Info: Old HA vs New HA non SIB weapons

Jennson

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Jennson Laudi Marakomm
It's been some months now, but especially from newcomers i often see questions popping up recently regarding the old HA and the new HA as they see a lot of guides and documentation explaining the old system.

The formula was changed with VU 14 on 2013 Jan,22th.

The old formula was simply hit level / 10 = HA. So someone with level 20 hat a HA of 2.0 and someone with lvl 55 had 5.5 HA and someone with level 100 maxed the Hit Ability of the weapon and had a HA of 10.

The weapon is still maxed with level 100. Nevertheless the formula was changed in favor of the majority of the playerbase to :

4 + 0.06 * HitLvl

as determined here

This benefits everyone, but mostly the players on low levels. So someone who just starts got 0.0 HA to start with the old formula. Nowadays new player start with a HA of 4.

In order to see the difference i made a graph which displays the difference between the 2 systems:

However in the new system some things have not changed. You still got the same reduced damage level, so the eco in raw damage per pec still sucks on lower levels. So it still remains it is best to use a weapon when maxed or at least on very high levels to use it effeciently.

So just a short excursion on recent history.

BR

Last edited:
Nice post - thanks for explaining the new HA formula.

I wonder ... in the past rule of thumb was non-SIB weaps made sense to use once you unlocked Commando, level 70 that is, so from 7/10 HA onward... after the change, had that theoretic threshold been lowered to lvl 50 (that now will give the 7/10 HA) ?? ... would be interesting to hear some opinions ;)

I wonder ... in the past rule of thumb was non-SIB weaps made sense to use once you unlocked Commando, level 70 that is, so from 7/10 HA onward... after the change, had that theoretic threshold been lowered to lvl 50 (that now will give the 7/10 HA) ?? ... would be interesting to hear some opinions ;)

i think the main problem is still the damage, not so much hit, one always used to be able to use attachments to up ones hit ability...

That's why they changed amps, too many opalo A104 hunters.

It also depends on the eco of the weapon, but yes, for some of the more eco oldschool weapons; at around level 50 and up you will be approaching the 2.7-2.8 eco mark; which is comparable with many of the higher MU mid-level (L) weapons. You would still of course still be far from realising the full potential of the weapon though.

The weapon compare function on entropedia will let you input HA, CHA and damage intervals, play around with it and see what happens.

NB - adding an amp or enhancers on the entropedia tool will default the damage to max, so make sure you check that what your actual damage intervals are ingame. Alternatively, if you go to the main weapons chart; and add the amps/enhancers there; it will calculate the damage interval for you.

Unless you can afford a super eco UL weapon, you'd need to be around lvl 80 in damge (Kill Strike) to use them eco.
And some of the new high level (L) weapons have low MU and end up more eco than UL weapons anyway.

It's still a good rule of thumb that at Commando one can start seeing an advantage with uber non-SIB weapons, because the economy of competing SIB weapons has been increasing.

I always considered hitting 3 damage/pec to be a good target, and that coincidentally happened around Commando unlock with imk2. The recent change bumped me up to 3.0, and i'm still not quite to Commando, but close.

For any non-uber non-SIB weapon, the economy before Commando will still be quite low.

I'd be really interested to know what motivated MA to make this change to HA. It was a huge bonus for me, but i don't think people have exactly been clamoring for this kind of thing. Very strange.

I think its worth noting that SIB weapons got the same change for the HA in in-SIB range.

I'd be really interested to know what motivated MA to make this change to HA. It was a huge bonus for me, but i don't think people have exactly been clamoring for this kind of thing. Very strange.

My theory is that it was response to all the new UL sib weapons that they have released. To help minimise the impact on the oldschool weapons MU. Not so much on the seriously uber stuff, which will always be in demand, but more for the AdjV1's and DOA's of the world.

I think its worth noting that SIB weapons got the same change for the HA in in-SIB range.

Okay, i wasn't sure about that. So among other things, the change is probably intended to reduce the negative impression that missing so much has on a player.

Okay, i wasn't sure about that. So among other things, the change is probably intended to reduce the negative impression that missing so much has on a player.

I think it all falls under "increase chance of hit", really.

Back