Next step in weapon

Eol Avari

Young
Society
Calypso Community College
Eol Avari Cuivienen
Hello,

I am a mostly new player and have just completed my mentorship graduating in rifle. I'm working at skilling laser pistol right now with Breer's P1, 2 and 3. As far as rifle goes I have a couple of Breer M3's that I'm going to use up but, after that I'll need to find a new way to proceed with game play since the M4 and the Riker UL3 are out of my price range. So, faced with the choice of purchasing ammo or further limited weapons i have elected ammo and to make use of one or more of the inlimited weapons i have picked upin the course of my time here.

I do have a number of weapons in my inventory,

The Opalo/maxed

The TT pistol maxed

At the end of my mentorship I aquired a small arsenal of unlimited weapons;

Omegaton M2725 Mentor Edition
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=126

Sollomate Tasmo Mentor Edition
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=272

Sollomate Beauto
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=262

Sollomate Kangoo
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=75

As far as attachments I have two A101 and two A103 Amps, an Elkar and an Alekz scope, two Abrer and a Dynera Laser sights.

Further, bearing in mind my desire to keep costs of all sorts down down and deposits to a minimum, which weapon or weapons and with which configuration of attachments would you use? What are the pro's con's and limitations I might face? Can you offer any comments or details on the weapons I have received?

Which mobs would you consider hunting with the weapon (s) I'll be using?

Thank you in advance.
Eol

skill handgun till you can use a p4a. once its maxed it is very useful and eco. especially nice with an a104 on it.

also skilling handgun to have korss h400/p5a maxed isn't a bad idea.

the price tag for both is pretty high but if you compare the decay, ammo burn, and over costs to other options they are attractive.

I would suggest never using any of these. Stick to the L weapons. If the next weapon up has a high markup then there's nothing wrong with continuing with the lower-level ones.

Also, try to stick to one weapon type most of the time. Skilling both rifle and handgun just means it will take a lot longer to get good at either. Choose one and stick to it.

skill handgun till you can use a p4a. once its maxed it is very useful and eco. especially nice with an a104 on it.

also skilling handgun to have korss h400/p5a maxed isn't a bad idea.

the price tag for both is pretty high but if you compare the decay, ammo burn, and over costs to other options they are attractive.

I'd deffinitely agree with kosmos on this one...

Pistols are probably the way to go from here...

the good thing about the 380, 400, and hl6 (all fairly accessible handguns in terms of maxing) is that they're looted, so that you can find a tt value to suit your budget. The p4a and p5a are great as well, probably better if you can afford the overhead.

from a skill perspective, it would be a nice time to try to max out lower level blp weapons as you'll still get rifle skill, and related skills that will help your damage.

finally, I hope you are amping your weapons... an a103 can be bought as cheaply as ever right now, and will help stretch out your guns much further than hunting unamped

I would suggest never using any of these. Stick to the L weapons. If the next weapon up has a high markup then there's nothing wrong with continuing with the lower-level ones.
Agreed. It's the reason I use UL2s, H380s and CB19s a lot.
Oleg said:
Also, try to stick to one weapon type most of the time. Skilling both rifle and handgun just means it will take a lot longer to get good at either. Choose one and stick to it.
The only drawback with this is that damage doesn't go up as quickly as hit if you stick to just HGs or just rifles/carbines, so you can end up with SIB being 'Not anymore' for Hit and 'Not yet' for Damage.

most ppl say u should use A104 on p4a but I'd just wanna know now once for all why :) what I can see u just get some more decay

p4a+A103: damage=40hp, dmg/sec=32hp, decay=2.373pec, cost=9.373pec,
dmg/pec=4.27hp

p4a+A104: damage=42hp, dmg/sec=33.6hp, decay=2.805pec, cost=9.805pec,
dmg/pec=4.28hp

not that much different in my eyes ;) or?

most ppl say u should use A104 on p4a but I'd just wanna know now once for all why :) what I can see u just get some more decay

p4a+A103: damage=40hp, dmg/sec=32hp, decay=2.373pec, cost=9.373pec,
dmg/pec=4.27hp

p4a+A104: damage=42hp, dmg/sec=33.6hp, decay=2.805pec, cost=9.805pec,
dmg/pec=4.28hp

not that much different in my eyes ;) or?

4.28 > 4.27 :)

The markup on the gun (although it is low for P4a) also makes the difference bigger.

The only drawback with this is that damage doesn't go up as quickly as hit if you stick to just HGs or just rifles/carbines, so you can end up with SIB being 'Not anymore' for Hit and 'Not yet' for Damage.

This is true, but not worth worrying about in my opinion. It's best to use only fully maxed weapons anyway.

Forget the UL weapons, for eco stick with the Breer P series handguns.
I use a P5a with A104 on Atrox and Ambulimax, but you can kill Atrox with a P4a. I use P4a on Argos and Drones.

P4a is the most eco (they are under 106% MU) but I prefer P5a on regen MOBs.

Gypsy

My recommendation is that buy e14 and attach it with p5a then go to ambu and kill em all.

From entropiatools.com compare 2 amp
Breer P5a (L)+Omegaton A104
Total Decay 3.12
Min Dmg 27.5
Max Dmg 55
Avg Dmg 37.95
Max Dmg/ PEC 4.191
Avg Dmg/ PEC 2.892
Max Dmg/ Sec 47.667
Avg Dmg/ Sec 32.89

Breer P5a (L)+E-Amp 14
Total Decay 5.39
Min Dmg 30.5
Max Dmg 61
Avg Dmg 42.09
Max Dmg/ PEC 3.963
Avg Dmg/ PEC 2.734
Max Dmg/ Sec 52.867
Avg Dmg/ Sec 36.478

as u can see, there is only 0.2pec lower eco but get higher 5dmg/s if u use e14 (use max dmg)
if in average u will save more than that

use SIB weapons. You don't necessarily have to have learning period=Yes on them. I find learning period=Not anymore is preferable
lr32 (laser rifle) sounds cool
cb13 (blp rifle) is dirt cheap, and it's bigger borther cb19
p5a(laser pistol) is the most balanced cheap+high damage weapon you will find

Aim to use one of lr32, cb19 or p5a.

as u can see, there is only 0.2pec lower eco but get higher 5dmg/s if u use e14 (use max dmg)

A better way to think of it is that eamp14 cost 5.7% more to use for that extra 5dps. The difference would be wiped out eaily by overkilling a mob in an extra shot

Back