Ninety Days in Unreal Engine 5

If i compare this to MA's first released UE5 visuals, then MA has reserved ALOT of room for future improvements.
I know this new showcase video contains the polished visuals of what is possible with UE5, but how far a provider can reduce the visuals for its game without risking the justification for the engine change?

If playing PE with ultra settings on UE5 looks like playing another game in safe mode, then the wasted potential of the new UI disencourages me.

Last edited:
If i compare this to MA's first released UE5 visuals, then MA has reserved ALOT of room for future improvements.
these are running at 24fps at best, and presumably on top-end systems. great showcase for what is possible, but not practical.

if they can make space even 10% as engaging as that asteroid field clip amma bout to blow so many Quads.

I know MA are stating the single shard element to the new EU, but generating all the planets, all those mining area expanses with no mobs you can go to and be alone for hours... what level of detail do we think we are going to get exactly for all of this? At the moment we get to download or ignore entire planets, but how many GB of data will even one current server be in the future? Will some of us even on 100 GB volumes a month be saying "Hold on MA - I can't download Twin Peaks this month please! I'll get that tp next month..."

Then there's the on-the-fly loading in of what is going to be rendered once we actually have it on our SSDs. If we are going to be chasing each other in vehicles, or even just running from mobs, then terrains will have to be the same for everybody, not more bumpy and slower for some than others on "keep it flat" mode.

This is not going to be a showcase of graphics, it's going to be an interactive game environment. For the love of the flying spaghetti monster, please give predictive pvp motion with latency-catch-up half a chance of not glitching all the time. Remember when fancy clothing could be used to lag out your enemy that had to spend time loading you in a fit of "What are you wearing?" computation? That's going to be fun on steroids if people start abusing user-generated stuff on top of everything else...

I really don't want to hear "It is for this reason that we have decided to set xyz minimums on hardware requirements!" By all means have regions some people can't enter (or instances where performance choices can be made) - but hopefully not really useful set areas such as Celeste Quarry on Ark or wherever.

Actually, I'd prefer a multi-shard approach for non-instances too if the single shard is not designed in such a way as to cater for differing mesh preferences. Yeah, I know... avoid pirates by playing in a different shard... as opposed to choosing the shard of "logoff to RL" that we currently have ... (irony mode) ;).
Oh I hope MA don't completely balls all of this up. Oh, are bristlehogs tameable again now, or still bugged and no fix in sight? You know, simple stuff that gets broken, like our own planet with real hoomanz on it... Just asking in irony mode again - soz!

Its looks fantastic what they can do with decent programmer's and hi tech gear. Unfortunate this is EU and not that many are bothered about graphics. They want to make money or have their money last longer. Hopefully MA will give more uses to textiles so we can change the look of shops and building. maybe even change swirls from globules and different hofs (blood red for killing spree).

not that many are bothered about graphics. They want to make money or have their money last longer.
Yeah, 100% agree and Im like this but this time it's not the same :p
What do you think will happen when MA migrate ?

Yeah, 100% agree and Im like this but this time it's not the same :p
I am like this too, but I want to consider as wide a range as possible.
There will surely be a great interest from the higher graphics players who have been elsewhere all this time.

I read that UE5 can decide which mesh to load in as a base depending on computer specs of the player - but I'm assuming the developer has to develop or make available those raw meshes. It may be that gameplay ends up being different if applied to different meshes - which MA (and/or players) may not like in the slightest as it's an RCE.

My feeling lies towards wanting some kinds of parallel offerings to cater for different specs - call it a "lower res graft world" if you like, that even crappy lappy players can inhabit. This would obviously also be available to better specs too, but these may choose nicer graphics areas too (or not, depending on whatever emergent stuff.... emerges) :laugh:

Last edited:
I prepare for the worst (as seen before, when MA migrated from GAMEBRYO to CE2 = 2 years of totally buggy and unplayable game) and hope for the best (less than 2 years of totally buggy and unplayable game).

The last migration was a total disaster and resulted in a de facto bankruptcy of MA, because so many players ran away due to the unplayability.
Only a questionable financial stunt saved MA's neck.
Now we have CLDs and we own Calypso.
What can MA sell this time, which is of comparable value?

Setesh (a moon of Calypso). Probably not of comparable value but still worth a lot.
Hopefully every Investor in Setesh, who lost 50% of his AMD investment value, will forget how his Arkadia Moon Deeds developed.

I wasted so much money on computer hardware and paid Windows softwares. I am not upgrading my pc for sweating in entropia universe. I sold everything and decided to quite in mid 2021. Sorry no more wasting money, I will run entropia in safe mode after launch of unreal engine 5. I am not gambling addict.

you missed the other followup.

We gonna see again a lot of X in inventory instead items and the glowing on all armors and mobs. will never work with MA. they should sell to rockstar gaming, they will end up doing something worthy.

Back