FYI: Nvidia users update your drivers!!!

Legion

Marauder
Society
Supremacy Reign
Iam Flatline Legion
There is a problem that sometimes causes a fatal crash (otherwise known as “Blue Screen of Death” or “BSOD”) on nVidia-based systems. With older graphics card drivers, the client might crash but not always with Blue Screens. We are working together with nVidia and CryTek to resolve the problem. ATI-based systems are not affected.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

go there, enter what card you have etc and download the latest drivers.

There is a problem that sometimes causes a fatal crash (otherwise known as “Blue Screen of Death” or “BSOD”) on nVidia-based systems. This mostly effects newer graphics card driver versions. With older drivers, the client might still crash but not always with Blue Screens. We are working together with nVidia and CryTek to resolve the problem. ATI-based systems are not affected.

updating might not be the best idea, just yet.

I understand the possible issues, and I understand the desire to keep drivers up-to-date. However, things can go wrong in a driver update, especially one as vital as video drivers. Remember, if the video system doesn't function, your computer is pretty much worthless.

What I suggest is that you go find your drivers, download them, and hold on to them. I'm downloading the new drivers for my 8600 GTS now, but there is no way I'm going to install them until I find out if I have the specific bug or not.

If it isn't broke, I don't go in mucking about to fix it. I find my computers work much more smoothly over time.

So go download the drivers if you wish, but I'd refrain from updating anything until you know you have the bug!

Well duh!..MA have an issue with NVIDIA... if drivers are needed then we may have serious issue.. all my drivers are tip top.. maybe MA made another cockup

but legion gets more efds! yay :p

Last edited by a moderator:

There is a problem that sometimes causes a fatal crash (otherwise known as “Blue Screen of Death” or “BSOD”) on nVidia-based systems. This mostly effects newer graphics card driver versions. With older drivers, the client might still crash but not always with Blue Screens. We are working together with nVidia and CryTek to resolve the problem. ATI-based systems are not affected. !!!

Let's bone this out:
- Old drivers: Application error.
- New drivers: BSOD

As I run other things all the time, for instance programs like msn and mirc where i might have ongoing conversations in, I probably don't want my computer to reboot without warning. Now, which version of drivers would I chose? ;)

i already have the latest drivers for my vidcard

.. stating the obvious.. it's not about updates for nvidia.. it's MA not making EU compatable with nvidia!.. obviously oir they would say.. please make sure you have the latest updates.. thx legion for you advise though.. again

.. stating the obvious.. it's not about updates for nvidia.. it's MA not making EU compatable with nvidia!.. obviously oir they would say.. please make sure you have the latest updates.. thx legion for you advise though.. again

There are at least two ways to see at updating display drivers.

Pro: Hopefully better (low-level), fixed bugs (more stable).

Con: Sometimes more bloated (eg display control panel a java application rather than a control panel applet), removed features (settings for TV-out port), risk of new bugs (imagine you think your display currently works without problem).

When I looked for drivers for my last adapter for instance, the version that was recommended was .16 but the version on the web site was .19; though it was vista compatible it was said to cause all sorts of problems. And to find the latest version (a beta version), I had to go into a third party website that looked like it was ran by nvidia fans.

I guess the furthest an average user who don't spend hours hunting for optimal fps software at the most they'll click on "windows update" for new drivers (which is said to be bad).

Last edited:
I think I already have the latest driver... but if they say they are working on it it means the latest driver doesnt isnt a fix anyway.... or am I wrong :scratch2:

I have a driver for Win7 64bit released in July.

I've got the latest drivers on a gtx260 and am having a system hang upon loading. Pre loading screen. Same for windowed and full screen mode.

I don't have the latest drivers (never do lol) and am constantly getting ctd's with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX with the suggested settings for that card in windowed and fullscreen mode so time to just wait for a fix I guess

I'm running EU on a notebook with GeForce 9500M GS, drivers just updated from Nvidia web and I cannot even get to the login screen. All I get is a black screen (window or full screen) with the red glowing mouse arrow of EU ... but no login.
Funny thing is that when I downloaded the client yesterday I could run it fine, and even get to login attempts. Now I cannot anymore.

Any suggestion? Thank you.

Take care,
BBB

I'm running EU on a notebook with GeForce 9500M GS, drivers just updated from Nvidia web and I cannot even get to the login screen. All I get is a black screen (window or full screen) with the red glowing mouse arrow of EU ... but no login.
Funny thing is that when I downloaded the client yesterday I could run it fine, and even get to login attempts. Now I cannot anymore.

Take care,
BBB

After multiple login attempts,

I'll raise your login screen with a blue hue avatar creation screen.
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

gahhh

Take care,
BBB

same problem here have 9200 Gs card though

Downloaded and installed new driver, on 8400MG vid card.
Still got crash to desktop after some 15 mins of ingame time ...

the newest driver actually created more problems then I had with the old one :scratch2:

Isn't this embarrassing? I don't see the ATI logo on the login screen, nor do I hear any ATI users complaining. :rolleyes:

Vista controls my graphic driver updates, and thats just fine by me.

No way I'm going back to older drivers just to get this game running.

Take care,
BBB

same problem here have 9200 Gs card though

Run as admin :)

Well I should have listened to my own advice. I was getting various crashes in the client (usually after having tried to reshuffle my custom controls) so I figured I'd try the newest drivers.

First thing I noticed after install was all of the flashy Vista graphical flairs like button glows and drop shadows had now become pixelated noise instead of the smooth glows.

Then I noticed some flickering of the screen that would come rhythmically every 10-12 seconds or so. Then the screen started to fuzz up with graphic garbage like the cable was receiving interference from somewhere.

Tried a rollback: no dice.

Tried in Safe Mode to uninstall the newest drivers and reinstall the old drivers that had been functioning fine for well over a year: no dice.

Successive reboots just seemed to make the problem worse and worse.

Tried checking all of the cables, didn't make any difference. So I tried unseating and then re-seating the graphics card, and now I can't even get a video signal at all. All the fans come on, system is running, hard drive is running, I even hear the Vista tones as you get to the desktop, but my video system is apparently fried or my card is now dead.

Now I'm off to find a backup card that will work in my system. :banghead:

Be careful.

Back