Obtaining and Running a Shop in Entropia Universe

There is also the cheap option of getting an apartment (around 900peds to 1.5k peds) and one shopkeeper (around 4.4kpeds)
That's not a bad option. Do all apartments accept shopkeeper pads?

That's not a bad option. Do all apartments accept shopkeeper pads?
Yes, although you have to keep an eye on the Item Points allowance in an apartment. That dictates how many items you can add. A shopkeeper takes something like 6-12 item points I forget the exact figure.

Yes, although you have to keep an eye on the Item Points allowance in an apartment. That dictates how many items you can add. A shopkeeper takes something like 6-12 item points I forget the exact figure.
Well that's something worth knowing. For some reason I thought only more expensive apartments allowed them.

I guess an apartment would be cheaper, but you'd get almost no foot traffic at all. Which even though it would be cheaper, seems like would make it an even worse investment unless you were using it to coordinate asynchronous trades with known people.

I guess an apartment would be cheaper, but you'd get almost no foot traffic at all. Which even though it would be cheaper, seems like would make it an even worse investment unless you were using it to coordinate asynchronous trades with known people.
Yeah very true, unless the apartment was on the ground floor. You'd have to rely on ads

Yeah very true, unless the apartment was on the ground floor. You'd have to rely on ads
yeah i didn't think about that. i guess if you had a history of good prices, even just having a handful of players that regularly check your place it might still be worth

yeah i didn't think about that. i guess if you had a history of good prices, even just having a handful of players that regularly check your place it might still be worth
Yep It might be worth giving it a try, although you'd have to factor in the ad costs even if you placed an ad say just once a week.

It's 6ip for each shopkeeper for those interested in the idea of SK in your apartments
I answer a lot of SK questions in this thread

It's 6ip for each shopkeeper for those interested in the idea of SK in your apartments
I answer a lot of SK questions in this thread

That's not bad considering how many items you can have lying around in just a basic apartment.

I'd love to see a kind of "guestlist" for shops, where the deed holder could give people user rights. Guests could add items to the shop, and get a % of any revenue if any of those items sells. That % could be flexible, negotiable.
Then the "guest" could be able to remove items from the shop, that the guest has put there.

I don't see anything like this happening anytime soon. But I like the general idea. I have been in some debates about chipping together, to run one or more shops with friends or soc. Seems to me the limit, where only a deed holder can run/maintain a shop, is a major issue when talking about sharing a shop.

That's not bad considering how many items you can have lying around in just a basic apartment.
It is bad when you look at price of shopkeepers now vs the 2-3 k they were a few years ago.

I just sold my 2 foma shops a short time ago. I bought those for around 3k and 3.5k and sold em for 4k each... Those shops had over 200 item points. Yes, gaining only a few item points from shopkeepers is horrible vs some place like that for the number of item points you get back...

It is bad when you look at price of shopkeepers now vs the 2-3 k they were a few years ago.

I just sold my 2 foma shops a short time ago. I bought those for around 3k and 3.5k and sold em for 4k each... Those shops had over 200 item points. Yes, gaining only a few item points from shopkeepers is horrible vs some place like that for the number of item points you get back...
I suppose it's good you sold your foma shops for a profit, albeit not a huge profit, so gratz.

Back