Newcomers to eu / rocktopia

kr4zy

Old
Society
NBK Squadron
Paul crazy robson
I see quite a few posts now from newcomers and even friends of mine in RL that are new to the whole entropia universe - rocktopia (real economy game) most of these players are complaining to me (friends i suggested) or in forum posts with this new saying.

(I started in rocktopia i sweated till i got enough for a TT gun and ammo used it all killing the women with the nice asses and now i have nothing "what do i do now")

IMO i think it should be made clear to new players when starting on EU to start on calypso.

1) Rocktopia has not long been running and the cost for a return trip is so expensive it puts people off going.

2) Newbies come to a brand new planet what is not running at its highest like calypso so lower loots and hardly anyone running around is sure to put them off.

3) Even a basic newbie miner who relys on the selling to mine strategy would find it so hard to get much of a MU on ore's/enmatters from rocktopia with that lack of players and massive auction transfer costs.

4) calypso is full of people willing to tech newbies how to make their life so much better while playing (try to find a few on rocktopia!) its lambs to the slaughter.

This is not a rant its just my opinion. All of the new players that select rocktopia as their starting planet should be warned that>

1) You will not find many people about
2) There is not many mobs ATM
3) If you would like to visit a populated area like calypso thats 40 peds please
4) oh you want to mine CND thats 50 peds to get there
5) If you need a OA-105 the transfer fairy will charge you more than the MU itself just to deliver it.

All comments would be nice just to see what other people think.

Don't flame me because i have an opinion.

Mind my spelling i should have went to school lmao!!!!!

GL to everyone!

Reactions: Ozi
You make some very valid points there, as it is now it probably is a more challenging place for a new player to get started.

The best thing you can do is to spread the word that there are new players looking to spend on Rocktropia. When I visited Rocktropia, I was short on time so just asked in white chat for someone to show me around - bingo I had two people offer to run me to the tp's - so there are people around who will help. I also paid the player who took his time to show me around, so maybe your friends can learn where everything is then offer guided tours (better to ask for donations after the tour than charge up front).

I'm sure things will build over time on Rocktropia, remind your friends they are part of the early history of the planet, so they will grow with the planet.

(I started in rocktopia i sweated till i got enough for a TT gun and ammo used it all killing the women with the nice asses and now i have nothing "what do i do now")
Just go complain to the local landlord who once advertised the travel expense between all planets as being free ;)

Now you must try to pimmmm those woman with nice asses instead of killing them .. oh that sound wrong !

rocktropia = dead

rocktropia is dead, forget it... Neverdie and Lemmmy from Motorhead just started a dying business;

sweat system is ruined, the company wants you only to donate - the more the better, then they will take ~80% away from you; get ready to "pay through your nose"... this is Real Cash Economy, baby!

:yay:

Rocktropia compensates atm for its shortcomings by offering a flee market each weekend. Official Rocktropia avis buy all the loot from players at market value.
This is a great effort in helping out noobs to break even and understand how to survive by getting little extra profit from markup.

I see quite a few posts now from newcomers and even friends of mine in RL that are new to the whole entropia universe - rocktopia (real economy game) most of these players are complaining to me (friends i suggested) or in forum posts with this new saying.

IMO i think it should be made clear to new players when starting on EU to start on calypso.

1) Rocktopia has not long been running and the cost for a return trip is so expensive it puts people off going.

2) Newbies come to a brand new planet what is not running at its highest like calypso so lower loots and hardly anyone running around is sure to put them off.

3) Even a basic newbie miner who relys on the selling to mine strategy would find it so hard to get much of a MU on ore's/enmatters from rocktopia with that lack of players and massive auction transfer costs.

4) calypso is full of people willing to tech newbies how to make their life so much better while playing (try to find a few on rocktopia!) its lambs to the slaughter.

This is not a rant its just my opinion. All of the new players that select rocktopia as their starting planet should be warned that>

1) You will not find many people about
2) There is not many mobs ATM
3) If you would like to visit a populated area like calypso thats 40 peds please
4) oh you want to mine CND thats 50 peds to get there
5) If you need a OA-105 the transfer fairy will charge you more than the MU itself just to deliver it.

All comments would be nice just to see what other people think.

Don't flame me because i have an opinion.

Mind my spelling i should have went to school lmao!!!!!

GL to everyone!

I'm sure when Entropia first started running it was similar to rocktropia and people survived. It's not great I'm sure but telling them to start on Calypso just because its easier in my opinion isn't necessarily that wise.

There are some new players that take their time with learnign the game. they talk about stuff ask questions and usually do just fine but even on Calypso there are players who sweat to buy a gun and ammo and imediately go waste it hunting the nearest mob, whatever that happens to be.

When I got my first gun and ammo I asked someone what was the easiest mob to kill. Almost all MMO's have a hierarchy of mobs. Surely it makes sense to find out which ones are easiest before shooting the nearest one?

Admittedly markups on rocktropia arn't great but telling the players not to start there is only going to make it worse. The more players get established there the sooner we will start to see some good markups.

Like Calyps0's early days. They have to build up the economy as it was done here. Tough job, but potentialy rewarding in the long run.
RT needs them.

only question -WHY??!!

WHY do you need to FEED neverdie ??? why do you need to DONATE your money, seeing how it is all STOLEN on Calypso !?? answer a simple question - why are YOU willing to pay for other people mistakes and then some more to FEED THEIR BUSINESS ? are you MASOCHISTS ? or FOOLS ?:scratch2:

WHY do you need to FEED neverdie ??? why do you need to DONATE your money, seeing how it is all STOLEN on Calypso !?? answer a simple question - why are YOU willing to pay for other people mistakes and then some more to FEED THEIR BUSINESS ? are you MASOCHISTS ? or FOOLS ?:scratch2:

and WHY do YOU NEED to POST here, if you NEED to GO THINK before you WRITE please :computer:

why do u bother playing entropia?

Why do WE have TO PAY for ANYHTING in this LIFE? Why can't WE just HAVE ANYTHING for FREE?
WHY can't i HAVE my OWN castle and all BILLS payed for the rest of my LIFE. And FOOD on my TABLE too, and only the best WINES too please. Oh, and bring me SOME CIGARS. CUBAN. And a HAREM.

why do u bother playing entropia?
He is MASOCHIST.

I think it's good if Rocktropia gets a share of the new players so the planet can envolve and grow, EU needs the planets such as Rocktropia to grow.

Rocktropia compensates atm for its shortcomings by offering a flee market each weekend. Official Rocktropia avis buy all the loot from players at market value.
This is a great effort in helping out noobs to break even and understand how to survive by getting little extra profit from markup.

By interfering in the market in this way, they reduce the opportunities for genuine traders, which hinders the development of a sustainable trade base on Rocktropia.

Rocktropia needs to be more accessible or it will continue to suffer from a low population, which means that new players will be better off coming to Calypso, which means the population will stay low - it's a vicious circle.

Here's my solution/suggestion:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...e-essential-survival-new-planets-discuss.html

I have a different opinion than Oleg.
It's not that we actually need to ease the travelling between planets. What the planets have to do is try to compete against eachother with cool events, rewards, a fun content, more options, difference, and attract more players with advertisement.

The return rates on RT are dictated the same way it is on Calypso by MA.
There may not be massive content set in place yet on RT but the economy is still ruled by MA so the finacial aspects cant be put on ND.

If loot is less on RT it is Ma's doing..If there is not much to do on RT to get loot that is RT's design teams doing.

From the sounds of it there are people trying to help and boost the economy there with that flea market..you dont see that here on Calypso just resellers undercutting the MU to make their money.

Hell if the ones buying at Market rate are willing to do that for everyone for a while and not just nubs I am sure that economy could grow quite rapidly in a reasonably short time. That would be rather hard in a long term but with most MU's in the shitter they could pheasably in time recover losses as the economy recovers and MU's rise back up a little.

I posted this on my Rocktropia Mineral survey in response to some negativity as far as life and loot on Rocktropia. I will repost it here as it mostly applies to mining...but has some ring of truth here too. So, forgive the mining stuff spattered inside....and read for the main idea.

|||Repost begins here from

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/rocktropia/189759-rocktropia-mineral-survey-log-3.html |||

I understand the frustration, and I was about to give up myself at one time, but...

...you know, many folks had the same complaints when Calypso was young. Mobs are too hard, minerals are too deep, crafting costs way too much. This is a newborn planet with many things to be discovered and many challenges to overcome. The depth at which lyst becomes a minority mineral is one of those challenges. For those of us willing to explore and invest the time and energy into exploration and finding sweet spots--the rewards will come...

Let's think back to newborn calypso for a moment. The days when Buzz Lightyear, Warants, Neverdie, Stryker, Neomaven, Star....etc etc blazed trails on that new planet; back when these folks were mere mortals. They all invested time, money, skills, and sweat into taking advantage of the opportunity to grow up with a new planet--a new game.

This, my friends, is Rocktropia. Unlearn what you have learned on Calypso. This is a new ballgame. There are new things to find, new techniques for mining that reward you as you go deeper, harder, faster (much like your woman rewards you on a Friday night, no?).

...so, when I see the complaints--I understand. We have all gotten used to the easy life on Calypso and many have never endured what it was like in the begining; when life itself was a struggle on the planet.

I am in on the ground floor, baby and the line for the next in game immortals list starts behind me.

With all that being said:

Traders-- If you build it, they will come. I understand the frustration, believe me I do, but...if hunters and miners say "screw it" and don't come because there are no traders--traders will not come because there are no hunters and miners. If miners refuse to go deep, then they will never find the diversity under that rich soil.

Mob Density-- Yup, in some spots there is a wicked density of mobs. In other spots, I haven't spotted a single life form for 200 drops. I wouldn't mine in those densities, just like most folks won't mine certain domes on CND, or certain LAs on Calypso...pick your spot and mine away.

|||End repost||

Calypso was no different. Everyone had to go out and find what was looting and take advantage of it. The fact that some folks haven't figured it out yet does not make Rocktropia bad... Just like Calypso was not bad...just new. The fact that traders are not coming much--that is their loss.

Further, it is a myth that things are not looting on Rocktropia and it is not worth starting out on. There are noob sweat camps right outside of town...and we take a hands on approach to teaching them....not quests. Mobs are globaling and hoffing....as well as mining and crafting. Pop Dragons are looting as well as hoggolo. I have hit both amped and unamped globals mining. I have hit plenty of energized crystals, solis beans, dianthus, and other decent enmats.

Another myth is that there are no people there. There is a sweat camp on the outskirts of City of Dreams at almost all times of the day with plenty of sweaters. Mobs sweat decent. I have not gone on a hunt yet where I have failed to run into someone out mining or hunting and I have never logged in to emptiness at the main TP in COD.

The only truth is that traders have not taken advantage of things on the Rock. This will change, eventually. I can say from experience the loot pool is strong! I have looted quite well in the last couple of days. ESIs were plentiful and I have an arsenal of ZK3s and ZK4s in storage. As for minerals--I gather a few K at a time and bring what crafters on planet do not want to calypso. It costs me 40 each way, but the nice MU on the enmatters hit makes up for it.

The ground floor folks....Rocktropia is on the ground floor and the elevator only goes up. I suggest you retool the brain and think of ways to take advantage of a new and growing planet.

I have a different opinion than Oleg.
It's not that we actually need to ease the travelling between planets. What the planets have to do is try to compete against eachother with cool events, rewards, a fun content, more options, difference, and attract more players with advertisement.

Bingo...

Missions anyone? ;)

I'm sure things will build over time on Rocktropia, remind your friends they are part of the early history of the planet, so they will grow with the planet.

You're sure about that?

Really?

You're sure? :scratch2:

If you think about it, there is a conspicious lack of Promotion of ROCktropia on EF, that is because we are not focused on Distracting the Existing Community from Calypso, of course we Love to See you there, but we are focused on our newborns and Content Development and marketing partners...

We Know that it's expensive to travel back and forth from Calypso and that at this time the ROCktropia economy is embryonic and does not yet really justify or support mass Interstellar travel

Many Systems fundemental to the entire Entropia universe, have taken precedence over RT basic Content and that is something we support even though its a little tough for our fledgling World..

However we are not idle, our little community is having alot of fun doing the simple stuff, sweating, boxing, dreaming and pioneering..

When the Next VU comes, a little more of what is at the heart of ROCKtropia will become apparent..

It may take a couple more VU's before RT can be taken out of the incubator and it will be truly ready for settlement..

For now I will say that its developing and I'm very optomistic that it will flourish, but I don't desire to try to hype anyone, I think you will hear the call yourselves, when the time is right..

But the Heart of ROCKtropia is still beating, Like a Drum, not skipping a beat, perfectly in time...

oh and of course the Space Pirates are the Ones banging the Drum!!!:laugh:

I've been to RT a few times since its arrival and it is progressing. There are quite a few things I like about it and I would stick around if the local economy was better now I just end up packing up my loot and heading back to Calypso.

It will be interesting to see how it unfolds as well as the FPC sale.
It sort of reminds me of the early days of Calypso when you could really get lost for days and never see a soul. To bad the (L) infected it so early. Would have been cool to have a year or so of un(L) loot unique to the planet. I am still waiting for the Lemmy's Army armor to rear its ugly head.

I will always be a Heavy Metal geek at heart so I can't help but like some of what I see. Needless to say my Zune account is happy since I have been hitting it lately DLing my favorites like Queensryche's new albums + others.

Ahhh well much like everything in the EU you have to give it time. Overall though I think a reduction in travel cost, non-fee universal auctions, and storage would make all area flourish. That however is out of the Planet Partner control or am I wrong?

Posted via Mobile Device

OPs post actually goes agains everything RT should do.

Basically RT NEEDS its own playerbase and get noobs to be there. It would be wierd for ND to advertise - "You should start on Calypso because my Rocktropia actually sucks for newcomers and you cant do shit, cant sell nothing and itll cost you dearly to do anything"

See the irony? :laugh:

Greater effort should had been made to welcome newcomers in the first place. RT didnt need 10 x 5k HP+ dragons. It needed (beter then pixie armor)L and (better then opalo weaps)L and 20 different 100 HP or less mobs ;)

I.

I was planning to do some heavy hauling, but none saw any point in it, now the MV of the gears dropped there are so low, I had to give up to haul stuffs too.
But proably someone has to haul a lot between the planets. The MV of the loot is way too low to cover up the traveling cost.
I just hope RT will produce something that is unique and usefull for Craplootsians.
Somethign with MV above 120%~200%

That will make hauling trips possible..

If there are any... it will be extrem hard to rely only on bring in new players

It takes ages, and most of them dont stay play.

I have counted their health bars during SGA , only see a few stay

what a load of bull crap!

"neverdie": better stick to cocain and to your white trash rock'n'roll friends in RL; make your own forum, pay programmers - make www.rocktropiaforum.com and SPAM there; rocktropia is a lost case, you thought you can pump money out of people on the premise on cool rock scenario, but not everyone LOVES rock: there is Bluegrass/Blues/Folk/NewAge/ you name it;... so , F.OFF, Rocktropia = another people milking machine; enough is with Entropia problems and greed of Marco/FPC already;:lolup:

i don't even think Neverdie is writing these comments: look how he always uses word "we"; he cannot speak for himself, probably because he is an impersonator;

"neverdie": better stick to cocain and to your white trash rock'n'roll friends in RL; make your own forum, pay programmers - make www.rocktropiaforum.com and SPAM there; rocktropia is a lost case, you thought you can pump money out of people on the premise on cool rock scenario, but not everyone LOVES rock: there is Bluegrass/Blues/Folk/NewAge/ you name it;... so , F.OFF, Rocktropia = another people milking machine; enough is with Entropia problems and greed of Marco/FPC already;:lolup:

i don't even think Neverdie is writing these comments: look how he always uses word "we"; he cannot speak for himself, probably because he is an impersonator;

I'm sorry I rarely -rep people but you just got one from me. All your posts in here have just been attacks of Neverdie and Rocktropia. If you don't like it then simple, don't go there. Neverdie never started this thread and he has been kind enough to post here and give us more information even when this is the forum for Calypso.

Neverdie always uses We when talking about his visions because he knows like any good visionary that it takes a good chunk of people to make something like this work. I doubt Neverdie is the only one fighting for the vision of Rocktropia to become a reality.

You try sharing one of your biggest dreams with a whole bunch of people and finding the money to fund it and then taking the flack from the people that just think you're an idiot for even dreaming it in the first place and then come back here and contribute to this thread properly which if you hadn't noticed is meant to be about the problem of new players surviving on Rocktropia.

To get a bit back on topic I personally agree with most fo the suggestions here. There needs to be a new player friendly area. Doesn't have to be too big but at the moment the closest mob to the player spawning area is the video vixen and while she's good for sweating she really isn't good for unmaxed opalo hunting. I'd recommend at the very least getting one really low level mob that your little fledgling noobies can hunt as well near there spawn area so they can at least get started. Then you can work on carrying the rest closer to your vision.

Maybe the following could be done:
When a new avatar is created the will get a free one-way ticket. This would allow them to make one tp journey from the planet they started on to another one. These tickets would NOT be sellable to other avatars and would not be ttable. They can only be used to give just that particular avatar a free journey.
I think this would work in the case of an avatar starting "On the wrong planet". It would be hard to abuse the system too. Any thoughts?

Maybe the following could be done:
When a new avatar is created the will get a free one-way ticket. This would allow them to make one tp journey from the planet they started on to another one. These tickets would NOT be sellable to other avatars and would not be ttable. They can only be used to give just that particular avatar a free journey.
I think this would work in the case of an avatar starting "On the wrong planet". It would be hard to abuse the system too. Any thoughts?

The trouble with that is each planet that recruited a player wants to keep their recruits. Also would be difficult to scale as we get more planets. Will just have to try and make more people aware before they sign up at all that there are more planets to choose from.

We are allowed to scrap avatars now if we send a support case so if a player realised fairly soon they could always start again.

Back