Sweating Rules?

• No Rules what so ever!

Votes: 67 33.3%
  • Free will, do or not up 2 u.

Votes: 78 38.8%
  • Must obey the sweater boss and do what Simon said

Votes: 56 27.9%

• Total voters
Asking ppl to sweat in a circle is one thing. But being an insulting prick is completely uncalled for. It just leads to childish arguments and ruins everyone else's time there. I know this has been argued before, plenty. But like most mothers everywhere have said, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

There is no green harness marking the Sweat Monitor from everyone else, so do as I do and just ignore the mouthy bastards. Save your ire for those numbnuts who wander off and sweat mobs on their own, repeatedly sending extra mobs to the group. Laugh as their white dots appear on the radar :yay:

Easiest solution is to go and sweat somewhere else, it's not as if there is a lack of mobs to sweat. In fact sweating at Neas has become much more difficult recently because of the lag there. By the time you see the mob is moving and have tried to move your aim to compensate you have already lost focus. Between PA and Swamp Camp but East towards the river is a good place - Cornundacaudas, Daikibas, Sabakumas and very few people. Take a couple of friends with you and swunt there. You will get far more sweat that way.

Easiest solution is to go and sweat somewhere else, it's not as if there is a lack of mobs to sweat. In fact sweating at Neas has become much more difficult recently because of the lag there. By the time you see the mob is moving and have tried to move your aim to compensate you have already lost focus. Between PA and Swamp Camp but East towards the river is a good place - Cornundacaudas, Daikibas, Sabakumas and very few people. Take a couple of friends with you and swunt there. You will get far more sweat that way.

It is not about lag of mobs.

It is not about lag of places.

If I can sweat other mobs.

If I can sweat other places.

Why can't I do at nea's?

It is about lag of Freedom.

Every one has the same right.

To sweat where/when/how.

cheer;

dandy

lag..... even freedom can lag?

i think u meant lack.

and its not about the lack of freedom... if u dont want to follow the rule, then dont. Dont start telling what everyone should or shouldnt follow what they believe its the best for them. They have all the freedom they wanted, and they choose to follow the rule. They only would loss freedom if they were to force to sweat and cannot do anything else.

by telling them "you shouldn't follow the rule of sweating" itself is giving out order, which is the same as taking their freedom away.

It is not about lag of mobs.

It is not about lag of places.

If I can sweat other mobs.

If I can sweat other places.

Why can't I do at nea's?

Every one has the same right.

To sweat where/when/how.

cheer;

dandy

Please enlighten us on how you think you lack freedom. :rolleyes:

before the sweating change i never thought it would happen...but i gave up what i once like most in the game..
greetings nar

I voted that there is free will to do what you want while sweating....unless your in PvP then you will find out you need to do as told or get shot. :D

:handgun::dodge::rocket:

I have met some dude who is shooting at new players to force them to go sweat in formations.

I despise Noob bashers, and that kind of noob basher is like the worst of them all.

I have met some dude who is shooting at new players to force them to go sweat in formations.

I despise Noob bashers, and that kind of noob basher is like the worst of them all.

Thats me;)

at least noob basher are here to ensure his team are getting their sweat at the most efficient way possible, unlike those who thinks otherwise.

The fact is that sweating is broken from how it used to be. Now sweating is only successful in two ways - alone or in tight circle. Alone the mob stays right in position in front of you. Tight circle the mob just spins around in position. Anyting else and you lose aim and have less success.

The folks in the team want to the highest success and they agree to those rules. Unfortunately, and I don't have anything against you dandy, but sweating the team's mob outside of the circle is akin to KS'ing in a way.

If one wants to sweat a mob by his own plan there are plenty which are not being worked by a team I'm sure

...But it is about Freedom to sweat without being bullied by some who try to control like they own the mobs/lands and people.

Any one; from any where should go and sweat any mob without Rules.

I have done many sweat teams and never restrict or force people to conform the circle.

Sweating rules; were in the heads of a fews, who tried to enforce the rules.

Sweating should be Free, not only free to get; but free to do as well.

cheer;

dandy
Do you see some irony in this? You don't like being told what to do but in the same it's OK for you to tell people what to do?

Who gives you the right to tell people how to sweat? If they like being in Team and sweat in a circle, let them be... I really don't see your point.

You don't like sweating in a team? Fine, go do it someplace else. As for nobody owning a Team... you're wrong here as well; whoever puts the Team together owns that team; people joining means they've agreed to all terms.

I only wonder how would you feel if you're sweating by yourself or in a Team and someone kills the mob?
Freedom doesn't mean freedom to do anything you want to others; it means freedom to choose something else if you don't like the current situation.

PS I have to agree though that "the boss" could've explain everything instead of using stupid remarks.

Point #1:

Yes, there is total freedom to do and say what you want, when you want and where you want. Others also have total freedom to give their opinions of how such behaviour comes across to them.
But when 12 people have taken the trouble to organise themselves into a team so as to gather sweat and kill Ambu in the most effective way for them, why do you believe your right described above is more important than the right of the other 12 people to carry on with what they were doing before you arrived?

Point #2:

Ideal sweating scenario: team of 12 sweaters in a circle like the hours on a clockface, Ambu in centre rotating on the spot to strike at different team members. Ambu doesn't move so no-one loses focus, sweaters don't move so no loss of focus either. Ambu hits one sweater, hits another, no-one dies, then everyone shoots and again, no-one is blocking anyone else.
Everyone heals up, one person goes to tag the next one; the two sweaters to the sides of him move away to make a doorway for the Ambu. Tagged Ambu is led in, sweaters take their places, rinse and repeat.
Actual sweating is usually somewhat different. It's frustrating when you know how much easier people could make it for themselves (as well as you obviously) but they just refuse to listen or think.

They stand around looking about as intelligent as a cow chewing on a hand grenade - you almost expect them to say "Moo?"
Sometimes, in PvP, you do feel it would be a kindness to shoot these people.
Not saying that's what you are, dandy, just saying that's the usual sort of person who hangs around swunt groups but won't join in with the team.
And then sooner or later, the Ambu aggroes on that person and disrupts all the efforts of the swunters. Not really a fair reward for all their work is it?

Yes, we all have rights to do as we choose in EU, and guess what?
Everyone else has those same rights too.

I think we need a little less talk about rights and a little more talk about respect

...I think we need a little less talk about rights and a little more talk about respect

Absolutely! + rep.

I voted for Free Will.

My spin on this is based on the theory that people with conflicting interests should acknowledge their differences and stay out of each other's way.

Nea's is known as the place where organised sweating takes place, as opposed to the chaos at Swamp Camp. There is always a group there aiming to sweat efficiently. That is a fact of our beloved Universe which neither you nor I can change.

Now, if you want to sweat at Nea's, it makes sense for you to join the circle as inconspicuously as possible, so you don't interrupt the state of flow which was evidently in place before you arrived (otherwise people wouldn't be getting riled up about it?). This is simple (sweating) etiquette.

The background behind why people even care relates to how the sweating system has changed over time, especially after its reintroduction post-Cryengine. Now, losing the target actually matters. It is a similar story when hunting. The ideal way to hunt in a big team is by grouping around the mob so it doesn't run around like crazy and people miss when they could've hit. It saves people money (and in the case of sweating, time) on potential unnecessary misses.

To get personal since you showed the names on the screenshots, and while I understand that not everyone is compatible with everyone; Amonoa is a friend of mine and he is not an irrational bossy person, he simply wants what is best for everyone (including YOU!). I can't defend him for the "Jackass" thing, but then we don't get the entire picture from your two screenies.

I'm known for not being a conformist, but there is a very good reason people like to sweat in tight circles these days. I hope this explanation helped :)

Peace,

Dalas.

only successful in two ways - alone or in tight circle

Never heard of aim-mode?

Press space to switch between cursor-mode and aim-mode. In aim-mode you can aim and turn with the mouse, this works best in 1st person view. To go between 1st and 3rd person view, scroll the scrollwheel or press 5 on your nummeric keypad.

Never heard of aim-mode?

Press space to switch between cursor-mode and aim-mode. In aim-mode you can aim and turn with the mouse, this works best in 1st person view. To go between 1st and 3rd person view, scroll the scrollwheel or press 5 on your nummeric keypad.

The trouble with this Wody is at Nea's it's so laggy by the time you've managed to folow the mob with your mouse its too late and you've lost focus. I always do it this way but if the mob runs off I always lose the sweat focus and any sweat I would have got.

To the OP:

In general I think people should have freewill but there is also being respectful. Your complaint seems to be that you were disrespected (called names etc) when you didn't join their circle of sweaters when you were disrespectful of them in the first place by going to nea's and finding a group of people trying to sweat in a circle and not doing so therefore making their mob run away from the circle they had put effort into creating. So I think you have a right to complain about being disrespected but my advice is be respectful to others and you will find most will be respectful to you.

It must be a sweat dealler. :D
Lol.
Next thing you know u'll be giving him 80% of ur sweat just so that u could have some protection :D

The trouble with this Wody is at Nea's it's so laggy

If you have lag, lower the connectionspeed in the options in the clientloader, and/or the visual quality, if those don't help, get a better computer or connection. Although sometimes the EU connection isn't always good with all parts of the world, most of the time it is not the place that is laggy, personally I can't remember when the last time I had lag anywhere was.

A circle around the mob is good for both sweaters and healers, some people just don't get that.

If you have lag, lower the connectionspeed in the options in the clientloader, and/or the visual quality, if those don't help, get a better computer or connection. Although sometimes the EU connection isn't always good with all parts of the world, most of the time it is not the place that is laggy, personally I can't remember when the last time I had lag anywhere was.

I've done pretty much all of that Wody short of getting a new computer. It is definitely a individual computer problem not eu but as I'm not the only person experiencing it then it does help if people are a little more considerate in more populated areas. My problem is mostly the graphics though and at the moment I just can't afford to do anything about it. Even if it wasn't the case I would still probably sweat in a circle. It's nice to other sweaters and means I can write while I'm sweating.

I've done pretty much all of that Wody short of getting a new computer. It is definitely a individual computer problem not eu but as I'm not the only person experiencing it then it does help if people are a little more considerate in more populated areas. My problem is mostly the graphics though and at the moment I just can't afford to do anything about it. Even if it wasn't the case I would still probably sweat in a circle. It's nice to other sweaters and means I can write while I'm sweating.

some people just like to waste other people's effort in making a sweat circle and complain about it.

yea I love sweating in circle, you get to talk to others while auto clicking.

This thread...
implied-facepalm.jpg

Never heard of aim-mode?

o gee, thanks. i hadn't figured that out after only a few years of playing

it's still not perfect when sweating a moving mob. you lose focus now sometimes which makes it less efficient and can piss you off after a while.

This is really simple. If you want to sweat in a circle then make a team, get others to join and then go somewhere and sweat.

Sweating in a circle is fine, when a hunter is killing the dry it is the fastest way to collect sweat but when your NOT in a team and you just run out to the casual folks sweating then don't expect people to listen to you.

In fact telling people to form a circle with multiple ambus or when half the group refuses for whatever reason only makes matters worse as half the group runs arounds getting close to the ambu while the other half remains still.

I have often seen some over zealous circle people telling others to make the circle tighter and then 60 seconds later telling everyone to stop moving, then telling everyone to circle the ambu when it is next to them and again to stop moving when people move to form a circle which of course the ambu breaks apart running to someone on a bathroom break just to have everyone run around again with the circle king yelling for everyone to stop moving while at the same time complaining that no one is forming a circle, and on and on.

If you have over 2k SG, feel free to tell them to STFU, unless what they said make sense.

(I appreciate that sweating has changed a lot since VU 10)

:sweat:

I agree with mega.

Having meet you last year and scanned you, I believe your no noob. Some are just too uptight about this game. Yeah there is correct and wrong technique to everything but sweating isn't like brain surgery or something. Smash the sweat button, die, repeat.

Kosmos

I agree with mega.

Having meet you last year and scanned you, I believe you're no noob.
Yes he is - he chipped in all that SG! :D :laugh::laugh: :D

kosmos said:
Some are just too uptight about this game. Yeah there is correct and wrong technique to everything but sweating isn't like brain surgery or something. Smash the sweat button, die, repeat.

Kosmos
Nope, nothing like brain surgery - just plain ol' common sense. Which sadly seems about as rare as brain surgeons.

The initial effort of looking around and pressing a few keys to get into position is more than paid back by the lack of effort you need to make once you're sweating and shooting it. You'll have to FAP occasionally either way so that isn't an issue. Concentrating on button-mashing to gain something as trivial as sweat? I don't think so!
As Shana-tan says, you can relax and chat in a circle, it's also a better use of your time than being disorganised. It's a lot more rewarding to button-mash when hunting than it is sweating. And even more so in the PvP ring ;)
But not for sweating though! :rolleyes:

I think a lot of sweaters are semi-afk. They're just sitting there at the PC, watching TV and pressing a button when they remember to. What we need to do is grab their interest back by engaging them in gameplay - chatting, banter, involving them. And remembering to praise when they get it right and to criticize constructively when they get it wrong. Then hopefully they'll realise how and why people try to sweat in a circle.
Because it works!

As Shana-tan says, you can relax and chat in a circle, it's also a better use of your time than being disorganised. It's a lot more rewarding to button-mash when hunting than it is sweating. And even more so in the PvP ring ;)
But not for sweating though! :rolleyes:

I think a lot of sweaters are semi-afk.

That's the heart of it... who wants to have to pause a movie to run around after a mob that was standing still till someone came along and decided to agro it out of the circle? I don't want to sit and watch the sweat accumulate, it's boring as hell. And if sweat circle/soc channel chat is dead, I'd rather let my avatar suffer the boredom on his own, and just keep one eye on the pc while I watch a movie, make something to eat, clean, write in the forums, et cetera.

Hi all

Are they normal people? I never seen these people before.

well i was just going to click on no rules for sweating, but then i looked at the screenshot..

you say you have never seen these people before, they are in a group doing a activity, you join in, they ask you to play by their rules, why then did you not leave the mob they were on and go find your own ambu to sweat on your own if you didnt like the way they were doing things?

It now looks like you wanted to take advantage of what the group was doing without respecting what they were doing.

i assume you are a adult, with 2000 sweatgather skill i can assume you have played this game a while, so i think its fair of me to assume that you should know that you would get the reaction you did...

So I went down to the local ball-diamond the other day. There was a pickup game of softball in progress. I wanted to play too, and it's a free country, so I went and stood between the pitcher's mound and home plate.

You wouldn't believe the jerks that were there! The guy on the pitcher's mound told me to move! But I didn't want to move. Then they started calling me names, and the bully on the pitcher's mound threw a ball right past me! It almost hit me!

What do you think? Should there be rules at a free public park like that?

Hi all

I haven't been sweating much at all since VU11 arrived.

Recently I have visited Nea's to some small sweating.

Never have any problem till recently.

Some one in a sweating group normally tried to be a boss.

Telling people and me to circle the mob.

I was NOT complied to the request and got called name and such.

Are they normal people? I never seen these people before.

I have been sweating alot(more than 2k sg) in the paste; and never have such problem.

Yesterday an avatar came to our sweating group and asked if this was free or team sweating, I said it was a Free Team.

I said once before "it was good to ask; but to do or not to do was up to each one"

Any one else have seen a bossy in your sweating group?

cheer;

dandy

I agree with mega.

Having meet you last year and scanned you, I believe your no noob. Some are just too uptight about this game. Yeah there is correct and wrong technique to everything but sweating isn't like brain surgery or something. Smash the sweat button, die, repeat.

Kosmos

Wrong, you don´t have to die, as long as you sweat together with others in a tight circle. The dmg the ambu does is split among all and you have time to regenerate.
The way you describe sweating gives you at max 100 sweat per hour...
When you got 2k sweat gathering skills that way, you have lost your last braincells for sure.

Back