No green line in 100 dropped bombs

Galadea

Alpha
Society
The 3-Toed Sloths
Galadea Gala Durutti
As the title says i didn't get a single skill increase during a 100 bomb mining run. Sometimes it seems my mining skills gains come to a complete halt. Do you have same experience? What did you do to change it? Are bigger finders the solution?

I'm using z25 or of105 both maxed (around lvl 24 pros). If I amp with oa101 amount of skill gain messages is even lower (amount per line higher though).

Last edited:
Friend of mine who graduated tonight noticed the same damned thing. Was enmat mining with a Ju55, non-maxed - so still on SIB.

47 probes was his record, with plenty of 1-2 dozen no skillers. Kept hitting claims, but no skills for the probes themselves. And he didn't gain major chunks like I am (1200 surveying), I gain like 2-3 points at a time at MY level. He was getting 1-2 regular, with the rare 3-4 point gain. Isn't that a bit backwards...? :scratch2:

Seems to be normal , since a very long time my normal rate in prospecting and surviving is 1...4 green lines / 100 drops, dosnt matter what finder i use(incl. (L) types with skill bonus) .
Havent found any solutions for this, maybe its the actual skill lvl.

at the begining of the 3x event seemed fine but last day or so almost no skilling while dropping bombs

buck

Yeah, i'm at lvl 28 prospector and this happens to me too sometimes, i guess my longest run without skillgains so far has been 150 bombs.

But then sometimes i start getting skillgains on 5 bombs in a row :\

Extremely low growth on skills here also. I even wrote a case on this a few months back and got reply that all seemed to be normal but.....etc etc.

It has gotten even worse during event with low hitrate...low skillrate and no POE items. Still hanging in there offcourse :laugh:

i noticed that too
i mined and didn't get much skill ... i guess it's out of stock
but still ... the 3x still works : 3x0=0 :laugh:

I have noticed the same in the past. For me it was about 40 or 50 bombs with no skill gains, but I didn't pay it much mind. During this 3x event I have only dropped a few bombs. Looking at the bar movement I didn't feel like the 3x was a big impact, unlike hunting skills. I was looking at prospecting mostly, not geology or any other skill gains associated with bombing (seren/percep/ etc).

So it sin't just me...When I got lvl 18 in Jnauary this year i thought Mineral sense should be doable within a year, if i keep mining a lot. So I did and reached lvl21 pretty fast ( ithink it was february, but since then i got 2 more lvls and i drop around 200 bombs per day, which equals ca.2,5 hours of play time. Which is a lot for someone who has a job, fmaily friends and other obligaitons and hobbies...

So with current skilling rate Mineral sense will come for me in about 2 years. It isn't an uber skill at all. As skilling up is one of the biggest motivation in mining for me mining becomes just frustrating...

Not sklling fast in hunting is a different thing for me, because I am skilled enough to hunt almost everything I want, and I do hunt only for fun / short times and in teams.

Maybe i have to chip my mining skills out again, to have some fun again. Cause Mining is clearly my obsession ;)

Makes you wonder why skills are still so cheap to buy...

Makes you wonder why skills are still so cheap to buy...

Well skills are cheap not because it's easy to skill up, but because they don't have much influence on what you find and how much you find ;)

any change with bigger amps? oa103 and above.. skillgains used to be somewhat result of spent decay..
example. chipped out all (26 levels) prospecting in past..every single point of this skill.. but still had enough Geology contributing to be able to use of211.. slapped on oa103 and gained ~3 points of prospecting with each skillgain.. 0,3,6,9,12.. took off the amp and gains were much smallers.. ~1

Well skills are cheap not because it's easy to skill up, but because they don't have much influence on what you find and how much you find ;)

Still effects what equipment you can use and how effectively. Which does influence what you find and how much you find ;)

any change with bigger amps? oa103 and above.. skillgains used to be somewhat result of spent decay..
example. chipped out all (26 levels) prospecting in past..every single point of this skill.. but still had enough Geology contributing to be able to use of211.. slapped on oa103 and gained ~3 points of prospecting with each skillgain.. 0,3,6,9,12.. took off the amp and gains were much smallers.. ~1

Yup that's true, but amps unfortunately just amp skill gains, if there is no skillgain then there is no amped skillgain either.

Still effects what equipment you can use and how effectively. Which does influence what you find and how much you find ;)

Well but my notes on found ores and ROI shw no big difference between lvl 11 and lvl 23. In my opinion finder and skills are the least important in mining. Location, time and luck cycle are way more important...

Skills odd

yes, after the Tuesday re-start, the skills I receive have slowed down so noticeably.

I even logged out 3 times because i noticed it - They were still massively slow.

Looks to me that the Tuesday re-set - put the skill gain back to how there were before the event......

Maybe there worth x3 but getting less of them now...

Maybe its all an illusion:rolleyes:

Mf.

Been there . Especially when im close to a new lvl :rolleyes:

haha, good job MA. The green lines are worth x3, but you get them x3 times less :)

haha, good job MA. The green lines are worth x3, but you get them x3 times less :)

Actually for me it's since spring this year. I monitored my skill gains closely the last days because I wanted to skill up a bit. And it was frustrating to see the results, but it doesn't fell like a get 3x less then before. I think it has been low for me for a looong time now. The close monitoring from the skillgains just opened my eyes on the problem i think.

In hunting i get a lot of skills and amount of skills I gain is insane. Got half a lvl of my hit profession in one day of hunting. Normally tha ttakes me a month or more...(well normally I don't hunt that much :ahh:)

I get a green line around every 50 Bombs (Level 26 Pros), every 100 bomb isn't unheard of though. I can go through good and bad periods of skilling, in the good I get a green line every 20 bombs and the bad it can be up to 100 like you said you where getting.

~Tracer

Believe it or not i am having the same issues with hunting.

I was in cp, with 5 aurlis on me, fapping & shooting, i was getting 1 green line every 100gun click... that aint normal. 100 gun click & approx 600+hp lost and 1 green line.

I filled a support case. 72hours later i receive a comments to activate the read skills gain in chat... which obviously was... MA have nothing to anwsers but i suspect there is currently a NERF for some avatar. some get the 3x, some PAY for others 3x... same as lootpool.

I asked my friend who is LVL-72 in lasers to use same weapon as me and do some test. he was having 2-3 green line every 10-15shoot. Im only lvl52 so im supposed to gain more skills as him.

THERE IS PROBLEM AND MA KNOWS AND IGNORE IT!

you guys sure you havent turned off skill messages?

aint funny! Are u sure you dont work for the MA support staff?

PLEASE EVERYONE FILL SUPPORT CASE about this issues. MA need to know were aware and were not stupid! They are trying to f&ck us! let them know were not dumb!

Believe it or not i am having the same issues with hunting.

I was in cp, with 5 aurlis on me, fapping & shooting, i was getting 1 green line every 100gun click... that aint normal. 100 gun click & approx 600+hp lost and 1 green line.

yep i have the same problem :( i actualy skiled better before the event

the skilling was great until 2 days ago but since yesterday it is crap :/

yep i have the same problem :( i actualy skiled better before the event

the skilling was great until 2 days ago but since yesterdat it is crap :/

Fill support case, tell them they surely might and have received many support case about this. I have the same issue, less skills gain than before events. Worst since last update.

I went mining yesterday, I made 2 runs of 100 bombs and probes. I did not see any difference in the amount of green lines. My gains were just fine. I do recall times I would go out mining before the event find all kinds of claims and not have hardly any gains at all. Have you tried relocating or going somewhere you have never been? Get NRF program upload your finds and get the 52k+ finds that are shown there, then find a place nobody has gone or its a place they are leaving out, and make a run there. I did so, and came out +50TT on the run, and had gains to boot..... Claims I hit included an abundant, large, ample and considerable, with lots of small and poor, very few tinys and VPs. All with out amps......

Coilshot

I've complained about this many times, opened alot of support cases

the reply was always similar but overall explenation was that skill gain comes in cicles, you gain normal skill until you reach a certain level and it's like you get a learning block untill you gain some level that will allow you to gain normal skill again.

I think it's all BS, skilling is mining is a nightmare compared to hunting or crafting, but hey, it's not a bug, it's a feature

I went mining yesterday, I made 2 runs of 100 bombs and probes. I did not see any difference in the amount of green lines. My gains were just fine. I do recall times I would go out mining before the event find all kinds of claims and not have hardly any gains at all. Have you tried relocating or going somewhere you have never been? Get NRF program upload your finds and get the 52k+ finds that are shown there, then find a place nobody has gone or its a place they are leaving out, and make a run there. I did so, and came out +50TT on the run, and had gains to boot..... Claims I hit included an abundant, large, ample and considerable, with lots of small and poor, very few tinys and VPs. All with out amps......
Coilshot

Well you better get some skills in "read forum posts" before posting. And yes, the skill gains are slow :rolleyes:

Back to topic: I did drop 100 bombs yesterday and moved from lvl 23,5 to 24. I guess EU is kind of dynamic... :laugh:

Maybe the skill display panel lags and some green lines are suppressed due to lag. I really can't find another explanation. Gaining half a lvl from 100 vbombs is just insane, even with 3x skills...

Well you better get some skills in "read forum posts" before posting. And yes, the skill gains are slow :rolleyes:

hehe I got skills.... I read the post just fine and my post is well inline with this topic.
I simple noted that my green lines come at the normal rate that they all ways have, and made some suggestions on changes people could make that might help them find their green lines again. If you dont think it would help, then don't do as I suggest. Your poor suggestion to me wont help anyone. I have always beleived in sharing my info and knowledge as best I can, and I have lots of it from the 6 years I have been mining in PE/EU.

So what is your real problem with my post/ or me? Oh and you may PM me so we dont clog this thread with off topic chatter....

Coilshot

Im skiling particularly fast in hunting only, but i find it strange yesterday my atributes were growing SUPER FAST! i got nearely 1 agility in 2 days (im about to be 54 agil) also intel was fast!:dunno:

Back