Question: on the cost of being Male

Society
Church of Lootius
When I looked into Entropia in the past I always noticed that (F)emale armors were selling for lower prices than (M)ale armors.

Looking into the prices that I can find now the prices seem to be fluctuating highly at about 25%-80% for the same piece in the same slot for F compaired to M. I am only looking to the sales threads here for prices, as PEauction and hence Entropedia seem to not be keeping up with prices from the AH anymore (please correct me if I am wrong).

Is the estimate of 25%-80% valid in the prices for F armor today? Does it 'flip' at the upper end as I remember it doing at points in the past, and if so what %'s do they go to on the upper end? Does this also cover clothes and other items? I don't have the info available to research inside of EU because I have yet to create my avatar.

Thank you in advice for any help on this matter.

Last edited:

Coop_

Stalker
When I looked into Entropia in the past I always noticed that (F)emale armors were selling for lower prices than (M)ale armors.

Looking into the prices that I can find now the prices seem to be fluctuating highly at about 25%-80% for the same piece in the same slot for F compaired to M. I am only looking to the sales threads here for prices, as PEauction and hence Entropedia seem to not be keeping up with prices from the AH anymore (please correct me if I am wrong).

Is the estimate of 25%-80% valid in the prices for F armor today? Does it 'flip' at the upper end as I remember it doing at points in the past, and if so what %'s do they go to on the upper end? Does this also cover clothes and other items? I don't have the info available to research inside of EU because I have yet to create my avatar.

Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.
Keep in mind that with all the Limited versions of armor available now, the situation is a bit changed. Prices for individual pieces do vary considerably, but I don't think it's much more expensive to get limited male armors than female.

Don't know anything about the high end unlimited stuff, so can't help ya there.

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
I have heard a few theories about this:
1) There are as many (F) armor parts as there are (M), but less ppl that play as (F).

2) MindArk thought that girls spend more money on RL looks than men do and therefore they need cheaper ingame stuff, hence bigger (F) drops compared to nr of players

:rolleyes:

Pauhe Gunor

Stalker
Society
Hunters Unlimited
Pauhe Cybertrash Gunor
not sure why but all the female armour/clothing tends to sell cheaper than the male stuff, mebys there is more male ava's than female, we do know my sig is true but there is also a lot of females that play male ava's

Society
Church of Lootius
Thank you for all the help. Sorry I wasn't more specific in the OP, though I was thinking just of UL armors, and to some extent dropped (L). Crafted armor as I understand it is simply a flip of the switch to make either (M)ale or (F)emale.

Any advice on the upper end armors? Do they still cost less for (F)? And is there anywhere outside of the in Entropia AH info that I can access via another website or somesuch such as PEAuction and Entropedia(formerly PEWiki) used to be?