Official video guides and tutorials?

morey

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Aurisk Morey Kenbi
So much unorganized, scattered and old info out there. It overwhelms newbies. Why not have a staff or a player run detailed guides on how to play the game in more detail? This could be more effective than the ingame tutorial quest system and big long forum tutorials. Key here is keep it short, edited, and to the point while advertised on the main EU website for newplayers. Common beginner Topics like:

Important factors in choosing a weapon
How to determine the markup of your loot from auction house values?
How to choose armor relative to a mob?
etc.

These videos can even be submitted by the community and be endorsed by MA. Hell, do these in other languages too.

• Hi morey. I believe one reason for the current situation is that Entropia Universe is a huge and complex digital world, it can simply be described in many different ways and it constantly evolves. To keep an updated, detailed set of guides and tutorials is a challenge. Entropia Universe is also about exploration, figuring things out, learning, and creating an edge in your way of understanding the game. These are fundamental pieces of the puzzle. On the other hand, I agree that tutorials, guides, and hints are important. As a company, MindArk has a responsibility to ensure that the initial experience for new participants is as smooth as possible, making sure they understand the basics and can progress. I also believe we should continue and improve our support for community members who create tutorials, tools, and community info sites, etc.
- Magnus Eriksson

Back