OldTimers

lol i remind at axes with extra electric dmg , and hunting naked feffs with the katsuchi :yup:

back then did i had my biggest hunting hof ... 4,2k from a feff ! great times :tongue2:

Happy New Year everyone.
Every last sunday a month we are doing a group hunt in the early EU evening.
Anyone who consider themselfes to be Oldies can join :cool:

Great initiative. :yay:

Might be fun to chat or hunt with you guys, if I'm welcome.
I'm not online that much, but I really miss the team hunts from the old days of PE. Nearly no teams these days.

PS.
I have to disagree with the nostalgia though: Entropia is a waaaay better game today than it was as PE. But sadly it's much harder to get good items or make money.

The group hunt idea sounds fun, but the only thing I hear at the times I login is the sound of crickets chirping. :laugh:

PS.
I have to disagree with the nostalgia though: Entropia is a waaaay better game today than it was as PE. But sadly it's much harder to get good items or make money.

I believe most gripes are about content, not technology. It is most certainly a much better program now. As for content, many new additions are awesome, some are destructive and hurtful to those grown attached to this or that thing, and some are giving the whole picture a direction certain dinosaurs tend to dislike. Making money is always easier in the heydays of something, and gets harder when crowds of me-toos pour in. Many items are better than their former counterparts, at the price of them being ephemeral (limited). That, too, goes against certain dispositions. This group is a sinkhole for such characters, but this doesn't mean we're against anyone who has something positive to say. After all, we're still here because the addiction is stronger than all the grumblings. Be welcome and make yourself at home.

-you always had someone at ring in twin before CE

-rig oil was also so much fun i used to relog to lose the agro of atrox in 2004 ( https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=128242 )

- i remember the hit rate on avatars was very bad so you had to shoot a lot to kill someone

- my first hunting experience was on umbra/cornunda so i miss those a lot

- sweat camp north of camp phonix on diripi

Heehoo
you can join the groups here or ingame chat group anytime if you like.

Ofc, I know that many things have improved and that it is necessary to go on and add new content, enhance graphics , engine etc. but the feeling and atmosphere back then - that is what I am missing.

Heehoo
you can join the groups here or ingame chat group anytime if you like.

Ofc, I know that many things have improved and that it is necessary to go on and add new content, enhance graphics , engine etc. but the feeling and atmosphere back then - that is what I am missing.
Yes, everything was new and shiny, and we were on the frontier of gaming in many ways.

Good times. :)

I miss the the old times when looting 5000 ammo was amazing :D

I still get really excited when i see so much ammo in the loot window and then remember it is worth 100 times less now lol

I still have no idea why this was changed... What type of gun uses 900 ammo a shot :rolleyes:

I miss the the old times when looting 5000 ammo was amazing :D

I still get really excited when i see so much ammo in the loot window and then remember it is worth 100 times less now lol

I still have no idea why this was changed... What type of gun used 900 ammo a shot :rolleyes:

If I understand your question correctly, ammo change occured around the time 0.001 Pec items could be looted (Blazar and Nova) for the first time.

Before that, the smallest item that could be looted was 1 Pec (eg 1 animal oil residue).

There have been compensations, all ammo is weightless now, and the green ammo can be used by all weapon types - with a recent VU I think you can go mining with it (not tried it personally)

Yes, everything was new and shiny, and we were on the frontier of gaming in many ways.

Good times. :)

The community was a lot more cohesive and more laid back. I find it hard to believe something like the full moon parties could be organised now or be as much fun.

4 or 5 hours of just dancing about in TI castle or at the beach huts, playing name that tune while hanging out in the jacuzzi and I still think those were the best times I've had in EU, if there wasn't a mission involved some wouldn't even acknowledge something like that now ;)

The community was a lot more cohesive and more laid back. I find it hard to believe something like the full moon parties could be organised now or be as much fun.

4 or 5 hours of just dancing about in TI castle or at the beach huts, playing name that tune while hanging out in the jacuzzi and I still think those were the best times I've had in EU, if there wasn't a mission involved some wouldn't even acknowledge something like that now ;)

The same it happens to all or both (to be more accurate) pioneer virtual worlds (Second Life is the other one for me).
I remember 2006-2007, parties around the fire or dancing all night with good friends who met each other inWorld and realy made bonds among us due those wonderfull days.
It was the feeling of the new unexplored world, the pioneers of virtual reality.
Now the younger people doesn't feel like this anymore.
10 years in technology are centuries behind.
Also RL changed alot, isn't?

Reactions: San
thank you all for joining this awesome Group Hunt, had lots of fun!
even got one global and looted two items and found some funny persons :-O
jerk day! *rofl*

Awww... I forgot about the hunt. :duh:

I even had time for it yesterday. I better put it in my calandar for the future.

Hi LeeLoo

I'd love to join the society, recently returned after leaving in 2009/2010

Was very active on the forums - was the founder of Atlas Haven Radio and looking for the old time community fun we all used to have

I still have you on my friends list LeeLoo, I used to come to you for all my design needs back way when :)

IGN: Raven Woodger Night

I'll message you when I notice you're online

Awww... I forgot about the hunt. :duh:

I even had time for it yesterday. I better put it in my calandar for the future.

awww .. what a shame .. but next time you have to join :wtg:

Hi LeeLoo

I'd love to join the society, recently returned after leaving in 2009/2010

Was very active on the forums - was the founder of Atlas Haven Radio and looking for the old time community fun we all used to have

I still have you on my friends list LeeLoo, I used to come to you for all my design needs back way when :)

IGN: Raven Woodger Night

I'll message you when I notice you're online

HI Woodger, great we are looking forward to welcome you :grouphug: I also remember you from back then! You can also apply at soc terminal if you like.

Remember our next group hunt, next sunday. And pls also tell those who are not in Forum!
28th Feb 2016

It's unfortunate we don't have hardly any members who are online during typical gaming hours, North American time (Mountain Standard/Eastern/Pacific time). Except for San, I'm usually the only cricket chirping when I login. :)

hmm not sure yet. probably around 18:00 EU time

talked to my socmates, 18:00 EU Time is it :wtg:

Bunny pest control or raiders of the lost egg?

Oldtimer hunt 15:00 EUT today!
:tprun:

Last edited:
great Fun

thx to all who joined, that was really cool and we got quite far on the Rextelum waves, didnt expect to stand through that long!

here is one little screenshot I made of one of the many swirlies we got.

oldt-easter.jpg

Yes, it was great fun.
And we even had nice loot. I told you I'd bring luck. :D

Thanks for letting me join.

Well when i get back ingame this might be a soc i would like to join lol. I joined back in 2004 and my first soc was calypso thunderstruck for the longest time. I remember ya leeloo lol. This is RAVEN the other alaskan assassin that ran around with zippo lol.

Haven't got word of any obstacles, so I assume today's Oldie hunt is back to its originally agreed schedule at 17:00 EUT. Looking forward to meeting everybody! :)

Sorry San. Some urgent crap came in between :( (again)

Ah the good old days... back when entropia had that extra excitement and desire to play..

Not sure what it is, the game just doesn't seem anything like it used to.

Interesting society idea, may need to pop back on and have another crack haha

Heya all

I Joined January 8th 2006, so more than 10 years ago. wow, cannot really imagine.
Played a lot, played less, again a lot. Now from time to time to meet old mates ingame.
Won not a fortune, but sure lost one :)
I am without a soc since some time. I did not find something suitable which I may call "home" in our virtual universe.

OldTimers look like it could be something. Do you mind if I apply?

cheerio

Welcome all, of course we don't mind!! :yay:

The good news for Oldtimers: In Entropia, life is reversed! You're never too old to rock'n'roll, and never too young to die :laugh:

Back