Newcomer.

Ceyla

Society
Zen
Ceymora Ceyla Larisso
Hi all.

My in-game name is Ceyla.

Just started playing this game a day ago and I am not doing so hot on my own

I am pretty new to MMO's as well, so I am not sure how all this works.

It appears that the best way for me, a non-paying player to advance, is to get help from a Society that could mentor me.

I am based in Pacific Coast time zone and could really use some help

Thanks

you may be interested in my guide also, see signature :)

welcome

just an advice from another newbie (i started in december): having no money in this game is extremely frustrating, as you'll always be a begger or a very low level player, never really in the society activity etc /

make a small deposit (the price of a normal video game, $30-50) and you'll really enjoy it!
and get a good mentor to learn you how to make the money last longer... or even forever ;) real good mentors are busy ingame, and not always in this forum unfortunatelly

if you plan to play more than a few weeks or month, you better deposit $100 - thats 1000 ped and with that you can buy good (economic) gear and almost break even

good luck and... be patient (survival rule #1)

I would not advise depositing anything until you are confident you know what you are doing because you can loose a lot extremely quickly if you don't know what your doing.

It's a bit of a catch 22. If you don't deposit it's true that your options are very much limited at the start.

However at the start what you want to be doing is sweating, exploring, joining a newbie friendly society etc just to get to know the game. The newbie oilrig would also be a good option for you.

There is a lot to this game and it just takes time to figure out. My advice would be to be patient and take things slowly. You'll enjoy it that much more, like eating ice-cream slowly :)

About making a deposit.

Unfortunately I am currently unemployed, so paying to play is not a realistic option for me right now.

All I can do is grind and work on getting better.

Thank you Alice

I am reading your guide now and appreciate the help.

So it appears that I should start by choosing a mentor as opposed to joining a group is that correct?

I am reading your guide now and appreciate the help.

So it appears that I should start by choosing a mentor as opposed to joining a group is that correct?
hmm

no, not really

a good soc can substitute a mentor
this applies especially for active socs
since the mentor can't be around all the time having more people to ask is definitely a plus

it often this comes as a deal package as well, get a mentor and get in his soc for the same time for example

in either case, getting a mentor has the advantage of having a more experienced person to ask pretty much immediately, who can help on finding socs for example and give pointers already
while getting into a soc can take a bit longer

from my mentoring experience, especially the first week or say two weeks are crucial
thats the time when most questions arise, afterwards you will likely need the mentor less often

a soc can however do a similar job information wise
when my soc was more active i had people from pretty much all around the globe on it and covered most times people were online, so my disciples had someone to ask when i wasn't around
that worked pretty well :)

one main point, although it shouldnt be the only reason to get a mentor, is that you get an adjusted pixie set plus a funky car when you graduate (the mentor gets some gift as well, can vary however)
if you skill anyway its a nice bonus :)

whats better in the end is hard to answer
in the best case, you find a nice mentor as well as nice soc :D

...a good soc can substitute a mentor
this applies especially for active socs...

In Drop Zone we take care of our own regardles who the mentor is. Even if said mentor isnt a member.
I would second that advice that an active society is the fastest way to get an answer to your questions.
Also a great backup if you need a rescue.
GL out there :)

Back