News: Notice

Status

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher

Notice​

Like many of you, MindArk is saddened and angered by the unjustified and unlawful Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The MindArk PE AB Board of Directors has therefore decided to indefinitely suspend all financial transactions to and from Russia. This includes disabling of new accounts from Russia, as well as deposits to and withdrawals from Entropia Universe by persons and/or entities located in Russia.

Later today, MindArk will be donating 50,000 USD to the UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees) to help Ukrainians in need due to the conflict. For more information about the UNHCR, visit: https://sverigeforunhcr.se/ukraina.

In addition, 10% of MindArk’s revenue generated in Entropia Universe between March 10, 2022 and April 10, 2022 (minus today’s donation of 50,000 USD), will be donated to the UNHCR, allowing Entropians to also help those in need via their activity in Entropia Universe.

Originally Posted Here

With the current sanctions and blocks on transactions to/from Russia. Are there any measures in place to protect players from trading with effected players?

I'd imagine a change like this would cause a number of people to offload account value through friends or acquaintances outside of Russia... Hopefully these will not go unnoticed, but my concern is for players who have made genuine transactions with effected players, will this end up disrupting gameplay / withdrawals for them?

Edit: But also good initiative on MA's part around the donation - always good to see people helping others out. I'd also like to see a NPC donation vendor where we can donate via peds.

With the current sanctions and blocks on transactions to/from Russia. Are there any measures in place to protect players from trading with effected players?

I'd imagine a change like this would cause a number of people to offload account value through friends or acquaintances outside of Russia... Hopefully these will not go unnoticed, but my concern is for players who have made genuine transactions with effected players, will this end up disrupting gameplay / withdrawals for them?

Edit: But also good initiative on MA's part around the donation - always good to see people helping others out. I'd also like to see a NPC donation vendor where we can donate via peds.
Step by step but agree. This should also be the case!!

Flag_of_Ukraine.jpg

A good start. Shocking times. MA, you have the power to do much more, however. We need the people from Russia to inform themselves and get a grip of the reality and wake the hell up, instead of playing video games. I suggest IP ban which would have a very important impact. Please consider joining the majority of the companies across the world taking the same measures. Thank you!

Won't help .. with VPN they can continue ..

Remember guys it’s Putin’s war, not necessarily the war of the Russian people. Sanctions are a bit of a necessary evil in this situation but they hurt innocent Russian civilians all the same, many of which oppose the invasion as much as we do.

But great initiative with the fundraising, I will say that.

Sounds great. But why didn't MA support other countries? Libya, Cameroon, Yemen, Syria, Pakistan, Iraq, Liberia. People in these countries also experienced the war. Let's help them too.
Same reason the majority of the world don't care, because they are non white and non christian living in a "third world country", western world don't care about less fortunate people.

Edit: which is totally fucked, just to be clear.

And if I am against all wars, I am a peacemaker, what do I have to do with it? I was not born in Russia, but I live here, what do you think you're doing? and what did the biolabs find? and the fact that Ukraine bombed Donbass and Lugansk for 8 years? why weren't they given help? what nonsense!
Isnt by chance Donbass and Lugansk was Ukrainian teritory taken by Russi emm Green army without any badges? hmm what a strange situation xd

Won't help .. with VPN they can continue ..
It is a matter of time until they izolate themselves completly from the world wide web but this would contribuie in giving them a hint. Definantely not their fault, but if anyone can do something about this madness, it's them in the first place. If they will wait for the rest of the world to domething about it, it will be much worse, especially for them...

And if I am against all wars, I am a peacemaker, what do I have to do with it? I was not born in Russia, but I live here, what do you think you're doing? and what did the biolabs find? and the fact that Ukraine bombed Donbass and Lugansk for 8 years? why weren't they given help? what nonsense!
be angry at Putin, not at Mindark.

fuck this.

why do you blame your russian players, is it any of their fault that putin started a war?
did you also ban others, when their armies illegally invaded foreign countries? hypocrisy at its best!

that said ... STOP WARS ... nothing more to say

fuck this.

why do you blame your russian players, is it any of their fault that putin started a war?
did you also ban others, when their armies illegally invaded foreign countries? hypocrisy at its best!

that said ... STOP WARS ... nothing more to say
approx 60% of russia ppl said that Putin did good that he started the war so yeah, we should blame the russian players/nation :)

No. Just no. Unfortunately, one could see it coming. The current political climate is the strangest, most illogical and inconsequential, and most hostile I have experienced up to this 57th year of existence, which includes having grown up in West Germany under the worst period of the Cold War and conscious of the certainty that another large conflict in this part of the world would be all-engulfing and wipe out everything that was left.

But this hasn't happened, and we are not in such a time now. Without going into any detail of current events, which is not a topic for this forum, it is remarkable in what short period entire populations can turn around 180 degrees and not seem to even notice a discontinuity in their thinking. Until just a few days ago, there was an almost universal fervour against group-based hatred and stigmatisation. "Political Correctness" everywhere. All of a sudden, an enemy is made out and sanctioning, robbing, insulting, attacking, and excluding from every part of public life of ordinary people with no guilt other than by association, by their geographical origin, is totally en-vogue. It doesn't matter where one stands about this conflict, but doesn't this make anyone halt and think for one moment? As a German, I am well used to facing dire questions about the past. So do many Russians. I think the rest of you is setting yourself up for some lessons.

Nothing against donating to humanitarian efforts, this is noble. But withholding someone else's property, which you happen to have custody of, without due process is illegal. If this was a case of force majeure, like government-imposed sanctions (which are also illegal for the same reasons but a different beast to reckon with), this would certainly have been mentioned. You gave in to the pressure and are howling with the pack. What is happening to this society is as much a tragedy as the war itself. We're not getting out of this unscathed.

This message has been archived to the Wayback Machine immediately.

Status
Back