NI Status Clarified.

Spart

Provider
Society
Motörhead Army
Sparticas Spart Braveheart
Today apx 28 min ago Mr.David Post came out of the silence and clarified what I had believed to be the case since my last post NI Staff.. This is What he had to say.

"ok to answer the questions.. I still own the lion share of Next Island and it is still operating but no new content being added at this time. I am focused more on the crowdfunding platform which has higher promise and cost a fraction of what an MMO costs."

Again Thank you for the Clarification Mr.Post :yay:

source? and translation?

I've read and re-read and I'm a bit disappointed.

Can't see any clarification :( only it's stopped. No news on what's going to happen. No plans, no projects, no future. And it's such a shame, the planet is so very beautiful, a real tropical destination.

Can't see any clarification :(

He has clarified that he gave up and isn't "focused" on it anymore, so NI not just is in limbo as Kim stated, but is going to stay there forever. Well, It was obvious that he won't manage to sell it - who in their mind would buy someone else's failed dream? One would rather become a new PP if one feels like that.

I've read and re-read and I'm a bit disappointed.

Can't see any clarification :( only it's stopped. No news on what's going to happen. No plans, no projects, no future. And it's such a shame, the planet is so very beautiful, a real tropical destination.

No plans, no projects, no future.

Hm, I thought MA had taken back "ownership" of NI.

He has clarified that he gave up and isn't "focused" on it anymore, so NI not just is in limbo as Kim stated, but is going to stay there forever. Well, It was obvious that he won't manage to sell it - who in their mind would buy someone else's failed dream? One would rather become a new PP if one feels like that.

I don't know much about this situation, I don't even know if its possible for a sale to take place, but I will say I admit to having little creative spark or imagination to create and develop these kinds of things, but I'm guessing I'm not alone when I say I'd be happy to buy someone else's "failed dream" if I know I can get it for a price that ensures real net profits.

buying failed PP dreams @ boxes :D

In short, he failed to understand what players wanted, gave up, and didn't care enough to pass the company on to someone who could run it. Would be a shame to see an almost there planet disappear.

So what will happen to the NI items? Will they stop working or will they still function even after MA one day deletes the planet from database to have more space? :) By the way I never even once visited NI and I'm glad I didn't.:laugh: can't bring your hopes up if you never even got hope.

In short, he failed to understand what players wanted, gave up, and didn't care enough to pass the company on to someone who could run it. Would be a shame to see an almost there planet disappear.

On my side I think that is MA that failed to give him good support.

Not everybody have the patience to wait months/years to get bugs fixed or other needs for planet partners.
David will most probably never talk about it because of NDA or whatever but my guess is that MA do not care much more about PP than they care about us "normal" players.
PP probably recieve the same copy/paste answers than us when they need or ask for infos or support.

Reactions: Mac
So what will happen to the NI items? Will they stop working or will they still function even after MA one day deletes the planet from database to have more space? :) By the way I never even once visited NI and I'm glad I didn't.:laugh: can't bring your hopes up if you never even got hope.

I'm sure nothing will happen. Don't we have plenty of various items that are gone from loot for over a decade? Of course the BPs will become useless in the absence of resources, but the same thing happened even on Caly recently, with Apis and other old crafted guns.

Maybe they should add the status "Abandon planet" after the planets names for planet where the developments and updates have stopped to help new players exploring the universe. It will probably not be the first of the planets to meet the same fate as NI.

Today apx 28 min ago Mr.David Post came out of the silence and clarified what I had believed to be the case since my last post NI Staff.. This is What he had to say.

"ok to answer the questions.. I still own the lion share of Next Island and it is still operating but no new content being added at this time. I am focused more on the crowdfunding platform which has higher promise and cost a fraction of what an MMO costs."

Again Thank you for the Clarification Mr.Post :yay:

we can asume that:
1.To develop MMO cost too much for him and he don't want to put any more money into Entropia, he will invest in some site for crowdfunding wich is a lot cheaper.
2.He don't own 100% of NI, may be 70% him 30 Neverdie. So may be Neverdie gets 30% of the profit and 30% of the expenses. In the end may be Neverdie will buy the rest of the planet and develop it.

Where was it posted? Do you have any link to it?

Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/david.post.585?fref=ts

davids_post.jpg

On my side I think that is MA that failed to give him good support.

Not everybody have the patience to wait months/years to get bugs fixed or other needs for planet partners.
David will most probably never talk about it because of NDA or whatever but my guess is that MA do not care much more about PP than they care about us "normal" players.
PP probably recieve the same copy/paste answers than us when they need or ask for infos or support.

Yeah, and NI failure has 0 correlation with Neverdie, because he must be the best game developer available. :lolup: Both RT and NI have been poorly designed from the start (although with years RT is showing at least some minimal progress) and with huge delays and no decent content updates. On the other hand Arkadia - which has professional staff and experience - have done 100 times more and better than ND.

Yeah, and NI failure has 0 correlation with Neverdie, because he must be the best game developer available. :lolup: Both RT and NI have been poorly designed from the start (although with years RT is showing at least some minimal progress) and with huge delays and no decent content updates. On the other hand Arkadia - which has professional staff and experience - have done 100 times more and better than ND.

This is so true we dont know what goes on in the background and i am sure MA has had their part in problems that RT/NI has had. At the end of the day it was design teams to create clothes bp, bring so many resources in the game at once, with out a use for them, lack of Weapons (lets face it Half the community is hunters and they want weapons that are worth using). ND has brought out so much stuff over the years (prison, instances, the thing), but is only now that he is looking into the problem that his planet has no decent weopons.

http://www.rocktropia.com/forum/t17994/

The thing is is should of not taken so long for them to look into these problems it, RT is great concept and have a lot of protenral, but they shoot them self in the foot all the time. If they had weapon, bps, etc that Ark has, then brought out prison, Hell, the Thing, it would of worked so much better. Lets face it a thriving planet can only be good for the universe, but having dead useless planets don't help at all.

but my guess is that MA do not care much more about PP than they care about us "normal" players

Rightly or :naughty::dance::whistle:-->wrongly<--:whistle::dance::naughty:, MA have thrown a lot into this whole PP business, I expect they desperately want to see some successful planets. I dare say they may not be able to keep up with the workload at times, but I'm sure they care. Other planets have fared a lot better than NI under presumably similar conditions. Particularly Calypso II, uh, I mean Arkadia.

Last edited:
What?

The Quote on my opening post was from his Facebook account.
:wise:

I never liked the whole idea of Next Island. But I do think that it is a shame that it's a planet left to die. I feel that in order for Entropia Universe to work we do need multiple planets with different ideas and themes. Interplanetary travelling is good for the Planet Partners and therefor for Entropia Universe and us players.

I also never like NEVERCAPS but I do wish he would get off his egotrippin' for once. Start looking at what makes Calypso and Arkadia work and what he is lacking.

Wondering what will happen to this "failed dream" in years.

Ardorj :smash:

I also never like NEVERCAPS but I do wish he would get off his egotrippin' for once. Start looking at what makes Calypso and Arkadia work and what he is lacking.

Wondering what will happen to this "failed dream" in years.

Ardorj :smash:

We got a couple of polls running on the RT forum trying to get ND go the right way in helping the RT economy, i wanted to use a cricket bat, but the EU said it did follow EU regulation. Any way he has just posted in the

http://www.rocktropia.com/forum/t18028/

We tried to get a full range of mining Amps in at the begining, but obviously were blocked, in the end got just acouple in. I think the Athena's were MA's attempt to create planet specific amps, but doesnt look like they are really getting crafted on RT..

If You want us to be able to push for AMPS. I need a chart showing the Difficulties of crafting the Platform AMPS on RT, hard to get ingredients vs calypso etc, so that I can demonstrate we have to have our own BPS or we are at a disadvantage to other planets...

Factor in that some of our resources are being shipped to Caly for Amps if that is the case... Narc etc..
which is a good thing and balances things out...

Anyway provide some analysis of the situation and maybe I can Push AGAIN for it!

And regarding Guns My Friends!!

When RT and NI launched the BP systems were not in place for PP, catch up is a much more complicated affair...

We need the Weapons, becuase if we dont have them, then we are driving the economies of other planets, who are supplying them... Which means we are financing their DEV and studios and not our own, which means no more content for RT and no Fixes,

So i do like to think he is trying to make the planet better.

Reactions: Mac
Rightly or :naughty::dance::whistle:-->wrongly<--:whistle::dance::naughty:, MA have thrown a lot into this whole PP business, I expect they desperately want to see some successful planets. I dare say they may not be able to keep up with the workload at times, but I'm sure they care. Other planets have fared a lot better than NI under presumably similar conditions. Particularly Calypso II, uh, I mean Arkadia.

I dunno, their business practise is so backwards. If they wanted PP to succeed, they'd synchronise the auction houses and charge a maximum of 5 ped per item for instant transport. They would also synch the storages.

They don't want PP so much to succeed as to survive and exist and make small profit which MA can skim some off. Rather than improve Caly in the areas its needs to be in order to make Caly the best, they achieve it just by nerfing items/mobs on other planets.

IIf they wanted PP to succeed, they'd synchronise the auction houses and charge a maximum of 5 ped per item for instant transport. They would also synch the storages.

That would make it easier to switch from planet to planet. PP's succeeding isn't about getting existing players to use the new planets (existing players were already making MA revenue on Calypso), it's about the new planets attracting and holding onto new players (who wouldn't have joined Calypso).

Personally though, I like the instant transport with fee thing. I'd also like an option to instant tt anything in Won Auctions from anywhere. I'd also like to be able to bid on auctions from anywhere. Not so sure about synchronising auction houses and synching storages as that would kill any possibility for interplanetary trading. And also probably bring even more PP junk to Calypso auction.

Agreed, the exact opposite needs to happen to auction so that the individual economies can thrive themselves instead of being constantly dictated to by the obviously larger Caly market. If the auction histories are isolated then you will start to see differences in planetary prices for stuff and then traders will fill the gaps allowing a proper interplanetary trade to form as people start to shift stuff to take advantage.

Storage should remain isolated too or they could potentially add a transport fee on storage items from one planet to another? Now theres an idea...

In regards to NI, from what I've observed over time, David Post brought out his planet without really understanding the "dynamics" (yes, I know I used the naughty word :p) of EU and expected to just jump in and make a quick buck. Dave (Ark) and Jon (RT) were long term players before coming in as PPs and I believe that gave them extremely valuable insight into what they needed right from day one. They know as we do, that quick is not the way of EU. I honestly think that Mr. Post didn't his due diligence when it came to research before jumping on the bandwagon....but as I said, this is merely my opinion based on my observations.

For many years MA was the only team in town and so they had only 1 pool to go to for ideas and ways to do things...This is a large part, imo, as to why we saw little real change in the beginning. But now they have several other "teams" working alongside them who bring new and fresh ideas, different expectations and vastly more broad ranging experience in the "gaming and entertainment" world.

We've seen a number of changes since the different PPs have come on board and I believe that this is mainly due to to the drive to succeed from the PPs as well as the new expanded pool of ideas etc that MA now have access to. It might be a slow process (noone ever accused MA of being fast ;)) but I also believe that in the long run they will get it right and I for one plan to be here to see that happen.

Last edited:
That would make it easier to switch from planet to planet. PP's succeeding isn't about getting existing players to use the new planets (existing players were already making MA revenue on Calypso), it's about the new planets attracting and holding onto new players (who wouldn't have joined Calypso).

A Planet Partner does need to bring in and keep new players to be considered successful however don't overlook the value that well-run alternatives to Calypso contribute to the universe overall.

Particularly for longer term players there is great benefit to providing them new environments to explore and experiences to participate in even if they treat it as more of a holiday before returning to their preferred planet.

After all an existing player may well generate some revenue for MindArk however that revenue may not be a whole lot if all they do is sit around and chat (or not login at all) due to disinterest in or disillusionment with Calypso.

An active planet, even if using mostly existing players, also creates business opportunities in the areas of transport and space activity which, in turn, effectively justifies the cost to develop and maintain space.

Personally though, I like the instant transport with fee thing. I'd also like an option to instant tt anything in Won Auctions from anywhere. I'd also like to be able to bid on auctions from anywhere. Not so sure about synchronising auction houses and synching storages as that would kill any possibility for interplanetary trading. And also probably bring even more PP junk to Calypso auction.

Some way to move things remotely would be useful, as would the ability to access auction (for bidding and market evaluation) and perform management operations (e.g. for shops and LA's) remotely.

For transport there's also options to involve the community in ways that add more depth to the virtual universe.

- Deathifier

Back