Noob crafting with looted materials

Brock

Mature
Brock Obama Viekingfjord
Hello all!
I'd like to dabble in crafting to develop a further understanding of this notoriously dynamic world of EU, but I want to primarily use the materials that I get from hunting. Would any of you experienced crafters share some insight as to what I should try crafting at this point?

What BP should I use that will eat up my TT food and give me some skills?

Or, if I'm thinking all wrong, please set me straight ;)

Lvl I - I Conductors, Lvl II - I Springs, Lvl III - I Plastic Ruds.
These will eat up some oils (and PED) ;)

textures eat up wool, hides, robot parts, stones, ore/ematter and extractors

Depends on what you hunt. If you go for Argos craft Basic Screws (Iron only)

Want to know a secret....

IMO unless you cant acquire the materials yourself due to shortage or crazy price hikes.... its better to sell your loot @ MU or around, and buy your materials needed for below MU.....

Chances are you'll never have enough looted mats to really do a decent craft run... 200 clicks on conductors is 4k muscle oil and 400 eye oil.... thats a lot of muscle oil.

If you value your loot at TT then its all good, but iron as someone stated can be sold nicely... same with many oils... and its very possible to get the oils below what you can sell them for therefore you can make savings in that margin difference.

Thats my advice :D, of course if you need something that has crazy price spike or something and want to rather try to get it yourself then pay crazy price it could be better... but maybe not either :D.

Remember on a spread sheet.... itll balance out... if you do a hunting/mining/crafting logs.... you'll net your hunting loot @ TT, which slightly hurts your possible MU gains in hunting, but because of that you'll have an advantage crafting because your materials are valued at TT... it works out to be the same... but like I said I prefer to sell at MU and buy other stuff below... that way my hunting log gets the MU added to TT value of loot and then my crafting run pays a small MU.

Hope that makes sense.

Remember on a spread sheet.... itll balance out... if you do a hunting/mining/crafting logs.... you'll net your hunting loot @ TT, which slightly hurts your possible MU gains in hunting, but because of that you'll have an advantage crafting because your materials are valued at TT... it works out to be the same... but like I said I prefer to sell at MU and buy other stuff below... that way my hunting log gets the MU added to TT value of loot and then my crafting run pays a small MU.

Hope that makes sense.

Looted oils on you're hunting sheet should have the markup included
Same goes for crafting, how else can you know how you really did & what would've been the best move (craft or sell materials)
itsz not couse you can get musscle oil at tt price that it's also only worth tt price;)

a lot of great comments so far, thanks for the tips!

+reps all around :D

yeah i guess it`s better if you sell your oil/wool/hide you get for some MU. I think it saved loads of my runs to break even. You need to be really eco, but then the small loot MU can make the difference to bring you to break even!
If you really want to craft I would go with textures, you can use your animal hides and some extractors you loot for it. The normal animal hides have low MU anyway.

Generic leather textures might be a candidate here. Leather extractors and animal hides are really low MU, and a run on this yields some metal residue - which has a much higher MU than either (about 108% IIRC).

One slight problem with this is that you need a tailoring material refiner. This can be obtained from the TT, but it's by far the most expensive of the refiners - about 15 PED. On the other hand, taking this thing with you on a hunting run can help sometimes, because hides are heavy and the leather from them not so much. Sometimes, if you are lucky, you end up with enough hides to weigh you down. Decay on the refiners is really low and not much of a factor.

Similar weight-reduction comments apply to mining (both types) and to some extent hunting specifically argonauts and probably drones. A good run on these gives a rather large amount, weight-wise, of iron stone or IIRC gazzurdite for drones. The ingots are much lighter.

Keep the unlocks in mind as well. For example, skilling in tailoring won't give you BPC (Blueprint Comprehension) at level 10, but it will give you Fashion Design at level 15. Texture crafting - Material Manufacturer - however will unlock BPC.

Generic leather textures might be a candidate here. Leather extractors and animal hides are really low MU, and a run on this yields some metal residue - which has a much higher MU than either (about 108% IIRC).

This is a great one to craft. A lot of low level mobs drop the basic leather extractors, and almost every mob drops animal hides. Since the mark up on both of those is pretty small, it's easy to just craft what you loot on these.

The blueprint itself is great for skilling because it has SIB and doesn't cost much per click. You also get a wide range of skills from crafting it. It gives you engineering, tailoring and carpentry skills which can be applied to any crafting profession there is

IMO unless you cant acquire the materials yourself due to shortage or crazy price hikes.... its better to sell your loot @ MU or around, and buy your materials needed for below MU.....

Chances are you'll never have enough looted mats to really do a decent craft run... 200 clicks on conductors is 4k muscle oil and 400 eye oil.... thats a lot of muscle oil.

If you value your loot at TT then its all good, but iron as someone stated can be sold nicely... same with many oils... and its very possible to get the oils below what you can sell them for therefore you can make savings in that margin difference.

Thats my advice :D, of course if you need something that has crazy price spike or something and want to rather try to get it yourself then pay crazy price it could be better... but maybe not either :D.

Hope that makes sense.

The only good advice I read so far.
If you think your loot is "TT food" then better have a good budget, in which case you would not be asking in first place.
Does not matter how little the _AVERAGE_ MU is(and most people forget, that the client only shows us the average), anything above 100% means you can cut your losses and get closer to break even.
The moment you dump something into TT you will make a loss 100%.

The only good advice I read so far.
If you think your loot is "TT food" then better have a good budget, in which case you would not be asking in first place.
Does not matter how little the _AVERAGE_ MU is(and most people forget, that the client only shows us the average), anything above 100% means you can cut your losses and get closer to break even.
The moment you dump something into TT you will make a loss 100%.

I was using the term TT food loosely, referring to those items you get from looting that have a very low markup, ie muscle oil, hides, some wools, etc.

I do not, nor have I ever sold anything to the TT (besides ammo, NOT explosive rounds), and I don't think anyone should. They should sell it to me :D

the best bps to start on are simple I conductors, generic leather, or large striped cotton fabric texture. all level I bps.

simple I conductors (muscle / eye)
generic leather (leather / leather extractor)
large striped cotton (wool / cloth extractor)

all cheap options. generic leather being the cheapest. might wanna start there. i looted almost all I-III bps from generic leather bp alone. also got it up to qr 100. its especially nice w/ autoclick feature now

Back