News: New Treasure Island Deeds

Why is there a dislike to resellers when it comes to shares? People buy and sell shares, that’s kinda the point to investing.

Resellers will rather hold onto them (like 101amps and other stuff for years or decades) than sell at a loss.
The bulk was sold to a couple resellers. They will determine market price. And those people will not sell at a loss unless there is danger that MA goes bankrupt. Especially if the deeds produce any form of income, even a pec every two weeks.
Yes, that's exactly what happened with Arkadia Moon Deeds...

Why is there a dislike to resellers when it comes to shares? People buy and sell shares, that’s kinda the point to investing.
In this case, I think it is misplaced anger over the fact that there wasn't opportunity for more people to participate. A staggered offering over time zones would have allowed more people, me for example, to try to buy during the first offering. Now the only way I will own any of those is via someone who was able to be at their PC at 11:00UTC.

Shares are purchased for 3 reasons:
1. cash flow (strip of payment and this is trating them as a Bond with uncertain principal at reimbursment and a trial to calculate the NPV with some DCFM formula)... this is how i came to the 2...3 pec per month return
2. Growth if actual value is perceived like not representing future opportunities (shares will rise due to the fact that Unreal arrive, Epic game store lures 1m new players and all go to NTI, the pomised land)
3. for criminal practices, like pump and dump, or cornering, that is i drain liquidity, Hype the return with legends about insane droprate, like the 2.0 weapons bubble still going) and as the share rise, the initial buyer dump them at higher price, and sell them all to obtain an illecit profit (Pump and Dump is a criminal offense in real world).
in Entropia there is not a security and exchange commission, there is no regulation, and the name SHARE or DEED represents nothing, due to the fact that the owner POSSESS IT but has no rights connected to it.

with this in mind, i will start a Thread on Returns, i continue to use method 1 (btw playerbase rose 8% according to Entropialife active players)
i appreciate the enthusiasm of who use the method 2
and i condem the practice of method 3, but those who apply them are lucky... no one can prosecute them and if they can sell at 11 after hyping the value they have no consequencies.

GL to the owners, i have 1 on me so i can see when a payment is processed.

Last edited:
This is pretty big stuff, congrats MA!

There will probably be e boom until most people have reached high enough in Codex.
After that... well, we'll see what happens. :p
What will happen wil be that from now on people will not abandon daily missions so often and will pick NI as a place to do them so there will be quite a lot of activity throughout the year. There could also be the case that that "subject to change" can be a rotation of minievent mobs, mobs that used to be placed on LA60 (maybe even ig Eomons during migra) etc.
That sounds like the guy you voted for lost and now you hope to see the current guy fail just to make you feel less crappy because you were wrong....

Well, I guess I won't be hunting on NTI then I guess. Not that my own activity would have made any real difference to the payouts on my shares, but the thought of it would have been encouraging - and being a part of something.
I'll presumably hop off Caly altogether again now and see the vu stuff from the pps. Have fun all ... :)
That's kinda cringe....
Deeds will be available for trading early next year, no need to get this emo...

LOL @ those who were talking about halving or not selling for months... comparing apples with oranges won't help you get the right conclusions, ever.

My understanding is that the term "reseller" is conceptually bloated to the extent of uselessness. Close to everyone recognizes (by experience, even if not in so many words) that the value proposition of Entropia is its suitability to be treated as a consumption good, a capital good, or any combination of the two the individual player desires, and that trading is a vital component of its suitability as a capital good (even the Club NEVERDIE world record, perhaps the story most central in the formation of Entropia's identity, is at its heart a tale of trading/investing/market success). However, the boundary between trader and reseller seems completely up for grabs. It is unclear that "reseller" means anything more substantial than "double plus ungood trader."

This isn't to imply that there's never any legitimate criticism behind a reselling accusation, only that the terminology has become a prime vehicle for conveying misunderstanding. Player A might observe a trader lying to customers about how Market Values work, and thus classify them as a reseller, but when they make complaints to Player B about resellers (which may well be warranted under A's reseller classification criteria), B instead hears a reaffirmation of their own, far more radical anti-market beliefs (perhaps B holds the extreme view that liquidity providers of all sorts are evil, and that Entropia must be treated as a pure consumption good; you can find Entropians with this view despite that it would eject MindArk from a market they dominate into a cutthroat competitive one for which they and the game are obviously not well-suited).

Also, not only are two people picked at random very unlikely to use remotely similar criteria to define "reseller," so that neither knows what the other is talking about, few are even internally consistent with its use, deciding whether someone is a reseller by virtue of their likability rather than on principled criteria. So I tend to avoid the term unless others are already using it.

...so, gone for 2 days to work and this happens. Said a few things earlier, now this is enlightening. Good luck and hope everybody is happy.

Missed out when I logged in earlier. All I can say is shit happens and well done to those that managed to grab some.
I for one will continue to visit Treasure Island.

For those who don't seem to understand what the problem is and tend to defend "resellers".

The problem is not so much that they buy only for the purpose of reselling at a profit.
Even if it's a big trouble in my opinion, but well... we are not going to rebuild the world tonight...
Nor even EU that we all know is now more of a great trading platform than a game, sadly. :whistle:

The major problem is that a very small number of rich people have taken everything.
According to MU trend, one person alone took 200k$ of shares.

That should not be possible.

Even in the most capitalist worlds there are laws to prevent this.
Anti-trust laws, anti-monopoly laws, etc..

The fact that they buy everything in a record time of 20 minutes, is not insignificant either.
All this is obviously calculated, these people know exactly what they are doing.
This creates even more false values on these shares, by giving the impression that there is a vastly greater demand than supply.

And in the best interest of the game, I think it would be much more beneficial if 4000 people owned 200 shares each,
rather than a handful owning everything. :devilish:

Given the speed at which it was gone, I wouldn't be surprised if currently less than 25 people own 90% of the shares.
That's the problem.

If MA said that it is possible for everyone to have access to these shares, then they should have made it real.
Simply by limiting the amount that can be purchased at first, to give everyone a little more than 20 minutes..

Hopefully, in 3 months the hype will be over, Dasp will be gone,
and nobody will want these shares anymore, that we will be able to buy for 5PED.. :love:

Last edited:
This is pretty big stuff, congrats MA!

What will happen wil be that from now on people will not abandon daily missions so often and will pick NI as a place to do them so there will be quite a lot of activity throughout the year. There could also be the case that that "subject to change" can be a rotation of minievent mobs, mobs that used to be placed on LA60 (maybe even ig Eomons during migra) etc.
That sounds like the guy you voted for lost and now you hope to see the current guy fail just to make you feel less crappy because you were wrong....

That's kinda cringe....
Deeds will be available for trading early next year, no need to get this emo...

LOL @ those who were talking about halving or not selling for months... comparing apples with oranges won't help you get the right conclusions, ever.
Yes there will be more hunting there than today, thats for sure, but will it be equally high when Codex is filled up?
Unless the loot tables have been changed, there will be activity on a certain mob due to their extra amount of drops, and
this will be going on until something changes, so there is also some extra amount of hunting.

"Subject to change" are more likely reservation for what could happen when the solution for FOMA is done, and I truely doubt
those spawns will be left empty, they will most likely put up new mobs and maybe as you mentioned that it will be event mobs?

Nah no narcissistic tendencies here, obviously too many with that around here already, so I don't hope something will fail, but
rather so that people should have a realistic p.o.v of how it *could* be. I guess we already know the shit storm that will happen
if things don't turn out to be as expected. ;)

*wakes up....
oh, hey, what's all this about TI deeds?
ya, MA gonna ring the cash register with Deathifiers LA
oh shit, when, where, how much?
well, its all gone now
bah, nvm.
*back to sleep.......

Yes there will be more hunting there than today, thats for sure, but will it be equally high when Codex is filled up?
Ofc activity will get lower and not everyone will work their codex right away... plus look at CP deeds... hype is 10 - 15 years gone, only 2 mobs, off planet, not many hunters, and with all that, deeds are 170-180% from original price, not many for sale and people just .. keep them. No go tell ppl that hope deeds become 5 ped to be realistic :)

Ofc activity will get lower and not everyone will work their codex right away... plus look at CP deeds... hype is 10 - 15 years gone, only 2 mobs, off planet, not many hunters, and with all that, deeds are 170-180% from original price, not many for sale and people just .. keep them. No go tell ppl that hope deeds become 5 ped to be realistic :)
Yeah I doubt they will ever drop in value, no matter of activity, but that depends on what kind of people of the majority that owns them.
I just hope people don't get upset if they don't get the dividend in long term compared to what they will get in the first 1-2 years.
That area, and many others, do have a great potential, but then those who manage them must think as players more and less
as someone who are just out to get easy income. So I say it again... "well, we'll see what happens." ;)

All I can say is it was a roaring success of limited supply and massive demand. I stayed up late so I could get some. Usually I'd of logged out 2 hours before they went live, up early for work the next day.

I'll say even if resellers didn't exist, they still would have sold out, only difference being it may have taken up to a whole hour given the momentum, but its a free market and everyone had a chance and it was smooth, no crashing or lag like you see with websites when xbox or ps5 goes on sale for example.

Also, whether or not I actually got shares, wouldn't change me wanting to hunt there! It's my new home :p

Hopefully mindark are listening to our requests to add teleporters in the north west and south east and modify the spawns etc.

Cheers, Buck

Yes, that's exactly what happened with Arkadia Moon Deeds...
Speaking of which can we have our fancy armour for everyone who bought over 500 shares now?

This is like Covid, politics or football. Everyone is defending his part based on pure speculation while others make alot of money.

NOBODY knows what MA's next move is, if the deeds will pay or be a fail. Not even them, because it all depends on the players how much they hunt there.

So STOP bla bla here on forums and go hunt some Desps, they might not be there forever.

NEXT !

Well if they do double in value which is obviously what the reseller who apparently bought a lot (although... How you can tell that is a bit of a mystery to me) expects, that Land Area will have a total combined value of 3.2 million USD and no tax. If you go on past trends then CP shares did almost double in value, so it is worth nearly 2 million USD and that is revenue from taxation.

I suppose it is the size of the actual NTI that is the attraction. It feels a little like rewarding the guys who jumped in feet first before getting all the information and I guess if you go on past records then sure shares/deeds have at least doubled when relating to Calypso (CP included).

The statement says "Will be tradable in the Q? 2022" which I cant seem to find atm, so that shouldn't need to change at all just because they sold out. (Unless that is why I can't find it).

I'd just like to write down those figures though.. If it was one buyer with a quarter of the shares.

200k shares for 2,000,000 PED @ 1 pec/week return = 0.52 pec a share per year or 20,000 PED / week just over 1,000,000 PED a year so should be repayed in two years, and if the shares double then a nice 2 million profit. And that is the kinda minimum expectation. Meaning 80,00 PED a week qualifying which would be 160,000 PED spent, combined.

GZ.

Speaking of which can we have our fancy armour for everyone who bought over 500 shares now?
You talk like getting the shares is some sort of an injury that needs compensation, not a reward in itself :)

The problem is not so much that they buy only for the purpose of reselling at a profit...The major problem is that a very small number of rich people have taken everything.
According to MU trend, one person alone took 200k$ of shares.

That should not be possible.
Great, so since we agree not to retreat to the complaint that faster buyers capture more consumer surplus, it should be easier to agree that the problem could have been avoided by omitting the three month trading freeze. Then a market would have formed at whatever price matched demand with supply, and a larger number of players would currently own them. To place limits on purchases would be to solve a problem created by central planning using more central planning, which doesn't automatically disqualify the proposal, but should be a significant red flag.

This creates even more false values on these shares, by giving the impression that there is a vastly greater demand than supply.
It seems clear that there just IS vastly more demand than supply given the price which was fixed. Moreover, in light of the three month freeze, this excess buying pressure cannot be attributed to traders with any shorter time horizon than that. The only way to label the values false is if you literally only count transactions on items intended to be held for many months as legitimate volume, which would underreport volume if we applied the same methodology to any other item.

Was it Deathifier?
Was thinking the same thing , and it is totally plausible he was compensated within the game instead of outside it.

200k shares for 2,000,000 PED @ 1 pec/week return = 0.52 pec a share per year or 2,000 PED / week just over 100,000 PED a year so should be repayed in two years, and if the shares double then a nice 2 million profit. And that is the kinda minimum expectation. Meaning 80,00 PED a week qualifying which would be 160,000 PED spent, combined.

GZ.
Hey Spoon, you have mistake in calculation. ROI is ~20y with 1 pec/week...

Was thinking the same thing , and it is totally plausible he was compensated within the game instead of outside it.
If this is the case, shouldn’t they have seperate his stake from the available total? The 200k should of been awarded prior to IPO being open to the public. What if he missed out?

I don't know the full story of the causes and outcomes of those litigations but have a hard time imagining Deathifier wanting any in-game assets or any further interaction with the game.

mob map in progress? BUT YEA why 3 tps in the top right corner like that?
And you can't take a ship out of the main hangar..... wtf kind of hangar is that

Fix please

Congratulations to MA that is a huge win for them and shows that there is still potential for large investments in this universe. Maybe even MA themselves will be shocked at how quickly it sold out. Did they undervalue it? time will tell based on the ROI.
I was interested like many others, to grab a few thousand shares but like any investment, you got to get in at the right time and I wasn't quick enough.

In this case, I think it is misplaced anger over the fact that there wasn't opportunity for more people to participate. A staggered offering over time zones would have allowed more people, me for example, to try to buy during the first offering. Now the only way I will own any of those is via someone who was able to be at their PC at 11:00UTC.
Yes I think a better way to do it would be to restrict allotments to 1000 shares per avatar for the first 24 hours, and then revert it back to free for all. Both the player base wins through greater community involvement, and MA will also do better as smaller holders are more likely to be in it for the longer haul and recycle the PED back into the game.

I don't know why Daspletors are considered so good,"special" mobs :
Some people, also in this Thread, even think that Daspletors might be removed from New Treasure Island in the future :
Why are Daspletors so special, lootwise ?

Paul

Back