oceanic 2.0 : mapping software for mining & hunting

General update (09.02.2012):

Oceanic Importer update:

- new option to generate Oceanic data files from the chat log has been implemented, see detailed description here

Arkadia update:

- real mining data showing a rough picture of minerals' distribution across Arkadia is now available for download, also see detailed description here

Space update:

- space stations around Calypso were moved to new locations

Last edited:
General update (27.02.2012)

Arkadia update:

A first of it's kind in EU history, official high resolution Arkadia map has been released in Oceanic.
The new map's surface is twice bigger than the ingame map, it's more relief and shows a lot of landscape and water details.

Oceanic download link

This is great stuff - but regretably I cannot find this tool useful unless a Right-click functionality is introduced for adding/removing waypoints for minerals/mobs/POI/etc (on seperate layers) - preferably with preset mineral/mob icons (with scaling ability) and/or ability to add custom icons.

Forcing people to learn XML and then manually code in each and every waypoint - is not a very user-friendly way to proceed. Adding in a spectrum analyzer should not be a priority over a simple right-click interactive functionality.

As it stands - its a great STATIC codex of info (for most users) - but we can get that from Entropedia as well (with more interaction/filters/etc). Unless you let us add our own finds in it (with ease) - it will remain a "could have been great" tool.

But thats my thoughts - feel free to ignore them.

Oceanic has a convenient built-in visual entry editor that allows you to add any information on the map.

You don't have to know anything about XML, the editor will generate it for you.
All you have to do is to copy-paste that code and save it in the file of your choice.

Also, you can now log your mining claims with Oceanic using in-game chat, Oceanic will scan the log and will generate a proper data file from it, no XML knowledge or copy-paste operations are required, it's fully automated, please check additional info here.

Oceanic has a convenient built-in visual entry editor that allows you to add any information on the map.

You don't have to know anything about XML, the editor will generate it for you.
All you have to do is to copy-paste that code and save it in the file of your choice.

Also, you can now log your mining claims with Oceanic using in-game chat, Oceanic will scan the log and will generate a proper data file from it, no XML knowledge or copy-paste operations are required, it's fully automated, please check additional info here.

That looks like a promising start. :)

** How do we delete a bad/incorrect waypoint?

** How do we edit an old waypoint?

** How do we plot our older archived data while not using current location (ie default: P command)?
ie. I have lots of mining waypoints in my little black book. How do I plot those?
eg. !Narc, 123456, 12345, depth, etc

** How do we keep EACH unique resource (Lyst, Narc, Oil, etc) or Mob (Exa, Shinkiba, etc) on a seperate layer? So we can toggle each layer on/off?

** How do record mob maturities, and spawn density? ;)

Thanks.

** How do we delete a bad/incorrect waypoint?
** How do we edit an old waypoint?

You need to find the file where you put your entry and delete the entry, the same way you delete a sentence in the text, not more complicated than that.

Since all entries are kept in plain text, it's also easy to modify an entry's coordinates, name and such, doesn't require any specific knowledge but normal text editing skills and any plain text editor like Notepad.

Due to the fact that you are in control of your data, and you can split information into files any way you like, on public/private basic, or hunt-wise or soc-wise ... also due to the fact that you can add/delete/modify data files on the fly without restarting oceanic - currently there is no way to do it automatically, creating such an editor is a huge job.

I have lots of mining waypoints in my little black book. How do I plot those

If you use a common format to keep your own records, like CSV, you can make your data compatible with Little Big Mining Log CSV format, since it's a pretty general one.

Oceanic can convert LBML files into it's own format through a special tool called Oceanic Importer

There are a couple of real LBML files supplied with Oceanic, so you can use them to see how it all works. The conversion is fully automated.

Alternatively, if you use your own uncommon format, you can post a request to add a new converter to OI here

** How do we keep EACH unique resource (Lyst, Narc, Oil, etc) or Mob (Exa, Shinkiba, etc) on a seperate layer? So we can toggle each layer on/off?

Each type of resource like Lyst or Oil can be turned on/off from the right side menu, where all resources and entries are displayed.

There are no layers in there, and there is no need to program them, but it works exactly as they would be on a separate layer.

Also you can turn on/off groups of entries like all Enmatter or Ore or Teleporters, in the same menu.

..on top of that, you can place any number of any resources of any type into a separate file and turn that file on/off.. still in the same right side menu, dynamically, w/o restarting oceanic.

** How do record mob maturities, and spawn density?

You can find many examples of that in Arkadia data files supplied with Oceanic, that contains info about Arkadian mob spawns.

Since you can add any number of different attributes to any entry, it's not easy to build an editor for that, so if you unfamiliar with XML, you can just find an example once and then reuse it as many times as you need.

In you don't need any extensive comments, a spawn entry for Oceanic will look like this:

<entry type="Otorugi" Levels="26-40" Maturities="Young,Old" Mood="Happy" Appetite="Excellent" data="11789,31416:12879,31416:12879,30308:11789,30308:1" />

All attributes, like Maturities, Mood and Appetite will be displayed automatically in the oceanic info window once you click on the spawn.

There is also an extensive tutorial written for lay audience at oceanic web site

Last edited:
You need to find the file where you put your entry and delete the entry, the same way you delete a sentence in the text, not more complicated than that.

Since all entries are kept in plain text, it's also easy to modify an entry's coordinates, name and such, doesn't require any specific knowledge but normal text editing skills and any plain text editor like Notepad.

Due to the fact that you are in control of your data, and you can split information into files any way you like, on public/private basic, or hunt-wise or soc-wise ... also due to the fact that you can add/delete/modify data files on the fly without restarting oceanic - currently there is no way to do it automatically, creating such an editor is a huge job.

If you use a common format to keep your own records, like CSV, you can make your data compatible with Little Big Mining Log CSV format, since it's a pretty general one.

Oceanic can convert LBML files into it's own format through a special tool called Oceanic Importer

There are a couple of real LBML files supplied with Oceanic, so you can use them to see how it all works. The conversion is fully automated.

Alternatively, if you use your own uncommon format, you can post a request to add a new converter to OI here

Each type of resource like Lyst or Oil can be turned on/off from the right side menu, where all resources and entries are displayed.

There are no layers in there, and there is no need to program them, but it works exactly as they would be on a separate layer.

Also you can turn on/off groups of entries like all Enmatter or Ore or Teleporters, in the same menu.

..on top of that, you can place any number of any resources of any type into a separate file and turn that file on/off.. still in the same right side menu, dynamically, w/o restarting oceanic.

You can find many examples of that in Arkadia data files supplied with Oceanic, that contains info about Arkadian mob spawns.

Since you can add any number of different attributes to any entry, it's not easy to build an editor for that, so if you unfamiliar with XML, you can just find an example once and then reuse it as many times as you need.

In you don't need any extensive comments, a spawn entry for Oceanic will look like this:

<entry type="Otorugi" Levels="26-40" Maturities="Young,Old" Mood="Happy" Appetite="Excellent" data="11789,31416:12879,31416:12879,30308:11789,30308:1" />

All attributes, like Maturities, Mood and Appetite will be displayed automatically in the oceanic info window once you click on the spawn.

There is also an extensive tutorial written for lay audience at oceanic web site

Heh... and then she throw's the XML manual at me!

Hint:
Right-click > Add POI at cursor.
Right-click > Edit POI.
Right-click > Remove POI.

Simple! ;)

config file correction

I recently downloaded Oceanic 2.1. One problem I experienced was certain ores would not appear in the Ores window. Rather, they would appear in the Other window and was assigned the default map marker. This is caused by a plural form mismatch between the Config file Design Type Name and the Ark_mining.xml Type entry.

Go to the EXTRA RESOURCES section of the Config file and change every instance of "Stones" to "Stone". Conversely, you could make sure your Ark_mining.xml Type entries for those ores use the plural form, whichever you find easier. This should save you a little setup time.

TheMoreYouKnow.gif

Last edited:
I recently downloaded Oceanic 2.1. One problem I experienced was certain ores would not appear in the Ores window...

Yes, as I remember Caly ores have "stone" in their name and Arkadia ones have "stones", so there might be a confusion because of that.

Oceanic follows this official naming though, Arkadia mineral distribution data should have been fixed by now, so all ores are listed below Ores and enmatters in Enmatter, if not you can always rename it, new ores and enmatters only come up with a new planet, so it's not a frequent problem.

Thanks for reminding anyway :)

Thanks for the great work on this product, I think once we have more community involvement this will be an invaluable tool!

I am just starting to learn how to put the xml tags in etc and have successfully done so for 3 mobs on Eudoria. But when I click on the mob list on the right hand side of the application those 3 are listed at the bottom of the entire list, even though they don't belong there alphabetically. How do I adjust that list so all mobs are listed alphabetically?

Thanks for the great work on this product, I think once we have more community involvement this will be an invaluable tool!

I am just starting to learn how to put the xml tags in etc and have successfully done so for 3 mobs on Eudoria. But when I click on the mob list on the right hand side of the application those 3 are listed at the bottom of the entire list, even though they don't belong there alphabetically. How do I adjust that list so all mobs are listed alphabetically?

Normally all mobs and resources are auto-sorted alphabetically, I need to see your file to tell you why it's not working.

If you contact us via email listed at the bottom of the main web site page and attach the file, I'll take a look at what might be causing this problem.

Normally all mobs and resources are auto-sorted alphabetically, I need to see your file to tell you why it's not working.

If you contact us via email listed at the bottom of the main web site page and attach the file, I'll take a look at what might be causing this problem.

I looked back at my file not really knowing what i was looking for. Then noticed I had my 4 spawns I identified in all lower case letters, where you had the Ark ones starting with upper case, so I made mine all upper case, and bingo! Now in alpha order, so that makes a difference!

General update (30.04.2012):

Calypso update:

- New contributions were added to the main package: teleporters across Amethera and Eudoria have been revised, also added preview images for various TPs. All TP and LA info for Amethera has been merged into one file.

Last edited:
Cyrene and Space update (02.05.2012):

Cyrene update:
- New planet Cyrene has been added to Oceanic, including the map with all available TPs, Revivals and revival zones.

Space update:
- Space map has been updated to include Cyrene. Locations for new FOMA/CP/Caly space stations haven't been updated yet.

Back