Question: Newbie starting z12 Barbarella

CMDR-KB

Hatchling
Hi,

I am new as the heading says, I have purchased a $5 starter pack with the z12 barbarella, I have done a bit of grinding a few quests and have my CDF Scout set.
I have a Mentor, he is great. 60% to getting my Adjusted pixie set.
I don't have a SOC yet.

I have chipped into a little EVADE for head start on long run repairs, still not sure if it was the right way to go but hey selavi. I know I mainly want to hunt Melee monsters at this stage, I dont like ranged and drone swarms aren't fun .... yet.

1) The question I have is I am currently hunting with the z12 and was wondering what level mobs I am supposed to be hunting ? I do want to get a A101 as well.

2) I read up that once I am lvl 11 which isn't to far away ( Laser sniper HIT lvl 8 at the moment ) I can/should get a Xent Tech Light Rifle X3 and amp, is this still the way to go or was I reading outdated info and if so please advise on more relevant if possible. Also what level should I be hunting when at this point.

Thank you guys for taking the time to read this and hopefully I will see some positive response and maybe some pointers for the way forward.

Regards,
CMDR-KB

Should of got the $30 starterpack then that comes with the ZX sinkadus amp. Its an alternative to the A101 but doesn't cost you +300peds. I'm surprised your mentor let you go with the $5 pack.
Don't worry about chipping in skills, you'll gain them quick enough.
The mob level that you should be fighting should be in line or a little under your current evade level as a general rule. In addition, try to take on mobs that you can dispatch without too much effort. No real hard and fast rule here, but if you A) Have to stop shooting to heal mid fight, or B) Spend alot more extra shots to combat mob health regen, then you should probably go to something easier. This is something you just have to gauge yourself and you will pick it up as you gain experience. If you feel like you are taking too long to kill something, then you probably are.

The Xent Tech rifle is an ok weapon but quite overpriced for what you get. I would suggest you go with the Ozypyn BP S1x1 instead. Similar DPS and about 10x cheaper. Nice little noobie gun for when you outgrow your Barbarella.

First read this post.

Then

When you understand this information you'll have a leg up on most players.

Information you read or get from other people can be valuable but can also be total bs. Test things for yourself, this is the only way you'll be sure.

I recommend tracking your tt-in and tt-out so you know at all times what is going on.

@Katie Chalmers Thanks for the great advise on what to hunt and the Ozypyn BP S1x1 ( I got myself one plus the ArMatrix B-Amplifier 8P (L) to go with it for when I get there ), I am only BLP Pistoleer 3 so I got a cheapie that is in my level and started doing the starter missions from half moon cove to get my BLP up a bit.
The $5 I purchased before I had a mentor, if I had known then what I know now I would have definitely gone for the Gold Pack. My Evade is Lvl 7 at the moment so the max Mobs I take on are in the Argonaut Cave daily.

@Gopher thanks for the advise, I am staying away from bots at the moment as they hit hard and my dodge isn't that great, I am shooting some of them because of the enigma keys mission though.

@B-K pertaining to ROR I am assuming this statement is per sitting " I am starting to learn that I shouldn't hunt unless I can kill 500 of whatever it is that I am after. "
So also factoring in with ROR is what mobs drop, I am assuming to focus on MU ie: allot daily PED, calculate mob est. kills following hunting rule #1 within allocation including repairs.

Let me see if I understand the ROR on a hypothetical :

Current Bankroll
1500​
Daily Cycle
80​
Lower bound risk
70%​
Lower bound result
24​
AVG Markup
0,02​
102%​
Markup per day
1,12​
Lower bound result with markup
57,12​
Risk of Ruin with markup
1,40%​
62,5 Days @ 70% return before going broke

So if I understand this correctly, Apply "Hunting Rule #1" Stay within ROR daily allocation, do research on mobs before hunts to check HP pool and DMG.

Something I also read and am applying as far as possible is " Do not shoot anything if you don't have a quest for it " ( on this note if I have a mission to kill 300 Berycled, then I should accordingly shoot more (500+) and be sure it is within my daily allowance right ? ) and " Only use guns you have maxed as they are the most eco ", the last one I didn't quite understand until 2 days ago after having a look at the screech combat pistol ( have to be lvl 100 to use eco ).

Yes I do track TT in and out per mission but I don't think that really applies as the number of events are below threshold.

Maybe I should do a daily spreadsheet entry TT in and out to know what was spent on hunting and what on initial layouts etc.

Do the bronze and Iron missions still exist ?

I am also having a look at graduation gear, I see Pixie and Atlas get mentioned often and I see the different stats on the armour's though I am unsure on what planets they are relevant or if one is better than the other for Calypso mobs.

Loot Post 2.0 is very interesting and mainly comes back to #1 Hunting rule.

You should average more then 70% return for sure. I would also recommend getting the gold or platinum pack ... Hell, after almost 15 years of playing, I got the platinium starter pack, as I wanted the adjusted harrier armor for run speed, lol ...

Make sure you max everything before you use it, if in doubt, stick with the Barbarella for longer, you will also "side" skill other professions which isnt bad at all ...

Welcome to EU, its a loooong grind, but its fun :)

Maybe your mentor should have started with what to hunt and not how fast to raise your level.

At the moment, the Markup in the loot you are hunting for is much more important, because when hunting you will usually have about or over 90% return, and the information you read about Bankroll Management is from 2016, I'm not saying it's not useful, but simply that you will not have that 70% loss, if you hunt for a long time today. At least after 5 hours of hunting, my return is always about 90%, and during this time a good markup loot is collected from the hunt.

At the expense of smaller losses of 90% now, the spoils of mob have been reduced. There are mobs on Roktopia that do not yet have Codex missions and therefore have better loot, but the population of RT is not large and sales are very difficult.

I haven't hunted on Calypso for a long time, and I can't give you advice on what to hunt at this level, and I don't think there is a Markup for this level because of the majority of hunters who constantly beat the markup on the market.

I can recommend Paneleon in Cyrene or Yog in Monria to make you feel more comfortable with smaller losses as you gain more experience. TT pistols are very good for them, and also the damage they cause is quite low. With your 1500 ped bank you will feel much more comfortable on those mobs. The profit come mainly from the experience in this game, and you need that experience much more than bigger mobs.

If you want to use your maximum levels and want to play with Barbarella + A101 at the moment the most profitable will be Tiarak and Tide Claw. Tiarak is in Arkadia and Tide Claw is in Cyrene. For Tiarak, you may need the armor from the prize you will receive after you finish you mentoring, because they hit harder. But Tide Claw are slower and may not even hit you so often if you walk bakward while you shoot them. These two mobs have good markup that will help you on the loses.

Of course, these are the smallest mobs of this kind, but personally I would not recommend others at the moment.

It is important that the prey from the mob you are hunting has good markings with which to make a profit ... and not just shoot for a level.

Currently, the longer you hunt, the better the results. I personally hunt for about 10 hours to reach the limit of the loss for the day, after which, if I'm lucky, I hit something that kills this difference and my markup remains a profit. There are also days when the blow comes smaller, but again with the markup I get a small profit. Every other hunt shorter than 5-10 hours is a pure gamble for me, if you don't have that much time to play you have to rely on your luck.

No.

I am also having a look at graduation gear, I see Pixie and Atlas get mentioned often and I see the different stats on the armour's though I am unsure on what planets they are relevant or if one is better than the other for Calypso mobs.
In my opinion Atlas is by far the best graduation armor. You just have to click the graduation button (once at 100%) on Next Island and you'll get it. Atlas + plates can get you pretty far (2A > serpent > 5B).

From me to you:
  • Ignore rookie chat.
  • Filter out forum drama.
  • Your pedcard tells you what you should hunt, not your level.
  • Minimize your markup expenses, maximize your markup acquisition.
  • Markup spent doesn't get compensated back in loot. Decay does, to some extent.
  • Focus on getting markup and don't let missions blind you.
  • Never hunt on taxed LAs unless you can justify it clearly (with MU).
  • Always use fully maxed gear.
  • Having a good bankroll is far more important than having UL gear. (a.k.a. don't blow 80% of your budget on a gun).
  • Don't sell to resellers, don't buy from resellers. Stack materials and sell them yourself.
  • Collect your own data, do your own tests.
  • Research.

TT = Trade Terminal
Also used to refer to the base value of items (or TT value). Fixed.

MU = Markup
Added value over TT. Player value. Fluctuates.

Eco = dpp = dmg/pec = damage per pec (calculated)
Controls loot quality (better loot).

Eff = Efficiency (weapon parameter)
Controls loot quantity (more loot).

Bookmark
http://www.entropiawiki.com/
http://www.entropialife.com/
https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Entropia Universe

Last edited:
1) The question I have is I am currently hunting with the z12 and was wondering what level mobs I am supposed to be hunting ? I do want to get a A101 as well.

2) I read up that once I am lvl 11 which isn't to far away ( Laser sniper HIT lvl 8 at the moment ) I can/should get a Xent Tech Light Rifle X3 and amp, is this still the way to go or was I reading outdated info and if so please advise on more relevant if possible. Also what level should I be hunting when at this point.
You should have purchased the $30 GOLD pack, that ZX Sinkadus is invaluable for the pistol in Trade Terminal, Omegaton M2100A1 (L) and a dangerously eco combination. The TT pistol I get has high tier rates of 3000/4000 to get them to tier 10 economy enhanced for max DPP carnage, lol.

Anyways, back to the questions, mob levels for the Z12, anything between L2-4. Lv 5 might be pushing it without the A101.
THe Xent X3 + A102 is an excellent eco combination; I wouldn't recommend anything else if you want more kill time.

It would be best if you also had not chipped in Evade. You don't know Evade can get maxed on mobs; for example, an Lv3 Exa can't be evaded past Lv 8 Evader due to the Evade skill being capped at a minimum hit rate of 25%. Having Lv 10 Evader will have no more extra benefit beyond Lv8. Plus, the codex rewards would have been an excellent way to have grown your evader over a more extended period and for free :D.

Exarosaur young, punies at camp icarus, small daikiba, orthos bots, sisyphus bots, snablesnot are all good small mobs
These are some excellent suggestions, and there are several low-level mobs you can hunt for markup. However, Exarosaur, you'll be lucky to break even, let alone make a profit. To give you an idea, I have cycled close to 2500 ped on Exarsaurs at a DPP of 3.23, avg cost per kill 15.5-16 pecs, 97% TT returned and made about 60 ped profit. So how many kills was that? 15.6-16.1k kills to reach and maintain the 97% TT returned. These days you got to kill 1 mob between 10-20k times (loot variance was increased) before seeing average TT returns. There are days I lose -80 ped and days I make back the losses, so keep shooting.

First read this post.

Then

When you understand this information you'll have a leg up on most players.

Information you read or get from other people can be valuable but can also be total bs. Test things for yourself, this is the only way you'll be sure.

I recommend tracking your tt-in and tt-out so you know at all times what is going on.
Those notes are very misleading. Things have changed but they have not updated their own statements. I recommend just testing everything yourself, including decay values, which I may be inclined to do myself, seeing as I have so much fruit these days lol.

Let me see if I understand the ROR on a hypothetical :

Current Bankroll
1500​
Daily Cycle
80​
Lower bound risk
70%​
Lower bound result
24​
AVG Markup
0,02​
102%​
Markup per day
1,12​
Lower bound result with markup
57,12​
Risk of Ruin with markup
1,40%​
62,5 Days @ 70% return before going broke

So if I understand this correctly, Apply "Hunting Rule #1" Stay within ROR daily allocation, do research on mobs before hunts to check HP pool and DMG.

Something I also read and am applying as far as possible is " Do not shoot anything if you don't have a quest for it " ( on this note if I have a mission to kill 300 Berycled, then I should accordingly shoot more (500+) and be sure it is within my daily allowance right ? ) and " Only use guns you have maxed as they are the most eco ", the last one I didn't quite understand until 2 days ago after having a look at the screech combat pistol ( have to be lvl 100 to use eco ).

Yes I do track TT in and out per mission but I don't think that really applies as the number of events are below threshold.

Maybe I should do a daily spreadsheet entry TT in and out to know what was spent on hunting and what on initial layouts etc.

Loot Post 2.0 is very interesting and mainly comes back to #1 Hunting rule.
I don't think Argo cave mobs are profitable; apart from the daily tokens, and cost 1 ped each to kill, it might get tough on your ped card if you take a few bad runs. You should test out the bots at Ft Sisyphus, especially the defenders, test them real good before you dismiss them. This is why the Planet Arkadia disciple armour set Musca Adj is a great all-rounder for animals and bots. I prefer Musca still over many newer sets; Atlas (NI) is also a nice set. These are the only sets I'd recommend from mentorship is Musca Adj and Atlas. If you don't want to hunt bots (at all), then pick NI's Atlas set. Do not get the Pixie Adj set :(.

Most hunters should achieve an average TT return of 95%. If they are not, it's cause they didn't kill 10-20k mobs yet, and if they take too many losses in the process, they will never get to the % they need because they were stopped out or quit midway. I've seen this happen way too many times.

Bronze/Iron style quests no longer exist on planets with codex introduced on them as the codex system replaced the old-style kill quests.

My sheet if you need a head start > How To Survive EU Log

Latest Hunting Meta
Just so you know, we are currently on Loot 2.1 and not Loot 2.0. I'm not sure why people keep referring back to that old information. When looter skills were introduced, it replaced Efficiency's dominant 7% rule. Efficiency now only plays a 1-2% based on TT, over lesser Efficiency setups based on a median of 64.29% EFF. So the real takeaway is MAX Damage Per Pec / DPS, Looter skills around a median Lv of 35.72, with efficiency no lower than 64.29%, with over 10k kills. Again, I'll repeat it once more, use the highest DPP for that DPS range possible, regardless of the Efficiency rating (but try not to go below 64.29%) and skill Looter as quickly as possible using codex rewards.

The tables below are taken from my How To Survive (The Best Entropian) Hunting Guide, no longer available on the forums.

Pick these from codex to get a head start skilling looter skills.
PerceptionContributes 09% to all looter prof's (Pick 1st from quest rewards)
AlertnessContributes 06% to all looter prof's (Pick 2nd from quest rewards)
AnalysisContributes 05% to all looter prof's (Pick 3rd from quest rewards)
DexterityContributes 03% to all looter prof's (Pick 4th from quest rewards)

Do not even bother picking Evader related skills, unless you want more HP.
Athletics (533/HP)Contributes 14% towards your evader (Pick 1st from quest rewards)
Combat Reflexes (1600/HP)Contributes 11% towards your evader (Pick 2nd from quest rewards)
Courage (320/HP)Contributes 07% towards your evader (Pick 3rd from quest rewards)
AlertnessContributes 05% towards your evader (Pick 4th from quest rewards)

You should average more then 70% return for sure. I would also recommend getting the gold or platinum pack ... Hell, after almost 15 years of playing, I got the platinium starter pack, as I wanted the adjusted harrier armor for run speed, lol ...

Make sure you max everything before you use it, if in doubt, stick with the Barbarella for longer, you will also "side" skill other professions which isnt bad at all ...

Welcome to EU, its a loooong grind, but its fun :)
The gold pack has the speed buff armour, Zx amp; you don't need anything else from Platinum; the ZX Eagle isn't even worth getting (after many tests) even with its absurd 100% eff rating.

I can recommend Paneleon in Cyrene or Yog in Monria to make you feel more comfortable with smaller losses as you gain more experience. TT pistols are very good for them, and also the damage they cause is quite low. With your 1500 ped bank you will feel much more comfortable on those mobs. The profit come mainly from the experience in this game, and you need that experience much more than bigger mobs.

If you want to use your maximum levels and want to play with Barbarella + A101 at the moment the most profitable will be Tiarak and Tide Claw. Tiarak is in Arkadia and Tide Claw is in Cyrene. For Tiarak, you may need the armor from the prize you will receive after you finish you mentoring, because they hit harder. But Tide Claw are slower and may not even hit you so often if you walk bakward while you shoot them. These two mobs have good markup that will help you on the loses.

Of course, these are the smallest mobs of this kind, but personally I would not recommend others at the moment.

It is important that the prey from the mob you are hunting has good markings with which to make a profit ... and not just shoot for a level.

Currently, the longer you hunt, the better the results. I personally hunt for about 10 hours to reach the limit of the loss for the day, after which, if I'm lucky, I hit something that kills this difference and my markup remains a profit. There are also days when the blow comes smaller, but again with the markup I get a small profit. Every other hunt shorter than 5-10 hours is a pure gamble for me, if you don't have that much time to play you have to rely on your luck.
I'd listen to Deemer whenever he posts on forums, very knowledgeable and an insightful person :p.

Last edited:
No.

In my opinion Atlas is by far the best graduation armor. You just have to click the graduation button (once at 100%) on Next Island and you'll get it. Atlas + plates can get you pretty far (2A > serpent > 5B).

From me to you:
  • Ignore rookie chat.
  • Filter out forum drama.
  • Your pedcard tells you what you should hunt, not your level.
  • Minimize your markup expenses, maximize your markup acquisition.
  • Markup spent doesn't get compensated back in loot. Decay does, to some extent.
  • Focus on getting markup and don't let missions blind you.
  • Never hunt on taxed LAs unless you can justify it clearly (with MU).
  • Always use fully maxed gear.
  • Having a good bankroll is far more important than having UL gear. (a.k.a. don't blow 80% of your budget on a gun).
  • Don't sell to resellers, don't buy from resellers. Stack materials and sell them yourself.
  • Collect your own data, do your own tests.
  • Research.

TT = Trade Terminal
Also used to refer to the base value of items (or TT value). Fixed.

MU = Markup
Added value over TT. Player value. Fluctuates.

Eco = dpp = dmg/pec = damage per pec (calculated)
Controls loot quality (better loot).

Eff = Efficiency (weapon parameter)
Controls loot quantity (more loot).

Bookmark
http://www.entropiawiki.com/
http://www.entropialife.com/
https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Entropia Universe
You can't go wrong with anything said above; they are excellent overall/general advice; you can listen to Angel as well as Deemer :p.

reading above all is nice,i would insist on

leave rookie channel <-- TOP advice uyou can have as a new player

Regarding the xent tech Rifle... it is not worth...
Enhancer break cost with Z12 is negligible, so TIER UP the barbarella for small monster and later in game to TAG
(you can se the highest lvl player tagging with z12 in some video... dont use a plasma to tag....)
Z12 with 3 tier slots open is like a X3 and cost you 20% of the latter.

take LOOTER path (see above) never waste codex reward in evader or combat skills
perception > anatomy > alertness to rise looter as fast as you can

as per creatures to kill...
sort on entropiawiki creatures by HP of lowest maturity smaller to biggest and kill them
in icarus you can find as said above daikiba caudatergus, berycled, tripudion
if you bring all of them to end codex 25 you will be strong enough to move further.

Study blueprints formula to see what is the REAL use of the items dropped by monsters

rely on random generator for multipliers, puny are different, but as you rise to level 3 monster
expect a global every 200 300 creatures... it is not profit .... it is statistics... dotn get fooled by swirlies

as per level of mosnter... evader level let you be hit less... kill monster some level under your evader
(i recommend 5...10 ...20 level under it) and later under level 20 to minimize swings

find the time to study loot tables in entropiawiki or on mobile app. some monster are just.....USELESS to kill

Argo cave... do it once for mission as it is level 3 monster. level 5 are strong and not worth at start.
kill them just if you start farming argo at twin peak for codex.

Ok Great, my evader is L8 I think so I should be hunting L3 mobs max.

Looter Path, I will definitely start working on that. I was told to always take athletics and evade but looter makes more sense as the 2.1 mechanic.

I have never tiered up a weapon. I will have to look into that at some much later stage or will that affect my immediate small mob hunting as well ?

"in icarus you can find as said above daikiba caudatergus, berycled, tripudion
if you bring all of them to end codex 25 you will be strong enough to move further."

So Puny -> L3 until I have all they're codex's at 25 is that right ?

Ok Great, my evader is L8 I think so I should be hunting L3 mobs max.

Looter Path, I will definitely start working on that. I was told to always take athletics and evade but looter makes more sense as the 2.1 mechanic.

I have never tiered up a weapon. I will have to look into that at some much later stage or will that affect my immediate small mob hunting as well ?
You can tier up low-level items, but it isn't encouraged because of the cost of the enhancers themselves, but if you can find a way to negate the cost, using economy enhancers IMO is amazing for low-level players, but for slow hitting weapons such as rifles though, not pistols, as the losses are doubled.

Last edited:
"in icarus you can find as said above daikiba caudatergus, berycled, tripudion
if you bring all of them to end codex 25 you will be strong enough to move further."

So Puny -> L3 until I have all they're codex's at 25 is that right ?
Puny mobs, not so much, they don't give anything substantial. You can hunt any mob with either L3 or Young-Mature or between 40-60 hp, 20000 times.

The rule with weapon setups is trying to use 1/10 the mobs' hp in DPS. So if the mob has 50 hp, try using 5 DPS at range. If the mob has 70 hp, try using a 7 DPS setup. Z12 does somewhere between 5-6 DPS, so my advice, like Msturlese said, and a few people, is to hunt things based on health and bankroll.

Hunting mobs between 40-60 hp will help your bankroll last much longer and see stable returns in the long term. To add a caveat, mobs in that hp range will have a standard deficit of no more than -100 peds; after that, the curve reverses until you get it all back, and it repeats itself. Learning this deficit is critical for any mob to be profitable. Once you are on the reverse and have completed your Codex, you can choose to leave that mob for another mob.

Last edited:
as you reach tier 0.99 on the Barb, a message will pop. you then choose "tier upgrade" from inbventory, and it shows some items that are needed, 100% success
you must have the material to upgrade in storage or inventory and you can "Tier up " the item, opening a slot

Now the enhancer part
"break" of enhancers is determined based on decay value so on low level weapons (sorry Rufen it changed some VU ago break less
same happens for "Slow vs fast" fire rate weapons, it is now ALL based on decay so use Accuracy or Economy to enhance DPP and get better loot

Damage enhacners are not worth if you dont need more firepower, with damage enhancers you gain 10% DPS, but consume 10% more ammo....... no free lunch :)

Without interfering in your dispute, I am almost certain that I broke almost the same number of enhancers with armatrix and daily weapons during the Mayhem. So without being aware of my accuracy, I rather think the chances depend on how much a shot costs.

Yes, break rate scales with the utility so to speak (decay + ammo burn).
Also, the break rate of damage enhancers (and I think all enhancers) is significantly lower in L vs UL. Don't have enough data to give an exact number but it's seems to be somewhere between 2 to 4x higher break rate in UL.
So using damage enhancers in L weapons is a cheap way to get more DPS.

as you reach tier 0.99 on the Barb, a message will pop. you then choose "tier upgrade" from inbventory, and it shows some items that are needed, 100% success
you must have the material to upgrade in storage or inventory and you can "Tier up " the item, opening a slot

Now the enhancer part
"break" of enhancers is determined based on decay value so on low level weapons (sorry Rufen it changed some VU ago break less
same happens for "Slow vs fast" fire rate weapons, it is now ALL based on decay so use Accuracy or Economy to enhance DPP and get better loot

Damage enhacners are not worth if you dont need more firepower, with damage enhancers you gain 10% DPS, but consume 10% more ammo....... no free lunch :)
I wouldn't say anything without having tested it thoroughly. I'm aware of that statement, hence why I tested out a TT pistol T10 eco; cycling around 2500 ped, I lost 5 enhs. The break rate was the 500 ped mark. The TT pistol itself barely decays, let alone with T10 eco enhs and a P20 attached to it.

I'm confident if I had used a Bukin, the break rate would be around the 800-900 ped mark, I just do not have enough data to support it. But so far as I can tell, even if enhancer breaking is connected to wep decay, you would still see 1 enhancer break on a low-level rifle every 700-900 ped mark for slower weps.

Just to give you an idea of the avg markup cost for either enhancer.

Economy Enhancers
500 ped per break = 100.60% @ 1000 ped per break its 100.30%.
Accuracy Enhancers
500 ped per break = 100.40% @ 1000 ped per break its 100.20%.

Last edited:
Yes, break rate scales with the utility so to speak (decay + ammo burn).
Also, the break rate of damage enhancers (and I think all enhancers) is significantly lower in L vs UL. Don't have enough data to give an exact number but it's seems to be somewhere between 2 to 4x higher break rate in UL.
So using damage enhancers in L weapons is a cheap way to get more DPS.
I also heard that enhancers on L items last twice as long vs UL items, but that doesn't confirm my findings unless the rate of fire is the main factor here. I have had more breaks on an L item vs a UL item; both items have similar DPP and efficiency ratings; the only difference after those is the rate of fire/hits per minute. So if he wants to tier up a gun and use eco or accuracy enhancers, it's best to use it on a slow firing weapon, whether that's L or UL. Just my 2 pecs.

Last edited:
Break rate is very random, you need a lot of data to draw any conclusions.

Decay vs. ammo burn doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure of that. Otherwise enhancers on CDF would never break and melee would be useless.

I'm also pretty sure rate of fire doesn't matter. Not anymore at least.

I just want to thank everyone for the valuable advice given here. It will help me allot going forward and making the decisions to be able to enjoy the Universe.

I just want to thank everyone for the valuable advice given here. It will help me allot going forward and making the decisions to be able to enjoy the Universe.
If you need any otherwise, just ask.

Exarosaurs on Calypso, Vixens on Rocktropia, and daily missions on Next Island are your best bet for profit at the Z12 level. In fact, those will be the most profitable mobs you can hunt for a very long time, so don't rush to move beyond them until you are ready to invest well over 100K into hunting gear.

I agree with the above recommendations to get a bigger starter pack to get the amp, but don't forget the scope and sights as well - they can marginally improve your Efficiency % as well as your overall skillgains.

All in all; good luck and enjoy the game.

Exarosaurs on Calypso, Vixens on Rocktropia, and daily missions on Next Island are your best bet for profit at the Z12 level. In fact, those will be the most profitable mobs you can hunt for a very long time, so don't rush to move beyond them until you are ready to invest well over 100K into hunting gear.

I agree with the above recommendations to get a bigger starter pack to get the amp, but don't forget the scope and sights as well - they can marginally improve your Efficiency % as well as your overall skillgains.

All in all; good luck and enjoy the game.
I agree on the mob selections for early players to profit, there are other alternatives that I'll keep quiet.
But I disagree with using attachments that generate extra decay with no extra dmg but add efficiency.
Using these items will increase the mob dropping more shrapnel and reduce the avg markup gained.

Last edited:
Don't TT shrapnel, use it .
Better never TT anything, try to sell it.

f2p

FREE TO PLAY

(A few ways to play free these days):

Arkadia Moon now has a daily mission that lets you get 2 ped Universal Ammo free (well free if you run around and collect the 10 way points and terminals near each at roughly 20-30 minutes per day)

Note: since time video above was made the main area around the TP where you do this has changed a little, so it looks a little different than in the video, but not much. Also, note that the area in the corners of the fence near the dome now have little areas your avatar can run through (didn't notice that originally - think devs may have updated that in a recent vu?... so makes running towards the 10th wp way easier than it was previously... Suspect a post I recently put on Arkadia Forum got that change happening or I was just too silly to notice it before?)

https://www.monria.com/forum/threads/arkadia-moon.5324/
Moon daily extractor waypoints. These can be pasted into the chat, and then made into a in game sticky note to assist with tracking.
/wp [Arkadia Moon, 10959, 10078, 107, Waypoint]
/wp [Arkadia Moon, 10793, 10059, 108, Waypoint]
/wp [Arkadia Moon, 10713, 10225, 112, Waypoint]

/wp [Arkadia Moon, 10479, 10430, 81, Waypoint]
/wp [Arkadia Moon, 9960, 10240, 110, Waypoint]
/wp [Arkadia Moon, 10027, 9971, 133, Waypoint]

/wp [Arkadia Moon, 9916, 9672, 112, Waypoint]
/wp [Arkadia Moon, 10042, 9151, 129, Waypoint]
/wp [Arkadia Moon, 10313, 9107, 115, Waypoint]
/wp [Arkadia Moon, 10392, 9280, 127, Waypoint]

NOTE: IF YOU DO THE METEORITE SAMPLE MISSION WEAR THE PTECH PROTECTION HEADGEAR, NOT THE GASMASK!
(Gasmask will let you die in the auto-die in the Meteorites' radiation)

====================
Get tired of the Moon, go get a Wolpertinger on Cyrene and sell it... and while there if you don't mind getting naked, head down to the hub and pick up some lime green stuff.

At my request Cyrene recently reduced weight of maze hammers dramatically... so now you can carry an arsenal of maze hammers and not go slow due to weight limits... (nice since they give you a slight acceleration buff... of course I'm already maxed on that due to my adjusted harrier and ring, but hey, nice to have options in case I want to change clothes sometime.)

maze.jpg

=================
Getting bored of Cyrene and Ark Moon, go visit Rocktropia..

When you are on RT and are not hunting AI you can also hit the beer garden, the little pvp zones near n00bs club and the Arctic oil rigs as well as other rig to get a few oil, etc. Same type of thing on other planets too...

In other words get your avatar's ass off of Calypso and go explore.

(got to admit double skill bonus for old missions and new mission tracker thing on Calypso is nice, but that's not going to be Calypso's advantage forever... besides that, if you are here to play free this shouldn't be much of a concern since skill prices are crap nowadays anyways.)

(P.S. I've purposefully left quotes out of this post so that I and others can quote this post with all links intact, etc. )

---------------------
If you get tired of the freebies Monria has a daily crafting and taming mission. Toulan does as well and it's mission is cheaper since it's tab tab. Toulan also has a forest of trees that you can harvest near the Jellyzone and a blueprint in the technician that lets you craft butt joints all day using only harvested stuf... who needs to pay markup to miners or hunters when you can rely on the trees all day to get yousomething to do. May not be as cheap in markup as the explosive crafting, but fairly close, also it allows you to potentially loot some interesting blueprints.

but on the other hand...

buy low, sell high. Most days you won't make too much profit, but some others you may. In some sales I have made over 3k ped in one transaction, but yes, that does not happen daily. Be persistent.

Also remember money is time...

You can do things like the Arkadia Moon running to get 2 peds per day, but it'll cost you about 20 minutes a day 7 days a week. Is it worth your time in real life to do that? For some it is, for others, mainly most folks, probably not. (2 ped per day x 7 days a week=1.40 USD in universal ammo per week if you do that mission daily. 1.40 per week x 52.1428571 weeks a year = 72.99999 so you can roughly make roughly 72.00 per year just doing that without spending anything other than the cost to get to the Arkadia moon, but it'll be universal ammo so you'll lose some of it as you hunt or mine it down.. of course at roughly 20 minutes per day that'd be about 365x20 minutes i.e. 7,300 minutes of your life or 121.66666 hours of your life used that year to acquire that 72 usd in universal ammo.... Is it worth your time to spend 3.04 work weeks out of a year (40 hours per week) te get 72.00 usd?... (I do personally do that Ark moon thing from time to time but I work on raising my pet skills when I do it otherwise it's no skills the whole 20 minutes or so. I also hunt the little mob next to the extractors so I burn the ammo as soon as I get it, lol) )

(crap maybe I should go back to playing Mir 4 after calculating this all out - at least in that game you can skill afk and get draco but price of draco has fallen a lot since September. I quit playing that game a while ago when real life sucked away my time... in that game if you do the magic square and mountain instance it'll be four 30 minute sessions to mine daily or 2 hours of your life sucked away daily for about 10-12k of darksteel per day to use to upgrade gear or save up to sell off for draco. You have to have 500,000 darksteel worth of draco to fort it in to draco I believe, so it's probably more of a drain on real life time than Ark moon running - at least moon running is only 20 minutes a day, not 2 hours a day.... I do still watch draco price. If it ever goes back up to 5 usd per draco it may be worth it but now at just over one usd per draco it's jut not worth the energy even though you can set it up so a lot of it is afk - the mining there is NOT afk as you have to constantly protect your nodes from pk)

You can sweat forever and grind vixen til the end of time or try to play the game at a higher, smarter level. The choice is yours. Just remember you haven't lost peds til after you sell below the price it took you to gain whatever it is you are selling. Sometimes it's worth doing that to reduce inventory and manage things better, other times not so much.

Opportunities knock often, but sometimes, many times actually, those could potentially be scams. Be careful out there and remember to have fun. After all it's just a game. ;)

To add a caveat, mobs in that hp range will have a standard deficit of no more than -100 peds; after that, the curve reverses until you get it all back, and it repeats itself. Learning this deficit is critical for any mob to be profitable. Once you are on the reverse and have completed your Codex, you can choose to leave that mob for another mob.
Whoa, this is a totally alien idea to me. Can you elaborate a little to help me understand?

Back