Help: No MP3 playback ingame

Faalagorn

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Felix Faalagorn Ostrowski
I have this problem for some time so far, I don't have a music playback ingame.

It happened quite some time ago, quite suddenly after one of VU. I had some minor problems before though, like no music while dying. I made sure that I don't have sound muted either in launcher nor ingame, I tried resetting ingame settings to default already, then I decided to do a fresh reinstall of Entropia from the newest stand alone client available (9.3.5) and then autopatching it, making sure that the directory and every registry entry for Entropia/MindArk is deleted. It doesn't help.

Then I noticed a strange thing yesterday. When I open the launcher, it uses the link
cl.entropiauniverse.com/clientloader/?memory=2048&dx=9.0&mp3=0&Description=NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT &Build=8208&VendorId=10de&DeviceId=649&SM=3.0&os=Windows Vista
(I skip the part, that It doesn't recognizing the 4gigs and DX10, because it's simply not supported :)).
That means that the game have problems with MP3's, what's the ingame music and the streaming music in CND too, I guess. I don't have any problems with normal MP3 playback on any other game or my media player. Any tips on fixing it?

I'm using HP's preinstalled Windows Vista Home SP1 PL (OEM), alone with the one of the newest DirectX.

PS. I have no problems on my desktop with XP Home SP3 either.

This "sounds" like a problem I'm having also... Some time ago, I knowtest that my background music doesn't work anymore... Nowadays, sometimes it will begin after a few minutes being logged on, but sometimes it still doesn't!

Sorry, but have no remedie for this though!

ok this is a complete guess as I really have zero tech knowledge but could it be a sound card driver issue ?

[QUOTE="jod, post: 1898650, member: 11269"]ok this is a complete guess as I really have zero tech knowledge but could it be a sound card driver issue

This "sounds" like a problem I'm having also... Some time ago, I knowtest that my background music doesn't work anymore... Nowadays, sometimes it will begin after a few minutes being logged on, but sometimes it still doesn't!

Sorry, but have no remedie for this though!
That's a normal Entropia behaviour that the sound sometimes doesn't load. Unfortunately, mine problem is that mine doesn't load ever :X...

ok this is a complete guess as I really have zero tech knowledge but could it be a sound card driver issue ?
I doubt, because I would have problems with sound in other apps too, but I don't have.

Well, in the CL do you have a checkmark or a cross next to the audio compatibility check?

Besides the files in <install-dir>\Entropia Universe\data\Sounds are all .wav-files and not MP3.

Maybe you have turned off the sounds in the options of the CL or turned down the volume in the options menu in-game?

Well, in the CL do you have a checkmark or a cross next to the audio compatibility check?
No

Besides the files in <install-dir>\Entropia Universe\data\Sounds are all .wav-files and not MP3.
A lot of them are indeed mp3s with wrong exttension. Do not ask me, why MA did that.

Maybe you have turned off the sounds in the options of the CL or turned down the volume in the options menu in-game?
Like I said, no :). I tried unchecking->launching->closing->checking->launching, and didn't work either. I also did a fresh install with setting in CL resetted, and I was clicking on the default button @ ingame options. It didn't work.

hmm strange indeed

How about an Alternative ??

www.entropiaradio.com/atlashaven :)
Most of time Woodger :p. But not when I have a ping of 1000 without a radio already ;).

Bump. No idea? It would be cool not to wait for CE2 for it to be fixed for me, lol :p.

Same problem here, but it concerns all EU sound.
Have been in contact with MA support for a couple of months now and it feels like we´ve tried everything. That includes uninstalling the soundcard and installing new drivers, re-installed DirectX, re-installed Windows Media Player, re-installed the whole Entropia Universe on a whole new directory but still on the same machine and much much more.
I´ve opened up all other programs i can think of that has sound and checked the settings there so it doesn´t have "mute" marked there or sound down to zero. I´ve looked in the registry-settings to see that changes in clientloader really applys and so on. Now i´m starting to get used to play without sound so it doesn´t bother me to much anymore, but it would be nice to get it back. ;)

The last thing is that i lost the sound on EU at my laptop this weekend. And that is a new problem. Only thing in common between those two computers is my USB headset. What talks against that the headset has something to do with it is that it has worked for several months on the laptop while it haven´t on the desktop. (It did work for a couple of months on the desktop to) Even if i unplugg the headset, reboot the computers and use the normal speakers it doesn´t work.
The sound works perfect in every other movieplayer/mp3player/game/website etc etc on both machines.

Link to my headset:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/webcam_communications/internet_headsets_phones/devices/3621&cl=US,EN

At this time everything points at the headset
Any sugestion would be appreciated.

I dunno if its a bug, but the ingame music seems to be random to me :laugh::laugh:

Sometimes its on, sometimes not :scratch2:

Back