noob hunting?

SK33T3R

Provider
Society
STARFLEET COMMAND
Mosquito SK33T3R Valentine
I just started playing about 2 weeks ago and im starting to do more hunting. I have no mentor so im asking for help here. Which is better? The opalo or the isis cb5? I see alot of people with the cb5 but i noticed it was limited so you cant repair. Should i sell my opalo and buy one? or should i stick with laser weapons?

Well personally i would recommend opalo, since u can buy its from tt, it has no markup and it can be repaired

Opalo is ok, dont forget that you can go for handguns or blades also.
If you go for opalo, when hit ability reaches 10/10 look at (L) carbines like M1 etc..

You are the only one who must know what weapon to use. Indeed, cb5 is faster and I personally noticed less decay. But when you skill you always must know if you will use that skill in the future. So, it is up to you if you want to pay more decay or spend more ammo. Blp weapons usualy have bigger decay but also high damage. I personally use laser weapons. And I recommand if you decide to hunt to concentrate on handguns, since most of fighttime is close combat. Cheers

I guess it's a matter of comparing stats. If you look at http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=372 and http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=265 you can see damage per second, damage per pec, etc.

I guess more people start with the Opalo because it is easily available in the TT while the CB5 is looted and therefore more difficult to get. These two are very similar, and from what I can see, the CB5 is slightly better, but only slightly. I could be wrong though, and am interested to see what others have to say. I'm still rather new myself.

The only way to decide comes with experience. We can give you advices, but everyone has their personal preferences. You should try as many weapons as you can get, and sooner or later you also would have your own opinion about them. Then you can decide what you like to use. Until then it does not really matter if you use opalo or cb5.

I had this same question and personally decided to go with the CB5.. I just think BLP is cooler.. =) I always felt like some kind of stormtrooper with an opallo. But base the choice on your own personal perference. Theirs no wrong answer when choosing a weapon if you enjoy it.

Laser = more eco.
BLP = more DPS/reload

If you like hunting big mobs for fun, go with BLP. If you like to conserve your peds and hunt as economically as possible, go with Laser.
If you want to hunt and chip out skills for profit, go with BLP.'
If you want to skill skill skill skill and get unlocks the most economic way, go with laser.
If you want to not think about these things, go with both.

The opallo is the standard entry level weapon, most use this weapon until it is maxed out. Once you have maxed it you can then look at another weapon that will give you the S.I.B such as a Breer M1a. Or you can add an amp to the opallo
There is all the info available on weapons and skilling with the right weapon, have a look around and have a read. Don't forget about eco as well you don't want to be using a weapon that drains your rounds out in comparison to your skills....

I just started playing about 2 weeks ago and im starting to do more hunting. I have no mentor so im asking for help here. Which is better? The opalo or the isis cb5? I see alot of people with the cb5 but i noticed it was limited so you cant repair. Should i sell my opalo and buy one? or should i stick with laser weapons?

Hey its you!! :yay:

This guy is wearing full Pixie and has played for 2 weeks.

I tried to advice him on what to hunt...but no joke, its been 4 nearly 5 years since I shot small mobs..I was a bit crap remembering lol :laugh:

But tried to advice maybe sticking with Opalo, hunting small mobs for a while longer.

He seemed rather surprised I mentioned doing it for a few months yet :D

So, what are we looking for here..

Links to 'what to hunt' for his skill level, and maybe weapon, armor etc.

Hope everyone can help :thumbup:

:)

Yea man! Grab that opalo and head to Ft Argus and blast away on the snable and snarks. They`ll drop some of those lower pieces of armor for you. Start your goblin set possibly. I even got lucky once and got an esi from one of those snark there. Sweat as you go and you`ll be pulling in enough sweat to offset a good part of ammo cost for an opalo. Opalo is cheap, maxed fast, available in tt and most of all repairable. So at that level of gun any difference in eco is`nt going to be too big yet to make a huge difference. Then when your maxed you can look to more options. Either way if you start with pistol or rifle you`ll still be gaining other combat skills that will benefit you even if you switch later. Personally I`ve skilled both hg and rifle and laser, blp and plasma just to be on the safe side. You never know what the future holds. Now go get that noob ATH! :D

Yea man! Grab that opalo and head to Ft Argus and blast away on the snable and etc

Thats good then, told him to go there lol :)

I wasnt too crap then lol :laugh:

Hey its you!! :yay:

This guy is wearing full Pixie and has played for 2 weeks.

I gave him his full Pixie and his Vito from the TT.

I had most the pixie in my apartment and was ncie and bought the two missing peices from auction for him... then I repaired everything to full TT before handing it over.... I'm such a nice guy. lol

To be honest when comparing opalo vs cb5 your going to only see 3 differences.

• one is looted
  • one has markup
  • one has 48 hits per min instead of 44
  • oh well one is laser and the other is rat atat tat (blp)

ok i lied 4 differences :silly2:

edit... oh and one has unlimited amp options (opalo) the other doesn't

I gave him his full Pixie and his Vito from the TT.

I had most the pixie in my apartment and was ncie and bought the two missing peices from auction for him... then I repaired everything to full TT before handing it over.... I'm such a nice guy. lol

Please dont hold back on blowing your own trumpet lol :laugh:

BTW, he said it was a gift :wtg:

Seems a nice guy :)

Perhaps we could get him better?

Im up for it :wtg:

Please dont hold back on blowing your own trumpet lol :laugh:

BTW, he said it was a gift :wtg:

Seems a nice guy :)

Perhaps we could get him better?

Im up for it :wtg:

LOL Far be it for me to blow my own horn... hahaha who am I kidding... someone has to do it!

You can be up for it all you want DJ - all the power to ya - I don't mind helping the guy get started, but I am not going to be shelling out too much more on his avatar. I've already given him that, and kept him in ammo and some probes.... the bank of Xander is closing for the thanksgiving weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving) :)

But I'm sure he'd be happy to take any donations anyone might have for him :) Seems like a good kid - very eager to learn all he can about EU thats for sure.

but I am not going to be shelling out too much more on his avatar.

I agree btw.

Well done for helping him.

But he must make his own way, find the info etc..God knows theres enough here at E.F :wtg:

fish/feeding/day/stuff lol comes to mind :D

I've had decent luck (as a noob) with the Opalo but I "sweat-hunt" small mobs like Dakis and Chickens.

So I tend to do better PED wise being I get sweat to sell to help pay for ammo and decay. But it is a Sloooooow Process to sweat-hunt and may not be to your tastes.

I also sweat-hunt sans any armor at all to save from paying for armor decay.

Dex :cool:

No-one has mentioned the most important difference between the TT weapons and the low-level L weapons.

TT weapons start at Hit Ability 3.0, whereas L weapons start at 0.0 if you don't have the skills to use them. What this means is that a new player will miss 16% of the time with an Opalo, but 20% with a CB5. and that advantage will grow as you gain skills using the Opalo.

You should only use any L weapon once you have the skills so that its Hit Ability is above about 8.0. i can't say where that will be for the CB5, but it is at least several hundred rifle skills.

And never, ever, consider using an Unlimited gun like the Jester-D1, which starts at HA 0.0, and rises very, very, slowly.

Try an experiment.
Go out with an Opalo and 1000 ammo and hunt, say, male snables.
When the hunt is finished check how much decay you had on armour/opalo/Fap.
Do a new hunt with ISIS CB5 with 1000 ammo and check how much decay you had then on armour/ISIS/Fap.
N.B. Don't forget to multiply the decay on the ISIS by the markup which you have paid. If you paid 130% markup on the ISIS then a decay of 1 PED will have cost you 1.3 PED.
DO this EVEN IF you have looted the CB5 (You could have sold the weapon and got 130% markup for it).

This will give you an idea of their relative costs.

Ive decided for now to sell my cb5 and stick with apolo. I LOVE the cb5 more but the cost isnt worth it yet. Not till i get more money.

To be honest when comparing opalo vs cb5 your going to only see 3 differences.

• one is looted
  • one has markup
  • one has 48 hits per min instead of 44
  • oh well one is laser and the other is rat atat tat (blp)

ok i lied 4 differences :silly2:

edit... oh and one has unlimited amp options (opalo) the other doesn't

Ive decided for now to sell my cb5 and stick with apolo. I LOVE the cb5 more but the cost isnt worth it yet. Not till i get more money.

Good decission :D

Cool thing about eu you skill other areas as well as the main thing you do. You can revisit blp later for the rat atat tat.

Back