Noob providing a tip for noobs

goodguy888

Society
SDFS
Aven goodguy888 Zhang
Hiya there. Here's a couple tips that you may already know, but I'll just repeat it again (hopefully I'm not...)

1. Don't waste ammo. If you sweated a mob dry, don't try to kill that mob, especially with noob weapons because shooting it dead will usually cost more than the amount of sweat gathered. Use the turrets. (Only exception: High loot mob and in a group.)

2. Sweat in a group. While this may be controversial (hope not), you can sweat better without having to move when you sweat(towards a turret) or take damage and have your "concentration lost." While the mob is attacking your partner, you sweat, and vise versa. Even 2 is usually better than going solo. (Exception: If your so skilled that it doesn't matter. But you won't be, because you're reading this cuz your a noob like me.)

3. Don't sweat stuff that's harder than you can handle. I once saw a total newbie trying to sweat a level 5 cautagerus. Needless to say, it didn't go well.

4. Finding a good place to sweat that has mobs and turrets nearby can greatly increase your speed.

5. Enter first-person while sweating. not only can you sweat faster by holding down the mouse button, you can also aim better so that you "target" isn't "lost" when you or the mob moves.

If anyone else has any tips, then by all means, post them here. Hope this helps!:D

Last edited:
Hiya there. Here's a couple tips that you may already know, but I'll just repeat it again (hopefully I'm not...)

1. Don't waste ammo. If you sweated a mob dry, don't try to kill that mob, especially with noob weapons because shooting it dead will usually cost more than the amount of sweat gathered. Use the turrets. (Only exception: High loot mob and in a group.)

2. Sweat in a group. While this may be controversial (hope not), you can sweat better without having to move when you sweat(towards a turret) or take damage and have your "concentration lost." While the mob is attacking your partner, you sweat, and vise versa. Even 2 is usually better than going solo. (Exception: If your so skilled that it doesn't matter. But you won't be, because you're reading this cuz your a noob like me.)

3. Don't sweat stuff that's harder than you can handle. I once saw a total newbie trying to sweat a level 5 cautagerus. Needless to say, it didn't go well.

4. Finding a good place to sweat that has mobs and turrets nearby can greatly increase your speed.

If anyone else has any tips, then by all means, post them here. Hope this helps!:D

This is great info except for #1. It depends what your end goal is. If you're planning on sweating first to get some cash rolling then go hunt, then yes I agree with you. If you want to progress in skills AND make some money with sweating, I encourage you to kill your mobs for the following reasons:

a. Loot
b. Skills
c. Points towards mission
d. Excitement/fun

However, make sure you are able to handle the mob as you stated before. It is no good if you can only shoot it 3 times then die, because the mob will regen whatever damage you just did by the time you run back. Also, be aware that if a turret kills your creature, even if it did the last 2 hp of damage, you will not be able to loot it. You want to be close to the revive, but definitely out of turret range in order to avoid killing a mob halfway, then resulting in a turret kill no-looter.

----

Edit: well sh*t.... I just noticed you posted this in the sweating subforum. In that case you are right. But I will leave my notes up as reference for those who are not sure if it is good to kill the mob or not afterwards. Best of luck!

Thanks for the info. I will remember. But I do believe that ranged noob weapons are out of the question for efficiency, and level 1 mobs aren't worth it for their loot? Am I correct?

FYI: Punies appear to carry only 10 sweat. I think I read somewhere that sweat is 1:1 ratio with health, also.

to point 5 , you can use the button toggle auto use tool. so you dont need to hold your mouse button down.

How do you use said "auto-use" tool?

You can find the command in the action library (press Y to open the library). It called "toggle auto tool use" i think.

You can then drag the command to the key of your choice by opening the in game keyboard (G) and the edit panel (L) and then drag the command.

You can do the same with other command or even items such as the VSE mk 1

Thankyou. I was aware of the keyboard edit and what-not, but this auto use tool thing will be very useful.

That page looks a little old to me. Current most popular sweat camps are near Camp Icarus, Nea's Place and just north of the OLA42 TP.

now that you have auto tool working I am sure you will come to realize that.

First person view sucks when sweating in a large circle group. 3rd person, with camera pulled back at a 45 degree angle over the shoulder, with your mouse hovering over the mob (center of circle). Is far superior :wise:

That page looks a little old to me. Current most popular sweat camps are near Camp Icarus, Nea's Place and just north of the OLA42 TP.

Haha.. I suppose so.

Thx for the info~ Nea's is merry as ever. lol~

Back