Obvious things it took you ages to notice

Not sure if its been said but it took me more than 6 months to find out how I changed my radar to a static "map" that points to north.

Lol.....I spent about the same amount of time wondering what fancy add-on software people were using to get the white triangle in the radar.....and if it did something really useful. I was almost getting to the point were I was going to have to ask in here :laugh: Then I realised it was just the static radar mode :ahh:

JC

A couple for events

To get the event window / event chat back after crash or some other bug you just need to leave the event area and come back in.

How to give rep in event when clicking on the event list crashes your computer. First if you want to give the rep to someone on your friends list, just drag a bar from the name on the friends list and right click and pick the event tab you can give rep from there. If you want to rep someone not on your firends list you will need to meet up with them before the event ends and you can right click to add rep the same way as above.

Thanks man...Very helpful...
I cant rep for the events only vote...And i take part in many events each week...
Every time i try to rep someone i crash..
So i stopped trying...
So ill try that at my next event...

Here are a couple of tips from me :)

- The problems with removing thigh guards are caused by equipped teleporter chip. Unequip the teleporter chip and you can remove the thighs without problems.

- To shoot faster, go into the options and activate the "Queue use tool action when reloading". Means that you can press operate / fire during reload and your gun / tool will instant make another action when reload is finished.

Thx for that tip, I will try this next time my thigh guards are glued to my legs :laugh: I usually relog ha ha but now I know:ahh:

As for removing ANY piece of armour that is being difficult - Just use a piece of crap armour - like the TT armour...
If say you cant remove your gloves for example - drag a set of TT gloves onto your avatar int the inventory screen - the armour you want to remove will appear in your inventory for you to repair etc...Then put your armour back on and TT the crap armour....
:)

Or just click on the "repair armor" button.
If you want to remover armor and it wond work, go to repair terminal and hit the say'd button, it places all the armor in the screen.
DONT HIT REPAIR, just drag it to your inventory.
Log out and back in to the terminal and you can repair it and it will be placed in your inventory again.
This only works if you want to take off armor while you cant and its not 100% tt.

If you run uphill and its very steep, your ava walks upwards or hardly at all.
Open and close your inventory while running up, this way you "hop" up the hill.

If you want to move a item up or down your storage, you can hold the item as usual with left mouse button and move your scrollwheel at the same time.
I think this works in your inventory to.

When hunting, put your cursor in the black part of the loot window, hold down left mouse button and drag the loot window to a corner of the screen.
You can drag it almost outside the screen....close it after the hunt.
No need to close it after every hunt ;)

Regards.
Ion

When hunting, put your cursor in the black part of the loot window, hold down left mouse button and drag the loot window to a corner of the screen.
You can drag it almost outside the screen....close it after the hunt.
No need to close it after every hunt ;)

You can click, hold and drag at any part of the loot window, even the skeleton borders. After you've dragged the window to the location you want, whether it's still on-screen or mostly off-screen, remember to close the window at that position once before logging off. This will save the position of the window, so that you don't have to ever move it again.

If you log off w/o at least closing the loot window in its new position once, the next time it appears, it will still be in its previous or default location. Saving the loot window position means that all item windows will appear in the same position from there on, including pvp window, ore/matter window, clothes window, etc...

J.

while fapping, in the reload time you can run if you press the left and right mouse button in the same time, and if you use this, not the Q button, your fap is puted down automatically :) you run faster this way, its useful in pvp for example :)

or just "relax" the fap or scroll back one click with the scroll wheel on you mouse..

that team chat doesn't break as much as I thought - i simply had somebody's name in the team member list highlighted and was chatting only to them - clicking on the team name rectifies this situation -- thanks to a soc mate for letting me know about that one :) :rolleyes:
oooh
gotta try that ^.-
I'm able to loot mobs while being dead or even grab items, dunno if i should tell how to do it in public or not, dunno if it's an exploit or not, but i'm sure MA would do something with that !
imagine the rig :silly2:

Its so annoying, instead of drag it part by part til top, simly drag it to one of the numbers in inventory window, them click one number tab and them the desired category and voila.

whoa :eek:

That instead of constantly opening inventory to see how much of an item I have (if I'm sweating or mining), I can create a hotkey for Item Info, and drag that item in there. Then - hit the hot key, and immediately see how much I have!

whoa #2 :eek:

Last edited:
Not sure if its been said but it took me more than 6 months to find out how I changed my radar to a static "map" that points to north.

But you should not write what you didn't know but also how to do it :laugh:

If you run uphill and its very steep, your ava walks upwards or hardly at all.Open and close your inventory while running up, this way you "hop" up the hill..

I have to try this and some others, like Team Chat ..

Last edited:
But you should not write what you didn't know but also how to do it :laugh:

I think it's a downward arrow above three green bars near the lower right of the radar you just click that.

Credits

When I started EU, there were no directions in the trade terminal as to how to pay for items. It didn't say "drag ped card here" like it does now. For my first year or so, everytime I paid for an item I'd drag in the EXACT amount of peds/pecs. I didn't have the courage enough to try putting my credit card in there and having MA just take my remaining sum of money. Even if it made sense, I was terrified of it eventually having some bug that took all of it from me (back then, it probably would have).

Few helpful tips for my anyone trying to run from a pK

Hotkey the Private Chat Key and drag the player you are fighting against's health bar off, then quickly spam your hotkey when within range of chat. They'll get that annoying message at the top right over and over asking if they would like to chat with you.

Bring bombs/probes and the corresponding finder into PVP with you. Dropping these while someone is trying to kill you will often shake the screen enough for them to miss some shots. It may save your life!

imagine the rig :silly2:

won't work, there is a thing you must do before being able to loot and it would tkes too much time to be able to get it before other who are alive !

Anyway if the rig is closed by those big fat atroxes, this system owns !

If you have more than 130 items on your person. It will stop at 130 and make the stuff your holding disappear.

To make em come back ditch some items and likely relog.

If you have hmm like 200 or more items. Thus just happened recently.
(Holding something like 100 or so crafted oreamps can really tweak your day!)
The scopes on your guns vanish!:eek:

Even if you seperate them while they are gone they willnot reappear.

Once you get down low enough to make them reappear they are still on your gun and were not seperated.

Freaked me out last night thinking I lost 3 hanzor scopes!!!!
Still not sure where the skill chip I think I won went though. :scratch2:

But to fix just keep taking items off your person till they reappear.
You can verify they still exist by checking your items on entropias web site.

Hotkey the Private Chat Key and drag the player you are fighting against's health bar off, then quickly spam your hotkey when within range of chat. They'll get that annoying message at the top right over and over asking if they would like to chat with you.

Bring bombs/probes and the corresponding finder into PVP with you. Dropping these while someone is trying to kill you will often shake the screen enough for them to miss some shots. It may save your life!

Private chat auto crafter, they aren't able to craft anything !

Drop some bombS, run and escap the from pvp 3 or 4, your chaser won't be able to hit for a while right and rebomb straight after the reload ended !

Also that spamin chat leave you some precious second and you're able to TP away :laugh:

:bowdown:

The currrent winner for the most useful tip in this thread! :laugh:

(With the team chat one running a close second)

JC

By the time I get close enough to pull this off, I'm toast. No thanks.

With my luck, I'd try this and hit a tower. :rolleyes:

*Sneaks back later to find Skalman, Neo & Stryker kindly "protecting" the tower for me.*

When I started EU, there were no directions in the trade terminal as to how to pay for items. It didn't say "drag ped card here" like it does now. For my first year or so, everytime I paid for an item I'd drag in the EXACT amount of peds/pecs. I didn't have the courage enough to try putting my credit card in there and having MA just take my remaining sum of money. Even if it made sense, I was terrified of it eventually having some bug that took all of it from me (back then, it probably would have).

lol, It has been mentioned. by me! Didn't take me quite so long to realise I could though. Maybe a few months :laugh: I don't think I realised myself. Someone told me when I was moaning about having to select the amount all the time :D

OK one thing that came to my mind yesterday:
When I started it happend from time to time that I would sweat instead of attack a mob because I had no weapon in my hand.

Then I tried like crazy to get the weapon equipped (hitting the hotkey) but as long you are concentrating it would not work. Took me a while to get used to just move a little bit to interrupt concetration :ahh: Just hit w and there you go :laugh:

Reactions: Meg
As I've recently passed my first birthday in EU, I've started realising that I still keep noticing things that are new to me, but were blatantly obvious to others. Also, I've mentioned odd tips in soc chat to our newer members, only for experienced players to say, "I never new that!".

So, I thought I'd share the blatantly-obvious-things-it-took-me-ages-to-notice, and see if anyone else has any more (it'll mean it won't take me another year to spot them :laugh: ).

A few to start the ball rolling:

1. When shooting in 1st person mode, your gun will 'flash' if you are out of range (for a long time I just thought my graphics card was playing up :ahh: )

2. You *can* fap at full strength while walking forwards, as long as you're not going downhill, because then you speed up and the heals drop.

3. The amazing coincidence of someone wanting to buy exactly what you want to sell at the *very* moment you list the item on auction.....is actually just the ordering system :laugh:

4. Higher HP mobs are visible from futher away on the radar (I am amazed at just how long it took me to work that one out! :ahh: )

Anyone got anymore?

JC

The gun flashing is something that I never ever noticed before. And I've been playing this game for years. I guess it really is the small things that we overlook.

Took me 15 months to realize you could full heal your fap while backing up.

Just a small one.... those who Joined EU recently have different default keys to those who joined PE. For example, "z" is the 1st-3rd person toggle for PE, but my g/f's newer avatar has "z" and "c" down for "rotate" (really necessary LOL) and "5" on the number pad is the toggle for views. This might aid any confusion when trying the tips of older players:)

Hurrikane

Just a small one.... those who Joined EU recently have different default keys to those who joined PE. For example, "z" is the 1st-3rd person toggle for PE, but my g/f's newer avatar has "z" and "c" down for "rotate" (really necessary LOL) and "5" on the number pad is the toggle for views. This might aid any confusion when trying the tips of older players:)

Hurrikane

the "z" key toggling 1st<-> 3rd is good for qwerty but that's "w" for azerty :p

Its illegal to lobotomise people with such a repetive lies too.
MA is free to lock me because i do have deleted those shit file ( its self defence against viruse).
But , i do not see any interessing point doing it for them.... beside getting of me definitly of course.
They be intelegent ( yes i keep deaming) , and just make an option to alow player disable that crap things , or make them as music and not sound....

Dont worry about it - I did the same thing just after those annoying announcements were introduced to PE. I filed a support case about it - I was told by support that deleting these sound files was OK - as they didnt affect the running of the game in any way. I have since replaced these files with blank sound files - at 1 point PE was having glitches when trying to play a file that didnt exist - so now it plays a very small silent file to stop the glitches..
:)

well depends of who is trying to pK you.. with some ppl it is just useless to try :laugh: (you for example:rolleyes:)

well depends of who is trying to pK you.. with some ppl it is just useless to try :laugh: (you for example:rolleyes:)

LOL if they're using plated Vigi, try hiding behind some cover as they run towards you expecting an easy kill, then leap out with your best Melee weapon when they are close and surprise the shit out of 'em...(even with less than 5k lb this got a certain Uber worried:))

Haha I must post on Etopia.

Reading her posts reminds me of the "all your base belong to us" video. Its awesome. Not making fun of you. Just reading I cant help it. Just makes me :laugh:

Everyone has very interesting things that I have to use. Nice work everyone!

WOW great tips everyone fabulous work...tho if someone is pk'ing me I have not had a chance to do anything cause i am a 2 shot kill. *coughs UBERS know it is usually 1 shot for them*

But the one thing I have not seen mentioned is a skill related thing.

When skilling with a firestorm chip I was using it for the first hit to draw the Mob with the big hit then finishing it with my faster reload weaps. Upon taking the kill shot I found I would get an extra pyro skill gain at the end of the kill.

This also works with many other weapson so if i was skilling LB then I would take the first hit with one then kill it with my HG and would get extra LB related skills on the kill shot.

You dont always get skill as we all know but it certainly helped me to gain more pyro without so much expense in ME.

And for those of you who like to do things just cause they can if you want to kill flying things with LB when you arent carrying long range weaps just try to sweat them they will come into the attack zone fast lol.

GREAT THREAD

LOL if they're using plated Vigi, try hiding behind some cover as they run towards you expecting an easy kill, then leap out with your best Melee weapon when they are close and surprise the shit out of 'em...(even with less than 5k lb this got a certain Uber worried:))

ahahahah nice one :laugh:

I just found out yesterday you can rotate pictures of objects in the info screen by holding the mouse wheel and moving your mouse.

I used it to look up my own shirt ;) I wasn't in it at the time...

Back