Next Island website updated!

Koister

Alpha
Kakkoii Kakkoii Rose
The Next Island website has been revamped, showing much more!
It looks amazing!

picture.php

http://www.nextisland.com/

They have revamped the website and put up 3 videos showing off a small teaser of the 3 different time zones of Next Island they have created, called: Amazon, Ice Age & Paradise.

New players to Entropia who sign up will be given:
picture.php

I converted the videos from the website in case your having some sort of troubles:

Amazon
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVpO_Z-w_5E&fmt=18[/youtube]

Ice Age
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kR6UDe_iaU&fmt=18[/youtube]

Paradise
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0hSi2R6AXs&fmt=18[/youtube]

High Res pictures ripped out of the loading page:

Amazon
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Ice Age

Paradise

Last edited:
Looks cool ... sounds interesting, but I think a proofreader would be of benefit to them. :D There's nothing that takes away from quality quicker than typos in an advertising or marketing piece.

Nice thnx for posting, when i first checked it out it looked crap :) but its getting better for sure. :)

Yes, looks a lot better...

But they still have to send their texture artist(s) on a short course on how to avoid repeating patterns in his textures :)

That beach looks horrible...

There are nice tools to even out textures to avoid errors like that.

Apart from few typos such as neverdies stttttudios.... it looks okey...

looks great, wonder how much time crystals will be...

Bah, why is there now flash on these stupid work computers!

Will have to check once at home :D

~Tracer

Bah, why is there now flash on these stupid work computers!

Will have to check once at home :D

~Tracer

I'm currently converting the flash videos and going to upload them to youtube and stick them in this thread, so you might not have to wait ^_^.

Looks cool, seems like an interesting concept to jump between time, should be fun.

Virtual Golf hey, so do I have a better chance of a hole in one or hitting an ATH?

youtube uses flash

Youtube uses FLV videos. The Next Island website uses SWF videos. They are similar formats, but not the exact same. FLV is an actual video codec, while SWF is more of a runtime/application.

Hmm, interesting to say the least :D

Especially as all I have is a black screen with "next island" at the bottom, a small undefined bit of text under that and sod all else lol

still uses flash player, and thats what Tracer-Bullet doesnt have...

I have to admit I'm no longer awe inspired by the cryengine pics, after having wandered off to other things that are equal or better (imo-been watching someone code in the ulead engine for example). Having said that, still look forward to it very much, just impatient since things like crysis and farcry are already into version 2 by now :laugh:

What I find most interesting on the Next Island site is that it states they too will have an RCE, and it will be the same as ours is now, the currency will be ped and the exchange rate the same. So, guess that does mean any other planet who makes use of the RCE element will be the same too, no individuality available?

those new, non-EU players joining up get an EGGOO Launcher. So for those that wonder about what happened to "The Egg", wonder no more. it turned into a weapon manufacturing device. ;)

What I find most interesting on the Next Island site is that it states they too will have an RCE, and it will be the same as ours is now, the currency will be ped and the exchange rate the same. So, guess that does mean any other planet who makes use of the RCE element will be the same too, no individuality available?

kinda the point and has been stated before: its all one universe.

Last edited:
the video of the pardise section looks like a angel TP or somthing because as it fade out and then teh angel TP shows 3 buildings that looks like EU building at TI city or Genesis..

if next island have videos where are EU videos.. I think it about time Marco that MA released their own videos. We always seem to get news from £rd party all the time.. about time EU kept us upto date

Yeah, it looks good to us, because we are hanging out for CE2... But to be honest, if I had never heard of EU, this site and its videos would have bored the shit outta me. (Still kinda did ;) )

Reactions: Neo

Planets which are connected to Calypso will have a connected economy too :wise:

However, planet partners may choose to distance themselves (their planets), but then I think it will be that they distance all stuff from Calypso :silly2:

hmm.. trying to make an account, but what does Refered to means? 'cause sure as hell I can't type anything in that field./...

How much did you pay Arnold to lend out his voice for this? :D

I wonder what kind of keyboard layout they are using. i had to copy/paste the @ symbol to enter my email address...
And am I the only dirty little bastard that noticed the mushroom in the amazon era? Kinda looked like something else with gangrene ;)

hmm.. trying to make an account, but what does Refered to means? 'cause sure as hell I can't type anything in that field./...

It means who referred you to the website. (Who told you about it.) You put their name in there.

Well Koister, i figured as much. but the issue was that i can't type anything in that box, like it's readonly or smth.. tried to complete 3 times already, reseting the form in between.. on 3 separate browsers.. oh well, they probably don't let me join 'cause they know i'm gonna ATH every day there:D:rolleyes:

Well Koister, i figured as much. but the issue was that i can't type anything in that box, like it's readonly or smth.. tried to complete 3 times already, reseting the form in between.. on 3 separate browsers.. oh well, they probably don't let me join 'cause they know i'm gonna ATH every day there:D:rolleyes:
Ah weird. I'm using the latest version of Firefox. And put myself as referral lol. All the fields worked for me.

The flash on that website seems really buggy though.

What I find most interesting on the Next Island site is that [...] the currency will be ped and the exchange rate the same. So, guess that does mean any other planet who makes use of the RCE element will be the same too, no individuality available?

Presumably this also means that there will be one all-EU Balancing Team (rather than separate teams for each planet) as otherwise decisions made on different planets could significantly affect the economies of others. The 3 for 1 skills event is a recent example; a planet owner creating a series of very big aths or a new high level armour are others. So at least economic individuality for each planet may operate within definite owner-agreed limits. It will be fascinating to see how all this works out over the next year or so.

I just typed in Jon Neverdie Jacobs...and got a thx for joining! still waiting for some kind of approval through mail though... :scratch2:

...and oh yea, a little "heads-up" when trying to register an email..."Alt Gr + @" doesn´t seem to work for me...had to use "Ctrl + @" ^^

Regards!

//jim

P.s. Looks good so far! :D

Looks cool. Too bad the site looks un-professional but. Im interested.

Back