Not everyone is nice.. so take care

Granny Rowan

Old Alpha
Society
Natural Born Killers
Granny Rowan Render
New Players please take care.

The following situation was recently noted in Twin Peaks.
A fairly new player who has chosen to be a trader in ores/enmatts was approached at Twin by a random player and questioned about their fap skills, how much they had depo'd in game and how much they have made now.
These are not questions any normal player would ask out of the blue, and I would hope would set alarm bells ringing.

For the sake of simplicity I will now call them 'Trader' and 'Random'
Having established that Trader was indeed new, and making a profit / has stock etc Random then
asked if they had a toxic shot and when they replied no, Random suggested that he should buy one at TT. Once purchased Randominsisted that Trader immediately arm it.
He then suggested that Trader meet him in pvp4.
Fortunately Trader has 'older' friends in game and queried this. They of course advised he stay well away.
After speaking to his EU friends Trader, challenged Random and accused him of trying to loot him in pvp4 Random said was for skills, and anyway the area marked lootable so not scamming anyone.

In a way he is right.. it is a marked area, but playing on the gullibility of new players while seeming to take a friendly interest in them is just plain mean.

Dont let this put you off, people like this are the sad minority, most people you will meet in EU are pleasant and friendly and helpful. But it is a real cash economy, don't throw caution to the wind just because it is a game.
:wise:

That said, EU is a great place and I hope you all have immense fun in-game. :)

PM me this avatars name so I can shoot them next time they show up in PVP4

It's not good for the game and the community. If one noob joins and has a great time in game, he might invite some of his irl friends who might also get hooked on Entropia. Mouth to mouth marketing can never hurt.

On the other hand, if a newbie who worked hard for his peds gets tricked and looted by an older player, he will badmouth all of Entropia whenever he has a chance to do so.

I would like to see this person's name out in the open in a thread such as this on PCF. Let's see who is desperate enough to trick newbs into looting them... Really, are there people that desperate out there?

I blame the Education system :wise:

HAHahahahaaaaaaaa haaha ahaahaah aha...sry that was childish....just washed my perdee lille face, feeling all fresh and shit^huh^ :lolup:

Sounds familiar to something that happened to me while ago at Twins, cant remember the avatar name but should have it in the logs will check tonight.

Was along the lines of

SCAMATAR: I'll hire you to FAP and also buy all of your loot from you (because I was chatting to the traders in twins) Ill give you better prices though....

ME:Sure thing

SCAMATAR: Ok meet me here (POS), we will fly out then I will buy your stuff, you will need a toxic shot though.

Me:Ok I'll get my loot and meet you there, delay... wait.. delay.. about 15-20 mins

SCAMATAR: You coming?

Me: Yeah sorry was getting everything now I'm heavy and walking slow :(

So we start flying and SCAMATAR then says wait I have to put armor on, lands vtol puts armor on and recalls it and kills me. Then receives 1 dung, messages me and says I thought you had loot on you... DUMBARSE!

I'd like to think that that 30 minutes or so saved at least 1 to 2 newbies, then stayed in Twins warning everyone about them.

I had someone ask me something similar, in a way, recently.
Asked me if I wanted to go take a few pot shots from his quad. All I had to do was bring ammo.
Almost did it too. Not that I would have had loot on me or anything.

But, seeing as he didn't clarify and I didn't ask.
When I eventually got around to asking again for the WP, it was smack dab in the middle of the nub rig area. Ok might not be exactly the same. Seems he wanted to PK from the quad, or something along those lines. And I had a whole different concept in mind.
Just told him I won't be making it after all.

Didn't say this at the time, but I'm not in the business of making the game more difficult for newbies.
If it was PVP3/4 then I mighta considered it.

Dont let this put you off, people like this are the sad minority, most people you will meet in EU are pleasant and friendly and helpful. But it is a real cash economy, don't throw caution to the wind just because it is a game.
:wise:

That said, EU is a great place and I hope you all have immense fun in-game. :)
When I was still wet around the ears I hatched a plot, after discovering that there was a huge plot of LAs which were PVP enabled, to stalk newbs, with my 500 ped Lichter plasma gun, (I didn't realise you couldn't loot them there) - and only my mentor stopped me by pointing out how many KOS lists I would be on for 'newb-killing'. He also warned me about the 'Just step into the wormhole' trick LOL I guess, I'm just not a nice guy deep - down :^)
BUT - note for newbies - NEVER TRUST A COLORIST TO TAKE ANYTHING UNLESS YOU SCAN THEM AND FIND THAT THEY HAVE SKILLS/OR ARE OLD.

We as a community def need to watch out for this... Without a new player base this game will slowly stall out and have no future. Having individuals act in such a manner is not conducive to long term playing in EU.... I encourage anyone who see these activities to say something in local chat, call out the avatar's name thats doing it.... Try to put a stop to such dishonest dynamics in game.

anyway the area marked lootable so not scamming anyone

Unless it's been changed, pvp3/pvp4 isn't marked on map until you actually cross the border. And if you need to tell someone to get an antitoxic shot and meet you there, it's a weak defense for a wannabe scammer.

Back