Help: Next weapon? Go L or buy a sword?

Widowmaker04

Dominant
Grom Widowmaker Hellscream
Hi everyone, I really need a piece of advice on choosing the right next weapon.
Actually I'm using a T4 EP-41 adj + A106 (eff with scope and sights ~63%).
I'm a lvl 55 laser pistoleer (hit and dmg), lvl 42 laser sniper, lvl 40-ish BLP and lvl 41 swordman (48 dmg).
As I'm quite low and trying to lvl up my looter skills I'm not thinking hunting bigger mobs at all, so I'm really undecided if to go for higher DPS with similar eff, get higher eff and DPP (eventually with lower DPS) or just stick with what I got.
Considering I wouldn't invest more than the 5-5.5k PED I'd get selling my actual setup I don't see many possible choices:
-get an Archon's sword - trauma 4 or 5 (more eff/DPP, less DPS)
-get a Katsuichi adj + trauma 6 (similar eff/DPP but higher DPS)
-go L with armatrix gun + amp or gun + A106
-buy a bunch of enonomy enhancers to get higher dpp

I would really appreciate a bit of help at this point as I'm quite confused myself ?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Cheers!
Widow

Ya you can almost NEVER find the weapon you NEED when you need it. The best method I found is to pick a great UL weapon a LITTLE bit ahead of your skill and then use L weapons while you are trying to find it. I also really like the daily token vendors CDF weapons for that.

Ya you can almost NEVER find the weapon you NEED when you need it. The best method I found is to pick a great UL weapon a LITTLE bit ahead of your skill and then use L weapons while you are trying to find it. I also really like the daily token vendors CDF weapons for that.
I'm actually not in hurry as I need to cycle ~6.5k PED universal ammo before eventually going melee.
But I like to plan ahead and I'm really no sure what path to choose ?

Last edited:
Hey m8

If you decide to go melee buy the shagadi instead, much cheaper than adj kats and a bit better. I would stick to your current setup.

I used the EP-41 adj from level 45 until this year when I reached level 75. Admittedly for the last year I had to use (L) weapons for the larger mobs, but most of the time the EP-41 and amp was sufficient. I did skill melee between level 25 to level 45, which is perfect for using the very cheap swords but once you get to L45 these start to increase in price. I would stick with the ep-41 and use CDF or Armatrix weapons for larger mobs. This year I purchased Enigma L4 (UL) and ML-35 Adjusted but I got lucky in the sale of a rare amp, so along with the value of my old setup allowed me t upgrade

Thanks for your answers guys I appreciate ?
Now I know not to use dmg enhancers unless I really need it like event och bigger mobs, but what do you think about economy enhancers? Dunno breaking rate on UL guns, but would get a nice 3 DPP with all 4 slots ?

Hey,
I made the same change as you two month ago and i'm not dispointed at all.

My choice was to use Archons + Trauma 4 to get bigger Eff/dpp instead of DPS. (after all, the point here is to farm a lot, getting more DPS often means bigger mob and less kill)
The only bad point with Archons is decay, it means you should repair it every 20min but mobile repair terminal is here for this.
By the way if you find low P20 extender (under 102%) you can boost efficiency to over 70% with 3dmg/pec weapon and use your archons for hours.

Personnaly i add 3 accuracy enhancers to boost critical hit and dpp too, it break very slowly and dont cost a lot.

This settup is pretty cheap so you can affroid to upgrade an ares ring or buy a more eco healing tool for exemple.

Keep big AR Matrix when needed for team hunt, occasional big mob or event.

Last edited:
Won't help your set up at all, but if you are thinking about doing melee instead of getting the pricy adjusted Katsuichi just get a regular Katsuichi Determination. You probably won't be maxed on Hit Ability, etc. but it'll get you nice dps. Just expect to miss sometimes. If you want a lower level UL blade to play with try UL Embra C1 or Adjusted Embra C1. If you want to go L there's a lot of options...

For skilling up grab the blades off of Greece or the maze hammer from Cyrene.

Personally, I'm horrible about skilling in one category since I get bored using the same old weapon all the time. I like to use a gun to tag, a sword or whip when they get in close, use cheap armor til health is at half way point, then go big with something like determination til health heals back up to close to full... if I'm not wearing over protection armor. ;) (in that case I just keep going with one main weapon forever til I need to hit the repair terminal)

Back