News: New Treasure Island Deeds

Might have missed it, but who is the "planet partner" receiving th other 50% of the income ?
And also...how will it be (mis)managed ?
Same as Crystal Palace where simply somebody drops some fertilzer every now and then ?
Where "share holders" have now actual voting rights?

And yeah, would also like to know what happened to Deathfier.
No offense, but without hearing some official statement from the previous owner this deal sounds really fishy.
I’m kinda guessing on this one…. But Calypso is sort of like a planet partner, different than Entropia Universe. Maybe that is what is meant?

Yes Rose that would be. Looking forward to more mobs on those LAs.

800k deeds will sell before they are tradeable in March. There will be no halving.
8M peds is all it takes and there is money enough to buy them (on calypso)
Nobody is interested in AC, since we know that PP's other Calypso are not MA's interest.

I'll buy a number of them. Dunno how many yet.
Long term they will do well.
Gotta love an optimist.. Especially one that disregards the actual return and focuses on how much money is in-game.

You are MA's dream player, congrats.

I mean 50 pec a year seems to be an acceptable level for these type of things.. Maybe I expect too much...

But 800,000 deeds..? Na bro, there ain't enough money in-game, they ain't selling.

Nevermind the uncertainty, albeit unlikely they don't own the area, the possible other entitled parties, etc...

So If I have CLD's.. Will I get a share of the share of the share of the 50% as well as owning the shares for the other 50% of the NTI area that is on Calypso???

It f*cking stinks man... But hey theres enough money ingame right?

Last edited:
@Ludvig|MindArk :
Can we please get a proof of a legally binding adjucation, accepted by both parties, which rules out that Deathifier might claim ownership of what MA tries to sell here?

Or is the ownership of Treasure Island still disputed and we fall to risk of buying something that does not belong to MA legally?

Last edited:
@Ludvig|MindArk :
Can we please get a proof of a legally binding adjucation, accepted by both parties, which rules out that Deathifier might claim ownership of what MA tries to sell here?

Or is the ownership of Treasure Island still disputed and we fall to risk of buying something that does not belong to MA legally?
I assume they have settled, and have all their Ts crossed. But always good to get some reassurance on this before the launch.
+1

Just imagine, for a second, they settled for the original price. I think that is totally ludicrous. I just wouldn't put it past them.

I know CP shares went fast and hard, and the money went to one guy...

But does anyone else get the feeling they are still kicking themselves for that..?

Like "If we had made a million shares we'd be golden"?.

Cause I f***ng do. They are claiming the double valuation BEFORE they sell the tickets.

Gotta love an optimist.. Especially one that disregards the actual return and focuses on how much money is in-game.

Let's look back in 3 years.
I was very cynical when CLD came out and that was a big mistake.
I believe that the price of TI shares will go higher than 10PED in the end, this combined with any return would already be a profit.
It's basically virtual real estate and should be treated as such. Not as a currency or something.

But hey, if I'm wrong in 3 years, I'll prolly learn something. I learned from not investing in CLD too.

Edited: We can name CLD to talk about success, and we can talk about Compet Deed to talk about fail :D
Calypso Land Deed Start price 1000ped today around 3000+
Arkadia Underground Deed Start price 50ped today around 100+

Compet Deed Start price 100ped today around 20 or 30
Arkadia Moon Deed Start price from 50 to 60ped today around 35

Crystal Palace Share Start price 10ped today around 18
Ancient Greece Share Start price 10ped today around 9.99 and 450K share deleted.

Last edited:
  • Deed revenue represents 50% of Planet Calypso’s planet partner revenue for all activity on New Treasure Island.
  • There will no longer be any land area taxes for activity on New Treasure Island.
So.. no taxes on the LA. That could be a good thing I suppose.

However it conflicts a bit with what was originally a portion of the original TI deal...

Rights available to the purchaser of the island:

A unique castle (furniture not included)
Hunting (including native forms of wildlife)
Mining (both minerals and enmatters)
Taxation rights on hunting and mining activities on the island
Income from the sale of land lots. Five lots per month will be available for sale under the duration of one year. These 60 lots alone have an estimated market value of 300 000 PED.
Massive revenue potential

There is no mention of the castle etc. so I guess they'll just destroy the castle and leave it all as LA? Could be interesting to use castle as a pvp fort event area I guess?

Edited: We can name CLD to talk about success, and we can talk about Compet Deed to talk about fail :D
Calypso Land Deed Start price 1000ped today around 3000+
Arkadia Underground Deed Start price 50ped today around 100+

Compet Deed Start price 100ped today around 20 or 30
Arkadia Moon Deed Start price from 50 to 60ped today around 35

Crystal Palace Share Start price 10ped today around 18
Ancient Greece Share Start price 10ped today around 9.99 and 450K share deleted.
I would consider AG shares a positive project, definitely not a fail, price hasn't changed, number has been adjusted and that can be a good thing. They made a tracking tool for their shares.
CP shares sold fast, NI shares will sell faster. There are 2 mobs only on CP and it's off world. NI has 10 times ore mobs and it's very accessible which makes it several times ore valuable than CP. Traffic will be insane is spawns are good.
The fact that there's a chance it will be the place to go for special events, like dasps, big EO and other sought after creatures, make it even more valuable...

I really want to know if dasp spawn will be permanent nad if not, what will be replaced with once gone. Will there be other mobs added in rotation? What kind of mobs?

I would consider AG shares a positive project, definitely not a fail, price hasn't changed, number has been adjusted and that can be a good thing. They made a tracking tool for their shares.
CP shares sold fast, NI shares will sell faster. There are 2 mobs only on CP and it's off world. NI has 10 times ore mobs and it's very accessible which makes it several times ore valuable than CP. Traffic will be insane is spawns are good.
The fact that there's a chance it will be the place to go for special events, like dasps, big EO and other sought after creatures, make it even more valuable...

I really want to know if dasp spawn will be permanent nad if not, what will be replaced with once gone. Will there be other mobs added in rotation? What kind of mobs?

I fully expected CP shares to sell out of the shop very quickly. I figured that TI would be deeded out and some point and was hoping it would be the same kind of investment as CP with potential for the price to go up after they sold out.. but this one line in the statement has me confused.

• Deed revenue represents 50% of Planet Calypso’s planet partner revenue for all activity on New Treasure Island.

If anyone can explain that line to me. I can decide if this will be a investment worth looking into in 6 days. As it stands right now, I have 0 clue as to where the deed holders income will come from. CP being taxed was easy to understand.. AG having this same statement in the info for its deeds has me wondering where the income comes from. I know someone from Mindark posted that they will have a follow up post to clear up questions. Hopefully this is one of the questions they answer.

SpikE

As i understand planet partner revenue is split into a few slices.

X% for planet partner
X% for MindArk

So for this TI deeds i expect it to work like

X% for planet partner (is Mindark in this case?)
X% for share owners

X% for mindark (and % of this goes towards CLD revenue)

We only don't know the real percentages i think

I fully expected CP shares to sell out of the shop very quickly. I figured that TI would be deeded out and some point and was hoping it would be the same kind of investment as CP with potential for the price to go up after they sold out.. but this one line in the statement has me confused.

If anyone can explain that line to me. I can decide if this will be a investment worth looking into in 6 days. As it stands right now, I have 0 clue as to where the deed holders income will come from. CP being taxed was easy to understand.. AG having this same statement in the info for its deeds has me wondering where the income comes from. I know someone from Mindark posted that they will have a follow up post to clear up questions. Hopefully this is one of the questions they answer.

SpikE
I have been trying to get that information from NI officials, but they claim they "don't know", and constantly repeating the same line "50% of the revenue". They don't even want to reveal what's the revenue, so we can do our own calculations based on it.

I am quite confident that they really don't know, so it would require some clarification from MA, I think that should be transparent, and don't see reason why it's not.

... waiting for an official MA answer, I sincerely hope it comes prior to the deeds launching ... I for one would be interested and would also deposit again to buy some deeds, but only if I have sufficient information about the subject....

Plenty of valid questions raised, lets have an answer MA, thank you

Probably best to wait for Mindark to answer but I suspect but I'm not sure they'll be able to answer it since they take a cut off top before everything else?

https://web.archive.org/web/20100418025815/http://www.planetcalypso.eu/en/node/71 - link to internet archive version of old affiliate program (never implemented community wide but was and still is used by a few special avatars - see entropia planets for more info on who those are)

How does it work ?​

So, how does an affiliate program look like on a game concept that's basically free, with no download fee or monthly subscription fees ? How does the operator actually earn money ?
Each tool, weapon, clothes, basically everything a player can utilize has a specific basic value. This base decreases by a certain preset amount every time an object is used until it reaches almost zero value and has to be "repaired".
The correlating amount of the in-game currency PED and therefor 10:1 US-Dollars of what the item decays gets distributed 50:50 between Mindark PE AB as operator of the Entropia Universe and the planet partner where the participant has the account registered and pursuing its activities, in our case First Planet Company and Planet Calypso.
Another source of income are fees and commissions attached to the in-game auction and player's shops. Every sale on the auction and shops produces a sales commission that also gets shared 50:50 between Mindark and the Planet Partner.

So... if I read this right it sounds like decay costs are split 50/50 between Planet Partner and Mindark in the original scheme of things. CLDs accounted for the Planet partner portion... so either this is giving the cld portion of treasure island revenue back to the Treasure Island deed instead of to cld owners (where it's assumed to be going now but may not be?) or is taking a chunk out of the Mindark portion. If they are just moving the revenue from cld over to treasure island deeds that's laughable and funny, but it may very well be what they are doing?.. and it's exactly in line with what they historcially seem to be doing removing 'ownership' rights from deeds and making deeded avatars 'holders' instead, etc.

I suspect it's more complex than that though since they've stated in the past CLD owners get a cut of profit from avatars born on Calypso that are on another planet so it's split even further and the 50/50 isn't exactly correct.... probably something more like 50 percent of 50 percent of 50 percent of 25% of 30 percent or some convoluted algorithm more complex than the loot algorithm.

With tax system the minimum tax in shops was 2 pecs so you had to sell in shops at tt+1.02 as minimum with 2 pecs going to taxes. I think in that case it was set up like that because one pec sent to LA owner and other to Mindark originally. I have no idea how it works with planets but they do have miropec level across the system so there is a lot of splitting of things in returns.

Last edited:
I'm happy to see that more people are now paying attention to the currently unknown splitting.
They CANNOT simply be moving CLD revenue over because none of that is theirs to sell.
It COULD be they are using their 50%+1 majority to sell off half of both their AND CLD-holders' share, but then they'd have to pay off the CLD-holders for the partial sell-off - and they haven't said they'd do that. (edit: here both the PP and CLD-holders would still receive a revenue share, but halved)
It COULD also be that they are selling the PP-portion completely - and then CLD and NTI will together (50%-50%) make up a 'powerless PP' in terms of revenue share.

It's time to clarify who is entitled to what, dear MA. That 50% statement no longer cuts it - and may even be wrong depending on how the pie is being cut up and sold!

They CANNOT be moving CLD revenue over because that is not theirs to sell.
They own the server, so YES it is theirs to sell. Deed HOLDERS are not DEED OWNERS. Mindark runs the server and owns them. You are in their virtual world playing by their rules. They have every right to make clds completely useless tokens if they want to. It wouldn't be a good idea for them to do that but if they are splitting off cld revenue to do this they can do it. I think I've read they use cld revenue splits to fund some events sometimes as it is now so it's not much different than that except it'd be a permanent split.

If that is what they are doing maybe we'll see them sell off LAs that no player owns next year to eat cld roi on those too? My suspicion is the old tax scheme is something they want to do away with anyways, this is one small step to get there.

Last edited:
Im awaiting further confirmation from MA to make up my mind. Lots more info needed here.

One thing I don't agree with is that it will deduct any undue income from CLD.
TI has been owned by deathfire until it transferred into MA liquidation account. Its always been land areas.

From MA liquidation lands usually end up being sold again… eventually.
CLD owners maybe had the income as a bonus but only until it was sold on again.

Whatever the absolute legalities are, it would be extremely unwise to attempt certain things.
Changing all guns into opalos for a full reset to hunting or other fun ideas..... if my CAN/CANNOT is not right in the absolute sense, it is clear some things are not wise...

"guys we got a problem"
"sup boss?"
"Eu player are not like crypto monkey that buy all kind of garbage that has a fancy name, they want to know things"
"damn we did not account for that.. cant0p we just say that we take our slice to feed the server hamster? they do know energy cost"
"we will as soon as my grandson sell his 2.0, some still believe to loot over ammo with them"

I love how much discrepancy there is in here. I am not sure where the lot of you get most of what you say in the first place. Constantly creating an avenue for everyone to be on the wrong side from the right answer. Besides the point...

CLDs make up 50% of Planet Calypsos PP Revenue, the Treasure Island Deeds are going to make up 50% of PP Revenue for Treasure Island.
If MA had the power to do "Whatever the want" so to say, I am sure they would have millions of dollars of CLDs from players who have moved on from the game and never cashed out. Also, The reclamation that Treasure Island is now owned by MA and now Deathifier as no one knows anything about any of that except MA and "maybe" Deathifier. Taxes are being turned off, and revenue is coming from PP Revenue. As far as I know, Planet Calypso was developed by the owners of MA so that would mean that CLDs are theirs to change, but why would they do that when there is no necessity to do that?"

If I remember right, Crystal Palace didn't show people what the taxes were, kind of like a Planet with PP Revenue coming from loot, I am probably wrong about that, but it was announced that the sale of shares was implemented by the player who owned it, that the money from share sales was going to that player, and that the player was selling the crystal palace station to the players. They didn't do that this time and I realize we are in the dark in regard to player insurance or assurance. It seems a lot is being insinuated that 50%+50% equals more than 100%, but it isn't even 1/10th of the planet and even after the update probably isn't anywhere close to 1/10th of CLD revenue... MA/Calypso can't give to the community by eliminating 100% of revenue to themselves with New Treasure Island although the revenue from revenue deeds from players who have moved on goes into their pockets? I mean, seems like a way out of a lawsuit to me. I don't know how it works in peoples minds everywhere else in the world isn't necessarily a concept of educational foundation to misinterpret the concept of others opinions although the ability cannot be removed.

The number CLDs make up 7.5% of the total number of New Treasure Island Deeds. Look at the cost of CLDs right now and the 10ped cost of Treasure Island Deeds. That would be close to an equivalence of 130ped of Treasure island deeds to get the same percentage of deeds as the one of CLDs.
So, on the assumption that MA can do whatever they want, let's assume that it is based on a norm of which decreases every year. The norm being average/current not the deacrease. How much revenue do you think Treasure Island deeds are producing when it takes 13 New Treasure Island deeds would be needed to average out 1 CLD, but it is actually 30 New Treasure Island Deeds, to be paying the same amount for 1 CLD. Note, CLDs originally sold for 1150 ped and payouts have gone down every year... So, back then 1cld cost is equivelant to the now 11.5 New Treasure Island Deed Costs.
Just how much do you think the New Treasure Island Deeds will pull in revenue? It is rather unknown. :D

I want to continue and hangout, I just saw a lot of weird confusion going around in a manner that is not uncommon to create a system that makes everyone insecure and wanted to join along in the party for a moments time and slightly clean up some of the incentivized collusion.
I believe there was more I wanted to comment on, but I am more interested in being progressive than stressing about spam or libel in the Forums.

Last edited:
Is this a deed on a deed?
Calypso Land Deed -> Treasure Island Deed

How does the revenue work here? o_O

Will CLD also generate revenue from Treasure Island?
Yes this my question as well are CLD HOLDERS slowly getting carved out of value?

I love how much discrepancy there is in here. I am not sure where the lot of you get most of what you say in the first place. Constantly creating an avenue for everyone to be on the wrong side from the right answer. Besides the point...

CLDs make up 50% of Planet Calypsos PP Revenue, the Treasure Island Deeds are going to make up 50% of PP Revenue for Treasure Island.
If MA had the power to do "Whatever the want" so to say, I am sure they would have millions of dollars of CLDs from players who have moved on from the game and never cashed out. Also, The reclamation that Treasure Island is now owned by MA and now Deathifier as no one knows anything about any of that except MA and "maybe" Deathifier. Taxes are being turned off, and revenue is coming from PP Revenue. As far as I know, Planet Calypso was developed by the owners of MA so that would mean that CLDs are theirs to change, but why would they do that when there is no necessity to do that?"

If I remember right, Crystal Palace didn't show people what the taxes were, kind of like a Planet with PP Revenue coming from loot, I am probably wrong about that, but it was announced that the sale of shares was implemented by the player who owned it, that the money from share sales was going to that player, and that the player was selling the crystal palace station to the players. They didn't do that this time and I realize we are in the dark in regard to player insurance or assurance. It seems a lot is being insinuated that 50%+50% equals more than 100%, but it isn't even 1/10th of the planet and even after the update probably isn't anywhere close to 1/10th of CLD revenue... MA/Calypso can't give to the community by eliminating 100% of revenue to themselves with New Treasure Island although the revenue from revenue deeds from players who have moved on goes into their pockets? I mean, seems like a way out of a lawsuit to me. I don't know how it works in peoples minds everywhere else in the world isn't necessarily a concept of educational foundation to misinterpret the concept of others opinions although the ability cannot be removed.

The number CLDs make up 7.5% of the total number of New Treasure Island Deeds. Look at the cost of CLDs right now and the 10ped cost of Treasure Island Deeds. That would be close to an equivalence of 130ped of Treasure island deeds to get the same percentage of deeds as the one of CLDs.
So, on the assumption that MA can do whatever they want, let's assume that it is based on a norm of which decreases every year. The norm being average/current not the deacrease. How much revenue do you think Treasure Island deeds are producing when it takes 13 New Treasure Island deeds would be needed to average out 1 CLD, but it is actually 30 New Treasure Island Deeds, to be paying the same amount for 1 CLD. Note, CLDs originally sold for 1150 ped and payouts have gone down every year... So, back then 1cld cost is equivelant to the now 11.5 New Treasure Island Deed Costs.
Just how much do you think the New Treasure Island Deeds will pull in revenue? It is rather unknown. :D

I want to continue and hangout, I just saw a lot of weird confusion going around in a manner that is not uncommon to create a system that makes everyone insecure and wanted to join along in the party for a moments time and slightly clean up some of the incentivized collusion.
I believe there was more I wanted to comment on, but I am more interested in being progressive tha
n stressing about spam or libel in the Forums.
Don't know wth ur trying to say but how's bout we just cutoff ur index finger now...its only 1% of TBSA but well do an equivalent cut every 6 months no problem right?

Brick

It's an interesting angle to compare the size of TI with the whole of Caly - and then look at the CLDs.
I believe Caly has 31 servers and the original CLD price was actually 1000 peds. The 1150 figure came from a sell-off a year later carried out via MA on behalf of an 'investor' known as for short as 'Max'. I could be mistaken, but I think it was 60k deeds overall, thus 6 million dollars in total.
Calculating live - if we assume an average of 3.1 peds payout a week, that's 10 pecs per server area as an average actually being paid out to holders, and pp revenue would thus be 20 pecs, split into 10+10. MA also takes pecs from revenue, as do planets of origin of the avatars generating the revenue.
Whatever used to be on top as land areas will no longer count for anybody as there will no longer be taxed lands. It's not relevant as such anyway to the underlying land.
I have explained what I think the scenarios could be. If the pp is selling 50% of its revenue share, then that's 5 of its 10 pecs. 10 pecs still goes to CLD holders with no change. Maybe the 50% is what MA considers to be what it doesn't get, namely 20 pecs, half of that 'owned' by (ok, allocated to) CLD holders. If I trust that my first scenario is correct, then my baseline of 60k deeds giving 10 pecs to their holders equated to 800k deeds only getting 5 pecs on their separate side results in 0.375 pecs per week.
However, this was just a 'blind average' across all servers, including areas with low and noob activity. If the NTI server manages 2.67 the average activity, then the payout would be 1 pec per week if my maths has been correct (not an easy task). The valuation at 10 peds per share/deed then has a payout of 5% a year, which is approximately level with other offerings. Note: if this is the case, then TI actually makes up a whopping 26.7 pecs a week to CLD holders - any change would be noticeable.

If my maths is correct, but my assumptions wrong, then who knows?
I would like to know if CLD holders are affected in any way in terms of their holdings by this sale. My assumption above is based on the CLD path remaining completely separate economically, with no drop by however many pecs per week and no compensation required.

I hope this is clear enough, but am I right please?
TLDR: Is the new situation a planet partner revenue (as viewed by MA) now being split 4 ways between Caly, the NTI deeds and CLD holders at a ratio of 1:1:2?
Edit: I also come to the relative conclusion that for NTI deeds to pay out 1 pec per week, then NTI will make up 8.6% of total Caly activity based on CLD calculations. That seems a bit high, so I hope I'm wrong somewhere, such as the original CLD count of 60k deeds or something. It would also be nice if fellow peers can review this 'paper' and confirm it free of obvious errors ;)!

Last edited:
Don't know wth ur trying to say but how's bout we just cutoff ur index finger now...its only 1% of TBSA but well do an equivalent cut every 6 months no problem right?

Brick
Basically,
It takes 13 NTID to be equivalent to be 1 CLD in equivalence to percentage ratios. It takes 30 NTID to equal the cost of 1 CLD.
the 50% is coming from NTI only and it surely it couldn't hurt MA to negate losing all revenue from NTI of which encompasses less than 10% of the entire planet and even after the new content will probably encompass less than 10% of the planets revenue as a sale on their part and go against taking revenue from CLDs.
That the Entirety of the number of CLDs is 7.5% of the entirety of the number of NTIDs, I would assume that is like 13pec to 1 CLD a week or 30 pec versus 2-4ped, but I am more interested in finding out and investing tbh, if that is what is being presented, of which is still being paid out weekly.
And lastly that people seems to have odd fixations that negate the reality of situations that they embrace a higher importance over logic or reason, such as the fixation of trimming down index fingers part of sectionals by part of sectionals.
I'm not trying to say taking 100% of revenue gained from the 50% NTID should be removed from CLDs because it dosn't effect anything... That is very far from the 9 different subjects that I would want to be had from what I have stated... In regard that subject I am stating that I highly doubt that they are removing the 50% revenue from NTID out of CLDs. and that the 50% for NTID refers to the other 50% that isn't claimed on CLDs because they have other avenues of which allows them to make money off of player deeds, such as players that have moved on.
For some reason I said there was more to add on the actual matter and not that of the collusion.
It has become very popular in the game the past year or two so as to remove taxes from Land Areas and give to the community.
I enjoy the incentive for better understanding as well.

Last edited:
800k USD for just 50% of revenue? Cringe-worthy sale, just like the Ark Moon Deeds I luckily passed on. Good luck getting those 10p back from one share :LOL: Edit: Seeing AUD going for near 100p, anything's possible with some hype..

Last edited:
To answer one recurring question here:

New Treasure Island is a virtual asset legally owned and controlled by MindArk.
MindArk does not discuss nor make any user account information public, whether the account is active, under investigation or terminated.

More information and answers to other questions will also come soon.

To answer one recurring question here:

New Treasure Island is a virtual asset legally owned and controlled by MindArk.
MindArk does not discuss nor make any user account information public, whether the account is active, under investigation or terminated.

More information and answers to other questions will also come soon.
That really is one of the least needed questions answered.

A clarification of where the money from the dividend will be coming from is a big one for me.

Also will there be an active attempt to keep spawns alive.

Will there be missions that are specific for this land area other than codex.

please give some clarification

Back