News: Notice

Status
Sounds great. But why didn't MA support other countries? Libya, Cameroon, Yemen, Syria, Pakistan, Iraq, Liberia. People in these countries also experienced the war. Let's help them too.
Maybe because one of many reasons is that one of MAs bigger share holder comes from Ukraine?

Maybe because one of many reasons is that one of MAs bigger share holder comes from Ukraine?
Are you talking about that guy who was engaged in piracy near his planet and didn't stop playing even when MA insisted on it?

This is a bit extreme for the innocent players in Russia that have nothing to do with this. Investing in this platform year over year and cutting them off seems a bit much.

I do understand the sanctions on banks limiting the current situation though.

Peace to Ukraine and Russia.

Last edited:
When 96% of the inhabitants of Crimea voted for joining Russia, you accused Russia of taking over. Where is the logic?
How is it possible to fake it? It's almost unanimous.
And when an independent country is thinking of joining an alliance to protect their borders, their people, their children... Putin decides to turn it into dust and threaten everyone else that would try and stop this with nuclear weapons, cutting energy etc. The worst part is when people add "yes but what about".. or try to justify these war crimes.. nothing justifies what's happening today in Ukraine. Putin doesn't have any issue of throwing russians into medieval times just to prove a point...
Fuck the wars.

They just hit a children's hospital ffs, 1 post by some anonymous jackhole trying to stir dissent is not even close to being justification for the Russian people to allow this to happen in thier name.
Don't worry, it's "very high precision" equipment (as per mr. Lavrov). They can't say now that it was a mistake.

Has the opinion of the residents become less important from this? Less unanimous? 96%! How to fake it?
Ya ya ya, you really dont know how putin propaganda is working or you are so stupid that you really dont understand how someone can do fake voting on their controlled aread without any external supervisor. I made quick voting now accross Crimea area, 95% voters vote for option 2. Thats mean you are just stupid :)

Do you agree with me? You need to! 95% voters is not fake!

Great job MA! Yes, it was me personally who allowed Putin to attack Ukraine, I do not hide it, but why should the rest of the Russian players suffer?:LOL:
The rest of the world suffers. Mainly because you allow a criminal to play with such power and you allow him to send your children, your brothers, your friends, your fathers, to die for NOTHING and turn your society to primitive era. Gaming is the last thing you should think of.

fuck this.

why do you blame your russian players, is it any of their fault that putin started a war?
did you also ban others, when their armies illegally invaded foreign countries? hypocrisy at its best!

that said ... STOP WARS ... nothing more to say
In 2 weeks the Russians have become the new Devil. I had an interview the other day for a manager position with an International company, they told me they cut communication with all of their employees in Russia without further notice.

I had also contacts in EU with Russian Players 2 months before the War, people i still consider friends and i even began to learn Russian to add it to my French / English languages. And you know what ? Because i did trades with them, i am now unable to withdraw my Peds without justification.

Don't shake the hand of a Russian or you'll become a Criminal, that's what it is right now... Herd Mentality to its rotten core.

Russian Population who never wanted this, and who are beaten badly for protesting in Moscow streets, you still have my Support as the Ukrainians got my support too. I am not going to hate one full nation for the actions of one Madman in power.

The rest of the world suffers. Mainly because you allow a criminal to play with such power and you allow him to send your children, your brothers, your friends, your fathers, to die for NOTHING and turn your society to primitive era. Gaming is the last thing you should think of.
Yep, yep, its was me...

Applying that Logic.. then Starbucks, Mcdonalds, BP(British petrolium) Shell, Coca_cola etc etc also bigest shareholders are ukranians :D...

Relax people, we all know MA is adequate and consistent. Tomorrow they will ban all Israelis and Saudis citizens for bombing Palestine and Hussites accordingly, on everyday basis.
Good move MA, fu$*k wars.

Applying that Logic.. then Starbucks, Mcdonalds, BP(British petrolium) Shell, Coca_cola etc etc also bigest shareholders are ukranians :D...
You need to study the facts better before trying to shine with your mind. Coca-Cola didn't want to leave. You can find out from open sources. But how could they oppose their desire to the monstrous pressure that was put on them?

To the affected payers:

Yes, what you have to endure right now kinda sucks. Not just MindArk, but all the other sanctions placed upon Russia and their people.

However, it has to be done. What Russia, no what Putin did, is bullshit. None of his "official" justifications for this holds water.

The fact is, not just governments, (even the Taliban put out an official statement telling him to stop FFS) but private companies all over the world are turning their back on him and intentionally putting pressure on him, his money, his country, his people.... Whether you agree with his actions or not, I'm sorry you are getting caught in the cross-fire, but just understand, this has never happened on this type of scale in the world in all of human history. And when this is all said and done, hopefully it'll be a clear warning to generations of would-be tyrants that stepping over the line will cost them everything. Everything.

"But what about this other attack from this country onto that country?"
Have other attacks gone unpunished? Sure. But that's like saying police shouldn't bother catching this criminal because some other ones got away. It doesn't work like that.
TBH, if this kind of thing was done to USA when we attacked countries that were NOT a part of the 9/11 attack, it would have sucked for me, but I would understand it, and agreed with it.

To the people of Russia, please do what you can to stop Putin's actions. Protest, or whatever. The huge amount of push back by SO MANY all over the world against his actions is clear indication that he simply stepped over the line, and the sooner we can all get him to stop, the sooner we can go back to living, loving and playing together like we're supposed to.

not gonna read the shitposting of the last few pages, but a friendly reminder that MA is a private corporation and they can do whatever they want in regards to who the allow/don't all to play their game and engage in their financial system.

Their motivation could be based on constellations and moon phases and it wouldn't matter. Nice to see MA sticking up for their beliefs though.

You need to study the facts better before trying to shine with your mind. Coca-Cola didn't want to leave. You can find out from open sources. But how could they oppose their desire to the monstrous pressure that was put on them?
News flash none of the comanies wanted to leave.. NONE.. it dose not do any good to anyone! But if "west" has to increase preasure to Kremlin one of the ways to do its is going true economic sanctions. Sadly normal civilians like you have to pay the cost/price. You dont have to take it personal its against Kremlin. You do realise Your country started a WAR and west said enough is enough. How come you dont have any free media/press left.?

While everyone gets all riled up in how to best punish a group of players based on their nationality/ethnicity/etc and what to do next with them - i would like to point out that me being german we have had our own fair share of such practices in our past and it didnt lead to any 'good' outcome...

When you start cutting ties/contacts/common interests to other people and tell them they get punished till they 'do good' then the chance of this to actually leading to them doing 'good' usually declines as time moves on.

Peace and Love,

Thanks MindArk and Entropia Universe community for 50,000 USD to the UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees) to help Ukrainians in need due to the conflict.

I personally dont approve the sanctions to indefinitely suspend all financial transactions to and from Russia. This includes disabling of new accounts from Russia, as well as deposits to and withdrawals from Entropia Universe by persons and/or entities located in Russia, but i guess you had no choice.

To all people, it's important that our Entropia Universe community stays united the longest we can and not starting to discriminate any side.

edit: peace

While everyone gets all riled up in how to best punish a group of players based on their nationality/ethnicity/etc and what to do next with them - i would like to point out that me being german we have had our own fair share of such practices in our past and it didnt lead to any 'good' outcome...

When you start cutting ties/contacts/common interests to other people and tell them they get punished till they 'do good' then the chance of this to actually leading to them doing 'good' usually declines as time moves on.
but it serves the purpose of putting them on notice that their actions aren't acceptable. especially in a authortarian state where the only information an individual may access is going to be favorable to said state. at the very least it may help sound the alarm bells.

People who are already applying blame and questioning MA's approach are ignoring two important points:

1) International Sanctions are in place for transactions to and from Russian banks and currency. This is something that MA has to apply by as a regulated financial company within Sweden and the EU. If they fail to comply with these - they can be fined and their financial licenses suspended which will effectively shut down the game. As someone who has to deal with the implementation of sanctions in the financial sector this is something that changes by the hour and is an incredibly complex situation that's pretty unprecedented in the current digital age.

2) This post is more about the support of those heavily effected by the conflict. Instead of throwing around blame and accusations, maybe spend some time thinking about the people trapped under rubble, sheltering in basements with no water and food and think yourself fucking lucky instead of keyboard warrior'ing from thousands of miles away.

Do what you can to support those displaced, those who've had their families murdered, or those in prison in Russia for standing up to the regime.

Can we please not get into political arguments, this is not the place to do it.

Thanks for the history lesson everyone!

Let's not let the thread derail... Keep your political arguments for yourself, this isn't the thread to do that in.

fuck this.

why do you blame your russian players, is it any of their fault that putin started a war?
did you also ban others, when their armies illegally invaded foreign countries? hypocrisy at its best!

that said ... STOP WARS ... nothing more to say
Yeah... I think a lot of the action you see that affects the citizens of Russia is more a move to push them to civil war and encouraging over throwing putin. It's all mental war games that companies around the world are jumping on the band wagon without realizing. Because the only ones that can end putins dictatorship are the citizens of Russia.

I don't support this war and I feel for the people of Ukraine. But it's also sad that the innocent civilians in Russia are all cast as villans by association and are punished because of it though. Even if 60% agree with putin, 40% don't and that's a large number of real human beings. There are no winners here, let's not forget that

Status
Back