Not Happy with PE

Mango

Alpha
Society
AO
Mango Trixie Fandango
Hello,

Most of ya prolly know me...For those who dont. Hey I'm Mango i have been in PE for aprox 2 years now. Been very active over the entire time and addicted as hell....but atm PE is going down and down.
MA does not communicate with us.. Loots are crap.. We can bitch, mone, whine do anything but we aint gettin no reply from MA.
So i wanna write them a letter from us as the community and add a Petition to it. Because the way it is going now PE is less and less fun and looses interest of a lott of players.
I wanna enjoy the game i have been paying good money for. Its not like it has been like thos forever used to enjoy the game to the fullest. I dont wanna feel screwed over every day because i am only loosing my peds with whatever i do. I wanna kno what is happening @ MA.

I want my damn FUN back in this game.

I kno I'm not alone in this so I'd like to see whose with me, and then set this up. The bigger the numbers the more chance this has of actually working out!

Greetings,

Mango

I have played for two years as well and I can say that I still enjoy PE more than any other MMORPG. I have tried others and always come back.

I personally don't feel like a petition would be effective. However, to draw up a PE Player Roadmap would be something I could support. Asuming that I agree with it. ;)

It is easy for people to complain that something must be done. It is another thing entirely to be a part of the solution. I beleive MA would be much more likely to react to something that has ideas for them to springboard off of.

Lets face it. If they had their own great ideas we would be dancing in the streets.

DD
:evilking:

I agree the fun factor has kinda gone down a little lately. I think something gone unbalanced this VU cause it seems that many are having trouble finding something that works for them in this VU. But hey a new VU is comming very soon it seams and mabey the fun factor will go back up.

I think whats making it a bit of fun for me is trying to get our alliance functioning. We need something like landgrab but something that EVERYONE can participate in.

The way I see it you should be able to spend/loose 15 US a month on PE (the avg MMORPG monthly fee) and have fun with it.

One glaring thing i'm finding is i can't go on a quick 30-60 min hunt without loosing majorly. Seems to just get like 80% back you need to hunt for like 3-4 hours. Well i'm a husband and a dad. I dont have the much time free.

Well the Main fact is thei communication with us went down.
And they have very low awareness of whuts going on and how we feel..
And that i want changed...
There are to many pple around me quitting that dont wanna see leaving for me to ignore this

And Yes Rex..pple with less time shud be able to make money..or atleast lose less then pple that can play all day.

TO EVERYONE (not particular towards the thread starter)

This is kinda off-topic but on-topic concerning these forums.
We wouldnt like the forums to turn into alot of whining, people posting "I'm Quitting" and such, now, i know this thread isnt about anyone leaving, i just wanted to say we should try keeping whining low, i will add some more to the forum rules concerning this matter.

Just saying this so members dont feel this forum will be a bitching community, let's try keeping it clean.

I'm gonna let this thread stay, and open, everyone is having a hard time in PE sooner or later, so people wanting to vent is inevitable.

Let's see how this thread turns out...

Last edited:
Not trying to whine...
Juz putting down the situation how it is now.
And telling that i think if it keeps up there is more and more reason for pple to whine so some action shud be taken

MindBuster said:

We wouldnt like the forums to turn into alot of whining, people posting "I'm Quitting" and such, now, i know this thread isnt about anyone leaving, i just wanted to say we should try keeping whining low, i will add some more to the forum rules concerning this matter.

Just saying this so members dont feel this forum will be a bitching community, let's try keeping it clean.

I'm gonna let this thread stay, and open, everyone is having a hard time in PE sooner or later, so people wanting to vent is inevitable.

Agreed 100%. Negativity rubs off on others. I firmly belive half of ppls problems ingame are due to the negativity of the community (without naming a specific forum).

I can add that I have enjoyed PE much more since I joined this forum, Lets not ruin that...

DD

The issue with MA towards the community is quite horrible. Wheres the contact? :( Just some questions a week and a visit ingame every month. Atleast it feels like thats the whole contact with MA you get. Might sound whiney but i just hope that they will improve on this subject and have fun with us :) Else im so damn happy bout PE ;) :tongue2:

The way I see it is that what MA has promised can be questioned. They never promised anyone to profit and make alot of money all the time. Some people actually do but thats another story. If game aint funny leave for awhile and come back later. Maybe wait until next VU.
I also have big hopes for this forum and I hope the responsible people for it takes actions in a early stage to keep it fun :wise: :D

strakkan said:
The way I see it is that what MA has promised can be questioned. They never promised anyone to profit and make alot of money all the time. Some people actually do but thats another story. If game aint funny leave for awhile and come back later. Maybe wait until next VU.
I also have big hopes for this forum and I hope the responsible people for it takes actions in a early stage to keep it fun :wise: :D

Well i am in no way trying to ruin fun on this forum.
Sorry if u see it like this.
As said earlier main thing i wanna accomplish with this wud be improving communication between MA en the players..cuz this disturbs me. I think a good communication cud make PE even more enjoyable for the players.

Maybe you should write them a letter? You never know what you may find out.

DD

Devil Doll said:
Maybe you should write them a letter? You never know what you may find out.

DD

That is the plan
but i'd rather do that with a group of players then alone
Might actually get answer...

MindBuster said:

Your a good man MindBuster. Yes people will get excited and start posting sfuff that is not needed. I'm quilty of it as well. Oh well shit happens ;)
Learn from your mistakes, it's the best Mentor you'll ever have in life :D
As for the rest of this post just ignore my lil responce, I know it has nothing to do with it :)

Well, acctually.. this thread the way I see it:
Mango misses the contact with MA and wants to write them a letter.

Thats not whining, thats trying to do something about a acctual problem. (the missing contact with MA) :wise:

I fully agree tho that whining should be forbidden :D

Actually, MA has always been bad with the communications with the players.

There were some time, when they announced that Marco (the Com-Rep) were about to spend more time with the community. that worked for a week or two, but went back to "normal".

MA doesn't really care about the community, as long as they get the money they wants.

Hopefully, they will (one day) see that they might change a thing or two, to enhance our experience in PE.

But until then.. just my 2 cents :)

Mango, where were you last night? Missed you on soc chat! You realise you should have been in game instead of posting here? Loot was pretty good last night (8 Feb MA Time), and it wasn't only me that was experiencing it ;)

Agreed with the lack of contact from MA btw.

Just to play Devils advocate here...

So say MA starts commmunicating to the players. What are they going to say? "We know you hate it but thats too bad."

I mean c'mon, it's lose lose for them at this point. If they stepped into EP they would be beheaded in ten minutes.

DD

Devil Doll said:
Just to play Devils advocate here...

So say MA starts commmunicating to the players. What are they going to say? "We know you hate it but thats too bad."

I mean c'mon, it's lose lose for them at this point. If they stepped into EP they would be beheaded in ten minutes.

DD

As for last VU a lott have thing have been changed cuz of pple filling in support cases..
Communication is juz a vailiable part of holding a community.
If we can explain to them whuts wrong, and they could think with us in the game we cud make it more enjoyable for all players. And MA cud actually receive more money instead of see pple commin and going every day

I think MA follows what players say but they just skip everything that goes on in forums for 2-3 weeks after for very obvious reasons.

Proper way to tell MA about bugs and such is submitting a support case. Whats proper way to tell opinions? Dunno. There's lots of problems in every way that it could be done. One thing is that those players who are loudest usually just have negative things to say. Also they present only portion of all players. Even EP, while having loads of members, presents only a fraction of whole PE player base. Having 100 players complaining about something - how much that tells about the whole situation in PE?

I guess the lack of communication is much because lack of official forums. Without official place they really cant start to communicate too much through private forums. If they would, they would risk informing and communicating with only very small % of players. It would be dangerous to MA and PE. Small group of ranting players might override silent opinion of thousands players.

The voting poll booths had been inactive ofr a year or so.

Essi said:
I think MA follows what players say but they just skip everything that goes on in forums for 2-3 weeks after for very obvious reasons.

Proper way to tell MA about bugs and such is submitting a support case. Whats proper way to tell opinions? Dunno. There's lots of problems in every way that it could be done. One thing is that those players who are loudest usually just have negative things to say. Also they present only portion of all players. Even EP, while having loads of members, presents only a fraction of whole PE player base. Having 100 players complaining about something - how much that tells about the whole situation in PE?

I guess the lack of communication is much because lack of official forums. Without official place they really cant start to communicate too much through private forums. If they would, they would risk informing and communicating with only very small % of players. It would be dangerous to MA and PE. Small group of ranting players might override silent opinion of thousands players.

Good point made.
However at the moment....pretty much no communication is held with MA.
I definately want to see this improved.
I agree with u on a small group ranting players being able to override silent players.
But well it has to start somewhere
I am really trying to make this accesable for all players on PE. But it is hard to reach em all. This forum and EP are my start. And trying to get pple to help me on this 1.
I think reaching as many societies leaders as possible could be a start.
Them explaining it to their members. Or juz showing them a URL where all could be explained.

I want the PE community to be heard by MA...but do it in a way that MA can actually discuss with a smaller group representing a community (or part of it) Cuz juz making every1 shout @ MA wont work either.

Mango said:
Good point made.
However at the moment....pretty much no communication is held with MA.
I definately want to see this improved.
I agree with u on a small group ranting players being able to override silent players.
But well it has to start somewhere
I am really trying to make this accesable for all players on PE. But it is hard to reach em all. This forum and EP are my start. And trying to get pple to help me on this 1.
I think reaching as many societies leaders as possible could be a start.
Them explaining it to their members. Or juz showing them a URL where all could be explained.

I want the PE community to be heard by MA...but do it in a way that MA can actually discuss with a smaller group representing a community (or part of it) Cuz juz making every1 shout @ MA wont work either.

I can guarantee they do hear. They do follow whats going on and they do know how some of the players feel. However, that said they are still making money and the game is still quite popular with new ppl joining everyday. Why should they change it? Why should they hire two maybe three people to run a forum filled with accusations of MA stealing ppls money etc...

Just because some are upset does not mean all are upset. Furthermore, a petition is going to do nothing to improve your situation unless you can get the majority of the depositing player base to sign it.

DD

argh- ok I've written about this on EP and spoken to so many ppl in game about this issue lately.
I am in complete agreement with Essi on this one. I believe immediately following a VU, MA does not pay excessive attention to forums. I suspect in the coming weeks we'll see and hear more from Marco.

As for the petition..... :wise:
The only thing that MA is going to respond to is their profit. Sure it would be all nice and peaches and cream if all the good players got together and signed a petition.... "We want this. We dislike that. We would like to see more xyz..." etc. etc. But in the end MA is watching their dollars ppl. If indeed record numbers of ppl are quitting (just check out EP every now and then for a thorough education in the vast amounts of supposed quitters) they will respond by changes.
If however, only a few ppl are actually quitting (or rather not depositing anymore) then MA need not do a thing.

I think we, as a community, love this game we play. And because of that we want to see it continue. Furthermore, many of us feel the need to personally make this game better by some false idea that we are MA and MA is us. We do this with good intentions, don't mistake me.
Nonetheless, it's silly. MA must watch their profits and that's it. If they're financially stable, then these requests for changes will go unnoticed. Also, we really do not know what their plans for the future are. Only MA can decide what is worth implementing immediately with the foresight of what they anticipate for the future
:girl:

Hmm...donno if it's the player group here or what
But actually all i read here is...
Well wont work nyway so why bother putting effort into it
(no not all posts, but this is the basic feeling i get over me)

THink it is a shame
Need more and more members in to actually get attention of MA.

Mango said:
THink it is a shame
Need more and more members in to actually get attention of MA.

Thats a big assumption. Without even trying to contact them individually you cannot make such an assumption. I have, and they do reply. Their answers make sense and I do not feel the need to try and stir up a lynch mob.

I hope it works out for you, I really do. The real shame is that the genegal community (EP) is out of control.

DD

Well if you file support not everything makes sense :laugh:

But seriously. There are so many problems ingame they can do things with, problems thats not discussable via support.

For example; the problem with diciples. (Btw dont let this thread suddenly go offtopic and start discussing about this matter, its only an example)
The new players need some kind of warning about saying "yes" to be a diciple before they even have spoken to the person who is supposed to be their mentor.
Also a problem is people making new avatars to either scam, build skills, beg e.t.c. And MA staff is little in game to see these problems as we, who play every day, do.

Right, I agree there are problems. However, has anyone here actually emailed or sent a nice PM or written a constructive letter to MA?

I just think blaming MA for not communicating is a bit daft. Communication takes two. If you try to talk to them in a civilized manner they will most likely respond. If they do not then you escalate the communications to something more drastic, such as a petition.

Seems to me you are skipping a step or two in the communication process Mango.

DD

Well, i´ve played for a long long while. The only thing i find bad is the running speed. Try to play back at beta. You would have smashed your keyboards in anger couse of the rubberband lag..And the loots..whatever i don´t care about loots. It´s the way of the game which counts (but im a trader so don´t mind this ;) )

Skam said:
And MA staff is little in game to see these problems as we, who play every day, do.

who was it that said MA employees had to play a minimum of hours every week?

this has lapsed into oblivion, as i doubt any employees use their free time to play the game.. responses from support will prove this theory, like when fruits and sweetstuff were introduced.. and later, miners who were trying to refine their megan into ingots were told 'Add sweetstuff to the refiner and try again.' obviously this makes no sense.. but MORE THAN ONE person got the reply from support saying

"Try reading what the error message says, and then adding the required resource."

bah. clueless some of em are.

on a side note i havent seen lars since before marco left for vacation, and I havent seen marco since he got back from vacation. (1-2 days. hes gone again.)

Just to be clear, support are not MA employees and thus not required to play.

DD

Back