Question: OLA 44 - large molisks

Rick Sanchez

Alpha
Ricardo Rick Sanchez
I'm having trouble finding any information about OLA #44, and all forum posts are pre-2012. Is anyone able to provide any context or historical info for this LA?

Last edited:
Does it say who the seller is on auction?

its virtual FOND manager, who is listed on the EI Fund site as being part of their group. they were offline all of yesterday after listing the LA deed - hoping to catch them this weekend.

What DNA are you expecting to swap it with? There are generally only DNA left of generic mobs, ie argonaut, floating around.

What DNA are you expecting to swap it with? There are generally only DNA left of generic mobs, ie argonaut, floating around.

that's part of the purchase due diligence im working through right now

Last edited:
that's part of the purchase due diligence im working through right now. trying to balance available DNA vs. cost vs. what mobs/maturity balance will provide an attractive niche hunters. looking at something like large argo/atrox, maybe proterons or something snazzier if i can manage to secure 2-3 DNAs. ideal would be a typically inconvenient-to-hunt mob with decent MU drops.

You wont find Proteon's or anything 'snazzie'. There are already at least two other Atrox LA's so prob not the best idea to go for them. Don't know how high the DNA lets you go with Argo as most Argo LA's have low level ones....so i don't think you can get elite, etc.
Many times its not really the mob, but the event that gets people hunting those LA's, especially now that there is the codex, where L25 is repeatable, so people can essentially hunt mobs they like over and over, instead of switching once completing the mission chain for that mob.

There's currently two LAs that have big Berycled, and they both charge 4.5% interest like it's CP or something.

Want to make some money? Make a big Berycled LA with 3% tax and you'll get all the low level hunters.

There's currently two LAs that have big Berycled, and they both charge 4.5% interest like it's CP or something.

Want to make some money? Make a big Berycled LA with 3% tax and you'll get all the low level hunters.

can you change LA tax rate now? i thought that was bound by MA.

something like berycled is a good example of what i'm pursuing - not a rare mob, but its a massive PITA to hunt large ones off of those two LAs. i understand the sentiment behind active/passive LA management, event running, etc...it's really just going to depend on availability and pricing i think. good to know that argo's might not go as big as elite - i'll remember to look into max maturities for those situations as well.

bump for visibility - still looking for information

can you change LA tax rate now? i thought that was bound by MA.

something like berycled is a good example of what i'm pursuing - not a rare mob, but its a massive PITA to hunt large ones off of those two LAs. i understand the sentiment behind active/passive LA management, event running, etc...it's really just going to depend on availability and pricing i think. good to know that argo's might not go as big as elite - i'll remember to look into max maturities for those situations as well.

Yes, the misconception with land areas is that you are buying land, when you are actually buying the tax.... that normally would have gone to CLD in the case of that LA. You can set it seperately for hunting or mining in the land area terminal.

And, by being able to change the tax, you can beat the rate of everywhere that is not designated as a LA....calypso in this case, which I believe is around 6% tax to support the CLD income.

Really wish I could find the online interview ma did on this subject for some aussie publication years back explaining it. But this is the reality.

Yes, the misconception with land areas is that you are buying land, when you are actually buying the tax.... that normally would have gone to CLD in the case of that LA. You can set it seperately for hunting or mining in the land area terminal.

And, by being able to change the tax, you can beat the rate of everywhere that is not designated as a LA....calypso in this case, which I believe is around 6% tax to support the CLD income.

Really wish I could find the online interview ma did on this subject for some aussie publication years back explaining it. But this is the reality.
Are you saying that LA tax doesn't decrease loot returns?

That would be huge as I avoid LAs specifically because I dont want to lose 3-5% my my loot every hunt.

You won't be able to to find it because you're talking total bollocks.

Back