INTERNUT

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
INTERNUT
index.php

Guide to Obtaining and Running a Shop in Entropia Universe

Introduction

Shops and other similar points of sale, play a vital role in the economy of Entropia Universe. This short guide explains in simple terms how to acquire and run a shop or similar premises.

How the Shop System Works

Estate Deed

In order to access and use a shop or similar point of sale in Entropia Universe, you must first acquire the Estate Deed. Estate deeds can be obtained from the auction system or by conducting private trade with another participant (participant-to participant trading). If by private trade, ensure that you have the deed before completing the transaction. All transactions are final once made! The deed will now be in your Personal Inventory (PI) in the section where your PED card is held.
You now have to check the deed that will have certain information, such as the location of the estate. Upon finding the shop / shop stall / shop booth, look for the Estate Terminal and click on the 'Claim' pad on the front of the terminal. You will then become the owner with full access rights.

Maintenance Fees

On Planet Calypso shops do not require a maintenance fee at the time of publishing, however this may not be the case for other planets. If applicable, the fee will vary depending on location and the fee amount will be shown on the Estate Terminal.

Landowner Fees

An additional landowner fee may also have to be paid upon selling an item, for instance if your shop is located on the ground floor of an apartment block or in one of the shopping malls. The sale price will be inclusive of the landowner fee.

Stocking Your Shop with Items for Sale

You can display items you wish to sell on floor space, shelves, walls and so on. Actual display options available will depend on the type of retail unit; shop, shop stall, shop booth, etc. Various props can be used to further assist with the displaying of items, such as tables, benches, chairs, seats, display boards for walls and many others. If you also wish to sell the props, you must first sell items that are on them or have them removed (Pick Up via right-clicking and transferring to PI).
To actually display items, drag them from your Personal Inventory and place them where required in the usual way

Making Your Items Available for Sale

Simply placing items does not make them available for sale. You now have to right-click on items and select 'Set Item Price' from the menu, then simply set the sale price. The item/s will now be available for retail to visitors of your point of sale. Visitors will be able to right-click and select 'Item Info' to view all details of the item/s, such as condition and TT value.

Shopkeeper Pads

You can have a Shopkeeper Pad (more than one ...) in your shop/shop booth or within the boundaries of your Shop Stall. These are participant-sized mannequins on short pedestals that can be acquired through the auction system, via private trade, or by looting them from various creatures. You transfer them from your inventory to where ever you want in or near your point of sale, and then right-click on the pad and select 'operate' from the menu to activate it. You can then assign to them different items from your inventory and make them available for sale to potential buyers, and or dress them in armour or clothing (that's also available for sale).

Mannequins

You can also have mannequin units in your shop/shop booth or near to your shop stall. They look identical to shopkeeper pads, but you can only use them for displaying clothing/armour/items. You cannot sell items through them. These are also obtained through the auction system, via private trade, or by looting them from various creatures.

Acquiring Items for Sale

There are various ways of acquiring items for sale. Buying them from the auction system, via private trade, items that you have looted from creatures, items that you have obtained via mining (ores and enmatters) and items that you have crafted or refined (using manufacturing terminals, refiners).

Allowing Another Participant to Run Your Shop

There may come a time when you need to have another participant manage your inventory, or some other aspect of your shop/shop booth/shop stall; because you're busy, going on vacation, or whatever reason. To enable this, simply arrange to meet someone (ideally whom you trust and know) in-game and then transfer the estate deed to the other person's inventory (PI) via private trade. He or she will then be able to access the estate in the same way you were able to. Should you no longer need the other participant's help, you will need to have the deed returned back to your PI in the same way; via private trade. You will then regain full rights to your shop. The length of time you want the other person to manage your shop, and where to meet up in-game so as to regain the deed, should be agreed upon beforehand.

Some Examples of Shops etc in Entropia Universe

Full Shop

index.php

Shop Booth
index.php

Shop Stall
index.php

Shopkeeper Pad
index.php

Mannequins
index.php

Estate Deed
index.php

Estate Terminal Display
index.php

Here's a link showing
currently active shops in Calypso's shopping malls

Shopping Areas throughout Entropia Universe
Note: Not all shopping locations maybe listed. Errors and omissions may occur.

Planet Calypso

Dear Mall (Amethera continent)

Emerald Lakes Shopping Mall (Amethera continent)
Genesis Amethera Headquarters complex (Amethera continent)
Medusa complex (Eudoria continent)
Omegaton West Habitat complex (Amethera continent)
Port Atlantis Shopping Mall (Eudoria continent)
Sakura City complex (Amethera continent)
Treasure Island City complex (Amethera continent)
Twin Peaks Shopping Mall (Eudoria continent)
Chateau Liberte Marketplace (Eudoria continent)
Cape Corinth Booths (Eudoria continent)

Crystal Palace Space Station

Foma Asteroid resort

Monria

Cthulhu Tower

Cthylla Tower
Monria Hub

Rocktropia

Camp Crunk

City of Dreams
Hell complex
Isle of Souls
Secret Island

Tangerine residential area

Planet Arkadia

Arkadia Underground

Celeste Harbour
Celeste Island
Celeste North
Celeste Quarry
Celeste South
Sanctuary Cove

Victorious Firebase

Next Island

Serpentine Village
Ancient Greece - Thebes market
Crystal Peek teleporter area
Knossos TP (Gorgon Stalls)
Troy TP (Moloch Stalls)

Planet Cyrene

New Janus Island

Planet Toulan

Nahar Towers
WangXiang Pet Stable

End of Guide to Obtaining and Running a Shop in Entropia Universe

Last edited:
Pretty nice guide! You could add info what happens when an item from a shop or shopkeeper is sold, and how it looks in the My Items section on the Entropia website when an item is placed in a shop(keeper).

Many thanks for the thumbs-up, much appreciated - and two very good points you raise btw... Will edit that time allowing.

Last edited:
Question, can you add people to the estate allow them to manage shop inventory?

No, if you want someone else to manage your shop you will have to arrange a moment where the estate deed is in this persons inventory (arrange collateral). This person can then go to the estate terminal and claim the estate so he or she can manage it. The deed can now be returned to the real owner (collateral returned).

The deed owner can then reclaim the shop again at any given moment, when that is done the original deed owner gets full rights to the shop and its inventory again.
Be aware of this, this might be important if there would arise any conflict between the two parties.

Edit @INTERNUT you could add this info too, maybe a under a section "renting (out) Shops". Sorry for all the extra work :D

A very good guide!
To add to your shopping ares.

Next Island and Ancient Greece have way more shops now.
- Crystal peak has stalls at the platform up from the TP, a few there, and a few down from the TP.
- Ancient Greece has stalls at Thebes market

No, if you want someone else to manage your shop you will have to arrange a moment where the estate deed is in this persons inventory (arrange collateral). This person can then go to the estate terminal and claim the estate so he or she can manage it. The deed can now be returned to the real owner (collateral returned).

The deed owner can then reclaim the shop again at any given moment, when that is done the original deed owner gets full rights to the shop and its inventory again.
Be aware of this, this might be important if there would arise any conflict between the two parties.

Edit @INTERNUT you could add this info too, maybe a under a section "renting (out) Shops". Sorry for all the extra work :D
I was about to say only the estate owner can manage the shop until I read your post. Very well explained! I hadn't thought in terms of transferring the deed to someone else, just never occurred to me. I might add 'renting out shops' to the guide... ;) Right, in the end I called it 'Allowing Another Participant to Run Your Shop'.

Last edited:
A very good guide!
To add to your shopping ares.

Next Island and Ancient Greece have way more shops now.
- Crystal peak has stalls at the platform up from the TP, a few there, and a few down from the TP.
- Ancient Greece has stalls at Thebes market
OK, will add those asap - and thanks :)

Thanks for asking. I Wasn't sure tbh, but sahel's reply seems to answer this pretty well.

I was about to say only the estate owner can manage the shop until I read your post. Very well explained! I hadn't thought in terms of transferring the deed to someone else, just never occurred to me. I might add 'renting out shops' to the guide... ;) Right, in the end I called it 'Allowing Another Participant to Run Your Shop'.

Perhaps another model that you can mention in your post regarding shop rentals is below :

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...s-for-rent-40-to-160-ip-110-300-ped-m.263749/

For some buying outright is more feasible whereas for others it might be cheaper and better to just pay monthly rent and not have your peds tied up in estate value.

I am sorry but I gotta say as much as you are trustworthy etc. I think the renting of a shop space in EU is still pretty pointless. It is probably best to just Buy a DEED outright than rent. As with the Collateral needed and the deposit/plus rent each month it will soon add up to what you would have spent on a deed anyway. I mean if you have the collateral then you probably already have enough to buy a shop deed already.

Just saying anyway.

I remember when I tried getting a shop on Rocktropia I was in a bidding war. and in the end it came down to me and 1 other person who kept outbidding eachother, then I reached my limit and the other person won it :( Which annoyed me. But hey Rocktropia is pretty deserted now anyway. So best place is Caly.

Then something else that does not sit right with me with this rent thing is, What if something happens to the person who rents the shop? Like they have a major health issue or in worse case they suddenly die? Not meaning to sound morbid or anything but we all will 1 day. So what would happen if they was unable to login for one of those reasons. Would you then contact MA to try and get your deed back from them? But then if MA was to give you the deed back what would happen to all that Renters items in the shop? Would MA take them out before they return the deed?

I would really love to know.

I also really wanted to know what happens to all those now dormant accounts that have domes on foma etc and rare items on their accounts? Who now might not be alive anymore which is indeed sad. But I noticed some of my friends like Honey Kitten Little and Joe xxSquallexxx has not logged in for a very very very long time, They had loads of deeds and rare items etc so what is going to happen to them. I mean obviously I hope they are still alive and are well and maybe they will return, but I have not seem them login for over a year nearly 2 years now. Maybe it was covid that got them?

I hope not though! :(

Last edited:
I am sorry but I gotta say as much as you are trustworthy etc. I think the renting of a shop space in EU is still pretty pointless. It is probably best to just Buy a DEED outright than rent. As with the Collateral needed and the deposit/plus rent each month it will soon add up to what you would have spent on a deed anyway. I mean if you have the collateral then you probably already have enough to buy a shop deed already.

Just saying anyway.

I remember when I tried getting a shop on Rocktropia I was in a bidding war. and in the end it came down to me and 1 other person who kept outbidding eachother, then I reached my limit and the other person won it :( Which annoyed me. But hey Rocktropia is pretty deserted now anyway. So best place is Caly.
Renting is actually quite popular. I have a shop that I had advertised for rent OR sale, and people were tripping over each other to rent it, nobody wanted an outright purchase.
Many renters just consider the rental fee to be the cost of doing business. And the big benefit is they don’t have to keep their collateral tied up for the term of the lease, just 5 minutes or so to claim control at the terminal. Shops can cost tens of thousands to buy and many don’t want that much ped locked away not earning them anything.

Then something else that does not sit right with me with this rent thing is, What if something happens to the person who rents the shop? Like they have a major health issue or in worse case they suddenly die? Not meaning to sound morbid or anything but we all will 1 day. So what would happen if they was unable to login for one of those reasons. Would you then contact MA to try and get your deed back from them? But then if MA was to give you the deed back what would happen to all that Renters items in the shop? Would MA take them out before they return the deed?
How it actually works, is once the tenant has claimed control, the deed is given back to the land lord. Any dormancy issues or default on payment is solved with one click by the deed holder to revert control of the estate and kick the tennant out.
Tenants can have their own protections too, by placing an untradable item in the shop somewhere, this prevents a deed holder claiming control.
If a tenant then needs to be removed forcibly help from Mindark is needed to remove the untradable item.

How it actually works, is once the tenant has claimed control, the deed is given back to the land lord. Any dormancy issues or default on payment is solved with one click by the deed holder to revert control of the estate and kick the tennant out.
Tenants can have their own protections too, by placing an untradable item in the shop somewhere, this prevents a deed holder claiming control.
If a tenant then needs to be removed forcibly help from Mindark is needed to remove the untradable item.

But I thought u have to trade the deed over to the renter? So how can you get that deed back? without them initiating a trade with you?

But I thought u have to trade the deed over to the renter? So how can you get that deed back? without them initiating a trade with you?
1.I trade you my deed for your collateral.
2.You run off and claim control at the terminal.
3. We trade back.

Owning the shop and controlling the terminal are two independent conditions. The rightful owner of a property at any one time is whoever has the deed.

Last edited:
3. We trade back.

Owning the shop and controlling the terminal are two independent conditions. The rightful owner of a property at any one time is whoever has the deed.

Ok, so if they do not give the deed back you keep the collateral and contact MA and try get the deed back through them? Would you still be allowed to keep that collateral too?

Ok, so if they do not give the deed back you keep the collateral and contact MA and try get the deed back through them? Would you still be allowed to keep that collateral too?
Well that is the reason why you usually ask for collateral that exceeds market value of what you are loaning. It’s always a risk that somebody will still run off with your stuff, but if they do, at least you financially benefited from the deal.
If it’s a unique or an otherwise irreplaceable item, it’s best to reserve such trades to trusted community members only. Most highly invested players won’t brick their reputation and risk any potential disciplinary action from Mindark, who may or may not intervene.

General consensus is that all trades are final, tough tits, so always be happy with the trade as it stands.

Maybe with the new game engine Mindark will change the way deeds work so whoever owns the deed actually owns the place and this rental mess that causes so many headaches, messes, and support tickets will go away as 'all trades are final'

Perhaps another model that you can mention in your post regarding shop rentals is below :

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...s-for-rent-40-to-160-ip-110-300-ped-m.263749/

For some buying outright is more feasible whereas for others it might be cheaper and better to just pay monthly rent and not have your peds tied up in estate value.
I like that particular model; had a good look through it, but if I include it in the guide, other shop owners might suspect favouritism, so won't do that - sorry ;) I agree with your last part though, in that buying is preferable for some whilst others may want to rent.

Just saying anyway.

I would really love to know.

I also really wanted to know what happens to all those now dormant accounts that have domes on foma etc and rare items on their accounts? Who now might not be alive anymore which is indeed sad. But I noticed some of my friends like Honey Kitten Little and Joe xxSquallexxx has not logged in for a very very very long time, They had loads of deeds and rare items etc so what is going to happen to them. I mean obviously I hope they are still alive and are well and maybe they will return, but I have not seem them login for over a year nearly 2 years now. Maybe it was covid that got them?

I hope not though! :(
I agree that renting out a shop has the pitfalls you mention, especially if something happens to the person renting, but it was just a suggestion by somebody else, so I felt obliged to include it.

This is what I came to believe due to sahel's explanation, however .....

3. We trade back.

... however, this makes a lot of sense as well and I can see how it works.

Maybe with the new game engine Mindark will change the way deeds work so whoever owns the deed actually owns the place and this rental mess that causes so many headaches, messes, and support tickets will go away as 'all trades are final'
It's also worth pointing out, that in RL many shop owners have the option to sublet for a fixed period. They don't hand over the estate deed to anybody, so it shouldn't be like this in EU either. EU shop deeds should come with a subletting option.

Last edited:
It's also worth pointing out, that in RL many shop owners have the option to sublet for a fixed period. They don't hand over the estate deed to anybody, so it shouldn't be like this in EU either. EU shop deeds should come with a subletting option.

Well maybe MA will add that in the new UE5 version? who knows for sure? Maybe they will have a lot more freedom and be able to add so much more systems to the game in UE5 than they can in Cryengine 2 perhaps? Only time will tell I suppose though :)

Well maybe MA will add that in the new UE5 version? who knows for sure? Maybe they will have a lot more freedom and be able to add so much more systems to the game in UE5 than they can in Cryengine 2 perhaps? Only time will tell I suppose though :)
Well they've had some time to consider things since announcing months ago that there will be the move to UE5 in 2022, so lets hope this is the case.

Well they've had some time to consider things since announcing months ago that there will be the move to UE5 in 2022, so lets hope this is the case.

Where did u get the 2022 Date from? It has not even been confirmed a date yet. Even when I asked support, even they said there is no timeframe as of yet but they said they will keep us all updated with updates when hey become available!

Well seeing as a deal was signed nearly six months ago, I assumed it would be at some time in 2022, but I don't know this for certain.

Well seeing as a deal was signed nearly six months ago, I assumed it would be at some time in 2022, but I don't know this for certain.

But you got no idea how much work is involved right obviously? lol

Well I can assure you it will take MA at least 3 - 5 years to have even a basic version up and running. Remember MA have a small team and most are working from home too due to covid still. So this will have a great impact on how long it will take. MA are slow, they always have been and always will be. 2022 is 100% never going to happen, same as 2023.. 2024 has only a tiny chance of it being released then but I suspect it will be 2026 when we will see it launched in UE5!

I have more than an idea of how much work is involved, but I'm not going to tell you why that is. I also admitted that it was an assumption, and you couldn't possibly know what size MA's team is unless you have first-hand knowledge.

There are some really good shop tutorials out on youTube that go through how to price an item and get your PEDs, etc. Too much detail to put here really.

Back