Omegaton to Purchase Vast Quantities of Components

Coincidence or not coincidence?

Was there spike on Brain Oil maybe for longer period to prepare to the event? What is to do with the print if you haven't resources to craft on it? I could not see any signals myself, though professionals on Simple IV Conductors crafters could have more confident data.
I guess activity on crafting new armor plates (AP-54, AP-60, AP-66) had impact on demand of Simple 4 Conductor prints.

Guarantees offered

I could see this event as new type of guarantee MA started - guarantee to component crafters (really not just to them, but also to suppliers of materials to them) that there will be demand for their product not lower than some level. Orders are not at TT level, so massive crafters will have better offers than from Mr TT.

+rep from me, MA crew. Good work.

Now will be part for community to get some things done.
Learning how to deal with that guarantees offered and spread best solutions.

Last edited:
Was there spike on Brain Oil maybe for longer period to prepare to the event? What is to do with the print if you haven't resources to craft on it? I could not see any signals myself, though professionals on Simple IV Conductors crafters could have more confident data.
I guess activity on crafting new armor plates (AP-54, AP-60, AP-66) had impact on demand of Simple 4 Conductor prints.

There was a larger brain oil volume peak roughly together with the one bp sale in mid feb, but anyone buying the bp is likely to buy brain oil too. It was the price paid for the bp that surprised me.
I didn't know about the new higher APs, so that is a possible explanation, yes.

Also a bit surprised by simple 3 plastic springs bp asking price set over three days ago, but it is a qr100. Unfortunately the AH graphs are usually not very good for isolating out stuff like the historical selling price of a good qr bp (or bigger land plot, big si on a warp ship etc).

Anyway, thanks Auktuma.

So MA is introducing minimum Prices on certain Components - Meaning items crafter have to at least pay more than the MA Markup to get these Componets from Auction.

Seams to me like a experiment from MA to see how their customers react to it and if the can boost turaround of materials with such events...

Seems to me like a experiment from MindArk to see how their customers react to it and if the can boost turaround of materials with such events...

If they, MindArk, are now exploring new opportunities and changes to boost the crafting System, and thus all the Game Economy, then i would suggest a major revision in the number of materials required to craft : AKA simplification (="less entropia") :

-->instead of 500 crafting materials overall, many of which are illiquid (=HUGE time wasted by the Player just trying to sell them, often even unsuccessfully /with big frustration), only 40-50 crafting materials, each one with a VERY LIQUID market.

I know it requires a deep redesign (again the magic word : "simplification") in the materials required by current Blueprints, and a conversion factor to turn many current illiquid materials into those 40-50 liquid materials, but the outcome would boost the Game Economy INCREDIBLY.

This requires a hard work by MindArk, but definitely deserves some studies.

Paul

Last edited:
cmon dude to low sample

Sure maybe, but then i've been tracking crafting runs for a long time, every time i use a BP, its recorded.
When i saw this run going it was something to notice. I left the computer on last night to do a 5K click run of a different BP, ended up with a 43-46% success rate based on product returned. Expected only a 35-38% success on that based on past performances for that run amount. Unfortunately EU closes when you are not there so couldn't provide a screen shot. Will be testing more over the next little while.

Not really getting my hopes up too much, but if they have improved the success rate, it would be a welcomed change. More product returns would be useful.

So, if I understand correctly, MA is going to buy stuff on auction, right?
They are going to pay MU, meaning they will put more TT in the system then they will take out.

Just wondering, where does this money come from? :confused:

not making basic oil(muscle,eye,liver,etc) orders?
you evil Omegaton-empire want make ppl craft those stuff for nothing?

this event is pure crap
now i can see they just making $ out of game (not MA, crafters :D)
idk whose idea is this
that guy is clever but sloppy
give him some bonus and encourage him, to make better idea(how to take players money in legit, more subtle way)

thanks for the great event!! and gratz for your new lambo plan
but its pathetic

trumpventador-11092016-952x563.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
not making basic oil(muscle,eye,liver,etc) orders?
you evil Omegaton-empire want make ppl craft those stuff for nothing?

This is a CRAFTING event, not a hunting event.
Crafters don't make oils so it makes sense there are no orders for oils.

All simple's gone on auction, and resold for MAs order. Challange finished with person with biggest ped card in minutes..

Is it just me, or is this 'crafting' event - a bit shite.

Rgds

Ace

yup... hmmm maybe it should be based on what you craft and turn in, not sell to the auction. oops.. at least they tried?

All simple's gone on auction, and resold for MAs order. Challange finished with person with biggest ped card in minutes..

Is it just me, or is this 'crafting' event - a bit shite.

Rgds

Ace

Are they overbiding with higher orders if someone posts 1 pec above their order? I'm sure if you need components just post better order and you will get your components.

so, uh... logically following the storyline, which planets is this talking about? Will all of the items actually purchased in this event be placed on non-Calypso planets or on some new unexplored planet, like the 3 new ones mentioned in the Deep Token White Paper that has been buried in the sand since that time?... hmm... wasn't there a space idea a few years ago about pirates having to deliver goods through space. Could this be the start of that thing? .... so many possibilities I suppose, but likely time will tell if Mindark actually develops any of it in ways they've hinted at previously or if this is just another one off story that goes nowhere like the orbs, etc.

Expanding on this idea... how about all items purchased get returned to community in some way either as future event rewards or alternatively in something new.... still think they idea of making it available to new planets is the way to go. ;)

(I hear Cyrene just started to grow up a bit)

:rolleyes: Not sure if this event is supposed to reflect the depth of planning/thought MA has put into crafting as a whole.

Event and rewards not thought out well. Will be more ped card flex than crafting skill flex. I think I'll pass?

Reminds me of hunting events.... yawn

This is a CRAFTING event, not a hunting event.
Crafters don't make oils so it makes sense there are no orders for oils.

think again, {DELETED}
this is lame event case closed

spring,conductor matts basically animal oil(hunting)
other things, such as filter rod standard matrix matts from mining

if its 100%crafting event
the omegaton empire should make order of Explosive projectile for blow up something
with rocket launcher ammunition
zillion nanocubes available on TT

also this event reward is terrible
hunting mining crafting returns horrible lately
unknown.png

if you still insist this is Crafting event
just keep think that way on your own, don't spread out to other ppl
thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
This makes stuff flow.. but who pays the MU in the end? I guess we all do...

This makes stuff flow.. but who pays the MU in the end? I guess we all do...

All? :D
What is needed is for crafters who will go filling orders to check what economy they have and do not craft if not ready for results.
People, please do not forget you are members of community and if you are getting profits think what for you get it. If it is serving to community you live in. Think on what service that is. Give something to get something.

Awesome Event MA. Well done. Support crafting and the rest of the professions benefit by default. Please do put your focus on crafting if you want EU to thrive. :thumbup:

Thanks for at least not adding more bps to the game, this is a true relief for a change.

I used the event to qr bps that have no reason to click or demand for mu otherwise. Managed a 1300 ped quan HOF in the process. win win and win.

Although this event should at least showcase some of the glaring problems with the Entropia economy in is current state.

Things like Brain and Duru and Erdorium are not hunted reliably/mined in enough quantities anymore to really impact this event like it would have in the past. The effects of 2.0 and limiting the target mobs for most to lower levels have really impacted the high end oil markets like brain and heart.

And events like these have lasting carryover effect on other things like level 7 amps, which now have a broken markup due to the jump in Duru to match the 130% return on HP engines over the 107% level 7 amp. This broken markup will take some time to correct and make level 7's viable again.

Not sure what is the perfect solution for crafting without affecting too much for events but this was at least better than getting a bunch of bps that end up gathering dust if you don't sell to the highest bidder ASAP (who usually gets shafted over time anyhow, which doesn't feel great either)

Im in just awe. Calling this an event... so if MA put up 102% orders for animal oils that would be good event too?
:lolup:

Its MA doing something new, starting on a small scale in an attempt to improve the overall economy, increase turnover and markup and it is a solid start well implemented with no immediate hitch/bug or exploits. Not sure why people are so salty about it, it certainly doesnt negatively impact anything so at worst its nothing but i thinks its much better than that. I think its a good step in the right direction and hope they continue to focus on this kind of thing going forward.

Its MA doing something new, starting on a small scale in an attempt to improve the overall economy, increase turnover and markup and it is a solid start well implemented with no immediate hitch/bug or exploits. Not sure why people are so salty about it, it certainly doesnt negatively impact anything so at worst its nothing but i thinks its much better than that. I think its a good step in the right direction and hope they continue to focus on this kind of thing going forward.

The ped for these prices and markup they are paying out have to come from somewhere. Looking at previous major events, all ped prizes come out of revenue, so expect low CLD returns with the likes of these. (I think this is the major reason they changed events to low tt items, like the keys)

Rgds

Ace

EDIT some simple maths

TypePercentTT valueTotal PaidMargin
Simple 4 Conductors140%12000168004800
Simple 3 Conductors111%60000666006600
Simple 2 Conductors107%16000017120011200
Simple 3 Plastic Springs115%9000010350013500
Simple 2 Plastic Springs108%1120001209608960
Simple 3 Plastic Ruds111%17000188701870
Simple 2 Plastic Ruds109%1100001199009900
Hardened Metal Ruds116%30000348004800
Basic Filters108%50000540004000
Basic Sensor126%22000277205720
Basic Structure115.97%4500052186.57186.5
Standard Matrix112.98%50000564906490
Standard Plate112.96%25000282403240
High Performance Engine130%15000195004500
Electropositive Processor125%10000125002500
Reinforced Bearings130%10000130003000
Heavy Duty Core121%10000121002100
TOTAL to pay out100366.50

So, MA have to find 100k peds to payout for this 'event', where is that going to come from?

Last edited:
I think miners made the most out of this event, hunters made some too probably, which is good. As for me, I had filters and standart plates laying around, I crafted them before and was selling them in small batches... this event allowed me to get rid of all of them quickly.

Its is a nice idea brought by Mindark squirrels.

I'm sure more people will deposit.

If you crash the "Economy", maybe more people will deposit too ? ( yeah this is irony..)

sleeping ped make no profit. maybe it s allow to some player to clean inventory and make the ped workable.

sleeping ped make no profit. maybe it s allow to some player to clean inventory and make the ped workable.

made me to search deeper into my storage and got rid of some ten+ yo stocks :)

Reviving another dead horse, as MA promised payouts for this event, and nothing has happened in 5 months.
Seriously.....did you forget about an active event that you yourselves announced already?

Reviving another dead horse, as MA promised payouts for this event, and nothing has happened in 5 months.
Seriously.....did you forget about an active event that you yourselves announced already?
You're right! I forgot about this one ... quite possible they did too

Quite possible they did, however it could also be due to them waiting for the event to be over before disributing prizes. There was one order that took a long time to fill and was reposted multiple times (and i am not sure it was completely filled but MA have not reposted it recently). Can't remember if it was the standard matrix or the basic structure, etc, but it involved a resource whose MU jumped up a ton due to resource changes MA made in game. Made supplying this order not really worth the cost so it sat stagnant for quite a while and would get slowly filled.

Good that we are bringing this event back into the light, as perhaps they will replace that order if it was not filled.

Back