Info: nvidia problems

brad0007

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Brads Colouring Service
hey brad here i was wondering if anyone has the same problem like me i got a nvidia geforce 9600 gt video card,dual core 64x2 cpu and 3 gig of ram now sometime i crash especially at club neverdie on next island when i log in i crash straight away i wa wondering if anyone have the same problems or do u know how to fix it?

Not crashing straight away, but ctd when I loot a mob.. Only sometimes...

it's prolly not an nvidia problem, it's an eu problem, since the patch before the last one ppl have been crashing a bit more.

ah ok so wat do u propose ?

run the repair tool.

You could try these drives also though. they should be a bit more optimized than the regular nvidia ones. http://www.tweakforce.com/ go to the downloadsection and find the proper driver :)

thnx m8 i give it ago

To this day when a ctd problem starts recurring people ask if you have a nvdia card etc, I thought Nvdia denied it was ever a problem with their cards in the first place (speaking of when the claims it was those cards started back after vu10 over a year ago)? Lots of updates for cards since then, normally I have no problem at all now on a new pc but since last update the random ctds started up again, so once again I assume it is platform and not card.

actually im finding a majority of people who are having these problems are Nvidia Users.
So far the people who have posted graphics cards with this issue are
nVidia 8800 - myslef
nVidia 8400 - From thread https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...g-disconnected&p=2631123&posted=1#post2631123
nVidia 9600 GT - This thread
nvidia 8800 - friend in game
nvidia 8400M GS - My Laptops Video Card.

so far thats 5/5 people with a disconnect using Nvidia cards.

I also have nvidia and have had the same problem. I thought for a while that the old recommended drivers was fixing it for me but then it happened again. I tried the "teaked" drivers and got the same result. Every time I get stuck somewhere I have to login on my laptop (which has a very wimpy ati gfx card) and it runs slow but I can get to a more remote area and login again on my main computer (with the nvidia card).

Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

yeah me too but i read most post people saying the servers need to more stable cuz now its happening on calypso aslo i hope this update today fixes it :)

Got 9600 GT card, I did get ctd everytime I did open storage to see the freaking noob club (Gfx, mix off: Safe mode, Low and medium). If I did set gfx to high I did remove the noob club from storage...
From today I cant log in, get ctd after around 30 sek ingame.

Crash
Frequent on GTX 470
Less frequent on GTX 295 figure that.
(yes I swap cards)
Both same driver series which are latest on Nvidia.
Lag seem to be a factor and capacity of card on render to accomodate it.
Figure that :confused:

Back