News: Notice

Status
Every criminal hopes all their targets agrees with you.
is it better to fight on and get maybe get 1000s more civilans killed, more cities destoyed and still loose or give up? I mean even during WW2 contries like France knew when to give up or not fight at all like Denmark to save life. Sure, I understand the need to fight and resist for some time, but at some point they need to think on was is the best to do to save life.

“In war, truth is the first casualty.”​

― Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

We are all bombarded by our own media, spinning their narrative etc, justifying actions on all sides by their own governments. I can't pretend to begin to understand the finer points and reasons things have come to all this from Putin, but i simply hope for peace and sanity.

All sides suffer in war, famlies of both Ukrainian and Russian Soldiers will shed tears before this will be over.

I just hope for sanity and peace to come for all.

I do feel for Russian players affected by all this but i understand from what we see on Western media outlets, governments make war, and the people suffer.

Hoping for peace

Dibbler

Last edited:
The best way is to say to Ukraine to give up.... honestly. Maybe sound harsh, but In the long run they will not have a chance to win against russia. So when they reach the point it clear they will be military defeated the world should say "Let's end this and give up". It's no point to go on fighting and get more of their contry destroyed and more civilans killed if they will loose anyway. In that case better to end the figthing and ask the russians "Now what?" and try to find some kind of agreement with the russians. Sending more weapons that will only pre-long the war is not the right way for the world the help, they will end up loosing anway.

Ya, the best way is to surrender to ppl who will after that steal everything, ra-pe yours women and kill everyone on sight, who will left will be thrown into the jail to rotten or just silently executed. Ruskie never change, same as in 1939 when they attack Poland and stab in the back when we were trying to stop Germany. Same bullshit like then, they invade us under the pretext of liberation russian ppl living in west of Poland same as now putin is doing with Ukraine. Then they took 22k of our officers, doctors, profesors, goverment ppl and they executed them in Katyn. If ruskie again come to Poland I would rather die fighting than surrender. Mabey you, in sweden dont have balls to fight but we Slavic peoples rather fight than surrender.

For those who are interested in understanding some of the recent history in Ukraine, which seems to have led to the current horrible situation, please feel free to watch the documentary about Ukranian 20th and 21st century political history.

Ukraine On Fire

Peace to all.
No more violence.

Last edited:
Fund raising (y)
Blocking transactions with Russia/\Russian players...hmm not so sure .. individuals in Russia did not cause this war, some have already been arrested simply for protesting. Most will just want to keep their heads down.
Lets be careful we don't blame the wrong people and alienate or even endanger them.
There are a lot of Russians in game, most of them decent people (yes I know there are exceptions, but show me a country that doesn't have those)

I feel for the ordinary people on both sides this is not 'their war' it is the war of a power intoxicated madman.

Let's all just hope and pray the military heads in Russia come to their senses and say enough is enough and refuse his commands.

For those who are interested in understanding some of the recent history in Ukraine, which seems to have led to the current horrible situation, please feel free to watch the documentary about Ukranian 20th and 21st century political history.

Ukraine On Fire

Peace to all.
No more violence.

I watched it this afternoon. I've been a long time admirer of Oliver Stone, JFK and Platoon are two of my favorite movies.

Ukraine On Fire

Peace to all.
No more violence.

For everyone who might watch this good documentary always keep in mind:
- "If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."
- "Keep searching, don't stop immediately when you find an answer you want to hear and agree with it"

I love you all :)

Greetings, community.

Disclaimer:
1. I'm from Russia and it will be a longpost.
2. I fully understand that after this post some people in Entropia woudn't consider me as a friend anymore, but i have to say it, and hope, they will change their mind in the future.
3. Dear moderators, please, leave this post in this thread at least for some time, so people can read it. I have a feeling that I'll breake some rules with it.

Entropia Universe:
I've been here already about 15 years and for me it's another reality with a great international community growing together over the years. It's a significant part of my life and for me it's painful to see - how we're starting to divide each other by any attribute. So i will try to give you another view to make you at least consider the probability that dividing people based on their nationality is not such a good idea. All described below is my personal expirience, thoughts and don't represent any others opinion except my own.
And to stay on topic - I fully understand why MA made this move but i still hope, that this won't transform in a permanent ban for existing players.

UA and RU:
First of all I must say that all the world, except Ukraine and Russia, is wathching a terrifying horror movie now. Except us both. We're starring IN this movie, nobody asked us if we want though.
And this is a big differnce between whatching news in other country and participating in this horror here.

The ties between russians and ukrainians are very close. My family is half-ukranian, half-russian. And so are many other families in Russia and Ukraine. My close relatives and a lot of friends live in Ukraine.
When all this madness started I couldn't do my job properly, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep. Couldn't do anything except of thinking about my relatives and how can I help them.
It took about a week of persuasion to make some of them a decision to leave their house, listening distant blows through the phone. They hadn't brad on a 3rd day, eating only porridge and was scared to walk on streets to search for food left in foodmarkets that are not closed yet.
It took a lot of tears, sleepless nights, panic attacks to find a way to evaquate them
Now some of them are safe, but who knows what could be if thay stay 2 days longer, as their house is now in a fighting zone too. And they are still in shock.
Other relatives with old parents and children are now hiding in a country-house and refuse to leave. And i cannot persuade them, which hurts even more.
Moreover - i can't even send money to my relatives to Ukraine because of sacntions (both russian-issued and external).

Conclusion:
Reading todays posts I started to realise how it was to be german back in days.... And this is sucks to be honest.
I felt that I must say something because Entropia is in the short list of things that help me not to lose my mind nowadays.
I hope this will help to understand russians a bit more and not to judge nations but personalities.

PS:
No, i didn't vote for Putin.
Yes, i do "something" about this

With my sincere condolences to Ukrainians and hope for a better future for us all. Lynx.

Last edited:
I have lived in Belgium and in The Netherlands.
There are SHIT things that happen there, government legislation that is bad for its inhabitants.
And there is NOTHING the population can do against it.
That's the same for many countries. Democracy or not.
Really? How is Governmant appointed? By Parliament! And who does vote for members of Parliament? Aliens? Come one.....

Greetings, community.

Disclaimer:
1. I'm from Russia and it will be a longpost.
2. I fully understand that after this post some people in Entropia woudn't consider me as a friend anymore, but i have to say it, and hope, they will change their mind in the future.
3. Dear moderators, please, leave this post in this thread at least for some time, so people can read it. I have a feeling that I'll breake some rules with it.

Entropia Universe:
I've been here already about 15 years and for me it's another reality with a great international community growing together over the years. It's a significant part of my life and for me it's painful to see - how we're starting to divide each other by any attribute. So i will try to give you another view to make you at least consider the probability that dividing people based on their nationality is not such a good idea. All described below is my personal expirience, thoughts and don't represent any others opinion except my own.
And to stay on topic - I fully understand why MA made this move but i still hope, that this won't transform in a permanent ban for existing players.

UA and RU:
First of all I must say that all the world, except Ukraine and Russia, is wathching a terrifying horror movie now. Except us both. We're starring IN this movie, nobody asked us if we want though.
And this is a big differnce between whatching news in other country and participating in this horror here.

The ties between russians and ukrainians are very close. My family is half-ukranian, half-russian. And so are many other families in Russia and Ukraine. My close relatives and a lot of friends live in Ukraine.
When all this madness started I couldn't do my job properly, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep. Couldn't do anything except of thinking about my relatives and how can I help them.
It took about a week of persuasion to make some of them a decision to leave their house, listening distant blows through the phone. They hadn't brad on a 3rd day, eating only porridge and was scared to walk on streets to search for food left in foodmarkets that are not closed yet.
It took a lot of tears, sleepless nights, panic attacks to find a way to evaquate them
Now some of them are safe, but who knows what could be if thay stay 2 days longer, as their house is now in a fighting zone too. And they are still in shock.
Other relatives with old parents and children are now hiding in a country-house and refuse to leave. And i cannot persuade them, which hurts even more.
Moreover - i can't even send money to my relatives to Ukraine because of sacntions (both russian-issued and external).

Conclusion:
Reading todays posts I started to realise how it was to be german back in days.... And this is sucks to be honest.
I felt that I must say something because Entropia is in the short list of things that help me not to lose my mind nowadays.
I hope this will help to understand russians a bit more and not to judge nations but personalities.

PS:
No, i didn't vote for Putin.
Yes, i do "something" about this

With my sincere condolences to Ukrainians and hope for a better future for us all. Lynx.
I am really sorry you have to go through this.

Alright, I am locking this thread for now (it's getting late here, and I need some sleep).

I've tried to allow some level of discussion in here, but of course this is a topic where there are a lot of emotions and tension, so I've also had to remove a lot. We will see if we decide to open the thread again tomorrow or not.

Meanwhile, just to be clear: all the regular forum rules still apply normally, and 3.6 - Real-world Controversial Discussion still applies fully outside of this thread. Any posts or threads on this topic (or any other topic which falls under this rule) elsewhere will be removed.

Status
Back