Newly Discovered Moon to be Auctioned

I got a question about the moon...

How do you bid on something that doesn't even exist or you haven't even set foot on to see if it's worth something?

I was under the impression the moon will be available to play on during the time it's listed in auction, that is an update will bring it live for all players to go there, while the bidding war is on...

That's what it looks like on auction. Notice it has no name. When mouse is pointed over it you get, "???" for the name.

Also in description it's named provisionally as LO-J2MP

That's what it looks like on auction. Notice it has no name. When mouse is pointed over it you get, "???" for the name.

Also in description it's named provisionally as LO-J2MP

They do this, and want someone to spend that amount of money on it...

MA need some attention to detail!

Edit: Another thing, this is going to end next week on Thursday?

Would it not be better to have it finish 1 later at night or even on the weekend ?

Although I guess if you have this sort of money your probably high up in the world so who cares :D

They do this, and want someone to spend that amount of money on it...

MA need some attention to detail!

Edit: Another thing, this is going to end next week on Thursday?

Would it not be better to have it finish 1 later at night or even on the weekend ?

Although I guess if you have this sort of money your probably high up in the world so who cares :D

When listing estate deeds, our NPC avatars use the same auction interface as participants, with the same auction duration limitation of 7 days. Very shortly our database engineers will extend the auction end time to April 4, as specified in the original announcement.

Fyi...............

And i think it has no name bacause the buyer can give it a name?

How do you bid on something that doesn't even exist or you haven't even set foot on to see if it's worth something?

Well the Bank owners did and it was a year later that they were finally in game.

When listing estate deeds, our NPC avatars use the same auction interface as participants, with the same auction duration limitation of 7 days. Very shortly our database engineers will extend the auction end time to April 4, as specified in the original announcement.

Also Note, they put it at 7 days not 2 weeks.

Bjorn|Mindark just answered that, it's not error.

IIRC, when the apartment buildings were first introduced, they had a 365 day auction. So I'm pretty sure it's possible on their end.

I hear that 300 appartments allready sold for buyout and PE hasn't been available for much more then 1 hour yet.

/Kjetil :cool:

you can only purchase them for the buyout prices (250, 350, or 450).

the auctions are listed for 365 days.

Last edited:
So, the game's full of empty shops, mostly abandoned malls, bankrupt banks, dead land areas, a failed planet partner, and now they are auctioning off a quasi-planet?

sigh.

So, the game's full of empty shops, mostly abandoned malls, bankrupt banks, dead land areas, a failed planet partner, and now they are auctioning off a quasi-planet?

sigh.

LOL they just keep bashing away with a hammer and eventually they'll get a hit!! ;) I predict mass happiness for 2 months followed by 9 months of moaning, and 1 month where we just don't care!! :laugh:

So the global unwarming caused meteorites and now moon is multiplying! :eyecrazy:

Seriously now, is so, so sad for me to see MA lack of imagination. Gee, our scientists realized they were looking from the wrong end of their telescope all the time and now they proudly announced they discovered a new moon.

You have a new sort of story going on, with new robot mobs and that old rotten egg. Was SO hard to link your newly, not developed yet "moon" to this?

Robot Mothership made from an asteroid core came in orbit, launching all those machines. Even before you finished/sell it you could allow players to go up in space and fight steel birds or whatever alien ships there around the asteroid (no pvp area), with revivals at a CDF supply base. More money to you.

Then the egg secret is revealed, players get access codes to MS/asteroid and clean it up, then you can have your boring CP ver. 2 in place. Or you can even crash it to Calypso, and make an underground area thus saving all of the cost of going to space, again.

You're as funny as a brick, sorry to say.

So the global unwarming caused meteorites and now moon is multiplying! :eyecrazy:

You're as funny as a brick, sorry to say.

Agree with the creativity. I used to write descriptions of areas, characters, and the NPC dialogs for a texted-based online game, that survived off donations, and so long ago vanished into the abyss. With no pictures to distract players, all that existed was imagination.

But you can't entirely bash the humor :)

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&id=99

it is now 2weeks auction. (thats what this update was about)

Can't really be that bad that to change an auction duration they need to shut down the game for 20 minutes.

You do remember what game you are playing no?

-Bemo-

You have a new sort of story going on, with new robot mobs and that old rotten egg. Was SO hard to link your newly, not developed yet "moon" to this?

The robots and Egg are Calypso event things. The moon is in no way connected to Calypso. Obviously it won't be included in a Calypso event.

So is the moon on auction yet? and any bids?

The robots and Egg are Calypso event things. The moon is in no way connected to Calypso. Obviously it won't be included in a Calypso event.

My any means, don't let my imagination spoil your beautiful position in that boring brick wall.

But being so well informed, can you share with us if that big reddish disk I see next to the main Moon is the Exodus Space Station (included in the event story) or the new Moon we're talking about?

My any means, don't let my imagination spoil your beautiful position in that boring brick wall.

Sorry if using logic bores you.

But being so well informed, can you share with us if that big reddish disk I see next to the main Moon is the Exodus Space Station (included in the event story) or the new Moon we're talking about?

The "big reddish disk" is the second of Calypso's moons.

http://www.entropiadirectory.com/wiki/Solar_System

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?223682

No bids yet...I guess all the big guns are keeping their cards close to their chests.

Come on guys! Lets get the excitement going!:cool:

I was under the impression the moon will be available to play on during the time it's listed in auction, that is an update will bring it live for all players to go there, while the bidding war is on...

Why would you assume something that was never suggested in the original announcement? If you want to see what you are bidding on simply travel to one of the other dead "planets" (pick Next Island 'cause I bet that's what you end up getting) and pretend you are on a "moon" orbiting around...well that part doesn't matter, look around and see no population or economy. Now imagine all the additional cash it will take you to develop your unique gaming experience and attract new players to your moon, imagine the months (probably years) it will take before you can launch your moon and then imagine MA clawing back a huge chunk of any money you ever hope to make on your investment. There, that's what you are bidding on. Enjoy Next ...uhhh Moon :cool:

Why would you assume something that was never suggested in the original announcement? If you want to see what you are bidding on simply travel to one of the other dead "planets" (pick Next Island 'cause I bet that's what you end up getting) and pretend you are on a "moon" orbiting around...well that part doesn't matter, look around and see no population or economy. Now imagine all the additional cash it will take you to develop your unique gaming experience and attract new players to your moon, imagine the months (probably years) it will take before you can launch your moon and then imagine MA clawing back a huge chunk of any money you ever hope to make on your investment. There, that's what you are bidding on. Enjoy Next ...uhhh Moon :cool:

I don't think it's as bad as you invisage it. I think the moon will be very much like CP, with the extra dimention of cavens to mine in. CP is very popular, I think the moon will be popular for exisiting players. It's an MA design with additional input from the owner, but not like a new planet where your self designing from scratch.

I'm sure something was mentioned about online in Sept-2013...somewhere. can't remember.

The issue is with the revenue model. It's heavily relient on growing the business, I'm not sure what 10% will bring to the party in terms of revenue for exisiting players going there. I'm sure some have done their maths however.

The up side for players is no additional taxes to play there, and being new, it is likely to be very modern and popular place to visit just outside of calypso.

There is the potential to be a millionaire in RL if you can bring in the player base on a global scale, and have the right PR expertise to make that happen.

I know for a fact I would love to go to the new moon, and grind the missions, assuming the mobs are of the quality of rex and aurli type hunting.

Personally I think the moon will be bought by players that have already made thier money in game from exisiting LA's or big ticket item sales over the years, rather than a fresh fat depo. Which is why I lost interest in the end, although was keen at one stage. In other words, major risk sits with the depositor, not in game made peds. That said whoever owes it, I think will do a great job.

I very much look forward to the moon coming online.

Rick

Still no bid!

Small guessing game to keep us busy in meantime.

Guess when the first bid will be and win 1 blazar fragment :)

Back