Info: New Unreal Engine 5 Devblog

Status

AckerZ

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingos
Anonymous AckerZ Anonymous
Some interesting features teased on the new Unreal Engine 5 Devblog. "Inter-user contracts" sounds particularly interesting...

z0lfipk.png
#

Link to the DevBlog

I like this part, hope it's true.
In about a year we aim to have a fully playable part of the world with close-to-final visuals, core functionality and mechanics — enabling us to lay the foundations for future systems and gather your valuable feedback.

We’ll release a devblog regularly so you can travel with us on our Odyssey to a new and exciting Entropia Universe!

Inter-user contracts seem interesting, wonder what's that gonna be like. They also said they're working on combat mechanics, could be a hint at interactive gameplay.

Sounds like only good shits can be happened mr Antonsson.
Greeting for this one!

I hope they can finance up to 4 years more of development of such project.

From what I red MindArk plan to build whole new game from scratch.

You must make sure current system is taken care of in that time period, which means new content, bug fixes etc. Market is already declining, afaik there are less and less investments at this moment, probably caused by world crisis on the horizon.

What good will half game do if everyone lose patience and stop investing or start withdrawing large amounts. I think maintaining current system shouldn't be that hard, just ask the community for a help, among the troll comments and suggestions there are some that are golden and would help game a lot.

I also hope you will distribute development resources new engine 75%/25% old system maintenance & upgrades, it is the only way it makes sense, as financing such project for the next 3-5 years will definitely be a challenge without current player base.

Interplanetary jumpgates

So I guess mothership, privateer and other warp owners will get REKT? :)

Interplanetary jumpgates

yeah did think that - hopefully its just an improvement on the warp gate system, removing/harming that part of the game would piss off some of the biggest spenders, i hope they aren't that stupid and actually make solid improvements to space.

Talent tree sounds interesting and maybe is the solution to the bot problem. If the talents requires and rewards active gameplay which might be hard to bot/macro and require one to actual sit at the computer.

Interplanetary jumpgates

Would be great if they just scrap the failure that is Entropia space and just install jumpgates at this point. The question is how and if they will compensate space ship owners.

Talent tree sounds interesting and maybe is the solution to the bot problem. If the talents requires and rewards active gameplay which might be hard to bot/macro and require one to actual sit at the computer.

Would be great if they just scrap the failure that is Entropia space and just install jumpgates at this point. The question is how and if they will compensate space ship owners.
Maybe by introducing a lot more gameplay in space so the focus in space is just that and not mainly transport.... :p

Me too man, but if the 20 years event was coming without UG5 i think they were failing hard.
UE5 will be at 25y event, 20y event will be trivial xD

Maybe by introducing a lot more gameplay in space so the focus in space is just that and not mainly transport.... :p

Yeah the solution imo is to improve space not scrap it, doing the dropship boss wave event in Privateers and Motherships is one of the best experiences in EU currently.

Yeah the solution imo is to improve space not scrap it, doing the dropship boss wave event in Privateers and Motherships is one of the best experiences in EU currently.
It's not. You shoot with 50% efficiency and shit dpp mobs that has close to 0 markup long term. It's shit event. Used to be nice when you knew you could get UL RK or Quad at least. Even those 2 items are garbage for ped invested.

Biting off more than they (or we) can chew?
Biggest question I have is whether the environments will be available in parallel for a while, i.e. testing at the test planet [moon Setesh]? Does Setesh stand for set everything so high (that we can touch the sky)?

Interplanetary jumpgates sounds interesting.

Interplanetary jumpgates

Well if you dont have a MS pay 60 ped flat fee and MS owners can still charge their 25-40 ped just because it could avoid Ms use doesnt mean itll be cheap or worth it for the everyday player

Ownership (estates, land areas etc.) with a larger range of customizable entry options
A truly open MMO world allowing users to drive their own projects, whilst including a multitude of optional goals
User revenue from interactions with user-created content

I am hoping this means something to the effect , that land area owners and event organizers can insert their own items into the loot table , for the events they create. Something as easy as tokens with numbers to trade for items.

Also maybe allowing personal branded items , I have always wanted to put my Bones logo on my clothing and even the back of my pitbull.

A lot of hype building, their usual scheme. Don't speculate or get hopes up too high or you'll end up disappointing.
Lots of potential for improving the game and for fucking it up too. Hope they tread carefully and listen to player feedback. A shame they don't add regular players from different player levels to test out out the game in UE5 on the Gameplay Team that they have. They could get really good feedback that way.

One of the often inadvertant unfairnesses of being able to work together with devs in any way is that people pick up valuable info, either earlier than others, or stuff that is supposed to be 'behind the curtain'. Even knowledge of the right input here and there for the right outcome is problematic in a competitive rce environment.
The first blog already has quite telling, as long as they actually mean what they say. "gameplay emerging from the interaction of multiple systems rather than the intentional designs of the developer." This would make no interaction an exploit any more. If the effects are too undesirable (and MA finds out about it), it would be up to MA to change the 'parameters' or code surrounding the interaction of features. Expect way more secrets known to varying degrees...
Ownership, user-created content, inter-user contracts and guilds (corporations with group characteristics) are going to be biggies. Let's pray that the systems are transparent from the start, and way way different from the step-by-step snug-building/veggie boxes etc. Progress, ok, yes, but clarity of pathways in the same way that upgrade materials info is now available for armour chains, for example.
The role of pps also looks to be tricky, if they are to mesh and yet stay somewhat independent.

I wouldn't envy even a superb development team with this task, but would be prepared to join such a team. I don't know how long I'd last at MA, though, if I saw 404s of thinking multiple times...

edit: I see "We are currently focusing on Combat and Hunting; with Mining, Resource Gathering and Crafting to follow." Why write the word combat in addition to hunting? Does this mean pvp is being worked on earlier than M, RG and C above? I wonder what lands will be given lootable pvp status, and especially want to know about space (and vehicle combat), ofc.

Last edited:
Interplanetary jumpgates

My first thought as well, but ist a thing i've wished was a thing for a long time. The game and economy with the playerbase isnt big enough (imo) making other planets viable places to visit on the regular.

A safe option to visit them on the regular would be very welcome.

I would imagine there would be some other oppertunity for space ships, warps motherships and space travel in general.

A wild idea, imagine if space was no longer a lootable pvp zone, and instead only had high risk areas in space being lootable pvp, and for the most part, the rest of space had proper mobbing, and space ships could be used for proper team hunts using space ships purely (i know that is sort of a thing, but think expanded, bigger, optimized and properly from a to z with more ships more ship parts more weapons more space stuff overall.) could be interesting.

The contract stuff to me just makes it sound like it might be easier to hire healer service too?

I'm assuming the contract stuff is reloading the factories idea, where players craft to a pre-set order and mu, for example. I doubt healing services are meant, as fulfilment may be too hard for a contract to clarify.

As far as I know, space is the only place so far where you can now hunt mobs directly from the pilot seat of larger vehicles (not just quad/sleip). There is also the space hunt mission now, but I've only repped a few times, not been active 'outside', as it were. I hope space is integrated into the exploration idea rather more, but with limited risk most of the time. I certainly hope space is not simply an afterthought in the new design... but worthy of even dedicated space guilds, territories and bases etc.
However, on top of hopes for better auction and trading capabilities and a functioning overall economy... and pp integration... I wonder how valued our opinions really are to MA.

Status
Back