'll post something when I figure it out. I am also in Win 11 insider preview so it could be an OS bug or could be something that changed in an update.

I've been in technology engineering for 25 years, I will figure it out eventually. Thanks for the ideas.
It might be the file type. I had this issue some years ago and I think that it was the file type that was causing the issue. It might be worth playing around with that.

Could it be because you're running W11?

It might be the file type. I had this issue some years ago and I think that it was the file type that was causing the issue. It might be worth playing around with that.

Nothing changed. It just started spitting out black screens. Shouldn't be the file type.

Could it be because you're running W11?

It has been working fine on Win 11 for a couple of months. I am thinking an update screwed it up.

How would one go about offering help with dev work for this site?

the black screenies were a windows problem in the past ( dunno if its the same now too) ..in past it was the aero design on win7 ++ etc...
i also had this prob some yrs ago..changed the design type and it worked ...
i hope it helps to get maybe a direction for the new windows versions ...
gl on finding the problem,

Eddie

the black screenies were a windows problem in the past ( dunno if its the same now too) ..in past it was the aero design on win7 ++ etc...
i also had this prob some yrs ago..changed the design type and it worked ...
i hope it helps to get maybe a direction for the new windows versions ...
gl on finding the problem,

Eddie
Also all the sudden had them after upgrading my computer to Win11.
Took me a while to finde the reason, seems like even though I selected a resolution of 1080p in the settings, it still connected to the monitor with 2160p even though the resolution seemed to be 1080p.
Had to forcefully set the monitor to 1080p in the advanced graphics settings and all fine again.

Late to the party but might be someone that knows how to fix this.

Just got a new computer with Win 11 and when trying to start the client after installing (with difficulties) "Do you want to search for an app in the store" as if i cant start it because i am missing something, does anyone have any idea what it might be on a freshly installed Win 11?

Back