oh boy...space vehicles for vets and rich

Well, common sense..(which is not very common) seems to respond to your post in that you have an interest in the outcome or you have not clue to what is being discussed..

I 'assume', yes that makes an ass out of you and me..

that you do have an interest in the outcome...therefore, pure logic, what is your uber name?

Seoul...

I read it again, and why do you want me to give you my uber name? I have a name, call it uber or not, up to you.
So far, as to claim that 100k peds investment (or more) will ensure the owner sufficient outcome, to the day of today, nothing is sure and rather pure speculation.
With my mid level rank, I had the opportunity to 'approach' some ubers in NWO prison, and things are not like the painting you're drawing, ubers can and mostly are very smart people. I know, it's easy to think the opposite.

Edit: And no, no outcome hunted in my case, i play for fun, money is secondary for me.

Last edited:
Azrael

hey man i feel you..
the one thing that pisses me off about this is that i play this game for the fun and in a way Hobby tied to it, but when in real life i step out my door and see proverty or high and mighty up top then log on and see it here its kinda sad.. but hey it is what it is, but when 5 or 6 years pass i just hope to be where they are because if im in the same spot. it becomes just a big ass chatroom or a cool way of wasting time..

Wile i agree with the statement the introduction of space handled the way it is is a waste of potential for EUs economy with the auctioned ships, i'm fine with the way the competition is handled.
Because it is fair. The small mobs for the medium fighters are rally for all levels managable, but having it on the smallest maturity also prevents most higher level players from participating, because they don't want to deal with the small mobs.

The motherships need a HOF atm of around 40k (hunting ignoring crafting/mining now). There are a lot of mobs out there even a noob can handle which have enough HP potential to ATH higher. Yes costs are involved, but should something which might get such high prices on the market be handed out for nothing ? Yes Seoul might whine you need all uber gear and bla, but that's simply not true.

When you want to go for it Apis + Dante + Gremlin + UR125 is enough and in range of most players without need to invest millions of PED in skills and gear. It'S fairer than a Merry Mayhem like competition modus. Here not for the ubers, but in favour for all those who are complaining that much. Why ? Because in such a competition you really had to compete directly against the Top of EU. Now you can go on one run with let's say 1k ped of ammo on levi and draw a small ticket and try your luck you might get lucky, most likely not but you knew it before. Still the chance is there.

Too much costs involved ? Too much risk for a too small chance ? Well then you still have the possibility to take advantage frome those who are willing to take the risk. They need resources for their high stakes. Be it crafters, miners or hunters. Feel free to supply them with whatever they need. They pay you for that, it's not a drawback.

And at this point we are back at attitude and mindset. You can have the attitude to rather come here whining about what you can not, or take advantage of the situation as given and make the best out of it. Recognize this window of opportunity and make the best out of it. I see many out there who do it right now. Be one of them. You might get your own slice easier than you think, even without competing with the top.

just my 2 pec.

BR

You people that keep talking about these 40k mobs that will ATH, that noobs can handle....put your money where your mouth is and tell us what they are...as I havent seen any yet. A noob isnt gonna have the skills to use high end equipment, even with the "investment" you refer to. I have 111 HP, use Kat determine (able swordsman 14), and wear nemesis with 5b plates....can only handle an atrox up to level 42 ish...anything higher hit me like im not wearing any armor at all. Dont even wanna talk about Armax :(

You people that keep talking about these 40k mobs that will ATH, that noobs can handle....put your money where your mouth is and tell us what they are...as I havent seen any yet. A noob isnt gonna have the skills to use high end equipment, even with the "investment" you refer to.

The equipment i mentioned is sufficient. Without detailed calculation i can give you a rough estimation. Full Gremlin + 5b ( below 1k PED ) + UR125 ~ 100 PEd. Not the skills for the UR125, take a SK20 fapper for decay and the best you can handle or even go with ek2600 ( yeah i kno the eks ain't eco ). Dante ( +2.5k ) when you don't have the funds for the Dante you might take a beast amp instead which is cheap.

So you will say ~ Lvl 30 Blp Sniper is high level ? Or the mentioned gear is uber and too expensive ? I know a lot of people which consider this noobish. You can easily kill Leviathan in this setup and get 80-90k HOFs on them.

Anyway when all that is still too much for you, go for a medium fighter on small mobs, or make profit in hunting/mining/crafting for those competing for the motherships.

You people that keep talking about these 40k mobs that will ATH, that noobs can handle....put your money where your mouth is and tell us what they are...as I havent seen any yet. A noob isnt gonna have the skills to use high end equipment, even with the "investment" you refer to. I have 111 HP, use Kat determine (able swordsman 14), and wear nemesis with 5b plates....can only handle an atrox up to level 42 ish...anything higher hit me like im not wearing any armor at all. Dont even wanna talk about Armax :(

You know you can hunt mobs in a group and not actually be in a team right?

I don't have a VTOL and you do, will you give it to me? Since you're uber enough to have one and I'm not it would only be fair if you gave me yours and bought another one for yourself. :scratch2:

Oh, and these will be the only ships ever produced/sold/crafted forever right?

It's all a big conspiracy to keep people out of space (especially you).

Also, why do you play, seriously?

Looking at your post history, you (and Seoul) think the game is rigged anyway, so why bother to play at all.

Yet you dont hear me whining, even though I have plans to go up into space, and go there often. Why is that?

Practicality?

Dreaming within your means?

Living within your means?

Not trying to keep up with the cool kids (used to be the Jones' but they fell behind the cool kids).

Dear Sir...

i've read all the posts and i understand the points quite well, apparently you need to take a dose of your own advice. the only fact we currently know is the ongoing competition and more will be released. you've already taken the offensive as many do on this forum with out knowing further development. i would like to ASSUME that at ur age patience be a virtue and let the powers that may be do their thing before jumping the gun.
however, from all your posts all i see is uber this uber that and the whole fucken world is a conspiracy to help the ubers get more uber.
there's a huge difference between voicing ur opinion and being a douche that's whining and bitching cuz you assume everything is written in stone and all outcome is predetermined.

Where have I dropped to your level, in calling you a douche, bitching, etc?

I suggest that you try to grow up a bit...people that express an opinion that you don't agree with, are not being a 'douche'....now, in your mode of thought, live with it A.H.

Seoul

You know you can hunt mobs in a group and not actually be in a team right? Yeah, but one has to wonder about loot and cost equities.

I don't have a VTOL and you do, will you give it to me? Since you're uber enough to have one and I'm not it would only be fair if you gave me yours and bought another one for yourself. :scratch2: Now you're just being assinine

Oh, and these will be the only ships ever produced/sold/crafted forever right?

It's all a big conspiracy to keep people out of space (especially you). No problem, I really havent finished on Calypso yet anyway

Also, why do you play, seriously?

Looking at your post history, you (and Seoul) think the game is rigged anyway, so why bother to play at all. I had a smartassed answer here, but changed my mind....I am actually like the other guy, who plays it as more or less a hobby.

Anyway, thanks for the honest answer Jennson

Last edited:
If we were all equal where would the challenge be to get stronger, tougher and progress?

This isnt real life it's a game and in this game we get to live out an alternate life as a hunter, miner, crafter etc, it is up to us to figure out ways to become the best we can be, either by being eco or gung ho the choice is yours there is no rush you have time to plan and stratigise the path forward to your own ability some have money constraints some have time constraints some don't have either and that comes down to how we progressed in real life

Some people have spent a lot of time and money getting where they are and getting the gear and skills they use.

Some havent spent as much but have amased there skills and gear by being in the game for a very long time if not from the very start.

I do not think i should be able to stroll in and reap rewards that others have worked hard to reap i should have to skill and earn my chance to one day have the ability to bring down the uber mobs or craft the uber items.

And one day i will.

gl

This was my expectation. Not only could it be pretty costly, as we don't even know what the full TT value of a mothership is, but if it takes weapons, ammo, shields and armor, etc. then it could end up being an expensive effort.

In addition, those players who end up with those giant HoFs are most likely the ones spending the greatest amount of time in-game, the professional players. Giving away a mothership to such a player means it's more likely that it will be operating in the game as intended for balance. Let a brand new player win one and they could wind up leaving the game without selling it (doubtful, but you never know) or just stashing it away until they have the chance or money to use it.

That being said, I'd love to be someone's mothership pilot. :)

This was the best, most realistic post in this thread, and highlights a point that not one other person touched on. +rep

The motherships are being rewarded to the people that MA can reasonably expect to put them to use as intended. Why give it to a non-depositing noob if they can't afford the expenses that come with it? The uber/rich players will be in a better position of showing off what these motherships are capable of because they have the skills and money to use them properly.

Put yourself in MA's shoes for a minute. Let's say you and your company just came out with a new product. A new cellphone for example. As a marketing strategy, the company has decided to give away some promotional phones. They've left you in charge to decide: what would be the best strategy for maximum exposure?

You could give the phones away to rich celebrities and athletes. They have will have no problem paying their phone bills, which ensures the phones will be used. They also get their pictures taken constantly, which may land a shot of them using your phone in a magazine or on TV.

You could give the phone to homeless people. It might make for a nice news story, and might certainly make a homeless person's day. But the chances of them being able to pay the phone bill to use the phone is slim to none. Likewise, the number of serious potential customers they would be able to give a favorable review of that phone to is also very small.

You could go the in between route and give the phones to the middle class. This would put the phones in the hands of the people you ultimately want to buy your phones, but as a promotional tool, might be a little risky. Some people could afford to use the phone, while others could not. Along those same lines, you can't be sure how many friends these people have and how big their networks are to get exposure for your phone.

Assume your career is riding on this one decision. Which one are you going to choose?

Hi!

"Look, this guy over there just scored an insane Uber HoF! See all the shiny UL tools in the loot! What you estimate this in value, TT + MU? Oh, sooo much? For sure he will withdraw most of it, see, he has already a 5 digit Ped amount on his card!
What? Yeah - that's it, let's give him a MotherFShip too, on top, great idea! Better one big withdrawal but 2 smaller ones, you're right, it's so much work to process these ..."

"Hey, have you seen that poor lil' freak over there? Tell you, is playing since ages, deposits each 2 weeks, never scored big yet. Should we give him a MotherFShip? He'd be most happy and would tell all his friends! He'd sell it, so someone would have to deposit for it, fresh money - and I bet he'd not withdraw, but spent all PED's for skills and better gear! Wouldn't this be great PR? We'd score quite some new depositors this way, I'm sure!

What? Oh, Yessir! We are MA, Sir. Yeah, the servers, the hamsters, Yessir!
No, Sir, please - think of my wife and the children, Sir, for the love of god, Sir! Haven't I always done a good job? Haven't I [whispering, inarticulate] for you whenever you needed? Think of the last business trip, please, Sir, haven't I [whispering, inarticulate]?

Oh, thank you, Sir, last chance, Sir, I got it, Sir!
Will never ever even think of such again, Sir, promised. Yes, we are MA, Yessir."

No further comments needed.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Simple request, who are you?

I read it again, and why do you want me to give you my uber name? I have a name, call it uber or not, up to you.
So far, as to claim that 100k peds investment (or more) will ensure the owner sufficient outcome, to the day of today, nothing is sure and rather pure speculation.
With my mid level rank, I had the opportunity to 'approach' some ubers in NWO prison, and things are not like the painting you're drawing, ubers can and mostly are very smart people. I know, it's easy to think the opposite.

Edit: And no, no outcome hunted in my case, i play for fun, money is secondary for me.

So., it seems that the 'ubers' can do no wroing, afterall the "derserve" it...very lame. IMHO

Seoul, whatever the conclusions/the issues you see, nothing will change.
If you're smart and friendly, am pretty sure an uber would even let you pilot the ship.

You won't rewrite rules for your conveniences, you know!

And why you keep asking me my name, who i am? That's pretty clear and written in many locations within this forum. My name is Ed Lguigui Ward. What do you want?

Seoul might 'whine' OK

Call it whining...have fun, but in the end those that own hangers, LA, and etc will get the Mother ships...am I 'whining" well I guess I am, the Ubers have enought already, when do the middle level players get a taste?

Just my two pecs................flame away..............

Seoul

Wile i agree with the statement the introduction of space handled the way it is is a waste of potential for EUs economy with the auctioned ships, i'm fine with the way the competition is handled.
Because it is fair. The small mobs for the medium fighters are rally for all levels managable, but having it on the smallest maturity also prevents most higher level players from participating, because they don't want to deal with the small mobs.

The motherships need a HOF atm of around 40k (hunting ignoring crafting/mining now). There are a lot of mobs out there even a noob can handle which have enough HP potential to ATH higher. Yes costs are involved, but should something which might get such high prices on the market be handed out for nothing ? Yes Seoul might whine you need all uber gear and bla, but that's simply not true.

When you want to go for it Apis + Dante + Gremlin + UR125 is enough and in range of most players without need to invest millions of PED in skills and gear. It'S fairer than a Merry Mayhem like competition modus. Here not for the ubers, but in favour for all those who are complaining that much. Why ? Because in such a competition you really had to compete directly against the Top of EU. Now you can go on one run with let's say 1k ped of ammo on levi and draw a small ticket and try your luck you might get lucky, most likely not but you knew it before. Still the chance is there.

Too much costs involved ? Too much risk for a too small chance ? Well then you still have the possibility to take advantage frome those who are willing to take the risk. They need resources for their high stakes. Be it crafters, miners or hunters. Feel free to supply them with whatever they need. They pay you for that, it's not a drawback.

And at this point we are back at attitude and mindset. You can have the attitude to rather come here whining about what you can not, or take advantage of the situation as given and make the best out of it. Recognize this window of opportunity and make the best out of it. I see many out there who do it right now. Be one of them. You might get your own slice easier than you think, even without competing with the top.

just my 2 pec.

BR

And why you keep asking me my name, who i am? That's pretty clear and written in many locations within this forum. My name is Ed Lguigui Ward. What do you want?

Perhaps its because you are a secret agent. :whisper:

His name is Ward. Ed Ward - and he drinks Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred.

Name?

Well,

You seem to 'support' the Uber view....all is theires...sorry, don't agree..A.H. (advanced human)

fLAME aWAY...

Seoul

Well,

You seem to 'support' the Uber view....all is theires...sorry, don't agree..A.H. (advanced human)

fLAME aWAY...

Seoul

ok, to clarify a bit, in the past, i was very tempted to adopt your kind of positions reguarding ubers status.
To the day of today, I changed my minds about it, for a few reasons that am sure you will experience too, if you keep playing. After all, when you reach lvl 100, you maxed unL weapons, no need to get to level 150 to max them. (more details, example are not needed to understand my opinions)

Also, am pretty sure that you are closer to the uber status than to the 'just signed in' brand new avatar... Soon you'll be hated like them, take care :)

Another voice crying in the wilderst...

DUDE..

I'm a level 40 miner, level plasma 61 sniper and can go on...........its fixed..........just that simple.....it's not gambling...that means they pick and choose..just taht simple...

Seoul...

Well,

fLAME aWAY...

Seoul

I dont think he supports the uber view. He just doesnt support your view.

For that matter, neither do I. I think you're complaining.

This was my expectation. Not only could it be pretty costly, as we don't even know what the full TT value of a mothership is, but if it takes weapons, ammo, shields and armor, etc. then it could end up being an expensive effort.

In addition, those players who end up with those giant HoFs are most likely the ones spending the greatest amount of time in-game, the professional players. Giving away a mothership to such a player means it's more likely that it will be operating in the game as intended for balance. Let a brand new player win one and they could wind up leaving the game without selling it (doubtful, but you never know) or just stashing it away until they have the chance or money to use it.

That being said, I'd love to be someone's mothership pilot. :)

This guy is exactly right. This is going to be one expensive puppy to operate, for a whole crew of people. I'd much rather see some experienced players operating motherships until we all figure out what to even use them for. I wouldn't doubt fuel burn alone between planets would be more PED than I turn over in a month.

The crafter in the lead for a mothership after his/her Rutic Bett (L) 83,965 PED ATH isnt an uber.

They just play rather than make threads.

Unfortunately, noobs use to not let you pilot their toys :)

I'm sorry...

I read and then re-read your post. Yes, you are correct, that is how it is done in real life. Yes, look at the number of 'real poor people' in the U.S. today. They are just screwed..and you have to wonder why? WELL...IMHO...it is thinking like this, "The rich should get richer and the poor should get poorer"....

That is the whole meaning behind my very first post....

You say is is 'normal' I say it is not normal for the rich to feed of of the poor....(in history, it is normal, but is it right?)

Just my 2 pecs..

Flame away...LOL, the neg reps I've gotten is unreal, seems that a lot of people have an interest in keeping the gravy from the poor...HELL, it's just gravy, not the real meat, which is where I'll not go...(anyone have a castle for sell?)

Seoul

This was the best, most realistic post in this thread, and highlights a point that not one other person touched on. +rep

The motherships are being rewarded to the people that MA can reasonably expect to put them to use as intended. Why give it to a non-depositing noob if they can't afford the expenses that come with it? The uber/rich players will be in a better position of showing off what these motherships are capable of because they have the skills and money to use them properly.

Put yourself in MA's shoes for a minute. Let's say you and your company just came out with a new product. A new cellphone for example. As a marketing strategy, the company has decided to give away some promotional phones. They've left you in charge to decide: what would be the best strategy for maximum exposure?

You could give the phones away to rich celebrities and athletes. They have will have no problem paying their phone bills, which ensures the phones will be used. They also get their pictures taken constantly, which may land a shot of them using your phone in a magazine or on TV.

You could give the phone to homeless people. It might make for a nice news story, and might certainly make a homeless person's day. But the chances of them being able to pay the phone bill to use the phone is slim to none. Likewise, the number of serious potential customers they would be able to give a favorable review of that phone to is also very small.

You could go the in between route and give the phones to the middle class. This would put the phones in the hands of the people you ultimately want to buy your phones, but as a promotional tool, might be a little risky. Some people could afford to use the phone, while others could not. Along those same lines, you can't be sure how many friends these people have and how big their networks are to get exposure for your phone.

Assume your career is riding on this one decision. Which one are you going to choose?

I read and then re-read your post. Yes, you are correct, that is how it is done in real life. Yes, look at the number of 'real poor people' in the U.S. today. They are just screwed..and you have to wonder why? WELL...IMHO...it is thinking like this, "The rich should get richer and the poor should get poorer"....

Seoul

We don't know how these ships will be used, or if it is even possible to make a profit from using one. But it's pretty safe to assume that they will be expensive to run and maintain, and that they will likely be valued fairly high.

The last point seems to be the basis for your entire position on this matter. Your approach is one of pure self interest. The fact that you don't have a chance to get one means that MA is creating a great injustice in the game. You say my example is how it is done in real life, but what exactly is this then? You think because of the fact that you interact with pixels and a virtual environment that somehow real life business methods no longer apply?

MA has a business to run, and they are going to run it so that it benefits their own self interests. They aren't a charity foundation... :rolleyes:

seems that a lot of people have an interest in keeping the gravy from the poor.l

Let's get a few things straight.

This isnt about individual greed here. Some folks may be greedy, true. But others are not and still dont agree with you. I work for a non-profit charity, and have founded and currently also run another non-profit charity. I think I can qualify as a very generous individual both with my time and my talents.

The approach you are suggesting simply is not practical for this platform. Its not how real economies function, and its not how a simulated economy could function.

What you are asking for is basically Marxist, and while Marxism is nice on paper, in practicality it just does not work.

If youre feeling generous help those around you. But to demand a portion in equal amount to another who has put in more work, more effort, and more drive (all symbolized by money which is obtained by work, effort, and drive) is nothing short of greed on your part.

At the very least what you are proposing would devalue individual starship assets. At worst it would undermine the financial trust relationship between MindArk and its consumers, completely destroying the economy in EU.

Sorry, but that's the truth.

Flame away...LOL, the neg reps I've gotten is unreal, seems that a lot of people have an interest in keeping the gravy from the poor...HELL, it's just gravy, not the real meat, which is where I'll not go...(anyone have a castle for sell?)

Seoul

If they are playing this game, they have internet, computers, food, electricity, housing, an education and a lot more and some gravy.

Do you actually have any idea what poor is? Because they most certainly arent reading your ramblings about gravy i can tell you that right now.

If they are playing this game, they have internet, computers, food, electricity, housing, an education and a lot more and some gravy.

Do you actually have any idea what poor is? Because they most certainly arent reading your ramblings about gravy i can tell you that right now.

Good point. I dont think the crackhead sitting outside my door right now, or the homless guy with AIDS in the clinic down the hall from me are playing Entropia, nor would they sympathize with Seoul's arguments.

They'd likely look at him and say "Hey Bro, can you help me out?"

And he would feel uncomfortable and ignore them.

I love a good debate... keep it up guys this is really exciting ;-)

Back