Oberon Flying @100% Success Rate

GRATZ!

As for the problems, did you attempt to relog while in the glitch zone? (glitch zone is near a server boundary while not crossing a transition line) I've sometimes had problems because of this, but goes away after relog from "normal" area. If it was me I would travel to another server, then relog.

Obie

I CTD as i was falling maybe 10 secs after i started the decent,couldn't log in again till the next day only then after at least 5 or 6 attempts,i did go back to twin from the tp that i landed near from the flight so maybe im still in the same server.
Ill try log in again and relocate,then see what happens.
Thnx,Zed

This is no fun. I was in water, jumped like 3-4 times and now I'm raising, and raising, and raising... 2,7km (1:10 am)... still raising...

1:12 - 3,5km
1:13 - 4km - Above the clouds already...
1:16 - 5km...
1:18 - 5,7km...
1:20 - 6,4...
1:22 - 7,1...
1:24 - 7,8
1:32 - ~11km... and and impressive journey of 6km north...

So, basically it's 700m / 2min = 350m / 60s = 5,8m/s upwards...

Be back @ 2am to see if I'll break the record...

1:44 - 15km...

1:52 - alright! started falling finally..

1:59 - yeah! finally on the ground!

Last edited:
I still cant seem to get this to work much at all. I swim along the top, jump and it pops up like its working but i just slowly sink back down. What am i doing wrong?

I tried this back when you first posted it, took about 30 mins of constant trying but I was able to make a successful takeoff from Nymh lake. Reached a cruising altitude of about 3k or so before I unexpectedly flew into class D restricted military airspace (end of the server) where I experienced a severe loss of oil pressure to main engines, began to loose altitude and had to make an emergency water landing. No one was injured but due to mechanical failures, was not able get airborne again.

That is really cool! :)

I will have to give it a shot next time I'm in EU. If this "feature" does not get "fixed" by MA, they should add a new skill...

Cheers :beerchug:

It's also possible to drop probes and find resources, at least from the position 2000 above the ground, not sure how many meters is that...

I tried this back when you first posted it, took about 30 mins of constant trying but I was able to make a successful takeoff from Nymh lake. Reached a cruising altitude of about 3k or so before I unexpectedly flew into class D restricted military airspace (end of the server) where I experienced a severe loss of oil pressure to main engines, began to loose altitude and had to make an emergency water landing. No one was injured but due to mechanical failures, was not able get airborne again.

When crossing into "restricted airspace", turn off engines and "glide" into new server. That's the only way in. GL have a safe mission!

Obie

That is really cool! :)

I will have to give it a shot next time I'm in EU. If this "feature" does not get "fixed" by MA, they should add a new skill...

Cheers :beerchug:

Here's to that!

Obie (flying skill level 100):laugh:

It's also possible to drop probes and find resources, at least from the position 2000 above the ground, not sure how many meters is that...

You're flying in order to mine?

Wow.

Open your eyes and take a look around while flying, it's a reward far greater than mining!

Obie's 4 fun
:wtg::yay::laugh:

Last edited:
yeah, pure rapture.. same feeling when you are in a toilet on a plane :D

btw, when will instructions of how to cross server borders be publicly released?

I assume when we talk of "server borders" we don't mean the grey space between continents?

Get stuck in there and you can whimper to Mindark to get you out again (explain THAT!).

You see some strange sights whilst flying. I was travelling this weekend between Miwak and Bilton Towers and went past a tree. Not unusual in Entropia, except that this one was a little over 2km up, just hanging in space.

Weird! :eek:

P.S. Sorry to whoever it was I landed next to, on the server boundary. I had my Bravo out as I had been using the scope. I think he might have been a little surprised and worried that I might shoot him :)

Last edited:
Flying Update

With the new VU 11, flying has become more difficult. We are back to Server Line (SL) launches until further testing can be done. Angle of launch also seems to be as before, harder to control. Am testing SL crossing as I write this, will post results soon.

Obie

Flying Update

Can cross server lines still.:yay:

Obie

Flying Update

Appears there is no height limitation again, currently flying above 11km.

Obie

SL crossing is either taught or learned on yer own....so find a teacher or get brainy.

I made a flight tonight without crossing a server line. I took off from the river midway between Nus Lull and PA (approx 724 756 I think ) and had a nice view of the PA area from above.

I made a flight tonight without crossing a server line. I took off from the river midway between Nus Lull and PA (approx 724 756 I think ) and had a nice view of the PA area from above.

Maybe just me having difficulties.....bad karma strikes again.

O-b

It seems that its easier to take of while having higher FPS / lower settings, or is it just me?

Flying Update

It seems that its easier to take of while having higher FPS / lower settings, or is it just me?

Flying is a LAG GLITCH, so anything that increases your lag will usually help. (and not always true)

Also:
Flying is as it was before, no changes. The differences I experienced were due to using a different computer.

Obie

Continuing flight after revival

Dunno if it has been mentioned, but if you end up at an external revival station (for example by pressing T in mid-flight and waiting for the countdown) and you were flying before, your flight in most cases continues... So other players will see you bounce off the ground immediately and fly away after you revive.

Needless to say, it needs to be an external revival station. For the others you just bounce around the room a little bit and the flight is officially over :laugh:

On a side note: Where is the lag slider in the options? Need it!

Back