No Sun for over 1 hour ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
It has been twilight for at least an hour for me. Have I missed something or have I set something in options by mistake ? I looked and found nothing about daylight and and dark or anything at all.

Thanks for the help AGAIN duh.

I hate the sun/darkness cycle in games!!

This request pop out from time to time ,just to sink back into oblivion shortly after.
I lost hope that we ever get the option to turn off the night.

The night has advantages. You can still see mobs, you can rely on radar, stones & fruits are easy to see as they are outlined in yellow which is easier to see at night.

A while back there was tyalk of mobs that only came out at night - pity this was not followed up on

The night has advantages. You can still see mobs, you can rely on radar, stones & fruits are easy to see as they are outlined in yellow which is easier to see at night.

A while back there was tyalk of mobs that only came out at night - pity this was not followed up on

Not in windowed mode. Unless you go full screen, adjust the gamma etc, then go back to windowed. But the when sun comes along you are blinded by eve3rything, and have to go through the same process in reverse.

A complete waste of time. Give us the option for daylight only. Only MA would deny this!!!!!

Rgds

Ace

I don't play in Windowed Mode so the problems mentioned by using it are not an issue.

I consider that a Day, Night cycle is an improvement. So, my vote is that it continue

haha of course you do. but you need us!! without light there would be no darkness

No I don't ? Wherever do you get that from, that I need you.
I have every right to an opinion and made the point that it was just mine - my vote - not trying to force what I thought down everybody's throat.
There are advantages in a Day & Night cycle and just because it may be inconvenient to someone who has his system set up a certain way does not mean the cycle should be scrapped.
Hey wai... I DO need you lot - I had fun writing a (fictional) book & intend to write others - I just want examples of a certain type of player to star in such books - and so I don't take your unjustified angry reaction as a rebuke, but as an application :)

I hate the sun/darkness cycle in games !!

Me also, back in the early days you could opt out and have just daylight.

This is a constant : from time to time a significant number of Players complain due to excessive darkness, especially in some locations.

I would suggest MindArk to reduce darkness "as much as possible" = keeping the day/night cycle, but just reducing "as much as possible" the INTENSITY of night darkness, as it is HIGHLY probable that an excessive darkness (perceived and reported by some players) affects negatively the Game experience for those players, therefore hitting EU economy : just like in our real-life World, where night actually reduces human activities (e.g. just observe Charts of electricity consumption , in any Nation).

--> In EU the discomfort generated by a perceived excessive darkness will cause the Player to reduce Hunting/Mining in some areas :
infact if the Player's preferred areas are disturbed by a perceived excessive darkness, the Player might not move to another area AND just reduce its Hunting/Mining activity.

Paul

Last edited:
Fake News :(

If you are scared of the dark, buy an effing torch

What about the players that prefer the dark? ?

i would be just fine if the sun cycle at least simulated the circadian rhytym of real life.

This is a constant : from time to time a significant number of players complain due to excessive darkness, especially in some locations.

I would suggest MindArk to reduce darkness "as much as possible" =keeping the day/night cycle, but just reducing "as much as possible" the INTENSITY of night darkness, as it is HIGHLY probable that an excessive darkness -perceived and reported by some players- affects negatively the game experience for those players, therefore hitting EU economy :
a bit like night actually reduces human activities in our real-life world ( just see charts of electricity consuption, in any nation ; although I am pretty sure that some people here appreciate the so called "night life" : there are always exceptions :) ) .

In EU the discomfort generated by a perceived excessive darkness will cause the player to reduce hunting/mining in some areas :
infact if the player preferred areas are disturbed by a perceived excessive darkness, the player will not move to another area, and will just reduce the in-game hunting/mining activity.

Paul

I believe it depends on the player. Not only in this game is the dark time of the day. The intensity of it also depends on the performance of the computer. But such a moment should be taken into account by developers. Because some players will have a darkened screen, but all textures are carefully drawn, while other players will just have a black Malevich square.

Anybody remember when the cycles were equal in length ? And it really was pitch black during the night, only way to find a mob was a scope. Was quite interesting until the novelty had worn off. Nights were simply too long and dark, now at least there are more like a twilight.

Anybody remember when the cycles were equal in length ? And it really was pitch black during the night, only way to find a mob was a scope. Was quite interesting until the novelty had worn off. Nights were simply too long and dark, now at least there are more like a twilight.

Check the above thread from 2014 and especially post #11 ?

Calypso has an odd rotation. It is generally night time.

Check the above thread from 2014 and especially post #11 ?
He was playing in Windowed mode where gamma is way higher :D I was refering to things like https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/remove-day-night-cycle-plz.197946/ :D
When They introduced it it was almost pitch black at night in Fulllscreen.
Anyway....if some want to have the choice to switch it off, it is allways good to have choices.

Is this a calypso thing? I am on NI now. It's nighttime and the stars are out and I don't have any issues. On RT I don't have any issues. You asking for an option that could be a lot more complicated to implement than you think. Where there could be a better solution.

It always seems to be night when I play on Caly, I am in the UK and play European time in the evenings and weekends and there seems to be a lot more night time than day light

Is this a calypso thing? I am on NI now. It's nighttime and the stars are out and I don't have any issues. On RT I don't have any issues. You asking for an option that could be a lot more complicated to implement than you think. Where there could be a better solution.
That option was available at one time and I always played in the light. The darkness kind of strains my eyes as I have had surgery a while ago.

Back