FYI: Official MISCONDUCT for MM

one such person ran about, collecting feffs, with a nice train following them. So, I did the only reasonable thing... I ran behind the avatar, picking off the big feffs till they came after me!!! Thanks for saving me the trouble of finding them!!!! :D

If it was me you are most welcome :) but then if you had to run behind them and tag them from the train I obviousy wasn't hindering you :) I was in fact helping you so i can't really see how this has anythign to do with the thread?

Last edited:
I think the bottom line is - if you are doing such things - do it in a way it will not affect other players. And don't tell shit like "they ran out of me" - you are not first day in game and know that mobs AI is better be called AS"Artificial Stupidity" so whatever you want but not interfere with others

...There will alkways be leg-humpers who will defend anyones behaviour...

GL with MM.

leghumper.gif

hahahaha! he said 'leg-humpers' :D

...:popcorn:...

and big gratz on your uber HOF :D
gratz_bagman.jpg

Last edited:
it's a game..

As fortunate or unfortunate as it may be, EU is seen as a game by some. I am not defending anyone here... just stating a fact. Even though MA does not call this a video game, some still consider it one... as such, some play the game, or make it a game if it's boring to them, etc. As long as EULA is not violated, and players or "participants" follow the rules as established by MA (i.e. doing anything in game MA does not specifically stop you from doing, including "skilling evade," or gleefully tagging a mob with a powerful gun so that your friend that you are not in a team with can kill it to up their number of kills per hour for their team, or whatever) there's no real "cheating" going on. All's fair in love and war.

the general attitude...

I think the real problem is not behaviour of one individual, but general attitude of the participants and "tactics" in EU in general as well. Hope you don't consider that off topic or anything.

Marry Mayhem involves fast killing and picking a big maturity so one would not waste time and gain as many points as possible as fast as possible. It also takes helpers to stop wasting time on finding creatures. I doubt helpers can actually bring all the mobs they want to bring to whom they help without any going other way to other players. Not the way they do it now anyway.

Thing is, the attitude is just wrong, players attitude. You are blinded by the prizes and will to win. Sure, it is worth winning, as all events are, sure it is full of stress and makes people act different than normlly (though some act like that all the time). The thing is the general attitude imho.

What I mean is - we all know what AI is and how mobs attack. When hunting in a place with big spawn (and agressive mobs) you can do 2 things:
1. Try to keep mobs that are by your side stay by your side
2. Don't care about creatures you are not shooting at for the moment and think about next one when you finish off the one you are killing at the very time.

Too many people use second tactics. That is the general attitude. They don't give a shit about who is around them, what is the person doing and they don't think if getting mobs angry will make them go and attack someone else and if that can cause any dmg to the other person.
Players in general seem to be selfish. All complain when others do it to them, but few care about what they do to others.

Exapmles except event are just too common. Look at the people hunting argos in Twin or troxes by Ithaca. Some people (including me) when going inside and being attacked by several creatures take time to shoot one time only at every attacking mob to keep them by their side and then finish off the first one. When done with the first, they move to the second one and so on. But still creatures that gained some dmg from the killer won't leav him that fast. So the hunter is not making mobs run around like headless chickens and giving decay to other players. Hunter keeps them for himself.

If you use the second tactics and you don't shoot at all the creatures just one time before starting to actaully kill them will make them run like crazy from green dot to green dot trying to slay all that moves untill someone kills it (or dies).

This happens just too often. People in Ithaca run into the massive red dot spawn and kill one atrox young for a time long enough to make all the others run around, cause additional decay, piss other players off. In Twin people run towards large number of red dots withoug paying attention to what the dots are and then they scream for others to kill the argo hunter or they let the hunter run around like crazy and killing all low level hunters.

OFC you can call it a tactics, but for me that is what bad attitude, and bad behaviour is. Now don't get me wrong, I do complain in general about lack of thinking about other player but I don't whine about me. I don't hunt often esspecialy in cowded places to avoid this sort of shit. But if I do, I don't make mobs run around and it would be nice if others did the same... I know I stand to chance for that though.
Trains are just as bad. You have no controll over the mobs if you don't give them any dmg at all. Even with opalo.

If the people tagging creatures for the event actually used one or two shots on each, the feffs would not run around, they would just follow to the killer.
Extra cost, sure. With opalo about 2pec per mob (considering total cost I think that ain't much). But the feeling of being fair would remain. That is more important than extra cost for me, still I don't take part in Marry Mayhem.

What I think is that we all know the AI of the mobs and by knowing that we can prevent this sort of actions by using our own intellingence. I would advice using it sometimes to some people... There is a reason for which you own a brain, and making it work sometimes just won't hurt. Now I don't mean any one in particular, that is a general statement.

And points... yes, you get more for bigger feffs. But somehow I doubt that killing the smaller ones that come in your way would make chances of winning lesser. They give points as well, and they may give loot that can improve ped card situation plus they take shorter to kill, don't they?

Back