OF 105 VS MD 40 or 50

iNfusioN

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Fabio iNfusi0n Pedro
is there any diferençe???

or they are just the same thing?? cause the prices are WOW WAY diferent!

opinions welcome
:wise: :wise: :wise: :wise: :wise:

i mean vs the detonater :p

ma bad

iNfusioN said:
i mean vs the detonater :p

ma bad

My understanding is the OF has a much higher rate of decay. Just what i have heard.

Suicide

Quoting from the EP forum:

Claude said:
stu0112 said:
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between say, an orefinder of-101 and say a 103.

First of all ,there are two tipes of mining tools , the OLD crafted ones and the new ones , both for ore and enmatter .
OLD : MD-10 -MD-50 (for ore) , ED-10-ED-50(for enmatter)
NEW: OF-101-OF-105 (for ore), MF-101-MF-105(for enmatter)

The diffrence is decay,range of detection and weight also ,altho not many people look at weight as an important factor ;)
The OLD crafted tools have low decay , which made them go up in price after they couldn't be crafted anymore and the new ones were introduced.
If you have enuff peds to invest in mining tools I'd sugest you buy an MD 40 or MD 50. If you're flat broke just buy the MD10 from the TT or if you can find a cheap MD 20 in auction would be good also.Stay away from the MD 30 as it's a shitty detector , at least from my experience :p
I've tested the NEW crafted stuff and decay is just too big so I'd stay away from those if I were you .

stu0112 said:
Can you only find certain Ore with the bottom of the range one, but can find better ones as you go up in numbers.
NO ! You'll be able to find all tipes of ore no matter what detector you use and all sizes.Higher lvl at detectors is suposed to give you better detection range , althou many doubt that and MA hasn't provided any concrete info about this .

stu0112 said:
Also the same question with the extractors. Infact any help to do with Mining would be of great help.
I thank you all in advance for your help
OLD :ME/01-ME/05(ore),EE/01-EE/05(enmatter)
NEW:OM-101-OM-105(ore),MD-101-MD-105(enmatter)
Also for ore there is adj exc ,imp exc .

The diffrence is decay,speed and weight.Old ones have around 1 pec decay per pull , new ones above 1 pec , adj exc and imp exc have 0.5 pec decay per pull.The higher the lvl of exc the faster it is which saves time , very important factor ;) especially when you're extracting a big deposit.The new crafted exc are faster than the old ones if you compare same lvl.My sugestion ,if you have money , is to buy an ME/04 or ME/05 and than upgrade to adj,imp exc ;) If you're broke buy the tt one :)

Also ,don't forget refiners . The best refiner is the TT one !!You can refine the same amount of stones no matter the lvl . The higher the lvl the more decay it has so just buy the one in TT which is at tools section - MANUFACTURING , and not mining ,cuz they moved it for some strange reason :roll:

When you go out mining go with AT LEAST 100 bombs/probes ,even 150 if you can cuz you need to "scan" the area to find something above averege.With less than that you're JUST HOPING to get lucky ...

Oh yeah ,and deposit sizes so you know what you found :

Minimal 0.00 - 0.25 PED
Tiny 0.25 - 0.50 PED
Very Poor 0.50 - 1 PED

Poor 1 - 1.50 PED
Small 1.50 - 2.40 PED
Modest 2 - 4 PED
Average 3 - 5 PED
Medium 5 - 8 PED
Ample 6 - 12 PED
Considerable 10-16 PED
Sizable 16-24 PED
Large 24-35 PED
Abundant 26-52 PED
Great 36 - 84 PED
Substantial 60 -130 PED
Significant 100 - 216 PED
Plentiful 153-331 PED
Huge 231-330 PED
Extremely Large 300 - 402 PED
Massive 400 - 736 PED
Vast 590 - 1670 PED
Enormous 1100 - 2538 PED

With low skils you shouldn't look at the maximum size of a vast for example and think you can get that much , cuz that's made with a lot of skills , you should look at the min of vast and than min of enormous for example, so a low skilled miner should get a vast between 590-1100 ,it also depends on tipe of ore also ,pulls and so on ...

GL stu0112 :)

raeky said:
until you have high skills anything but the TT detectors is pointless, they just decay more. But getting the highest level extractor you can find is good if being able to extract the resource fast is imporant (mining with alot of mobs nearby).

raeky said:
I would say 300-400 in your detection skill... then you could upgrade, but then again if your rich you can get a MD/50 and ED/50... decay wise they're not bad. ;-) But if your not rich then i'd wait until you had several hundred in your detection skills before you upgraded to level 3-4 maybe 5. MD-101 and MF-101 are just the same as the TT tools except they decay more.

And to conclusion

HOLLLLERRRRR said:
i personally find that there is no difference between the mining OFs and MF.... i still use my TT OF when i mine... and i have tried all,,, no better results for 2 reasons....]

1 if there are minerals there u will find it... and if there arent minerals there u will not :roll: .... if u use the best ore finder in game and there are no minerals... i know u will not find a thing...

2 also its the bomb that gives u the detection radius.... as if u have ever found a claim u can run from one side of the map to the other... and still have the claim on detector...

i have seen many enorm... vast and massives on TT OFs.... me personally i have over 100 mining hofs 1 vast 2 massives... and many plentifuls and extermly larges....

all were got on my TT of....

also u mentioned about frequency of bombing and respawn... i have a spot that i can mine 3 times a day successfully

[I highlighted some parts for faster access to important information]

raeky said:
until you have high skills anything but the TT detectors is pointless, they just decay more.
It used to be true in the past, now it isn't anymore. I'll let you check why on your own :)

stu0112 said:
Higher lvl at detectors is suposed to give you better detection range , althou many doubt that and MA hasn't provided any concrete info about this.
I agree with the lack of information. The better detection range is just a rumor. Skilled miners say it's just a matter of time-saving (much longer mining runs), but I have been blasting more than 15k bombs so far and there are still plenty of ores I have never ever found with the TT stuff... And I do have spots everywhere :wise:

HOLLLLERRRRR said:
i personally find that there is no difference between the mining OFs and MF.... i still use my TT OF when i mine... and i have tried all,,, no better results for 2 reasons....

1 if there are minerals there u will find it... and if there arent minerals there u will not :roll: .... if u use the best ore finder in game and there are no minerals... i know u will not find a thing...

2 also its the bomb that gives u the detection radius.... as if u have ever found a claim u can run from one side of the map to the other... and still have the claim on detector...

i have seen many enorm... vast and massives on TT OFs.... me personally i have over 100 mining hofs 1 vast 2 massives... and many plentifuls and extermly larges....

all were got on my TT of....
I agree with the whole content. People (usually ex-hunters) fear the TT stuff because it's meant to be crappy. Yet, for mining and crafting, it isn't.

In a nutshell : keep your MD-10.

Franck said:
In a nutshell : keep your MD-10.
Nope :silly2:
Let's not go into the range issue , although I would go there also but it's gonna be just beliefs :p and those can be argued forever,MD-10 has 1 pec decay and 3kg weight ,TT is 3 so you'd have to repair it almost every mining run which is quite annoying if you make 200-300 bombs mining runs , MD-40/MD-50 has 0.8pec decay , 1kg weight , TT is 56/64 .Decay matters !!!Weight matters !!!Time wasted on repairing a MD-10 every 300 bombs matters ! or even worse , if it breaks in the middle of the mining run, carrying more than one ads to weight and count also :duh: It all matters if your profession is mining , if you're a week-end miner than the MD-10 is more than enuff , it's all about what you play in the end :wise:
Oh , and thx for quoting me F1G0 :silly2: I forgot about the post I made on EP about old and new mining equipment in that thread :rolleyes:

Back