Buying: Old Witches Broom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheOneOmega

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Marie TheOne Omega
Hello, I am buying an old Witches Broom. My offer is −2183T^5 + 5747T^4 − 5044T^3 + 1577T^2 + 141T + 64 PED, where T is the Trade Terminal Value of the broom in PED. It has to have at least some usable condition left. I will pay a slight bonus if it is in perfect condition. Thank you for visiting my buying thread, and have fun with your newfound math homework.

A perfect one is worth 500+ ped and one sold last week on auction

I paid 800 ped for mine at perfect condition a couple of years ago and it still is at perfect condition. No way I'm selling it for 800 ped either. The fact that it doesn't have movement decay and the fact that you'll be flying in a broom in UE5 is quite appealing.

A perfect one is worth 500+ ped and one sold last week on auction
I have peer reviewed your claims in accordance with official cross referenced data from the Project Entropia Universe Market Value History and hereby assign to the aforementioned claims the following truth status: FALSE

4kxscPq.png

Notice that 1) no copies have sold in the past week, 2) the most recent copy that sold was for a price right in line with my perfect condition offer price, and 3) no perfect condition copies have sold for anywhere near 500 PED within the past year. Lower condition copies have sold for higher markup in terms of percentage, but this is common for vehicle prices. In fact, my offer equation reflects this general pattern of inverse correlation between condition and percentage markup; the latter monotonically decreases with the former, except for a small region between .837 TT Value and .945 TT Value, arising as an artifact of my use of Lagrange Polynomial Interpolation in constructing the equation. If you know of a way to incorporate non-polynomial functions to make this relation perfectly monotonic, I'm open to modifying my equation.

I have peer reviewed your claims in accordance with official cross referenced data from the Project Entropia Universe Market Value History and hereby assign to the aforementioned claims the following truth status: FALSE

4kxscPq.png

Notice that 1) no copies have sold in the past week, 2) the most recent copy that sold was for a price right in line with my perfect condition offer price, and 3) no perfect condition copies have sold for anywhere near 500 PED within the past year. Lower condition copies have sold for higher markup in terms of percentage, but this is common for vehicle prices. In fact, my offer equation reflects this general pattern of inverse correlation between condition and percentage markup; the latter monotonically decreases with the former, except for a small region between .837 TT Value and .945 TT Value, arising as an artifact of my use of Lagrange Polynomial Interpolation in constructing the equation. If you know of a way to incorporate non-polynomial functions to make this relation perfectly monotonic, I'm open to modifying my equation.
I guess it got no bids, it was on auction though.

I got to admit I would really like to have one of these also. It always bugged me I missed out on them. I don't personally care too much about the TT on it unless it functions differently than other vehicles in regards to decay only being from creatures.

I got to admit I would really like to have one of these also. It always bugged me I missed out on them. I don't personally care too much about the TT on it unless it functions differently than other vehicles in regards to decay only being from creatures.
You missed out on nothing it was a Halloween bonus for NEW ACCOUNT SIGNUPS on RT only, 99% of them are from exploiters. I know because my brother in law signed up legitimately at the time and got one at the behest of my husband.

It was the one and only seasonal player registration bonus ever, and was so highly abused the mechanic was never repeated

this was 10 years ago so this item is quite rare now. Sadly he sold his when it got movement decay and now that it is removed he regrets it

Last edited:
You missed out on nothing it was a Halloween bonus for NEW ACCOUNT SIGNUPS on RT only, 99% of them are from exploiters. I know because my brother in law signed up legitimately at the time and got one at the behest of my husband.

It was the one and only seasonal player registration bonus ever, and was so highly abused the mechanic was never repeated

this was 10 years ago so this item is quite rare now. Sadly he sold his when it got movement decay and now that it is removed he regrets it
That's not true. It was just a Halloween gift. You just had to go to rt. The reason they are rare is so many broke with movement decay (now removed).

Last edited:
That's not true. It was just a Halloween gift. You just had to go to rt. Myself and others got one on our caly born avatars as soon as we arrived. Like all normal seasonal gifts l.
AAAAAAND another false fact from "Dr" bites the dust :D

That's not true. It was just a Halloween gift. You just had to go to rt. The reason they are rare is so many broke with movement decay (now removed).
Yes that’s what I was saying, it’s just a Halloween gift, but brand new signups we’re able to get the item, and my husband didn’t get one when he arrived there. Maybe the new signups got one and also deed holders which he wasn’t yet at the time.
Either way new signups we’re able to get them and many people made a lot of new accounts over and over at the time.

Last edited:
Yes that’s what I was saying, it’s just a Halloween gift, but brand new signups we’re able to get the item, and my husband didn’t get one when he arrived there. Maybe the new signups got one and also deed holders which he wasn’t yet at the time.
Either way new signups we’re able to get them and many people made a lot of new accounts over and over at the time.
No you wrote that it was Halloween gift for RT avatars ONLY. And thats incorrect. Again you were proven that your statement is wrong and now you try to twist the words.

Yea I admitted my error in the very post you quoted o_O

Didn't know these was worth anything. I'll post a sales thread tomorrow so feel free to send an offer.

I was OG calypso and I got the broom. I believe you may have to have been on there at the time of Halloween?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back